• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Crown |OT| Knock down the crown

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Listen to this, guys. I spent all day adventuring (4-5 hours) and got up to a 13M+ score. All my equipment had broke, so I was just about to go in to town after I finished the current round. I was in the middle of the boss fight and the dreaded "Disconnect/Connection Lost. Returning to town." message came up.

So I lost all of my EXP, most of my loot, none of my money, all the talisman (I had managed to get them all in the run) and none of my quests!

I kept myself from throwing my controller through the window, but I felt pretty sick. All I can say is this glitch is unacceptable, Atlus.

jody_cundy_2437041b.jpg

I am so sorry.

So I'm almost done beating the game with the last character (sorceress) that I need to get the artwork, then off to lv. 99 with my favorite class (which i still haven't decided).

A game hasn't got its hooks into me this bad since Dark Souls.

I'm even thinking about double dipping on my Vita just to see that amazing artwork on the OLED, and to have Dragon's Crown on the go. I keep reminding myself WAIT FOR A SALE but i don't want to..... I have a problem, lol.

I remembered I still had free money from Sony when they did their PSN credit giveaway so double dipping was a no brainer for me. It's totally worth it, though the slowdown vita experiences sometimes screws with my Elf's charge shot timings. I like to let go as soon as it's charged and the muscle memory from playing on ps3 is making me release the shot too early on Vita when it's slowed down.

Ultimadrago

Listen to this, guys. I spent all day adventuring (4-5 hours) and got up to a 13M+ score. All my equipment had broke, so I was just about to go in to town after I finished the current round. I was in the middle of the boss fight and the dreaded "Disconnect/Connection Lost. Returning to town." message came up.

So I lost all of my EXP, most of my loot, none of my money, all the talisman (I had managed to get them all in the run) and none of my quests!

I kept myself from throwing my controller through the window, but I felt pretty sick. All I can say is this glitch is unacceptable, Atlus.

jody_cundy_2437041b.jpg

You have my condolences. That is really crappy.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I dropped the whole PlayStation brand for thirteen years when my PS1 memory card got corrupted.

So yeah. I'll avoid online and stick to ad-hoc until it gets fixed.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I'm guilty of breaking boxes whenever I see them. For some reason, whenever I see a box, I can't help but beeline over and do a Sorceress booty bump. It's too cute.

Does anyone know if this game runs at 1080p native on PS3? Or is just upscaled like the majority of games? I know Guacamelee, Wipeout, Ridge Racer 6 were 1080p native.

Giolon

That d/c bug sucks. Had it happen to one of my friends a couple nights ago at the end of 6-chain run on Hard. He was pretty pissed that he lost all of the XP and quest completions, but for whatever reason he did get to keep all the loot he'd acquired.

FWIW, Japan got a 1.01 patch last week and one of the notes was "Improved stability of network connection." Hopefully we'll get it soon.

The rest of the 1.01 JP notes:
◦Improved stability of network connection.
◦Hidden items can now be taken just by bringing the finger cursor over them
◦L1 (PS3) and L (PS Vita) buttons can now be used as a shortcut for items.
◦Pressing up and triangle you can now throw daggers and bombs diagonally.
◦The ability to batch-repair all the items in the bags has been added.
◦Users can now select the desired region for matchmaking in the options menu.
◦The rune stone display has been improved for visibility.
◦The limit of dropped arrows has been increased depending on the number of elves in the party.

RangerBAD

That d/c bug sucks. Had it happen to one of my friends a couple nights ago at the end of 6-chain run on Hard. He was pretty pissed that he lost all of the XP and quest completions, but for whatever reason he did get to keep all the loot he'd acquired.

FWIW, Japan got a 1.01 patch last week and one of the notes was "Improved stability of network connection." Hopefully we'll get it soon.

The rest of the 1.01 JP notes:

It seemed really random about what it let me keep. I had loot up to level 72, but had I got my EXP I might have gone from 69 to way higher than 72.

Novocaine

Playing as a Sorceress, beat normal mode. Then shit got serious. Feels like the difficulty curve from Diablo 3's hell to inferno pre-nerf.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I dropped the whole PlayStation brand for thirteen years when my PS1 memory card got corrupted.

Funny. If I did this every time I had a hardware issue I would have nothing left to play games on.

1. Has anyone had issues getting online? (Vita) I havent been able to get on in 3 days.

2. How come now whenever I open chests in dungeons, a bunch of rocks drop and stun all of us? and no treasure.

I'm not on vita but on ps3 I have to try connecting to games for about 10 minutes before I can. It's not my internet or router, its only this game that has trouble.

QP3

I'm not on vita but on ps3 I have to try connecting to games for about 10 minutes before I can. It's not my internet or router, its only this game that has trouble.

Same, my Vita will give me friends updates as it is telling me it cannot connect for online play :(

Frustrating.

Same, my Vita will give me friends updates as it is telling me it cannot connect for online play :(

Frustrating.
When I enter the portal area and hit ok for online mode it says connected instantly. It's when I go to the menu and hit connect to random when it takes 10+ minutes to find a fucking game, its sad it doesn't have a browser or anything. Even SF4 has no problems..

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
This Fighter in my party is using ALL the fucking pots. The campsite is just chaos with four people and him just randomly dropping shit in peoples' cookware. He even dropped shit in my plate so I had to eat undercooked food.

Be a deadbeat, skip runes, treasures, whatever... just don't mess with my goddamn meal, man.

Three more talismans to go (Infernal) and I feel my Elf is a little below the level it should be, just hit 72. So far wasn't so bad for a lonely Elf but Ancient Dragon might be a problem if I won't level up. Anyway, Chimera, Red Dragon and Arch Demon left, wish me luck :D

MooMoo

For the Fighter's auto-defend skill, does it actually pull up the shield blocking animation or is it just a chance to negate damage?

Wow, going from Dwarf to Sorceresses is quite a change. Her levitate animation is full of win and hands down the best move in the game. I know she's depicted as sexy or sultry, but I think she's more cute than either of those, in motion at least

I think my time with Dragon's Crown is done. I'm a backlog warrior so I gotta keep things moving. Only 6 left after this!

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
So... it is possible to just solo the game, right? Even though the game preaches about working together and such.

Because I am playing as an Elf and the screen can get really cluttered with AI companions doing shit and sometimes I just lost my character in the amidst of chaos. More confusing if the AI companions are Elfs too.

Raxus

I stay right in the middle and use and an ice staff.
Cast blaze, then jump and up + circle (hold).
Nothing easier man.

Level 25. I didn't spec into blaze yet, I got meteor shower like an idiot.

So... it is possible to just solo the game, right? Even though the game preaches about working together and such.

Because I am playing as an Elf and the screen can get really cluttered with AI companions doing shit and sometimes I just lost my character in the amidst of chaos. More confusing if the AI companions are Elfs too.

Elf can melt almost any boss the further you get into her skills.

natertots

I'm looking to buy this game and by looking at this thread I can tell it is worth it. Can anyone make comparisons between this game and others? How's the replay value? Thanks in advance.

'

Settin

I'm looking to buy this game and by looking at this thread I can tell it is worth it. Can anyone make comparisons between this game and others? How's the replay value? Thanks in advance.

'

Have you played Diablo or any similar games? Playing the same content with a different character/playstyle is a huge part of Dragon's Crown.

Finally finished my elf run. Think im a move on for a while. Kinda burned myself out the 1st week

For the Fighter's auto-defend skill, does it actually pull up the shield blocking animation or is it just a chance to negate damage?

It does the animation. Comes in handy when your too busy busting heads to block and u hear the block noise.

MooMoo

It does the animation. Comes in handy when your too busy busting heads to block and u hear the block noise.
Thanks. Really need to get used to blocking more, too used to using evasions. It's really jarring going from my maxed out evasion elf to a single evasion fighter.

awesome, I'll keep this handy and hopefully will still be able to find it when/if I get a vita in a few months. thanks!

*looks at dust. game screen contains words super and dust. gaffer loves dust confirmed*
Well played N, well played...great catch! i do love me some SSD :D. and you're welcome! There's another brand out there, Bluecell is the company, they are like the fabled unicorn. Supposedly the best, but impossible to find. The ones in my link are soft silicone like. Advice for application: slide one side of the cover on the stick, then slide a dull toothpick like object between the stick and the cover, then "flip" the corners out. Works well once ya get the hang of it. And a future congrats on your purchase! My vita is my favorite piece of tech I own. Or ever owned. It's brought me nothing but joy! Make sure you swing the Vita OT!!

Thanks. Really need to get used to blocking more, too used to using evasions. It's really jarring going from my maxed out evasion elf to a single evasion fighter.

Lol that's my other character too! I had the same issue until I noticed all my skills r better after a block. It took me a few hours to get used to it. So now I'm like 2 days elf 2 days fighter so my mind can adjust to the different styles. I love the game for that

Top Bottom