• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durden77

Congrats! Which level did you get him on?

The strike mission King Vegeta, not Kid Vegeta. Kid Vegeta I got after about 20 tries on the Planet Vegeta's Prince level.

I've got too many cards, many which are SRs, than I know what to do with, but still no SSR.

chrono01

The strike mission King Vegeta, not Kid Vegeta. Kid Vegeta I got after about 20 tries on the Planet Vegeta's Prince level.

I've got too many cards, many which are SRs, than I know what to do with, but still no SSR.
Oh, gotcha.

I'm not sure what to do! So many characters/events to farm. I need Gregory medals, to awaken my units, so they have a chance at Z-Hard. Meanwhile, King Vegeta is there to farm, so I'm really not sure what to do.

Continue farming dailies for medals to awaken my units so I can handle Z-Hard, and get Chilled/AGL Frieza/Kid Vegeta?

or

Farm King Vegeta?

Ugh! I wish I knew for sure if these events returned or not, it's stressful. I believe, I read, that Strike events do return, but I'm not sure about these story events. I'd hate it if I missed out on Kid Vegeta/Chilled/AGL Frieza due to myself not being prepared.

I should be able to no-continue the final mission on Z-Hard for the guaranteed Chilled. I'm not sure if I could do all of the Z-Hard missions for the guaranteed AGL Frieza, though. Not unless I awaken a few, in which case, I need more Gregory.

Bottom line? I guess I need more Gregory. :/

SnakeEyes

Banned
Reposting since it was at the bottom of the last page:

Can you get First Form Frieza by beating him on Last Battle on Hard, instead of getting Bardock cards? Or does he drop in addition to them?

Lupercal

Banned
Just gotten Chilled and King Vegeta in 2 excrutiating battles on Z Hard.
That Chilled battle wrecked me 2 times at the last second because of a super over 30k dmg (Really? on a purple awakened no less) and King Vegeta with his cronies was also a bit much but senzu beans for life.

Not sure whether to farm for more upgrades or just grind the medal events.

Just gotten Chilled and King Vegeta in 2 excrutiating battles on Z Hard.
That Chilled battle wrecked me 2 times at the last second because of a super over 30k dmg (Really? on a purple awakened no less) and King Vegeta with his cronies was also a bit much but senzu beans for life.

Not sure whether to farm for more upgrades or just grind the medal events.

You can never have enough Gregories.

chrono01

You can never have enough Gregories.
Seriously. The PHY daily is great for them, since the path is really long. Run it or Normal, since the white capsules spawn more frequently there.

I'm planning on running it non-stop today to stock up. On Saturday, I'm going to see if I've farmed enough to awaken the rest of my INT/PHY/STR members [and level them up] to see if I can tackle any of the Z-Hard content.

Is it better to wait until your cards hit the level cap to awaken them or does it not make a difference? I could ramp most of my team up to SSR/UR right now but none of them have reached the level cap.

Lupercal

Banned
Is it better to wait until your cards hit the level cap to awaken them or does it not make a difference? I could ramp most of my team up to SSR/UR right now but none of them have reached the level cap.

If you can, why not do it? There's a minor stat boost in it and it cuts down on Zeni cost when you want to fully awaken them with only having one step left.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
"A full blooded Saiyan's hair never changes"

DwbbuKl.png

Poor guy.

Durden77

I'm really going to try and chill on summons until some of these Resurrection F characters come out. I would be the happiest if I could nab SSGSS Vegeta, but the saddest if my dragon stone pool is dried up by them.

I just want one SSR! And it's so hard to resist rolling for Bardock.

I'm pretty stunned after all this time playing, and all these pulls, I still haven't pulled a SSR yet. I don't even want to know how many pulls I've done so far. Probably 60+ pulls no doubt.

StMeph

I'm pretty meh about Trunks (Xeno), and I'm not sure why it's rated higher than the others being bumped off. His Leader skill is good-but-not-great (15% HP/ATK to all types), but his stat line is weak, and not being super saiyan means his link skills are also extremely limited. Even his deathblow skill is on the lowest (huge) tier of damage. His passive is the only thing that's really great (+3 ki when below 80% HP), and even that's severely outclassed by SSJ2 Goku's 99% threshold.

I mean, as a whole it's a decent package, but nothing about it suggests to me that he's GOOD.

Like it even says in the tutorial statements, putting together a " strong " team really isn't the point in this game. Putting together a team that works well together though, with passive skills constantly activating and Link skills constantly activating, is much better then just throwing together a full SSR team just for the sake of it.

For example when using my Fasha lead for 15% attack for anyone, it would be easy for me to just throw together my highest ATK cards and be done with it. But if I actually put my lower ATK Saiyan's along with Fasha suddenly I get 15% ATK boost from Team Bardock boost and then another +700 ATK from the Saiyan Warrior Race group and so on. Suddenly those weaker ATK cards are WAY stronger then my highest ATK SSR card that doesn't match up with Fasha or any of the other cards in the group.

You can also get better usage out of cards that have passive abilities that activate more often. +Ki all the time or " x happens with 5 ki or more " or whatever. Some stuff like rare chance at 100% ATK boost is worth it because once it does activate, you can put together a super power strike, but it is all luck really.

For example

Is by far my strongest team because every single member of the group links with the others. Sometimes with multiple links like Fasha / Bardock or Vegeta / Nappa ( 10% ATK boost! ). With this group sometimes my regular attack is up to 16K+.

Kyou

Like it even says in the tutorial statements, putting together a " strong " team really isn't the point in this game. Putting together a team that works well together though, with passive skills constantly activating and Link skills constantly activating, is much better then just throwing together a full SSR team just for the sake of it.
Well I mean... almost that entire team links together. The only odd man out of Vegeta and I am using him on the basis that I got a natural SSR and I'm going to use it damnit.

I really need to find a SR+ PHY character badly. My current one is an Android, and he doesn't link to anyone on my team. I may actually replace him with a lower one.

On another note, 3rd Form Frieza has an awesome Super Attack - it lowers the target's ATK stat.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Decided to do a mult-summon for the first time, and got my first SSR. Super Saiyan Goku, and got the SR AGL Goku. The rest were only R's, but I'm pretty happy with the result.

Kyou

wish there was a counter somewhere on how many times you've played a level

I've lost track of how many times I've gone looking for Kid Vegeta

SnakeEyes

Banned
Vegeta seriously needs a better card. This is criminal.

Oh, and RIP my only UR. I'm going all-out for God Goku, and if I don't get him I might try re-rolling for one...
Agreed. This is painful.

At least I've got Frieza (Final Form) and SSJ2 Goku on the burner and getting close to needing a Kai medal.

StMeph

Now that I've gotten to Wayward Champion/Invader I can cruise on stamina refills for a while and use the opportunity to grind for Chilled in between.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Now that I've gotten to Wayward Champion/Invader I can cruise on stamina refills for a while and use the opportunity to grind for Chilled in between.
Yeah it's a neat trick. Used it to grind out the levels needed for AGL Freeza

Speaking of why the hell does he cost 17?

chrono01

Is the next batch of units on the 25th likely to have the the guaranteed SR for Multi-Summon as well?
Probably. It seems like that's what we get in Global, as opposed to a rate-up for SR/SSR. I'd prefer the latter, honestly. :/

Agreed. This is painful.

At least I've got Frieza (Final Form) and SSJ2 Goku on the burner and getting close to needing a Kai medal.
Yeah, I desperately need another SSR.

Speaking of SSR, they haven't announced a Dokkan awakening for any of them yet, right? It'd be nice if they went back and gave the earlier/lesser ones [TEQ/PHY Vegeta, PHY Piccolo, AGL Goku, etc.] a Dokkan awakening, to bring them up to date with their most recent counterparts. At least give Vegeta an SSR within the top ten ranks! For such a viable character, he's greatly under-represented.

Skii

Finally got my physical team up to scratch after Z-Awakening my King Cold. Went for my first Z-hard Kid Vegeta run and he's already there. Managed to beat him and complete the level after rinsing 2 Ox Kings, 2 Senzus, 2 Ultra recovery drinks and 2 Dende's. It was worth it though as I didn't need to drop a single stone :D

Time to Z-awaken King and Kid Vegeta so I can be ready for Lord Chilled.

JTran2003

Been trying to get king vegeta on hard for a few days with no luck. Phy team is getting stronger though. If I can awaken my two SRs in time I think I will be able to get kid vegeta!

Hiltz

I got kid Vegeta after randomly fighting King Vegeta optional boss on the Vegeta prince planet stage on Z-hard mode. Also, I finally got my first upgraded UR character, SS2 Goku. Currently, saving up dragon stones for future events. It looks like Kid Vegeta is better than King Vegeta, right ?

chrono01

I got kid Vegeta after randomly fighting King Vegeta optional boss on the Vegeta prince planet stage on Z-hard mode. Also, I finally got my first upgraded UR character, SS2 Goku. Currently, saving up dragon stones for future events. It looks like Kid Vegeta is better than King Vegeta, right ?
Congrats man, on both the farming and the Awakening.

And yes, Kid Vegeta is a better card than King Vegeta, although it's nice to have em' both.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Got Kid Vegeta to spawn late last night after a dozen triea, so I've been spending all day farming Normal for Gregory medals. Been getting 4-5 per run, though occasionally also just getting 1 or 2 despite getting 10+ capsules.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Just beat Frieza (First Form) on Final Battle Z-Hard, using an all-Teq team, with Senz Bean, Baba, King Yemma, and Ghost Usher, and used the Quit+Restart trick to beat him.

Still got a Bardock card ~_~

Going to attempt Z-Hard Chilled in the same way, to see if I can at least get him from the Mission reward.

Hiltz

Just beat Frieza (First Form) on Final Battle Z-Hard, using an all-Teq team, with Senz Bean, Baba, King Yemma, and Ghost Usher, and used the Quit+Restart trick to beat him.

Still got a Bardock card ~_~

Going to attempt Z-Hard Chilled in the same way, to see if I can at least get him from the Mission reward.

Good job, SnakeEyes. By the way, what's this quick+ restart trick? Is it a way to restart a quest without using up stamina or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom