• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

shira

Well the do like to shitpost

image.php

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Every time I venture into OT gaf I'm reminded how this thread actually is nowhere close to being the worst part of GAF. OT is such a goddam cesspool man, infuriating. I won't take you boys for granted!
Except the weebs, fuck yall :)

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Why is it that whenever I enchantress off, enemy team picks late carries, and our team inevitably lacks cc (or more aptly, fails to utilize it appropriately) to stop them from getting to lategame and destroying us?

At least getting the aghs for the challenge in 40 isn't a problem lol.

why is this so reasonable, this is some bizzaro /r/dota2: https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/48bjs7/the_chinese_perspective_on_the_2gd_drama_why/d0id42j

seriously though, i enjoy 2gd but there's a time and place for everything.
I'd be down for the three streams mentioned in a reply. There's always a time and place for professionalism, learning and shenanigans.

GIFs aside this is the first time I've felt they've made Bison actually look as powerful/intimidating as the lore says he is. His walk animation might have a lot to do with it.

Gaming side is decent. I've entirely stopped browsing any other gaming forums because there is no point as NeoGAF is always the superior platform. Just skip blatant console wars threads and you are good.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i gave u an actual opinion. it sounds like the kind of music that someone would append the word -core to to make the genre.

G.ZZZ

'Genre: Electronic, Ambient'

wow that took a long time to find.........

No shit i know it sound sorta like ambient i just asked if some of you edgelords know this genre by a more specific name. Those are the tags which have to be as generic as possible because this way more people find them they aren't helping me much.

R A G E B O Y S

inkls

I really like the void rework. Removing his passive and placing it in time walk instead imo makes it much more skillful compared to passively dodging laguna blades. It makes him more vulnerable to silences and stuns. Time dilation however I think I see getting nerfed? Its so strong. Force heroes like bristle to buy bkb or never cast quills ever again.
dac15_face.gif

Sibylus

Banned
I really like the void rework. Removing his passive and placing it in time walk instead imo makes it much more skillful compared to passively dodging laguna blades. It makes him more vulnerable to silences and stuns. Time dilation however I think I see getting nerfed? Its so strong. Force heroes like bristle to buy bkb or never cast quills ever again.
dac15_face.gif
I really like the rework too, it's just really smart and ups the skillcap in a sensible fashion.

Wok

dac15_face.gif

What is the problem with Time Dilation? I don't think there is any honestly. It is a great counter versus some heroes, but it is not a broken spell in any way.

inkls

What is the problem with Time Dilation? I don't think there is any honestly. It is a great counter versus some heroes, but it is not a broken spell in any way.

I mean, I'm just assuming void's gonna get nerfed and the main ability I see getting nerfed is time dilation. Thats my logic for it.

Wok

I mean, I'm just assuming void's gonna get nerfed and the main ability I see getting nerfed is time dilation. Thats my logic for it.

Time Walk could get nerfed.

Time Dilatation is like a local silence which can be broken at the cost of a longer cooldown. It is a nice spell, but no need to nerf it in my opinion.

People usually do not realize that:
  • Does not actually freeze cooldowns, instead, it adds up to 6/8/10/12 seconds on ongoing cooldowns and visually freezes the timer.
  • Abilities cast by affected units after the debuff is applied have their cooldown increased based on the duration left on the debuff.
So basically, either stay silent for 12 seconds after Time Dilatation is used (waiting for the debuff status to wear off), or use a spell and suffer a longer cooldown, but with a time penalty less than 12 seconds.

inkls

Time Walk could get nerfed.

Time Dilatation is like a local silence which can be broken at the cost of a longer cooldown. It is a nice spell, but no need to nerf it in my opinion.

People usually do not realize that:
  • Does not actually freeze cooldowns, instead, it adds up to 6/8/10/12 seconds on ongoing cooldowns and visually freezes the timer.
  • Abilities cast by affected units after the debuff is applied have their cooldown increased based on the duration left on the debuff.
So basically, either stay silent for 12 seconds after Time Dilatation is used, or use a spell and suffer a longer cooldown, but with a time penalty less than 12 seconds.

how would you nerf time walk other than the cd tho?

Wok

how would you nerf time walk other than the cd tho?

I am a simple man: increase mana cost, decrease backtracked time, increase cast time, etc. There are lots of levers.

What I would do though would be to decrease backtracked time, or make it scale.

2XtO5BD.png

inkls

I am a simple man: increase mana cost, decrease backtracked time, increase cast time, etc. There are lots of levers.

What I would do though would be to decrease backtracked time, or make it scale.

2XtO5BD.png

Thats the only part I can't see getting changed. 2 seconds is already ehh in terms of duration. Less than that is just awful imo.

But also what demoli said. Time dilation aoe is HUGE

I've lost my last 9 Dota games rofl. Taking a long break and not watching any pro games and not being up to date with the meta is not ideal. First thing to go with lack of practice is my last hitting interestingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom