• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.
So apparently, according to someone on Reddit who plays the JPN version, TEQ Vegeta is one of the worst SSR in the entire game. It figures it's the only SSR I have. :/

My luck with gatcha games continue to be abysmal. I'm not re-rolling, since I could always get another SSR later on [who am I kidding], but still. Feels bad. :/
Meh, at least you got your SSR for free. :)

chrono01

Well at least you have a SSR! I know you worked for it with re-rolls but it's better luck than me. I've re-rolled 50 times today (100 packs opened) and not a single SSR haha.

Anyway, I'm sure you'll pull another SSR in the near future. It'll probably be another TEQ Vegeta though :p

Meh, at least you got your SSR for free. :)
Yeah, I spent something like 10 hours re-rolling for this SSR. Honestly, the thought of doing it again makes me nauseous, so I'm just going to continue and believe that TEQ Vegeta is the best thing in the game [even though he clearly isn't].

Oh well, it's not as though the rankings aren't constantly changing. Hell, it's possible that they'll later re-work/add more evolutions to past cards making TEQ Vegeta the best in the game! I know, that's an incredibly naïve way of looking at it, but it gives me hope.

That's the thing with gatcha games. The current "best" is always outdated with later units. Well, not "always", but more often than not. I'm just going to continue saving my Dragon Stones for a rate-up event and hope for the best.

Uthred

So apparently, according to someone on Reddit who plays the JPN version, TEQ Vegeta is one of the worst SSR in the entire game. It figures it's the only SSR I have. :/

My luck with gatcha games continue to be abysmal. I'm not re-rolling, since I could always get another SSR later on [who am I kidding], but still. Feels bad. :/

Read this tidbit on reddit. Looks like it's a good thing I didn't reroll.

This list disagree's http://gamy.jp/dbz-dokkan/ドラゴンボールZ ドッカンバトル最新リセマラ当たりランキング

TEQ Vegeta has superior stats to PHY Vegeta, his leader skill seems pretty good, not sure about his passive but it doesnt seem terrible. I wouldnt be too swayed (either way) by one random opinion, especially one where the reasoning seems a little all over the place (e.g. PHY Vegeta is great because of his defensive passive but Piccolo isnt because defense doesnt matter?)

chrono01

TEQ Vegeta has superior stats to PHY Vegeta, his leader skill seems pretty good, not sure about his passive but it doesnt seem terrible. I wouldnt be too swayed (either way) by one random opinion, especially one where the reasoning seems a little all over the place (e.g. PHY Vegeta is great because of his defensive passive but Piccolo isnt because defense doesnt matter?)
That list pretty much confirms it, since it ranks TEQ Vegeta at #28 out of 30. The only two that follow him are PHY Vegeta and AGL Goku. In comparison, it also ranks STR Goku at #22 and INT Teen Gohan at #20.

But you're completely right, it is his opinion. I'm not going to stress too much over it and just enjoy the game. That God Goku though!

Uthred

That list pretty much confirms it, since it ranks TEQ Vegeta at #28 out of 30. The only two that follow him are PHY Vegeta and AGL Goku. In comparison, it also ranks STR Goku at #22 and INT Teen Gohan at #20.

But you're completely right, it is his opinion. I'm not going to stress too much over it and just enjoy the game. That God Goku though!

28 out of 30 isnt the shittiest, its just circling the bowl ;) But yeah, some of the later units are nuts, I do think, given the subject matter, that its sort of a missed opportunity that you cant "evolve" cards into their higher level forms as opposed to having unique entries for each

BrunoM

You have to download Root Browser. Once you've done that, complete the tutorial after you beat Mr Satan and then close the app when the sign "Download Complete" comes up. Go to Root Browser, go into data and find the com.bandai... folder, go into share_pref folder and then copy the Coco file to anywhere that isn't in that com.bandai... folder.

Now you've done that, open the game and open your pack(s). If you don't like them and want to reroll, close the application. Go to Root Browser back into the com.bandai... folder and delete the Coco file in there. Now copy and paste the old Coco file that you had placed outside the com.bandai... folder back into the share_pref folder. Finally, delete the .com folder found in the "file" folder. After doing all that, the game will have reset to the point after the tutorial and you can reroll to your hearts content.
Weird I followed your steps ..

Got the app played the game up to the downloaded got out of it went into the app went to sdcard then android then data weird is every game I have is in there and program minus the the banday or anything to do with dragon ball ....

What step I'm I doing wrong ?

That guy said TEC SSR Vegeta is the worst and that list says TEC SSR Vegeta is the second worst, unless I'm reading it wrong, it doesn't seem to be that much of a disagreement. I think the biggest thing to takeaway is that none of the current SSRs are that game-changing in the long run and that rerolling a million times for one is probably not the best use of time. And conversely all SSRs at this stage are probably great units worth using if you get one.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
28 out of 30 isnt the shittiest, its just circling the bowl ;) But yeah, some of the later units are nuts, I do think, given the subject matter, that its sort of a missed opportunity that you cant "evolve" cards into their higher level forms as opposed to having unique entries for each
That's missed money though.

chrono01

Yeah, it does clutter the pool somewhat with all of the various forms. It would also be nice seeing some variations in each Super [and not just being straight damage], as well as maybe changes in-between Awakening, where Leader Abilities become stronger/different when compared to their base forms.

But I guess they needed more characters to add to the gatcha pool, so I can't really fault them for releasing each form as a separate card. It's a business, after all!

Skii

Weird I followed your steps ..

Got the app played the game up to the downloaded got out of it went into the app went to sdcard then android then data weird is every game I have is in there and program minus the the banday or anything to do with dragon ball ....

What step I'm I doing wrong ?

Are you using Root Browser? I don't think a normal file manager can find it.

Basically in Root Browser, it goes like this: data > data > com.bandai... > shared_prefs

There's no sd card folder.

Yaari

Yeah, it does clutter the pool somewhat with all of the various forms. It would also be nice seeing some variations in each Super [and not just being straight damage], as well as maybe changes in-between Awakening, where Leader Abilities become stronger/different when compared to their base forms.

But I guess they needed more characters to add to the gatcha pool, so I can't really fault them for releasing each form as a separate card. It's a business, after all!

Yeah just like PAD, they'll never stop making better characters.

I might just wait til the game progressed a bit. I hardly went through my stamina the past few days. I'm playing too much Dragon Blaze.

BrunoM

Are you using Root Browser? I don't think a normal file manager can find it.

Basically in Root Browser, it goes like this: data > data > com.bandai... > shared_prefs

There's no sd card folder.
I think so ..
I went into the store looked up root browser and downloaded the one with the name icon is a black folder with android and eye patch ..

Will look again see if I find another one

Uthred

That guy said TEC SSR Vegeta is the worst and that list says TEC SSR Vegeta is the second worst, unless I'm reading it wrong, it doesn't seem to be that much of a disagreement. I think the biggest thing to takeaway is that none of the current SSRs are that game-changing in the long run and that rerolling a million times for one is probably not the best use of time. And conversely all SSRs at this stage are probably great units worth using if you get one.

You are, it say's he's the third worst, a critical difference I'm sure you'll agree ;)

That's missed money though.

That's true, though it seems to work out for mobile games like Dragon Blaze

Skii

I think so ..
I went into the store looked up root browser and downloaded the one with the name icon is a black folder with android and eye patch ..

Will look again see if I find another one

Are you definitely using it on Bluestacks? If it's on your phone, it has to be rooted. If you are doing everything as I said, maybe delete the DBZ app and redownload?

BrunoM

Are you definitely using it on Bluestacks? If it's on your phone, it has to be rooted. If you are doing everything as I said, maybe delete the DBZ app and redownload?
Yeah doing all as you say ... Going to try again soon lol needed a break haha

Aiii

So not worth it
You know, I really love this game, it's fun to play, addictive to continue for long sessions, but it's also one of those terrible examples of this:
b1fiu0qpdk7d0khhd1pb.gif

Honestly, once you complete all the quests on Normal, finish almost all of them on Hard as well, Dragon Stone's become a very precious commodity. It takes five to summon and if you want Teen Gohan or something, you'll use them on that. Which means you wont have any to use for Stamina. And guess what, if you don't have Dragon Stones, that means you can't play the game for any extended amount of time, because at rank 32, you have 40 stamina. You run out within 3 or 4 quests on Hard. Replenishing Stamina at 1 per 5 minutes takes forever, so guess what player, fuck you. Buy more Dragon Stones.

Well I'm not doing that. You could, of course, play quests on Normal and get a few more out of them, but that means less experience and rank points, and once you're at that level, the game is way too easy on Normal, so it's not fun anymore. You could collect Dragon Balls, and once you get all seven you can get 10 Dragon Stones as a wish, but then that wish is gone so it's a one time deal.

So you can't get new (S)SR characters, if you keep your Dragon Stones to replenish Stamina, or you can get new characters, but also not play the game for any extended amount of time. Unless, of course, you buy Dragon Stones, but after buying a few because "hey, this game is pretty great, I'll support it by buying some Stones" it's really not an option anymore. I'm too old and smart to waste that much money.

Fucking Freemium model to perfection. I fucking hate it.

And the thing is, that I'd gladly pay 12 Euro to remove the Stamina bar from the game, or 4 to 6 Euro to greatly increase the Stamina replenishment., I get that a Free game gets more players and as such earns more money than a paid game for 6 to 12 Euro, but at the very least make one of the pay-options a pay-to-play instead of a pay-to-win option. Because ffs, once a game starts making you hate it for not letting you play it, you're losing out.

So yeah, end of rant, fuck you Namco Bandai.

You run out quickly if you do a lot of FP pulls to try and Z-awaken fodder to feed to your better cards.

I don't do that much. It's only 3 of 2 awakening medal per awaking fodders. I have over 100+ for all 3. The way I'll run out fast is awakening SSR cards for the first 2 upgrade. That's 50+.

Uthred

So you can't get new (S)SR characters, if you keep your Dragon Stones to replenish Stamina, or you can get new characters, but also not play the game for any extended amount of time. Unless, of course, you buy Dragon Stones, but after buying a few because "hey, this game is pretty great, I'll support it by buying some Stones" it's really not an option anymore. I'm too old and smart to waste that much money.

Fucking Freemium model to perfection. I fucking hate it.

I agree the freemium model can be annoying, though the game hardly hides what its about. Just on the matter of stamina, these games arent really designed to be played for an extended amount of time and in nearly every game of this type spending premium currency on stamina refills is generally the worst way to spend it (special events aside). So gacha pulls arent really competing with stamina refills for dragon stone expenditure. It's also probably too early to make any categorical statements about the game long term, some more popular freemium games e.g. One Piece Treasure Cruise have a basically never ending supply (albeit a trickle) of premium currency, this game could operate on a similar model.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Your problem is that you want to blow through the game and that spending money on the game is both a waste and dumb. If you introduce you "pay-to-play" model, it inherently is still a pay-to-win unless you want to remove all the social aspects/cut off contact from free users.

marrec

Banned
Woah, SR Android 18's Str version is fantastic. Her passive skill scales so it's already better than Frieza's and it doesn't require any positioning.

Way better than her laughable Agi version.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
So I am running an alt on Droid4x just to see if I can get lucky and get a SSJ goku on a 50 stone summon (10 SR or SSR characters). After the first raditz story mission, I got an error "Verification failed. Returning to title screen".

Any idea on how to fix this?

I feel like i've been overthinking training. I fed a bunch of level 1 N's to each other, and then the final bloated N to a level 1 R. Fed said rare to my new SR piccolo and he leapt to 18, If i'd fed piccolo to my starter SR, he's be 30 from 9... So much cannibalism is on the horizon.

BrunoM

Hard. My team is high enough to steamroll it so i figured why not. But lol my luck.
Been trying on hard to but my team is not at that level o probably got a 50% win/loss .. But figured 50% on hard better than 100% on normal ..

But my luck won't like some here lol sucks mine

Delio

Been trying on hard to but my team is not at that level o probably got a 50% win/loss .. But figured 50% on hard better than 100% on normal ..

But my luck won't like some here lol sucks mine

Honestly I kind of wonder why im trying. Cause I may end up just rerolling later when the good Gohan is out and i'd just lose all the progress i had now XD

BrunoM

Honestly I kind of wonder why im trying. Cause I may end up just rerolling later when the good Gohan is out and i'd just lose all the progress i had now XD
If that's your idea I guess you do have a point ..

I been reroling on my laptop while I'm playing my main but even tho I'm rerolling I don't feel like giving my account up ..
Don't have a single SSR just one SR Goku and an R team

Kettch

Most rare character passives are pretty bad from what I've seen, but I picked up STR Videl and she's surprisingly good. +700 atk to all TEQ and STR characters.

RoySFNR

This game is trolling me. Just got a normal R caped piccolo on two devices at the same time ;_;

How many times have you guys been rolling aprox. for the big guns?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom