• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

Managed to get Prince Vegeta after numerous attempts. Hits for 35,000 with his special and 18,000 with his regular. Had to use two stones. Good luck to everyone trying for him as well.
Congrats!

I'll probably wait until the event returns to go for him. I feel a little underprepared right now.

Every single pull on this account has been horrendous. Tempted to start rerolling again.
I've decided to save up everything I have and use it all once God Goku is released. If I fail to obtain him, I'll probably start over and re-roll until I do.

The thing is, the longer you go on a "sub-par account", with less desirable pulls, the more difficult it'll be to restart. Getting an amazing leader/card early on [via your re-roll] means you're allowed to get awful pulls with your Dragon Stones afterwards and still be alright.

I'll see. I'm hoping to get God Goku [or SSJ2 Goku/Bardock] with my 150-200 Dragon Stones, once he's released. If not, I'll probably use the Android re-roll thing on my PC until I do, and then transfer it to my iPhone.

MyIK1VLcRJaiJ40g_Eipgwk4zaxvTtdrzBYxZdKIxvs=w543-h965-no

My new ultimate party.
Nice work!

Yaari

I'm not sure if I should reroll by that time, using that PC app you guys talk about, or just 2 of my iPads. I like the free SR unit but they are being handed out often now, with these events, right? They really aren't too special anymore. That's my take anyway.

chrono01

I'm not sure if I should reroll by that time, using that PC app you guys talk about, or just 2 of my iPads. I like the free SR unit but they are being handed out often now, with these events, right? They really aren't too special anymore. That's my take anyway.
Yeah, people are forgetting that events do return too. The only thing you'll likely lose permanently is your mission/quest progress, as well as rank. Those things can be easily re-obtained, though.

I just really want a strong leader card. I mean, look at God Goku's stats at max level.

http://gamy.jp/dbz-dokkan/dictionary/characters/308

8723 HP
8250 ATK
3873 DEF

I need him.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
MyIK1VLcRJaiJ40g_Eipgwk4zaxvTtdrzBYxZdKIxvs=w543-h965-no

My new ultimate party.

My Teen Gohan has 6443 attack at level 80 as SSR. Is there any other advantage to UR awakening that I am missing or does the upgrade seem really weak in comparison to SR -> SSR?

Yaari

Yeah, people are forgetting that events do return too. The only thing you'll likely lose permanently is your mission/quest progress, as well as rank. Those things can be easily re-obtained, though.

I just really want a strong leader card. I mean, look at God Goku's stats at max level.

http://gamy.jp/dbz-dokkan/dictionary/characters/308

8723 HP
8250 ATK
3873 DEF

I need him.
Do you know if his 30% ATK is for every type, or one specific? I was trying to figure that out.

chrono01

Do you know if his 30% ATK is for every type, or one specific? I was trying to figure that out.
People on Reddit were saying that he had the same leader ability as Bardock, but the information here disproves that.

From what I can see, he increases the ATK or STR, AGL, and PHY by 30%. However, his passive is apparently an 80% ATK, which is pretty insane. Granted it won't be up every turn, but if you can link him with a few members and fire off his special, he has the potential to do incredible damage in just a single turn, possibly outright killing whatever you're fighting.

Quest Stones:

Act 1 : A Gloomy Parallel World - 18 stones
Act 2 : The Ultimate Life Form! - 18 stones
Act 3 : A Call to Arms - 27 stones
Act 4 : The Emperors Wrath - 27 stones
Act 5 : The Dreaded Ginyu Force - 33 stones
Act 6 : The Androids Attack! - 33 stones
Act 7 : Assault of the Saiyans! - 33 stones
Act 8 : Merciless Frieza - 33 stones
Act 9 : Arise, Saiyan Prince - 12 stones
Act 10 : Red Ribbon Mechinations - 27 stones

Total : 261

This is as far as I have gotten on Quest mode so far. Only beaten Z-Hard on the first few stages of A Gloomy Parallel World. Up to Hard in Dreaded Ginyu Force personally. So lots of stones left.

With the above stones, you also have to take into account the mission rewards like " clear a stage without using an item on Normal / Hard / Z-Hard ". Z-Hard gives you 3 stones when you beat a level without using an item. Was shocked at that. The others giving you a single stone. Think thats like 25 or so more stones there. Then the daily rewards and login rewards that give stones pretty often.

Could bump that number up to 300 very easily. Plus the other acts I have yet to unlock. I'm guessing they will be 27-33 stones each total also. It goes to Act 12 now right? So another 50 or so there.

How is this team making money? lol.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Awakening allows it to do extra damage to unawakened enemies.

Yeah, but awakening a SR to SSR does the same plus it usually gives around 1300 Attack more. SSR-UR seems like a rather small change in comparison.

Yeah, but awakening a SR to SSR does the same plus it usually gives around 1300 Attack more. SSR-UR seems like a rather small change in comparison.

I can see what you mean, but I find it extremely helpful for Z-hard runs. You take extra damage from Awakened enemies and SSR characters are usually the leaders. It'll help reduce the damage you take while keeping efficiency.

chrono01

It's worth it.

By awakening an SSR to UR you gain an extra 20 level toy uor maximum cap [80 --> 100] which means a pretty substantial stat increase, as well as gaining the Super/Extreme type. A non-awakened SSR will do weak damage against an opponent with a super/extreme type, unless your type is strong against it in which case you'll do standard/1x damage. You need to gain the super/extreme type you get during awakening to ensure that your card remains strong against awakened enemies, so you can attack standard types [types you're not weak against] at 1x and types you're strong against at 2x.

If you don't awaken your SSR to UR, you might as well not even use them since they'll be useless against more difficult content where all of the enemies are awakened. :(

Toma

It's worth it.

By awakening an SSR to UR you gain an extra 20 level toy uor maximum cap [80 --> 100] which means a pretty substantial stat increase, as well as gaining the Super/Extreme type. A non-awakened SSR will do weak damage against an opponent with a super/extreme type, unless your type is strong against it in which case you'll do standard/1x damage. You need to gain the super/extreme type you get during awakening to ensure that your card remains strong against awakened enemies, so you can attack standard types [types you're not weak against] at 1x and types you're strong against at 2x.

If you don't awaken your SSR to UR, you might as well not even use them since they'll be useless against more difficult content where all of the enemies are awakened. :(

Thats not really the problem, though. I was just thinking of any reason to UR awaken him instead of getting two of my SRs to SSRs. I can turn and twist it all I want, but awakening two SRs is the much better idea overall, since it still would give them all those positive effects and combined 3000 more attack, compared to only 700 more if I awaken my SSR now.

chrono01

Thats not really the problem, though. I was just thinking of any reason to UR awaken him instead of getting two of my SRs to SSRs. I can turn and twist it all I want, but awakening two SRs is the much better idea overall, since it still would give them all those positive effects and combined 3000 more attack, compared to only 700 more if I awaken my SSR now.
In the short run, sure. Two SR --> SSR will be better than a single SSR --> UR, since it'll give you two awakened members with super/extreme types as opposed to one. Just as long as you keep in mind that the lower cap for awakened SR is level 80, so a fully leveled awakened SSR [to UR] will give you quite a bit more stats [since their maximum level is 100].

But yes, if awakening medals are short for you, as well as Zeni/XP materials, two awakened SR might be the better idea. It's still worth awakening your SSR when you find you way free, though.

Toma

In the short run, sure. Two SR --> SSR will be better than a single SSR --> UR, since it'll give you two awakened members with super/extreme types as opposed to one. Just as long as you keep in mind that the lower cap for awakened SR is level 80, so a fully leveled awakened SSR [to UR] will give you quite a bit more stats [since their maximum level is 100].

But yes, if awakening medals are short for you, as well as Zeni/XP materials, two awakened SR might be the better idea. It's still worth awakening your SSR when you find you way free, though.

Yeah, of course. I have all the medals/Zeni, the problem is more the team limit :p

Not in a hurry anyway, your time will come, Gohan, your time will come.

So, I am going to give my account away, but would prefer to give it to someone that will actually use it. Got an 80 SSR Gohan who is close to Z-Awaken, and a bunch of other random dudes.

If you are interested pm me.

Venting time, I REALLY HATE THE COMBAT IN THIS GAME!

Stupid RNG, the bubbles are so stupidly random. If you even pop the bubbles, there is only 1 set path, you can't choose which bubbles to pop along the way to the enemy. There is also the stupid rule where if there is a rainbow bubble you can't pop it even if the same color is next to it.

Like Red > Rainbow > Red > Red > Green.

If you tap the left most one, it will just go up and not get the other 2 reds waiting to the right. I'm really annoyed that I was playing one of the early Z hard missions and it one of those N mooks that isn't even Extreme or Super version that managed to beat my team of SRs and awakened Rs. I didn't have INT while it was a TEQ one but that shouldn't matter vs MOOKS! >:|

I know you'll decline, I'm doing this for fun and to test out the reroll method before God Goku comes out.

The single roll odds are incredibility low. TEQ Vegeta came up first of course, nobody wants that guy.

Durden77

Can anyone help me in getting the dragon ball on Exquisite Teamup? I keep ending up with the Lady Saiyan instead of Jiece and there's not much rhyme or reason to the cloud teleports.

Pick up 13 normal capsules on the AGI daily run. 10 of them are Dr. Gero's. 1 Gregory. 2 Bubbles.

This game hates bubbles/gregory, or know they are far more useful then Dr. Gero. I now have 100 Dr. Gero's and 10 bubbles and 9 gregory's

Pick up 13 normal capsules on the AGI daily run. 10 of them are Dr. Gero's. 1 Gregory. 2 Bubbles.

This game hates bubbles/gregory, or know they are far more useful then Dr. Gero. I now have 100 Dr. Gero's and 10 bubbles and 9 gregory's

Fuck Gero, he is hardly used and is the most commonly dropped.

TimelyValuableHochstettersfrog.gif

Yeah, getting enough Gregories for awakenings is like finding Supreme or Old Kai. :S

I'm having issues getting the cricket awakening one too. I have a ton of Super Rare and Ultra Rare awakenings, but I just can't seem to get enough of the basic ones.
My SR Tien STR has been at 60 for almost a week now :/

Cruxist

Ok GAF, poll time.

The only natural SSR I've pulled is Xeno Trunks. Worth it to Z-Awaken to a UR? I haven't seen any in the wild (friends/allies) but I do have the medals for it. I'm also at the point where I've gotten the team I wanted all Z-awakened, so now I'm working on the extras. Thoughts?

Skii

Ok GAF, poll time.

The only natural SSR I've pulled is Xeno Trunks. Worth it to Z-Awaken to a UR? I haven't seen any in the wild (friends/allies) but I do have the medals for it. I'm also at the point where I've gotten the team I wanted all Z-awakened, so now I'm working on the extras. Thoughts?

I think it is worth it as you'll get another Old and Supreme Kai on day 100.

StMeph

Is there a list of useful passives/actives on characters that make them punch above their weight/stats and make them worth using? I'm just curious because the English resources are still kind of lacking.

Is there a list of useful passives/actives on characters that make them punch above their weight/stats and make them worth using? I'm just curious because the English resources are still kind of lacking.

dont think there is one yet. i know you can find the passives in the character profile that shows the conditions to activate it and all that. but haven't seen anything online yet. Too new I guess.

Savitar

The game is fun, I managed to get an SR of Cell in his first form as my best character. Since then did the missions to get R's for Goku and Badrock. The rest are kinda ho hum. The only real issue I have with the game is how yeah you got to wait and let your stamina refill. Sure you can use a stone but....hey that's a stone.

Ok GAF, poll time.

I don't see why not. I'm not sure who else you have but I don't think Xeno Trunks is all that bad.

Also, I friended one person for his Xeno Trunks and he got SSJ Bardock instead, so now I don't have a Xeno Trunks on my friend list anymore lol. =(

FerranMG

Well, venting and quitting time for me.

I like the game because it reminds me of when I used to collecet DB stuff as a kid. It has a nice amount of depth in its mechanics. There's strategy and luck involved, and I'm more than ok with it.

But.
Now loading.
The servers, at least playing from Spain, are insufferably slow.
Now loading.
It takes me too long to do anything. Doing a friend multi pull and training the resulting Now Loading characters takes me like 20 minues, when, if it was fast, I would be done in less than 5.

The animations that play when obtaining a capsule, when fighting an enemy, when rolling the dice..., are all too long and slow too.

Also, the combat mechanics are not explained well enough. The fact that I can't anticipate what will happen with the orbs of the board after doing a move drives me nuts.

All in all, this has been a nice time waster for a while, but I refuse to invest any more time in it basically for the two reasons above.

Hiltz

I've heard that Super Saiyan Vegeta (super attack supreme) is considered one of the weaker characters, but is that due to his stats and/or color ? This one I have is PHY if it makes any difference. It would be great addition to have since his link skills being compatible with some of my other characters.

Skii

I've heard that Super Saiyan Vegeta (super attack supreme) is considered one of the weaker characters, but is that due to his stats and/or color ? This one I have is PHY if it makes any difference. It would be great addition to have since his link skills being compatible with some of my other characters.

I think his stats are generally low as well as his passive/leader skill not being as good as other SSRs (I'm talking about the TEQ one).

Physical Vegeta is slightly better but not by much. Vegeta has basically been screwed over properly in this game. He's joint strongest DBZ fighter at the moment and it isn't being treated as such in this game. It's a shame.

Haschmich

Neo Member
But.
Now loading.
The servers, at least playing from Spain, are insufferably slow.
Now loading.
It takes me too long to do anything. Doing a friend multi pull and training the resulting Now Loading characters takes me like 20 minues, when, if it was fast, I would be done in less than 5.
I feel you. It really got worse after the update including more crashes than before.
Ain't quitting though. I hope they fix this or upgrade their server capacities. Btw Germany here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom