• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

inkls

fear
PogChamp.png

shira

kGXyYik.gif

YYFHfYu.png

hosted by
a91VsPk.png

***Expect massive delays/lost keyboard/shitty production etc***

t1458467100z1.png

Semifinal
MVP vs Complexity (Bo3)
EG vs Natus Vincere (Bo3)

Grand Final (Bo5)

Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/dotapit
Liquipedia: http://wiki.teamliquid.net/dota2/Dota_Pit_League/Season_4

Prize Money
1st $95,458:
2nd $45,820:
3rd-4th $24,819:
5th-8th no prize $
cBj1LTf.png
: Virtus.pro, OG, Secret, Empire

new CDEC
Yao Rabbit Super Garder Q

RIP Sylar, Shiki

i spilled coffee on my keyboard and i thought only a little bit went on but it's stopped responding :((

nuB6unz.gif

Wok

Wow, I have been losing so hard that I would like to get some feedback regarding my early game in failed offlane Void games.

Lane: Void + Earthshaker dominated by Juggernaut + Orb-of-Venom Disruptor
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2234895823

Lane: Solo Void (+ cliff-Ancient Nature Prophet) dominated by Razor + Vengeful Spirit
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2234946127

Lane: Solo Void vs. lightning-fast farmed AM (and some rotations)
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2230929091

Well, something that immediately apparent are your item choices, which are simply bat. The current FV is mostly about utility and support. Making yourself very tanky via vanguard and heart serves very little purpose as you're actually no threat to anyone. Time Lapse makes you very tanky already so that you don't need any of that.

Vlads (which you got sometimes) is a great choice. With most of voids potential lying in utility you should then aim for Blink Dagger and Aghs to ez chronos. You'll rarely get more farm anyways because the game is either won when you can get that much or you aren't getting any farm anyways. If it does get longer, get stuff like AC, force staff, pipe etc., whatever fits the situation best.

You can also build Void as a hard hitter still (mom, moonshard, mael, mkb, yadayada) but it really doesn't play to the hero's current strength, and is especially unfitting for an offlane void.

Maybe this is because I am on tilt after losing the lane so hard.

What's precisely the problem? I figure you're getting zoned too hard? I just looked at your games again and you don't have poor mans shield, which is pretty much essential. If you get pms a single support usually cannot zone you out, especially not via rightclicks.

What I'm abusing heavily in offlane is running into the trees and just juking around constantly. That way you can stay near the creep wave and get xp (especially getting to level 2 is often very important) and if the carry helps chasing you that means he's missing out on lasthits, too. If you're constantly juking around trees and have a pms or at least stout shield, you should be very hard to kill and have an easy time soaking up xp, too.

Maybe this is because I am on tilt after losing the lane so hard.

if you lost your lane and cant really stay there anymore then you can get a talon and farm the offlane camp. if the creeps reach your tower go back to lane soak exp and lh then go back to the camp.

Wok

Well, something that immediately apparent are your item choices, which are simply bat. The current FV is mostly about utility and support. Making yourself very tanky via vanguard and heart serves very little purpose as you're actually no threat to anyone. Time Lapse makes you very tanky already so that you don't need any of that.

Vlads (which you got sometimes) is a great choice. With most of voids potential lying in utility you should then aim for Blink Dagger and Aghs to ez chronos. You'll rarely get more farm anyways because the game is either won when you can get that much or you aren't getting any farm anyways. If it does get longer, get stuff like AC, force staff, pipe etc., whatever fits the situation best.

You can also build Void as a hard hitter still (mom, moonshard, mael, mkb, yadayada) but it really doesn't play to the hero's current strength, and is especially unfitting for an offlane void.

Thanks.

The game with Vanguard + Heart was a hell, not because of my lane but because of the mid lane asking for help (Riki vs Tinker...), and all the nukes with a few stuns. I am not even talking about the NP rushing Aghs, Riki battlefury, maelstorm on everyone. There was just nothing to farm or nothing to do.

What's precisely the problem? I figure you're getting zoned too hard? I just looked at your games again and you don't have poor mans shield, which is pretty much essential. If you get pms a single support usually cannot zone you out, especially not via rightclicks.

What I'm abusing heavily in offlane is running into the trees and just juking around constantly. That way you can stay near the creep wave and get xp (especially getting to level 2 is often very important) and if the carry helps chasing you that means he's missing out on lasthits, too. If you're constantly juking around trees and have a pms or at least stout shield, you should be very hard to kill and have an easy time soaking up xp, too.

Not getting PMS was because of some greedy mindset due to previous easy games.

if you lost your lane and cant really stay there anymore then you can get a talon and farm the offlane camp. if the creeps reach your tower go back to lane soak exp and lh then go back to the camp.

Yeah, I think this is what I should have done. A la Universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom