• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Crown |OT| Knock down the crown

Seil

Dude he said "it was a free bonus".

The person that said they paid $70 on ebay and the person pointing out it was a free bonus, not a special edition feature are different people... The person you responded to never said he paid more than retail.

Drizzt519

Banned
Ah ok. I get a bit confused witb users while lookin at this place on tbe vita. The only posts that are easy to seoerate are my own because they are green.

Dpad movement really is the better option of the two, can't wait for the patch that lets you bring up item shortcuts on a button because doing up on analog is sort of janky.

Seil

Is there a way to change it? I would much prefer the d-pad over the analog nub. Its so hard for me to run.

Options > Controls

You can choose which you want to use for movement and item usage.

I also use the d-pad for movement; vastly prefer it.

Drizzt519

Banned
Sweet, thanks. So much easier to run now. Funny, it was right there in the options. Hell, I didnt even know how to use the shortcut thingys till someone posted how in here. Im a dope.

Im about to do some dungeon chaining with Bunquafa the Sorceress. I want to try out an ice staff. Ive only used lighting and fire. I have a crap load of lightning staves. I did an 8 or 9 chain last night (thats a shit load for me) and got a lot of A and S rank gear so im sure there is an ice staff in there somewhere.

HORRORSHØW

What's a good level to beat the Ancient Dragon on Infernal? I'm a level 77 Amazon and can only get it down to 1/4 health before dying. The damn skellies are so annoying.

Usobuko

Banned
Grimløck;76962923 said:
What's a good level to beat the Ancient Dragon on Infernal? I'm a level 77 Amazon and can only get it down to 1/4 health before dying. The damn skellies are so annoying.

Your level is good enough. If you can't, you can try this method as an Amazon. That was meant for getting the trophy in defeating it under 4 mins. The potions doesn't have to be large though, medium is sufficient. The end boss for Dragon Crown is the
Demon Lord
in the 9th floor of Labyrinth and to be honest he is simply a better boss to fight and test your skills without any aid.

Just get over and done with the Infernal difficulty. You'll unlock the 6th floor and beyond of LoC and iirc, the 6th floor give you a rather Lv80 good amulet for Amazon. Something like 'Gain 1% hp per attack' as well as other bonus effects.

GorillaJu

I love the art gallery - took screenshots of quite a few illustrations to use as my Vita wallpapers. Not sure my gf would be too happy with a few of my choices, though. ;)

HORRORSHØW

Your level is good enough. If you can't, you can try this method as an Amazon. That was meant for getting the trophy in defeating it under 4 mins. The potions doesn't have to be large though, medium is sufficient. The end boss for Dragon Crown is the
Demon Lord
in the 9th floor of Labyrinth and to be honest he is simply a better boss to fight and test your skills without any aid.

Just get over and done with the Infernal difficulty. You'll unlock the 6th floor and beyond of LoC and iirc, the 6th floor give you a rather Lv80 good amulet for Amazon. Something like 'Gain 1% hp per attack' as well as other bonus effects.
lol just read your tactic. Gonna give it a try tomorrow. Cheers.

I think it is okay.

The way they handle multiplayer is so bafflingly stupid that, if I didn't know better, I would have suspected it was a last minute addition and not something that was planned from the get-go.

Considering I got it as a multiplayer game, this soured my opinion of it quite a bit.

What's wrong with the MP? I don't think I've gotten to that point yet.....and I already have like 3+ hours on it. Unless that's what you mean.

ViviOggi

Wow. That's...nearly 3 weeks. If that's not a caveat for people using VGP, I dunno what is.

My MGS Legacy collection took less than a week a month ago, no idea what's up with Dragon's Crown. I've been hearing about issues at the German post and ridiculous wait times also for non-VGP orders recently, but at this point I'm rather fearing customs.

jimi_dini

Is there a list somewhere of the European retailers that will include the artbook?

All my searches said "artbook free on preorders (*)" "(*) selected retailers only", but nothing specific

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
So... random room means just that, randomly connecting to other people's room on the Net, right? If I want to allow people to join in, how can I do it? I should make room on my party list? Is that it?

Vita version can't join PS3 and vice versa?

Anyways, is anyone here willing to test playing online with me? Just want to try it. My PSN is LaughingBanana. My character is currently a level 19 Wizard.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Just took down the Ancient Dragon with a Lv. 35 Elf and an AI party (Wizard/Fighter/Sorceress). Shit wasn't even hard. Didn't even lose a life. And it's kinda funny how it's basically a direct ripoff (okay, homage) of Synn from Mystara. Except way easier.

Now time to do it all again! :lol Might try out a new character too.

Sanctuary

I did read it. Ice may aoe, but the freeze breaks all the time - where is the real value there? Stun sticks around for a long time.

It doesn't last that much longer than the Ice freeze, and you're lucky if you can hit more than two enemies at best unless it's just a swarm of goblins. On top of that, it has a very short range and the Ice freeze can be done up close in an area of effect, or from up in the air at a distance for an area of effect (less likely to freeze though due to only being able to get around 3 shots off). The other thing about Ice having a shorter duration is...so? Every attack with Ice has a chance to freeze, not just one. You'll be reapplying the chance for it to refreeze with every hit of every move. Lightning also has a chance to stun with many of it's attacks, but it seems to be at a much lower rate, and the moves are all more expensive to use on top of that.

Don't get me wrong, use Lightning if you think it's awesome, but CC isn't it's specialty.

Grisby

So... random room means just that, randomly connecting to other people's room on the Net, right? If I want to allow people to join in, how can I do it? I should make room on my party list? Is that it?

Vita version can't join PS3 and vice versa?

Anyways, is anyone here willing to test playing online with me? Just want to try it. My PSN is LaughingBanana. My character is currently a level 19 Wizard.
Yes, you join a random room. If you want people to join go to the tavern and set all four of your options to join and then connect online (by going to the stables). Start a level and real peeps will probably take the place of your AI dudes later on in the stage.

No cross play between platforms.

What's wrong with the MP? I don't think I've gotten to that point yet.....and I already have like 3+ hours on it. Unless that's what you mean.

It's a bit of a mess.

Aside from having to unlock it for every character, there are no real lobbies (the gate area and stable area are technically lobbies but come on), so theres no way to see who you're joining, where you're going, and how well the host's connection is for random join (but I guess thats why they call it random huh).

You pretty much just plop into someone's game no matter the progress and they can do the same to you.

Joining a friends game is a bit better but still.

There's some glitch out there that'll take you to a sort of black screen of death and not save much of what you gained during stage chaining that happens somewhat at random.

Yeah...could've been better.

Infinitydragon

Neo Member
Trying to solo the game with a sorceress ( No AI partners), and i am nearly done with the hard difficulty but i was wondering how well she does on infernal solo.

So far any boss fight especially ones that are more DPS focused have been really annoying and tedious.

It usually involves me casting protect and blizzard to get rid of the boss minions and then spamming my attacks as fast as possible hoping to kill the boss before time runs out.

Is this the case for sorceress in general or am i just doing something wrong?
I have no problem surviving with her or fighting any random mob , its just that her damage output is not great which makes timed boss battles really annoying.

Drizzt519

Banned
So, I fell asleep before I did any dungeons last night. I did figure out that you can have more than one weapon in a bag. So I have my sorceress using a bag with 3 staves and the rest of the slots are spells. That really makes her beastly.

Finally had the courage to sell Carolyn's hacked bones. No items! All right!! I've had those bones in my inventory for like 7 hours o_O

LaughingBanana, your room is full! I'll keep trying for now.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Man, and here I was afraid I wouldn't want to play the game any more after beating it with Elf. Shit, I only want to play it MORE now. Started up a Sorc just to try her out and holy shit she's fun. I may never stop playing this game. So good. GOTY candidate.

joesmokey

After reaching about lvl 20 or so, I've decided that the Wizard is just not for me. As much as I want to like him since I always play wizards, he doesn't seem fun to play at all (at least for me).

Trying a melee character next, but haven't decided which. Might go with Fighter to at least see how he plays.

There's that.

There's the fact that local co-op people don't match the same progress (so I, as player 2, did not get runes, but my girlfriend did, which made the golem activation exceptionally confusing), having to enter rooms one at a time just to repair equipment when there could have and should have just been a toggle to do it all at once since you share one money pool, that entering online games doesn't give you a choice about whether you want to go in somewhere that has already chosen their path or not (which wastes time when you really need to go to B-path but everyone is trying to minmax their loot time and only going on shorter and easier A paths), and no online voice chat to wrap it all up in a nice little package of "What the fuck were you guys thinking."

It doesn't last that much longer than the Ice freeze, and you're lucky if you can hit more than two enemies at best unless it's just a swarm of goblins. On top of that, it has a very short range and the Ice freeze can be done up close in an area of effect, or from up in the air at a distance for an area of effect (less likely to freeze though due to only being able to get around 3 shots off). The other thing about Ice having a shorter duration is...so? Every attack with Ice has a chance to freeze, not just one. You'll be reapplying the chance for it to refreeze with every hit of every move. Lightning also has a chance to stun with many of it's attacks, but it seems to be at a much lower rate, and the moves are all more expensive to use on top of that.

Don't get me wrong, use Lightning if you think it's awesome, but CC isn't it's specialty.
I guess my experience is pretty much the opposite. Ice lasts only for a second or two, while Stun lasts a good 7-8 seconds. Ice is a 30% chance, d+O with Lightning is a 100% chance. Lightning feels like the CC element to me, and Ice is just "why are you there?"

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Think I'm starting to feel burned out on the game. Have an 85 Sorceress in inferno and just beat normal again with a 33 Elf. Linking skill point rewards to sidequests seemed like a good idea during the first run but repeating sidequests on a second character is super boring.

Giolon

I love the art gallery - took screenshots of quite a few illustrations to use as my Vita wallpapers. Not sure my gf would be too happy with a few of my choices, though. ;)

lol, can't believe I never thought to do this!

There was a website I'd never heard of that has all the unlockable artwork in HD, so I downloaded it all and rehosted it in a Flickr gallery. I also put them all in a ZIP on my personal web space for people to download. See: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=76095299&postcount=4833

I now use the Amazon epilogue artwork as my PS3 wallpaper. :D

Ultimadrago

Just took down the Ancient Dragon with a Lv. 35 Elf and an AI party (Wizard/Fighter/Sorceress). Shit wasn't even hard. Didn't even lose a life. And it's kinda funny how it's basically a direct ripoff (okay, homage) of Synn from Mystara. Except way easier.

Now time to do it all again! :lol Might try out a new character too.

Yeah, Ancient Dragon is much easier than Synn. His fire breath mega move isn't even close to a near guaranteed instant kill!

Man, and here I was afraid I wouldn't want to play the game any more after beating it with Elf. Shit, I only want to play it MORE now. Started up a Sorc just to try her out and holy shit she's fun. I may never stop playing this game. So good. GOTY candidate.

I'm also impressed with how much the game took a hold of me even after beating Normal. It remained largely fun throughout too! I'm glad you're having a good time with it as well, Seraphis.

Kamina

Golden Boy
I am on Lv34 with my Elf and a little stuck atm. Can't kill the Red Dragon before
the sequence where it falls of the edge.
The NPC characters are useless at best and I cant seem to find anyone online that wants to join me...

I also started a Dwarf play-through now. That little fellow with his Hammers looks just awesome and I love doing body-slams or throw enemies around like pillows.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
I am on Lv34 with my Elf and a little stuck atm. Can't kill the Red Dragon before
the sequence where it falls of the edge.
The NPC characters are useless at best and I cant seem to find anyone online that wants to join me...

I also started a Dwarf play-through now. That little fellow with his Hammers looks just awesome and I love doing body-slams or throw enemies around like pillows.
Take out 1/3 to 1/2 of its health while in the treasure room and you should have more than enough time to kill it before the time limit.

Raxus

Think I'm starting to feel burned out on the game. Have an 85 Sorceress in inferno and just beat normal again with a 33 Elf. Linking skill point rewards to sidequests seemed like a good idea during the first run but repeating sidequests on a second character is super boring.

I just saved mine and blasted through the game with high level allies. When I went to hard mode I loaded up on quests and just completed them as I ran through. They can be tedious doing one at a time though.

Giolon

I am in a similar position, just got a 65 Amazon into Inferno and have a 38 Sorceress and a 36 Elf, and I still love playing the game as much as ever. I actually find doing the quests on new characters entertaining b/c once they're all gone in the middle of Hard mode, there's really nothing left but a straight grind of XP and loot. The objectives keep me entertained by changing things up. Even though there are 50 of them, I can't help but wish there were even more quests.

I'm praying that against all odds that this game will have DLC. Dark Elf Beastmaster could be amazing! I find it really bizarre that there's a link in the PS3 version to the original version of the Playstation Store that just completely doesn't work once you get inside of it. What would a link like that be for if not DLC?

Is there likely to be a demo? I've been on the fence for a while now...

There was some talk of a demo in the week before the game came out, but I never saw anything form an official source. It's too bad that they don't so people like you could check it out. However, the game suffers the same kind of "problem" of most games with leveling systems in that the characters don't really grow into their specialty until about Level 15, and they can't really start to be considered complete until around 35. The two factors that really keep me coming back to the game time and time again or the unique mechanics and strategies that come with playing each of the different characters and the loot system.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
The Red Dragon
raped my level 27 Wizard, ahahahaha.

Got some help from a random person joining in (an Elf) but the Elf was destroyed too along with me, ahahahaha......... :(

Help please :(

In random, do the game select a session suited to your level? Or really random as in a level 20 character can get thrown into a level 40 level?

MooMoo

The Red Dragon

Got some help from a random person joining in (an Elf) but the Elf was destroyed too along with me, ahahahaha......... :(

In random, do the game select a session suited to your level? Or really random as in a level 20 character can get thrown into a level 40 level?
If you have the Vita version I can help you out. PSN is yoshiDeKiller.

Not sure about coop. I'm almost sure that you can only be tossed into a game of similar difficulty. Other than that, levels don't really matter.

Giolon

The Red Dragon

You can be grouped with any characters that are playing on your difficulty. Normal goes up to Level 35, Hard up to 65 (If you play with a higher level character on those difficulties, their stats get capped to those levels). It doesn't matter too much though because if people choose different paths, the game just splits into different sessions seamlessly. You should also only pick up bones near-ish your character level, but I have seen L99 hacked bones show up on Normal. :(

As for the
Red Dragon, maybe people can offer some more advice that play more caster, but I had a hell of a time on Sorceress. My advice is to open w/ Meteor while he's sleeping, and beat on him in the room as much as you can withstand. When it's too much b/c of fire, rocks, quakes, etc. then take him out into the hallway.

Stand under his head w/ an ice rod and spam tornados and the down attack. Be sure to follow the narrator's instructions at obvious times.

The Ballistas can do a lot of damage, but you have to hit his face (be about mid-way up the screen, and you can adjust the angle while holding Square).

It's still definitely the boss I have the hardest time with by far.

For bosses in general as the Wizard, Storm does a nice amount of long duration passive damage.

I can also volunteer to come in and help. I have both Vita and PS3. Name is CyberElf05 on PSN.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
If you have the Vita version I can help you out. PSN is yoshiDeKiller.

Not sure about coop. I'm almost sure that you can only be tossed into a game of similar difficulty. Other than that, levels don't really matter.

You can be grouped with any characters that are playing on your difficulty. Normal goes up to Level 35, Hard up to 65 (If you play with a higher level character on those difficulties, their stats get capped to those levels). It doesn't matter too much though because if people choose different paths, the game just splits into different sessions seamlessly. You should also only pick up bones near-ish your character level, but I have seen L99 hacked bones show up on Normal. :(

As for the
Red Dragon, maybe people can offer some more advice that play more caster, but I had a hell of a time on Sorceress. My advice is to open w/ Meteor while he's sleeping, and beat on him in the room as much as you can withstand. When it's too much b/c of fire, rocks, quakes, etc. then take him out into the hallway.

Stand under his head w/ an ice rod and spam tornados and the down attack. Be sure to follow the narrator's instructions at obvious times.

The Ballistas can do a lot of damage, but you have to hit his face (be about mid-way up the screen, and you can adjust the angle while holding Square).

It's still definitely the boss I have the hardest time with by far.

For bosses in general as the Wizard, Storm does a nice amount of long duration passive damage.

I can also volunteer to come in and help. I have both Vita and PS3. Name is CyberElf05 on PSN.

I'll add you both later when I got back from work (my PSN is LaughingBanana). Arranging proper time to coop can be tough though, since I live in Indonesia and the time difference between here and you two (I assume US) are kind of massive :( For reference, the time I submit this post is 8.38 A.M.

Anyways, I also have trouble with
Wraith
. Not really sure what to do with the statue to make the boss vulnerable, lighten them up with a torch? Can't seem to find a torch anywhere due to the chaos on the screen, gahhhhh.

I only need the items for those two to proceed. Got the rest of the necessary items from joining other random rooms last night, hahahaha.

And oh yeah, forgot to mention, mine is Vita only.

silvon

Is it worth it to do the queen's requests on Hard? She keeps giving me a new quest after I complete one, and all I get from them are golds.

Top Bottom