• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

E the Shaggy

Is there a guide on the proper way to level up characters? Is it just use items that are the same color?

How do you upgrade the special attacks?

MiguelItUp

It's a game based around collecting characters from the most iconic show of your childhood. It's a recipe for success.

Oh, totally. It's just one of those situations where if someone asked me if I would be interested in a situation like this, I'd probably respond with "Sure!" But I never would've expected it to get to this point. :eek:

Also, I really can't wait for more characters. I want Perfect Cell so bad!

linkent

Is there a guide on the proper way to level up characters? Is it just use items that are the same color?

Same color has bonus exp so definitely do so.
Those fodder "N" level character, just choose 1 that match the color you wanted to level up, use them in the easy battle or use the training item to max their level 20.
Z-Awakened them and feed it to your main that you want to level up.
Train STR N to level 20 -> ZAwake to STR R*
Train SSR STR Goku by using thay STR*
Goku will get 45k exp.

To upgrade special, you need to train the character using the same character.
Mecha Frieza + Mecha Frieza = level 2 special Mecha Frieza.
Max skills are level 10(so you need 10 Mecha)

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I was SO excited when I read that! Why do I love this game so much?! Why am I so addicted?! I've never felt this way with a mobile game. I mean, I'm sure the fact that it's DBZ is most likely the reason, but seriously.

I'd like to think that's the only reason why I'm playing it not like it's a phone game distraction but instead like it's a full-fledged game I'm addicted to.

But between collecting characters, upgrading characters, thinking out board movements as well as strategizing character placement and orb selection in combat...it manages to scratch a Pokemon-on-mobile itch. I think if the characters were generic and the gameplay the same I would still enjoy it. But...ya, it being cartoon characters from my childhood helps boost interest a ton.

Lagamorph

My current team,

dslI3nH.jpg

Still get my arse handed to me on Z-Hard

Alright I have a bunch of spare SSR accounts from rerolling to get SSR Freeza. It's important to note that 1) There is no SR because I skipped the tutorial and 2) There's one stone on the account and you'll lose it if you have ios 3) uhh in the midst of saving one of the Gohan's for myself I kind of messed up and used the wrong account and also accepted the gifts so you'd be missing out on more dragon stones if you have ios, because of this, if you want Gohan tell me which OS you use.

I guess quote this post telling me what you want, I'll pm you and update this post. If you want a Gohan tell me which OS you use. Also one per poster

1-2-3 Xenoverse PHY Trunks
1-2 SSJ2 INT Gohan
1-2 SSJ PHY Vegeta
1 SSJ TEC Vegeta

That's right I pulled 3 Xenoverse Trunks. That's right it sucked

I'll take a phy Trunks if there's any available!

Man, there are people on my friends list that are totally inactive. We're talking 13-20 days of not even playing lol.

Wonder if I should do a purge and add some more active people from here. Even more important, who actually has room on the friend list? =|

Skii

Man, there are people on my friends list that are totally inactive. We're talking 13-20 days of not even playing lol.

Wonder if I should do a purge and add some more active people from here. Even more important, who actually has room on the friend list? =|

I make a purge everytime a new set of characters come out :/

Tbf, there are always people who just aren't playing regularly or are just way too underleveled compared to me. I do try and keep the GAF members if I remember their username haha.

I was SO excited when I read that! Why do I love this game so much?! Why am I so addicted?! I've never felt this way with a mobile game. I mean, I'm sure the fact that it's DBZ is most likely the reason, but seriously.

yeah this has replaced puzzle and dragons for me. much more fun to play and watch the action on screen.

hopefully they use the profits to add new animation sets and stuff during combat and add new super attacks and such like that.

just hope they are more involved then the P&D group who made like 6 billion off the game and you still hear the same level music and see the same animations. its like come on, you can't afford to add some new animations and moves and such? Or add some new music? Come on!

look forward to what they add in these updates.

Durden77

So I pulled two SRs in a row on single summons (#16 and Second Form Freeza). That put me at 51 dragon stones. And I said you know what, FUCK IT. I'M FEELING LUCKY. LET'S DO THIS.

hT9YRmx.jpg

Uggggggghhhh..... I wish they were at least characters I LIKED.....

Skii

So I pulled two SRs in a row on single summons (#16 and Second Form Freeza). That put me at 51 dragon stones. And I said you know what, FUCK IT. I'M FEELING LUCKY. LET'S DO THIS.

hT9YRmx.jpg

You have Gohan and Android 16 there. They together make one of the greatest scenes in all of DBZ!

Mine was worse, I ended up with SR Mr. Satan lol.

Arrrammis

hT9YRmx.jpg

Well, that Android 18 is one of my strongest ATM, plus you have two other androids to link there... Not bad overall

Durden77

You have Gohan and Android 16 there. They together make one of the greatest scenes in all of DBZ!

Mine was worse, I ended up with SR Mr. Satan lol.

Well, that Android 18 is one of my strongest ATM, plus you have two other androids to link there... Not bad overall

That #18 is great but I already have her, so she's just more super attack fodder. Already have that #19 and I don't even like him. I JUST got a SR STR #16 that I was going to focus on, so these two PHY ones don't do much for me. And AGL is the class I already have the most SRs in.

Pretty garbage pull for me at least. At least I got Piccolo...

I make a purge everytime a new set of characters come out :/

Tbf, there are always people who just aren't playing regularly or are just way too underleveled compared to me. I do try and keep the GAF members if I remember their username haha.

Yeah, I don't mind the irregular players, there are some people who do pretty good for how little they play lol. Some people I think are just totally absent so I'm probably gonna delete them and replace them with someone else's cool SSR unit or something.

I think some person put in an R Cell Jr at lvl 1 and it was annoying having it pop up.

You know your luck has run out when Yajirobe appears from a dragon stone roll, heh.

Aurizen

Been looking at this game on reddit and it seems people who rerolled may be banned? I hope that isn't true, I only rerolled for a SR goku lol.

Durden77

Does anyone know of they've ever done dragon stone discounts in the JPN version? I really like this game so I'd be willing to spend a few bucks, but the prices are just absurd. I could get the entirety of Xenoverse's DLC for LESS than the price of ONE multipull in this game. That's fucking nuts.

Aiii

So not worth it
Where do I farm Supreme Kai, Jap website says 8-5 on Hard, that accurate? And is it androp from the boss or the golden capsule that drops the regional Kai's as well?

chrono01

I was putzing through the game's character files and found the Resurrection of F characters. :D
Maybe part of the big update? It'll be interesting to see!

Same here. It's one thing to get a game like this, it's another thing entirely when it's actually..."fun". DBZ has been getting a lot of love this year, and I'm extremely thankful for it.

Level up Normal fodder to 20 and Awaken them to Rare. Fuse Rare into unit of your choice. You don't have to match the type with the unit you're fusing, although you do get an XP increase for doing so.

To increase your Super, fuse another exact card into it. For example:

PHY Mecha Frieza -> PHY Mecha Frieza.

Been looking at this game on reddit and it seems people who rerolled may be banned? I hope that isn't true, I only rerolled for a SR goku lol.
Not going to happen. For one thing, it's impossible for Namco Bandai to even tell whether an account has been re-rolled or not using traditional means, since you're essentially uninstalling/reinstalling, with a completely new user ID each time. I suppose MAYBE if someone used some third-party hacks to alter the re-roll process, it might be possible to trace that. Even then, it would be difficult. Basically, if [when re-rolling] you're given a new user ID each time, I'd find it difficult to believe that Namco Bandai would ban your account. If they did, they would lose users at an alarming rate.

Re-rolling in gatcha games such as this is common-place. It's why some of them, such as Chain Chronicle, immediately link your account to your device, so you can't even uninstall/reinstall. There is a work-around, that involves transferring your account to another device to force a restart on your primary one, but it's a headache to do.

Not going to happen. For one thing, it's impossible for Namco Bandai to even tell whether an account has been re-rolled or not using traditional means, since you're essentially uninstalling/reinstalling, with a completely new user ID each time. I suppose MAYBE if someone used some third-party hacks to alter the re-roll process, it might be possible to trace that. Even then, it would be difficult. Basically, if [when re-rolling] you're given a new user ID each time, I'd find it difficult to believe that Namco Bandai would ban your account. If they did, they would lose users at an alarming rate.

Re-rolling in gatcha games such as this is common-place. It's why some of them, such as Chain Chronicle, immediately link your account to your device, so you can't even uninstall/reinstall. There is a work-around, that involves transferring your account to another device to force a restart on your primary one, but it's a headache to do.
Messing with the files I could see it happening, but yeah natural rerolling is not a bannable thing.

Yaari

I'll reroll too. I don't think I'll be playing my current account anymore either.
Too much mobile games going on but I do want to have God Goku for when I'm bored of one of those games.

Maybe part of the big update? It'll be interesting to see!

Yup, hopefully! Aside from the RoF cast, there were a bunch of other units that haven't shown up yet as well. Lemme see if I can remember...

RoF
- Golden Frieza
- RoF Goku
- SSGSS Goku
- RoF Vegeta
- SSGSS Vegeta
- Beerus
- Whis
- RoF Tien
- Krillin Cop
- Buff Roshi
- Tagoma
- Shisami
- Sorbet
- Jaco
- Jumpsuit Gohan
- SSJ Jumpsuit Gohan

Then there were units from the Cell Saga like...
- Imperfect Cell
- Perfect Cell
- SSJ2 Gohan with Father/Son Kamehameha

Then others like...
- King Cold
- SSJ2 Goku
- Bardock
- SSJ Bardock
- Bardock's crew

Also, Final Form Freeza and Xeno Trunks had alternate super attacks as well, so I'm guessing alternate SSRs like the current SSJ Goku and Vegeta.

Lagamorph

Can we please put RoF spoilers into spoiler tags? I don't want to have yet another DBZ thread I can't go into because people can't resist spoilers for something that hasn't even been released widely in English yet.

chrono01

So apparently, with the six month celebration in the Japanese version, Namco Bandai had a guaranteed SSR with each ten-pull, during a specific time-frame. I know it's still a ways off in the English release, but I'm seriously tempted to just save all of my Dragon Stones for that and go all-out when we get it. I have the potential to get a guaranteed 3-4 SSR out of it if I can save everything, perhaps even enough for five pulls. With the rate at the English release is going, we could even get this event sooner than six months. Maybe four?

Either way, it seems like patience might pay off, if you're willing to hold out that long anyway. Unless Namco Bandai completely overlooks us and doesn't give us that same event. :(

Edit - Apparently it's a one-time pull. Still good, but you can't do it more than once. Save 50 Dragons Stones on-hand just in case we get it too, as it's a guaranteed SSR.

what levels would ineed for z-hard? i'm sitting on a 60 SR blue raditz, a 47 SR blue goku. a 38 green SSR green vegeta, 60 SR purple nappa +4, a 60 red SR vegeta +4 and a 50 SR orange A18.

SnakeEyes

Banned
So apparently, with the six month celebration in the Japanese version, Namco Bandai had a guaranteed SSR with each ten-pull, during a specific time-frame. I know it's still a ways off in the English release, but I'm seriously tempted to just save all of my Dragon Stones for that and go all-out when we get it. I have the potential to get a guaranteed 3-4 SSR out of it if I can save everything, perhaps even enough for five pulls. With the rate at the English release is going, we could even get this event sooner than six months. Maybe four?

Either way, it seems like patience might pay off, if you're willing to hold out that long anyway. Unless Namco Bandai completely overlooks us and doesn't give us that same event. :(
Shit, thanks for the heads-up - I might do the same, that's a good deal.

I'm too far into it to re-roll, but if we got a rate-up I would throw all of my Dragon Stones at it [and fail].

Same here. I may have the worst SSR in the game, but judging by my luck with rolling and drop rates I doubt a reroll would fare too much better. Rate up and guaranteed events will be the only things I roll on lol.

Kyou

still have not pinned down exactly what to expect with regards to how an orb travels

"Oh shit yeah a bunch of yellows, this is a super for sure"
*highlights*
*orb takes a right at a fork instead of a left for like three orbs instead of six*
"Why?!"

Edit - Apparently it's a one-time pull. Still good, but you can't do it more than once. Save 50 Dragons Stones on-hand just in case we get it too, as it's a guaranteed SSR.

Yeah, it was just a one time thing. I am running two accounts (one on my personal tablet, and one on my older ipad that I let my 1.5 yr son poke around on) and did it on both.

On my main acct I got lucky and scored a SSJ2 Goku and Kaio-ken Goku.

Last night I finally built up 50 on the ipad account and got a SSGSSJ Vegeta.

Recently, they have done some other small bonuses for the 50 pulls. In the Gatcha they added last week with Ultimate Gohan, a 50 pull at least guaranteed one of the new characters (though I ended up with a R Bulma...)

And I think this new one based on SSG Goku and Beerus guarantees at least one SR from a 50 pull?

Permanently A

still have not pinned down exactly what to expect with regards to how an orb travels

"Oh shit yeah a bunch of yellows, this is a super for sure"
*highlights*
*orb takes a right at a fork instead of a left for like three orbs instead of six*
"Why?!"

You can hold down on the orb to see the path it will take.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom