• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Crown |OT| Knock down the crown

Eterniti

Whats with the puzzle room in the underground labyrinth? Are there any hints in the room?

Only hints you'll get are during the 2nd half of the game when the corresponding quest unlocks. Otherwise, the solution has been posted plenty of times on this thread!

But it even made a "snapping" sound when Randy bit into it....

Hey. I was a kid. He was the Macho Man. It didn't have to make sense to me. It was the 80s, man. Lotta stuff got a pass....

anyway, i'll redeem myself when i unlock coop online soon. My dwarf shall channel the Slim Jim once again.

forge76

Skyzard

Banned
So if you only use 1 potion, it uses 1 restock and 3 uses 3 restocks, etc.?

The more expensive potion packs allow you 3-4 uses per dungeon (or outing?), I assume that only takes 1 restock each time. You can't go over that amount.

Sorry, really want to play more but I'm supposed to be packing :p

Eterniti

The more expensive potion packs allow you 3-4 uses per dungeon (or outing?), I assume that only takes 1 restock each time. You can't go over that amount.

Sorry, really want to play more but I'm supposed to be packing :p

I'm packing to move in a couple of weeks here. And I'm inclined to either pop in P3P or Dragon's Crown now that everyone has it xD. Will be playing as soon as I get done with dinner here.

Caerith

I'm packing to move in a couple of weeks here. And I'm inclined to either pop in P3P or Dragon's Crown now that everyone has it xD. Will be playing as soon as I get done with dinner here.
How far are you in P3 and is it your first time? 'Cause if it's your first time and you're close to finishing, at least get it out of the way because Dragon's Crown will be monopolizing your Vita for a long time.

Amazon says I'll still get the art book with an order. How long do you think that'll be available?
I think the supply of art books is limited in number and each vendor was allocated a set number. Newegg obviously sold more games than they had art books (and didn't bother telling people they wouldn't be getting books), whereas apparently Amazon has more books than they sold games.

I honestly don't think the book will be available for long.

Carnby

do choices made in the cut scenes actually have an effect on the outcome? For example if I chose to run or do something cowardly will it end the side quest?

Ellite25

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to use potions. I can press the d-pad until it shows up but when I press any of the buttons nothing seems to happen.

Eterniti

How far are you in P3 and is it your first time? 'Cause if it's your first time and you're close to finishing, at least get it out of the way because Dragon's Crown will be monopolizing your Vita for a long time.

Actually my first time really sitting down and playing through P3P as the dude. I had FES for a while then, of course, I made the "mistake" of playing P4 first. It was tough even attempting P3 after that. I got to 14F on my current playthrough.

Also, I'm online right now on my Vita if anyone wants to play. You can add me on PSN:

EternityInBlack

Veggy

My vita copy is arriving today, gotta keep looking out for UPS since my doorbell is broken

My body is ready

Just had some great online games with a couple a randoms who were good fun.

I'm pretty sure that after I'm done with Dragon's Crown, my life will be in shambles.

Sorry if this has already been asked, but when does online co-op become available? Frustrating trying to jump online with friends only to find you can't right away.

Sanctuary

You're talking about Rapid Shot in that first part. I'm talking about Impact Shot. Impact shot is when you hold O in the air and let off an attack at a downward angle that does shockwave damage as well as DoT through poison/fire.

Impact (arrow) is a passive buff. Holding O is something you can do from the start on the ground and in the air. Impact isn't that great until you have higher levels of it, and it really shines with crouched charges and clone strikes. I also already figured out what you were talking about, which is why I said you had to improve the evasion skill.

Gartooth

I try to play this game smart and use tactics in combat, and then the screen gets cluttered with players/enemies and I just mash because I have trouble keeping up. It'd be easier if AI adventurers didn't just drop in randomly while I'm in a level.

MooMoo

I try to play this game smart and use tactics in combat, and then the screen gets cluttered with players/enemies and I just mash because I have trouble keeping up. It'd be easier if AI adventurers didn't just drop in randomly while I'm in a level.
Go to the Dragon's Inn > Choose Allies > use Triangle to toggle join on/off for all the slots.

ThisOne

Is there matchmaking with randoms or do I have to play with people on my friends list? I'm also conflicted about whether to get it on Vita or PS3...

Skyzard

Banned
Guys, it's time you start weening yourself off consoles. Gaming is dead. Pack your vitas while you can and prepare for the darkest timeline.

vita is perfect for DC, plus you can collect treasure and things (which you do often) a lot more conveniently. framedrops do happen though, not too severe so far for me, overall I think Vita takes it by about 30%. More if you value convenience and portability.

My first real rpg with the vita so it was a no-brainer for me. That and I barely touch the PS3 anymore.

pretty sure you can play with randoms, that would be silly otherwise. I read a post recently with someone saying he had a couple of fun games with randoms too.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
SmgeOh4.jpg

Pretty good drop considering I'm a wizard. Not that I want to get damaged at all but yeah.

This is my first Vanillaware game and it's way better than I expected. The game is absolutely gorgeous and genuinely fun. I'm thinking about picking up Muramasa Rebirth now.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I wonder if I approach Dwarf wrong or if I just suck (probably). Built up his throwing skills and bombs, but the I'm getting my ass handed to me by bosses in my 20s. =/ I don't seem to do enough damage and my AI partners...well, they get dealt with quickly. =(

Any tips from the Dwarves?

This game is like a fun time vacuum. I say to myself "I'll just do a couple of sidequests for now, then take a break and get into the madness a little later.

Nope. Been working on sidequests for a good couple of hours now. So much so that I only ended up getting two talismans. That and I decided to just go through the gate and grind on A path for a while on a great streak and leveled up a lot, and it's to the point where I'm overleveled for most of the talisman quest lol.

Though from the skill points I got from leveling up and clearing sidequests I'm really fleshing out some of the skills I have on my Sorceress, it's getting a little easier to keep MP flowing now, levitation's great for it's magic damage buff (and allows for great air mobility, double jump, then evade button for a third jump, then press jump again for Air Dash, I can cover large distances and get away from tight spots momentarily with ease). I'm considering dropping Ice Prison in favor of Blizzard, on another note. Though Rock Drop is great, it just feels so satisfying to kill the Harpy by dropping a giant fucking rock on it's head lol.

Top Bottom