• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay Vegeta family! Took about 15 tries on Z-Hard until he dropped.

9u3ljt4l.jpg

Now just waiting on those Supreme Kai medals... :S

I started building a picture database showing the passive abilities of the cards.

http://imgur.com/a/OJpBc

if anyone wants to throw images my way I can save and add to the collection that would be awesome. I'm going to work on organizing them based around passives that work well together along with other skills and such.

Aurizen

That would be sweet.

SSGSS Goku
SSG Goku
SSJ3 Goku
SSJ2 Goku
SSJ1 Goku STR version
Kaioken Goku

I wonder if SSGSS Goku has Catastrophic super or he has higher. There has to be a reason why he does 300k+ damage.

When does SSGSS Goku come out? anyone have an estimate? I'm planning on saving all my stones till then lol.

StMeph

I wonder if SSGSS Goku has Catastrophic super or he has higher. There has to be a reason why he does 300k+ damage.

Looks like most of the later/newer ones are catastrophic.

SSGSS and SSJ3 Goku are catastrophic. SSJ2 Gohan is catastrophic. Perfect Cell is catastrophic.

Amusingly, SSGSS Vegeta is only extreme. Both types.

Just started playing a few days ago, got King Vegeta in first try... but he doesn't seem to be especially good for a SR... but maybe I'm just not fully understanding all of the intricacies of the game yet.

Durden77

Well... I can't really complain about this pull...

VpgX0nX.jpg

Except that I alreadt have that SR Nappa And #16 and wasn't planning on training them that hard. But that's a lot of SRs.

JTran2003

Yay Vegeta family! Took about 15 tries on Z-Hard until he dropped.

9u3ljt4l.jpg

Now just waiting on those Supreme Kai medals... :S

Nice! Been trying to get kid vegeta but no luck. Starting to use too many resources in the attempt. Guess my guys aren't strong enough... Hopefully he comes back...

I thought King Vegeta was the one you had to beat on Z-Hard without using continues lol. Man that sucks. Finally did it though. Beat him with a Dokkan Attack with 5k health left. He hit my extreme PHY guys for 5-8k and the supers 17-19k. Tough one.

So what should be my goal as someone still relatively early on? I feel I have a pretty solid line up (aside from my initial Krillin, whom I kept purely out of love). I have a couple R awakened to SR characters (Trunks, Gohan, and Goku from the first event) and 3 native SR in Krillin, 17, and King Vegeta

Currently rank 20 and only on the Ginyu story missions. Keep getting distracted and going back and doing hard of the early missions and clearly (on normal and sometimes hard) the timed events since no clue how long they'll be around.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Finally finished all the Bardock missions on Z-Hard to get the Freeza and Chilled mission reward drops. Wasn't too hard as I had 4 Awakened INT chars for the last Chilled fight and plenty of items.

Just need to get Kid Vegeta and then I'll go after the King Vegeta event. If I load up the Planet Vegeta stage and don't see a spawn, I can just abandon right away and try again until he shows right?

Also need to farm more Gregory medals to awaken King Cold as I'm completely out.

I'm suddenly dreading farming Kid Vegeta. I don't have enough PHY friends to keep farming that mission over and over.

Yeah even getting a team of PHY has proved pretty hard for me. I have a full team for all of them now but PHY where I've got 5 characters and only one is a natural SR. That alone counts me out of a chance for now, but to top it off there's also the need to get them all extreme PHY to have a hope of surviving if he happens to be an Extreme type.

Can't even work out what triggers that yet as I've only got super types and I always make sure only to awaken when I have all the medals and they are at their level cap before awakening. I figured that would be the requirement but no luck so far. Perhaps only cards that require 5 medals can reach extreme, which would mean my chances at running the event are even worse.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Yeah even getting a team of PHY has proved pretty hard for me. I have a full team for all of them now but PHY where I've got 5 characters and only one is a natural SR. That alone counts me out of a chance for now, but to top it off there's also the need to get them all extreme PHY to have a hope of surviving if he happens to be an Extreme type.

Can't even work out what triggers that yet as I've only got super types and I always make sure only to awaken when I have all the medals and they are at their level cap before awakening. I figured that would be the requirement but no luck so far. Perhaps only cards that require 5 medals can reach extreme, which would mean my chances at running the event are even worse.
Super = good guys, extreme = bad guys

Kyou

Dear King Vegeta,

Hello sir! If you could drop so I could get back to the other farming I need to be doing that'd be super. Thanks a bunch!

-Kyou

PS Your son is an asshole

Skii

YES King Vegeta dropped :D

Time to farm those 30 gregories. Fuck you King Kai for harbouring such an elusive cricket.

Kitoro

Finally saved up another 50 gems for a 10 pull, but it doesn't look like the featured units are very worthwhile.

Any idea who will be showcased after SS2 Goku and SS Bardock? Are they worth a try, or should I wait for what's to come?

Thanks!

Skii

Finally saved up another 50 gems for a 10 pull, but it doesn't look like the featured units are very worthwhile.

Any idea who will be showcased after SS2 Goku and SS Bardock? Are they worth a try, or should I wait for what's to come?

Thanks!

SSJ2 Gohan and Perfect Cell are next. SSJ Bardock and SSJ2 Goku are 4th & 5th respectively on the Japanese game for best SSRs. SSJ2 Gohan is 3rd whilst Cell is 8th IIRC. So it's best to wait until they appear in packs before dropping all your stones. Other than those 4, our next best SSR is Frieza final form (15th).

Kitoro

SSJ2 Gohan and Perfect Cell are next. SSJ Bardock and SSJ2 Goku are 4th & 5th respectively on the Japanese game for best SSRs. SSJ2 Gohan is 3rd whilst Cell is 8th IIRC. So it's best to wait until they appear in packs before dropping all your stones. Other than those 4, our next best SSR is Frieza final form (15th).

Thanks! When you say "...appear in packs," what exactly does that mean, though? As in wait for the new Gohan and Cell to join the pool to increase my chances of getting a good SSR?

SnakeEyes

Banned
There is way too much going on in this game lol and in just a few days we'll have new summons again
Damn right. I don't have good enough characters to be able to tackle Kid Vegeta, still missing both Frieza First Form and Chilled, and just got King Vegeta today.

At least when new content/characters are added, so are new opportunities for Dragon Stones.

linkent

Finally!

He may not be the best SSR/UR, but he's my first max-level UR...so I'm happy! So much XP, though. It'll be nice to focus on leveling/awakening other cards now.
Gratz!
Just Awaken my Goku to UR today.. 30day login for me..
Gotten all the drop from the events..
Really wanted to max AGL Frieza Special, as he can be Dokkan and the special will carry over.
But the drop rate is horrible, killed him 3x in "Futile" but it isnt 100% drop.
Not to mention he only spawn 1 in 4/5 Zhard run.
The Last Battle on the otherhand keep dropping R Bardocks.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
There is way too much going on in this game lol and in just a few days we'll have new summons again

Yeah, I still have a ton of story missions left - I've only gone through enough to get 3 of the first set of wishes. Have yet to go replay on harder difficulties as well.

JJP12

Finally!

He may not be the best SSR/UR, but he's my first max-level UR...so I'm happy! So much XP, though. It'll be nice to focus on leveling/awakening other cards now.

Very nice!
I have a friend with a level 90 TEQ Vegeta and he always helps me kick AGI Friezas butt on z-hard.

chrono01

Gratz!
Just Awaken my Goku to UR today.. 30day login for me..
Gotten all the drop from the events..
Really wanted to max AGL Frieza Special, as he can be Dokkan and the special will carry over.
But the drop rate is horrible, killed him 3x in "Futile" but it isnt 100% drop.
Not to mention he only spawn 1 in 4/5 Zhard run.
The Last Battle on the otherhand keep dropping R Bardocks.
Thanks, congrats to you on your SSJ Goku awaken [I saw him on my Friend List]. I had to wait for the 30-day login too, since the game would not give me an Old Kai [despite getting numerous gold awakening capsules]. We're supposed to get another from the six million download celebration, so \o/!

I still need to farm all of these units. I'm going to spend the rest of the day farming Gregory medals, so I can awaken fodder units for XP [as well as later awakening my main units]. I mostly need to focus on the INT/PHY ones, since I already have pretty strong TEQ/AGL/STR users.

Very nice!
I have a friend with a level 90 TEQ Vegeta and he always helps me kick AGI Friezas butt on z-hard.
I still need to farm him. Maybe RNG will be kind and give me one easily.

...Probably not.

linkent

Thanks, congrats to you on your SSJ Goku awaken [I saw him on my Friend List]. I had to wait for the 30-day login too, since the game would not give me an Old Kai [despite getting numerous gold awakening capsules]. We're supposed to get another from the six million download celebration, so o/!

I still need to farm him. Maybe RNG will be kind and give me one easily.

...Probably not.
Thx!

https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanB...re_is_hope_for_you_if_i_can_do_it_so_can_you/
Use this guide to clear the content without Gemming, you will get them in the mission.

chrono01

Thx!

https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanB...re_is_hope_for_you_if_i_can_do_it_so_can_you/
Use this guide to clear the content without Gemming, you will get them in the mission.
Wow, thanks for this! It definitely gives me hope. I just want to awaken a few of my INT units before I try, should be doable though!

I'm not sure which I should farm for first, the event characters or King Vegeta. King Vegeta is a Strike event, so he'll likely be back again. I'm not sure about the event though...

My first SSR and my first UR. I'm still glad I got him, Vegeta is a cool character :D
Yeah, Vegeta is great. It's a shame that he's so under represented in this game. :(

Aurizen

I'm just hoping to get old kai metal before the night is up, got a couple more runs to do but hopefully I can pull it off... wish me luck.. RNG help me!

Delio

*Does the King Vegeta finally dropped dance* Now to do this a few more times to get his special up. Is King Vegeta even good tho and worth building up?

SeZMehK

Kid vegeta always spawn for me on hard on planet vegeta but I can't access him... keeps saying to unlock zhard but zhard is unlocked for me but I haven't beat it yet. Am I doing something wrong?

chrono01

Kid vegeta always spawn for me on hard on planet vegeta but I can't access him... keeps saying to unlock zhard but zhard is unlocked for me but I haven't beat it yet. Am I doing something wrong?
You need to actually play on Z-Hard to have the route opened. Keep in-mind that Kid/King Vegeta, on the stage, is not a guaranteed spawn, so you might need to "restart" a lot.

Best of luck to you! I still need to get him myself.

Durden77

Got King Vegeta first run of Z-Hard! And he wasn't even THAT tough. Ox King item is so godlike right now.

I'm not gonna farm him. Wanna do something other than strikes for now, and I already have a nice pumped Mecha Freeza. I'll get him when comes back around.

chrono01

Got King Vegeta first run of Z-Hard! And he wasn't even THAT tough. Ox King item is so godlike right now.

I'm not gonna farm him. Wanna do something other than strikes for now, and I already have a nice pumped Mecha Freeza. I'll get him when comes back around.
Congrats! Which level did you get him on?

SnakeEyes

Banned
Can you get First Form Frieza by beating him on Last Battle on Hard, instead of getting Bardock cards? Or does he drop in addition to them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom