• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Crown |OT| Knock down the crown

Sanctuary

This game is as much an "RPG" as what Diablo 2 and Diablo 3 were. If you consider those RPGs. I never really did, but I can understand why others would. And those games are listed as Action/RPGs anyway. If not for the ability to customize your stats and skills, they would have been listed under Action/Adventure.

Well, you are 'playing' a 'role'...

You are "playing a role" in Super Mario Brothers and Halflife too. So if you want to get technical, every single game that you play a character other than yourself is a roleplaying game. That's not really what defines RPGs for video games though. It used to be more about the adventure (typically high fantasy), stats, gear and dungeons. Zelda was almost an RPG.

Velcro Fly

Pretty sure I have all the boss foods cooked and eaten. Likely only missing a couple foods I overlooked. Probably just going to go through the 'always there' foods again slowly to make sure I'm getting them cooked in both. i did most of this early this morning when I was tired so it's definitely possible I missed some of those. The boss ones I remember getting.

An in game checklist would have been the best idea ever!

RangerBAD

Okay, since I got Fighter to 99 I have a few questions:

1.)What should I do to insure I can get the 4 minute trophy for beating Infernal?

2.)I have 15 skill points left. What should I put them in or should I use an Amnesia Elixir and start over with skills?

3.)Does the Amnesia Elixir give you back your skills from quests and levels or just levels?

That's bummer to hear I need to beat Infernal to finish up the Labyrinth. I was hoping to do that trophy before beating the game.

koryuken

Deadly Revolution
Punisher
Brandish
Berserk
War Paint

Iron Will means you never have to buy stalwart pots.

I would add Adrenaline to the list since it ups your damage significantly -- you have multiple damage bonuses stacked the lower your hp becomes (at 75%, 50%, 25%). I used Incite Rage, but then I re-speced and realized that Iron Will is soooo much better for the higher difficulties. The best thing about this skill is not that it has knock-back immunity, but the 10HP max damage from all sources. This allows you to stay on a mob and receive DMG bonuses from Adrenaline without the fear of 1 hit killing you.

Even with Incite Rage and War Paint, the bosses on Hard/Infernal do not die in seconds. I am pretty sure that its almost impossible to play in the Labyrynth of Chaos on Infernal and use the Incite Rage skill.

Are potions finite in shops?

Like if I buy all the healing potions, will the shop restock them or or they gone for good?

Also what the hell is up with the restock number under the number of uses per dungeon?

Hey guys, do you have any tips on how to level up pretty fast?

I beat the Infernal with Elf and after that was around level 72/73 I think, did long as run yesterday and went up to 83, then I went for another run and went up only to 85, it takes forever to level up now.

What's your way of doing it, please share :D

koryuken

I beat the Infernal with Elf and after that was around level 72/73 I think, did long as run yesterday and went up to 83, then I went for another run and went up only to 85, it takes forever to level up now.

I would suggest that you start working the Chaos Labyrinth (chain runs).

Giolon

Are potions finite in shops?

Like if I buy all the healing potions, will the shop restock them or or they gone for good?

Also what the hell is up with the restock number under the number of uses per dungeon?

Shop inventory is finite, but refreshes after every time you leave and come back to town.

Restock Number means how many uses you have in reserve. This reserve is pulled from to restock any usages of the item in a dungeon.

For example: Potion (S) x3, Restock: 12

This means that you have a Potion (S). You can use it 3 times per excursion from town. When you return to town, say you used it two times. Two uses will be pulled from the Restock pool to restore your item to 3 uses. You will now be left with: Potion (S) x3, Restock: 10.

RangerBAD

Chaining dungeons with the round score modifier in the Pray section of the temple.

maomaoIYP

I would add Adrenaline to the list since it ups your damage significantly -- you have multiple damage bonuses stacked the lower your hp becomes (at 75%, 50%, 25%). I used Incite Rage, but then I re-speced and realized that Iron Will is soooo much better for the higher difficulties. The best thing about this skill is not that it has knock-back immunity, but the 10HP max damage from all sources. This allows you to stay on a mob and receive DMG bonuses from Adrenaline without the fear of 1 hit killing you.

Even with Incite Rage and War Paint, the bosses on Hard/Infernal do not die in seconds. I am pretty sure that its almost impossible to play in the Labyrynth of Chaos on Infernal and use the Incite Rage skill.

My lvl 99 amazon doesn't use iron will but takes incite rage. If you're relying on a skill to prevent knockback instead of using her i-frames and parry, you're playing the amazon wrong. Incite rage is meant as a desperation move for boss fights. If you only have enough health to last one more attack, bust it out and abuse brandish. Also, iron will makes all hits do 10 damage, even hits that were supposed to do less than that.

Raxus

No one has any strategies for getting the 4 minuted ancient dragon trophy with a 99 Fighter?

This strategy doesn't work?
tumblr_mkxumvVprh1qg0y0wo2_250.gif

Have you guys seen this?

Never tried smacking this chick around but will next time I play. He has more DC art at his Tumblr good stuff. http://dashxero.tumblr.com/

That was actually posted early on in the thread...but that was, like, a hundred pages ago now. Hah. She really is impossible to hit...but you can totally knock over that other big guy. Not sure about the kid.

Anyway, if you really want more Dragon's Crown art, visit my two Minus albums dedicated to the game:
http://kdash31987.minus.com/moPuYQx98rY96
http://kdash31987.minus.com/mdAQqmGvfNrtm

They've been posted before (and are also in the OP), but not enough! :p
I still update them regularly.

I need to get back to playing. I haven't played it again since I beat it with the Elf about a week ago. I got distracted by a few other games, and I've also been waiting for this one friend of mine in Europe to get his import copy in the mail so we could play together. Not sure when that's happening...but hopefully soon.

Velcro Fly

Finally got Gourmand!

Big relief having that one. 50k points at camp is going to be a pain. Probably will need to just hang out online until I get a good group to help with that one.

So far behind you guys - just beat normal for the first time with my dwarf. I went ahead and did a level of Labyrinth of Chaos but now I'm not sure - maybe I'll start a new character. I imagine if i took it all the way to Infernal with my dwarf it'd probably be pretty underwhelming starting normal with other characters. Or does unlocked difficulty carry over?

Love it when people at camp steal your food. :p

Anywho, been having some great games on the Vita. Actually doubled my playtime with it. Just about done with hard, then I guess it's on to Infernal. Should be fun!

Sgblues

I've had a person online cooking in all the pots and putting food in people's plates as soon as they get the option too, was truly a wtf moment.

maomaoIYP

Finally got Gourmand!

Big relief having that one. 50k points at camp is going to be a pain. Probably will need to just hang out online until I get a good group to help with that one.

You will never get that one with a group.
Try this, start at forgotten sanctuary path B, then old capital path B, continue after the red dragon to get camp with the dragon meat and demon heart.

Well I can understand that if you cook the food well but not when they put food in the pot and then put it in your plate just like that, especially boss ingredients.

Yeah there's some high-level strategy to it, which is why if there are 4 active players I might leave food on my plate til I have something I want to scoop up. If I'm just cooking for myself or one other player I can keep a rapid rotation with all 4 pots, but if everyone's cooking at once someone might just dump stuff in your plate to clear the pot for something else, or if they don't understand the mechanic or are being trolls.

Velcro Fly

Poster on GameFAQs said you can get 56k+ solo by cooking minotaur and harpy eggs fully twice and eating them yourself. Going to try it and hope it works. I noticed doing Gourmand that those two ingredients respawned quickly enough.

Was too slow to cook both fully two times but got 40k points by myself. Two cooked fully and one cooked with one spice.

The control is super clunky on the mini game though. That is what ruins it.

edit: Going to try the forgotten sanctuary/old capital route and see what happens. I know one boss food fully cooked gives 25k. you only get one though. And the two stages/bosses in a row to get them are brutal back to back =/

Kurod

Banned
Two hours of playtime nullified by the infamous network time out. Any word on a patch? This is getting really frustrating.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Two hours of playtime nullified by the infamous network time out. Any word on a patch? This is getting really frustrating.

Hmm, don't you just keep playing even if when people gets disconnected? In Vita, I mean. I mean, I joined some guy's room and then another person joining in, but after a bit of "synchronizing" action they suddenly both got disconnected but... I still continue to play on the dungeon.

Maybe I am misunderstanding/misremembering something.

Hmm, don't you just keep playing even if when people gets disconnected? In Vita, I mean. I mean, I joined some guy's room and then another person joining in, but after a bit of "synchronizing" action they suddenly both got disconnected but... I still continue to play on the dungeon.

When you disconnect with the host while loading a new dungeon it'll keep trying to connect til you quit the game from PS, there will be a black screen and you can move a cursor but there's no way out of the black screen.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
When you disconnect with the host while loading a new dungeon it'll keep trying to connect til you quit the game from PS, there will be a black screen and you can move a cursor but there's no way out of the black screen.

Ahh, I see. I never had it happened to me during the Now Loading screen though.

All this talk about the game that I don't understand (cooking food, etc) makes me realize I still have a LOT of game left and things to experience. I just now got to the point that I can finally play online. I think I'm gonna try to get to that point with all the characters while I'm waiting for my friend to pick up the game

Velcro Fly

If the controls on the cooking weren't so awful! I swear it took me about 10 seconds to click on salt and that slowed me down so much that I didn't have time to fully cook. 43.6k. So frustrating. It would honestly be so easy with a second person cooking with the other 6 materials and feeding the other three people. I swear the controls slow me down just enough every time where I'm like one or two spices or a stir away from being able to reliably get 50k.

Also hilariously I had like +400 HP, attack +41% and score +30%.

Man, Rogue Rannie cracks me up sometimes.

*goes to a treasure chest*

"Oh, yes!"

*picks lock*

"Oh, crap."

*rocks fall, everyone in the party is flattened*

Ultimadrago

Man, Rogue Rannie cracks me up sometimes.

"Oh, crap."

*rocks fall, everyone in the party is flattened*

This one in particular has me laughing every time. The rock falls so fast!

On a similar note, I have a nice time saying "D'aaw." whenever the random Thief comes around my treasure and lets out a weak "Mine~" before I smash him into oblivion.

Kurod

Banned

That's happened before too. What I'm talking about is after running a few dungeons and in the middle of another connection issues come up. First you have multiple "synchronizing with other players", then the "connection time out returning to town" message, and finally you're looking across the bar table at Rannie's smug face as you get NO xp, money, talismans, or credit for any quests you completed for any of the dungeons you did finish.

Coming off a Sorc, what kinda skills should I be grabbing on an Amazon? Adrenaline? Berserk? Slide kick?

No. Never slide kick. Never.

Berserk, Adrenaline, War Paint. Deadly Revolution, Punisher, Adroit Hands (so you can quickly apply multiple class skill buffs), and finally BRANDIIIIIIISSSSSSH!!!!!!! These are required as an Amazon to be fully effective.

Then you can either go Incite Rage or Iron Will.

Incite Rage works fine on normal and hard but is a little more dangerous on Infernal and especially deep in LoC. Iron Will is much safer overall and many people in floors 80+ of LoC seem to go with Iron Will instead of Incite Rage.

Don't bother with Neck Splitter. Stun Wave is alright, but I didn't bother maxing it.

Top Bottom