• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cruxist

Still no Mecha Frieza. But I did some training and awakening to get my android 20 maxed out and an SR. Maybe he'll help me grind this stupid strike easier.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Are all SRs better than Rs? Or are some characters so good that their R can outshine an SR? My starter, an SR Nappa might be my worst character. I did my first multi pull and got a red SR Jeice but at lvl 17 his stats are atrocious compared to my lvl 39 red R Vegeta from the event. I'm wondering if it's even worth putting Jeice into the rotation, whether he'll even eventually scale properly as he levels into the 30s. Is there a site that shows what their max stats are?

Durden77

Are all SRs better than Rs? Or are some characters so good that their R can outshine an SR? My starter, an SR Nappa might be my worst character. I did my first multi pull and got a red SR Jeice but at lvl 17 his stats are atrocious compared to my lvl 39 red R Vegeta from the event. I'm wondering if it's even worth putting Jeice into the rotation, whether he'll even eventually scale properly as he levels into the 30s. Is there a site that shows what their max stats are?

Is your SR Nappa PHY? Cause I have that one too at level 51 and yeah, he just kind of sucks. He does a lot of damage at 100% but that's about it. My R #18 was so much better even before she was awakened.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Is your SR Nappa PHY? Cause I have that one too at level 51 and yeah, he just kind of sucks. He does a lot of damage at 100% but that's about it. My R #18 was so much better even before she was awakened.

I have literally that same setup going on. 18 completely outshines him.

GKFinns

Could someone explain the concept of a reroll to me? Is it Android only or is this something an iPhone 6 could do? I see it constantly referred to but just am not sure what it means/entails.

Arrrammis

Could someone explain the concept of a reroll to me? Is it Android only or is this something an iPhone 6 could do? I see it constantly referred to but just am not sure what it means/entails.
Basically, wipe the app data and start completely over (reinstall, go through the tutorial again), then use the dragonballs you get at the start to try and get a starting card that you want. Android is just the easiest because you can access the files and skip the tutorial.

GKFinns

Basically, wipe the app data and start completely over (reinstall, go through the tutorial again), then use the dragonballs you get at the start to try and get a starting card that you want. Android is just the easiest because you can access the files and skip the tutorial.

Ah thank you! Damn. I've invested too much time to do that I guess. Would've been cool to start with an SSR though. That never ending tutorial would certainly be annoying.

Cromat

Is it me or are the Dr. Gero Awakening medals the most supply-constrained ones? You need toms of them for training fodder and awakenings, I never have enough.

Aiii

So not worth it
mobile.492lsxw.jpg

It's 3AM, last run of the night too, yay.

Aiii

So not worth it
Hard. Z-Hard is impossible unless you have a near-full PHY team. He Death Beams any non-PHY for over 40k damage and has two adds. Impossible to beat.

Lord Phol

A full day of Frieza hard runs, probably at like 30 or more total, no drop. This game really knows how to rng, sucks for my OCD behaviour.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

I believe the PHY chars are more defense heavy.

I rolled the multiroll today.............. :mad:

I got 3 SRs and 7 Rs, the issue is that 2 of the SRs are both Android 16! SwiftRage!

While the last SR was Form 2 Frieza. Another issue is that all 3 are STR while I already have Frieza First Form and Vegeta STR, very annoying imbalance on my team.

I wouldn't have minded the double STR if I got some other type of SR for my 3rd one but noooooooooo, it just had to be #16 AGAIN!

;_; Pretty salty about it since I worked so hard to get all 50 stones from missions and see it not work out in a good way. Stupid RNG. I should have just attempted 10 pulls individually.

Permanently A

I rolled the multiroll today.............. :mad:

I got 3 SRs and 7 Rs, the issue is that 2 of the SRs are both Android 16! SwiftRage!

While the last SR was Form 2 Frieza. Another issue is that all 3 are STR while I already have Frieza First Form and Vegeta STR, very annoying imbalance on my team.

I wouldn't have minded the double STR if I got some other type of SR for my 3rd one but noooooooooo, it just had to be #16 AGAIN!

;_; Pretty salty about it since I worked so hard to get all 50 stones from missions and see it not work out in a good way. Stupid RNG. I should have just attempted 10 pulls individually.

That sucks dude... at least you'll have a good time farming the next strike event who'll be PHY!

5 Tries and no luck yet. But it will be mine. Oh yes, it will be mine.

Tough choosing bet www stamina for mecha or for more vegetas to power up my super

Durden77

I have literally that same setup going on. 18 completely outshines him.

Haha wow. Yeah so I dunno. I'm still leveling him because he's my only natural SR PHY unit,but I'm confused why his stats suck so bad compared to R's as well. Hardly seems worth awakening.

I believe the PHY chars are more defense heavy.

Seems that way, but the #18 we're talking about is also PHY, and she has far better offensive AND defensive stats than SR PHY Nappa.

Are Mecha Freeza's 2 assistants in Z-hard also INT?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Haha wow. Yeah so I dunno. I'm still leveling him because he's my only natural SR PHY unit,but I'm confused why his stats suck so bad compared to R's as well. Hardly seems worth awakening.

Are Mecha Freeza's 2 assistants in Z-hard also INT?
IIRC, they are random typed.

Durden77

IIRC, they are random typed.

Well that's just fucked. Think I'm gonna try a Z-hard run in a bit. My team is...

Super PHY R Krillin (lvl. 44)
Super PHY R #18 (lvl. 53)
Super PHY R #19 (lvl. 43)
Super PHY R #17 (lvl. 40)
PHY SR Nappa (lvl. 52)
Super AGL SSR Goku (lvl. 63)

Think I stand a chance?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Well that's just fucked. Think I'm gonna try a Z-hard run in a bit. My team is...

Super PHY R Krillin (lvl. 44)
Super PHY R #18 (lvl. 53)
Super PHY R #19 (lvl. 43)
Super PHY R #17 (lvl. 40)
PHY SR Nappa (lvl. 52)
Super AGL SSR Goku (lvl. 63)

Think I stand a chance?
Without stoning? 0%

Lord Phol

Woke up,first mecha Frieza try of the day and he drops, finally I can do something else in this game, bless thy rng gods u tricky bastards!

chrono01

Woke up,first mecha Frieza try of the day and he drops, finally I can do something else in this game, bless thy rng gods u tricky bastards!
I wish I could say yes, but you're going to want to farm 20 of them total, so you can level each to Super Level 10, evolve one of them to Golden Frieza, and have both in your team. Doing so essentially guarantees both being able to unleash their Super each time they're up, regardless of orbs. They do insane damage.

But yeah, might not be feasible for many of us right now, since the drop on Hard is so low and Z-Hard is so difficult to reliably farm [for many of us, anyway]. I'm hoping to get one more, for a total of two, so I can at least level them.

Oh! Once you evolve/awaken to Golden Frieza the only way to level the Super is to fuse more Golden Frieza into it. So you'll definitely want to max out the Super before you awaken.

Lord Phol

I wish I could say yes, but you're going to want to farm 20 of them total, so you can level each to Super Level 10, evolve one of them to Golden Frieza, and have both in your team. Doing so essentially guarantees both being able to unleash their Super each time they're up, regardless of orbs. They do insane damage.

But yeah, might not be feasible for many of us right now, since the drop on Hard is so low and Z-Hard is so difficult to reliably farm [for many of us, anyway]. I'm hoping to get one more, for a total of two, so I can at least level them.

Oh! Once you evolve/awaken to Golden Frieza the only way to level the Super is to fuse more Golden Frieza into it. So you'll definitely want to max out the Super before you awaken.

:'(, I was happy for that one minute. It does sound crazy op but I rather wait for when the event returns and I might be able to beat him on z-hard. Farming on hard feels just feels like you're throwing away ur stamina.

chrono01

:'(, I was happy for that one minute. It does sound crazy op but I think it will have to wait for an eventual return of the event >>. Perhaps then I will be able to do him on z-hard. Farming on hard feels like ur just throwing away ur stamina.
Haha, sorry. I didn't mean to deflate your excitement. You should be totally happy, it's still an accomplishment!

But yeah, I wouldn't worry too much about farming him this time. When he returns, we should have better teams more capable to do Z-Hard. It's just not worth it right now, unless you got lucky with the gatcha and have powerful units already.

Permanently A

Hmm, so I got 3 SR Frieza today. This is after farming about 20 runs each day since the event started, so 2 Frieza over ~60 runs. Which actually matches up if its a 5% chance as suspected. I was planning to get 20 like everyone else but that clearly isn't happening. All I can hope for is to get 8 more over the next three days so I can have 1 with maxed super for Golden Frieza and 1 to just keep.

Yay!

D6Fg7TPl.jpg

Just need to Z-Awaken my Cyborg Tao next to have SSRs in all my single attribute teams. :3

haha Yeah I'm on the same boat, I fused my Nappa into 18 for the exp. I was think now its a bad idea but seeing as 18 is superior I'm happy :D
Oh man. XD

SRs will tend to get outclassed by the Rs in general because of how their late bloomers in stats, but they generally have better actives and passives. And when you Z-Awaken them, the difference becomes super apparent. The new R AGI Krillin seems to be an outlier as its passive is way good with the defense bump.

I had the same issue with my SR PHY Vegeta doing less damage than my Z-Awakened R > SR PHY units. Right after I made Vegeta SSR, his damage output shot up way above. But yeah, Z awakened R units are definitely amazingly useful in the beginning in comparison to most higher class cards, with few obvious exceptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom