• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT13| 6.86, our Pit Lord and savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is bad. I have never seen it win.

Interestingly, I played a Single Draft game yesterday with a GAFer I think and we drafted 5 cores and stomped the perfectly balanced enemy team in like 30 minutes. Dota makes no sense way too often.

I'm convinced this patch caters to pubstyle 5 core bullshit way more than it should

I'm convinced this patch caters to pubstyle 5 core bullshit way more than it should

I haven't checked the stats but I feel differently about it. Early game and laning seems to be very important, drums and mek are really good and early pushing works kinda well. The enemy team yesterday lost because our team composition (2x4k, 3x2k) was probably a little too varied for the matchmaking which is why they matched us with like low 3ks or something that we just steamrolled. These players were atrocious.

idk, they buffed diffusal and drums before despite both being strong where they were imo

diffusal if anything will be nerfed but drums? I could see a bump somewhere

edit: atos damage would be funny as hell, nobody would buy it still but pro games would instantly be a lot more entertaining

I was certain you were making fun actually. Drums are an excellent item due to easy build up and so forth (basically all the upsides they always had, no need to go over them as nothing other than an additonal charge changed) and a meta that favours them again as it's pretty mid game oriented.

im not gonna drag shrugginganus when he (?) can't defend him(?)self but I've always liked drums, the extra charge buff was strange to me

I thought the 0 cd buff to diffusal was insane but.... here we are

I want a sange buff tbh... or halberd maim chance to 18%.

I support power creep.

Don't think it aged "horribly" as the 3DS version is still fun. I feel like TP was very freaking similar and I remember enjoying it back in 2006 a lot. Probably my favourite 3D Zelda.

Russ T

Banned
it can still be fun even though it's clearly a product of its time, nobody's saying it's a pile of hot trash or anything (or, well, i'm not at least)

it's just that literally every other 3d zelda is better than it

kionedrik

Drums could get a cost increase to 2k (from the ~1k8 it now costs) and it wouldn't set the world on fire.

What I'd really like to see is some Force Staff love and for the love of all that's holy move Ultimate Orb back to the normal shop...

A lot of mid 90s stuff aged pretty badly I feel. Perhaps my perception is selective but quite a few movies, songs and games from the mid 90s that I enjoyed back then don't really hold up too well. Although I guess there were great movies like Pulp Fiction, terrific timeless games like Terranigma and some good songs I can't come up with off the top of my head as well. Maybe it's really the combination of being from the early 3D era + mid 90s, both of which I think are unfavourable circumstances for a product to age with dignity.

A lot of us were kids or adolescents in the 90s (as was I) and I guess the fascination most of us held back at that age is hard to replicate.

OoT is certainly not among the worst or worse aging games of that time though. FF7 is in a worse condition really.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Out of every decade post WW2 the 90's are probably the least interesting.

kvk1

tell you what, the suits seemed a lot more comfortable in the 90s

Fq3PrZU.png

these days everything is fitted to the balls

i gotta look like i'm in MI6 running down to the store to get some milk

it's too much

kionedrik

Out of every decade post WW2 the 90's are probably the least interesting.

Disagree. We're still too close to it to have a clear idea of its influence but the 90's were the only time in recent history where the whole society wasn't a homogeneous blob. Just look at what music, movies, tv shows, etc were popular during that decade.
A lot of it has to do with the fact that there weren't any big wars or geopolitical changes, political correctness hadn't been invented and people weren't being constantly hit by fear mongering propaganda like we do nowadays (especially after 9/11).

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Disagree. We're still too close to it to have a clear idea of its influence but the 90's were the only time in recent history where the whole society wasn't a homogeneous blob. Just look at what music, movies, tv shows, etc were popular during that decade.
A lot of it has to do with the fact that there weren't any big wars or geopolitical changes, political correctness hadn't been invented and people weren't being constantly hit by fear mongering propaganda like we do nowadays (especially after 9/11).

political correctness had been invented............why do you think that the USS Enterprise had a female counselor on the bridge?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Millennials invented political correctness dontcher know.

kionedrik

One of the world's two superpowers collapsed in the 90s....

I miss the Tetris era :( A tetris block would make a pretty slay hero tbh

I thought about it as I typed and while being true that the USSR ended in the 90s their collapse happened in the 80s and their influence in the 90s is almost unnoticeable (apart from that whole eastern european region).

political correctness had been invented............why do you think that the USS Enterprise had a female counselor on the bridge?

Because she was hot?
by 70s standards

kvk1

A lot of it has to do with the fact that there weren't any big wars or geopolitical changes

Respectfully, if you don't think big wars/geopolitical changes weren't taking place in the 90s, you haven't been reading into the complete history of the world.

See: the Balkans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom