• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

inkls

i said it being the ONLY relevant lane...those patches were aids for anybody else. it's more fun for non-mid players.

Thats weird how is mid even less relevant now? Supports still gank mid as much as they used to, carries still carry the game, offlaners still die in the offlane, how are the other lanes somewhat more relevant? Esp with the current mid pool.

You keep saying mid used to be the only relevant lane and now other lanes are relevant, but what does that even mean? What examples do you have of that?

inkls

SoBayed.png

> plays necro

> calls necro support

SeemsGood

I got reported for Mid Necro one game, true story.

Kappa.png

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Thats weird how is mid even less relevant now? Supports still gank mid as much as they used to, carries still carry the game, offlaners still die in the offlane, how are the other lanes somewhat more relevant? Esp with the current mid pool.

excuse me but OD is less picked now than, say, storm spirit was at the height of 6.84 (17% vs 20% as per this analysis), and storm spirit was not iirc even the most picked mid hero in that meta.

[edit] apparently as AIDSy as leshrac was he wasn't the most picked mid in 6.84, so idk who was.

Russ T

Banned
not that i have a horse in this race or care either way, but the irony was too delicious to let fly... manchildren topkek

i truly feel offended that ur using this insensitive gender-specific slur and nonchalantly blanketing many internet denizens with it, truly inappropriate russ T i am very disapoint my friend i thot u were above this u kno, one of the non-humanchildren (just children i guess, we've come full circle???) crowd

lmao i don't think you know what "irony" means

you obviously do care or you wouldn't be whining poor boker poor poor boker )':

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
yes and when its not OD its invoker. Still haven't answered my other question

i was rihplying to your accusatioN that this mid meta is somehow unbearable because OD is everywhere when he's less everywhere than other broken mid heroes were in previous patches.

to answer your other question, although on close material analysis it appears to be composed of roughly 90% fumes, the demise of ubermids has imo shifted the focus to safelaners and given a role to junglers, that portion of the hero pool that was rendered burdensome in the meta where winning mid wasn't even important when it was expected that you would just catch up in the jungle.

but then again i don't play mid...so maybe this patch is worse for mid players, but for the other positions that i do play i am enjoying it more.

the worst is when I just finish greaves on esatchma and the dark queer who's been silent all damn game pings "486 gold to finish mekansm" or w/e

like....

marrec

Banned
the worst is when I just finish greaves on esatchma and the dark queer who's been silent all damn game pings "486 gold to finish mekansm" or w/e

like....

Dark Seer in an Enigma game should be jumping for fucking joy that they don't have to spend all their gold on GG boots... probably just following the suggested items.

Also, I'm really fucking proud that I was able to decipher the names in your post.

also despite that my winrate with enigma rihmains 100%, when will lesser trash heroes be as good to auntie moblin?

my holes remain the peak >>>>>

and yes I know.

inkls

i was rihplying to your accusatioN that this mid meta is somehow unbearable because OD is everywhere when he's less everywhere than other broken mid heroes were in previous patches.

to answer your other question, although on close material analysis it appears to be composed of roughly 90% fumes, the demise of ubermids has imo shifted the focus to safelaners and given a role to junglers, that portion of the hero pool that was rendered burdensome in the meta where winning mid wasn't even important when it was expected that you would just catch up in the jungle.

but then again i don't play mid...so maybe this patch is worse for mid players, but for the other positions that i do play i am enjoying it more.

huh? Mid isn't unbearable because OD is everywhere, its unbearable because OD is a viable mid.

How are safelaners more focused now? Because we have more strenght carries?

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
huh? Mid isn't unbearable because OD is everywhere, its unbearable because OD is a viable mid.

How are safelaners more focused now? Because we have more strenght carries?

the safelane is just more relevant than it was when the midlane was the position 1...how could it not be?

like....

"Hey dark seer/team i am building mek and greaves, pls build pipe or blink instead"
Ds buys mek by default so he doesn't have to say he will get it

true, i like veno and necro

viper sometimes he just 2ez and falls off like a rock

hm do you have some sort of news weekly or other subscription service I can make monthly payments toward

the next veno buff will make her very powerful, moblin and his 75% winrate with her can't wait

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
inkls is just in the rage phase of coping with his fave being nerfed, lashing out at everything and accusing it of being cancer. soon he'll pen a homerian epic about how tremendously op bradwarden is and get it all out of his system and then he can move on to the next phase which is begging for buffs in every patch.

so you're not refuting it huh
cocky.gif

Storm Spirit is the shittest mage in the game.

And he should stay that way cause fuck playing about the most oppressive, unfun bullshit the game has ever offered. Motherfucking invoker -- with 10x more tools in his bag that he should have -- is less aids to play against that Storm Spirit, who not only has a strong CC skill (stun + displacement? pls.), but one of the strongest movement skills in the game as well as a stupid amount of both sustained (in late game) and burst (throughout the game).

Hate him. Shit hero, shit design.

Something like troll is no where near as bad, especially since a simple bash CD or a "Bash every X attacks" mechanic would have totally solved every issue with troll's power.

inkls

inkls is just in the rage phase of coping with his fave being nerfed, lashing out at everything and accusing it of being cancer. soon he'll pen a homerian epic about how tremendously op bradwarden is and get it all out of his system and then he can move on to the next phase which is begging for buffs in every patch.

nah, just in the phase where I give up on any form of intelligent balance discussion since clearly people didn't care about those and instead patiently wait for heroes to be gutted so I can simply say I don't care
smile.gif

Then perhaps after people have felt how it feels we'll have a decent balance discussion.

but don't bother with that. Just type
salty.gif

haha

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
goodbye POE, go fuck yourself

selling a bunch of CoC discharge items cheaper than poe trade if anyone plays that shit game

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
nah, just in the phase where I give up on any form of intelligent balance discussion since clearly people didn't care about those and instead patiently wait for heroes to be gutted so I can simply say I don't care
smile.gif
Hmm but are you referring to me? I gave you quite a detailed explanation of why I don't like storm spirit and what I would like to see changed about him if he gets buffed? Or does any suggestion besides 'leave him exactly the same but make him better' count as unintelligent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom