• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Crown |OT| Knock down the crown

luffeN

How do you use the items after assigning a shortcut? There has to be a modifier for this.

Edit: Okay, press UP on the d-pad.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
The one where you gotta get hit 5 times by hellhounds? I got it done with AI partners. It wasn't right away because they go into kill mode when they see them, but it can be done over time. Obviously though no AI would speed it up.
If you just look for their fire attack you can rack up all 5 hits needed right then and there. Each burn tick counts.

Dinjooh

Package arrived!

aHVHhwF.jpg

Now to make the next 5 hours go super fast 'till closing time.

Did everyone enter the 4 messages for resurrection, dying, etc? What did you guys put? Does the character actually say these things or it just pops up onscreen?

Fighter (Maximus):

Greeting Message: The honor is mine.

Selection Message: To glory!

Resurrection Message: I... Can... FIGHT!!!

Dying Message: Avenge me...

Totally destroying with Elf. No hit
the kraken
on lvl 25.

Elf (Mara)

Greeting Message: Elfen haben doofe Ohren. (Elves got stupid ears)

Selection Message: Ibuki on the scene!

Resurrection Message: Cannon Spike!

Dying Message: They came from behind.

Dinjooh

Lucky you! May I ask in which country you are and from which shop did you buy the game?

I ordered it from Amazon US, with Special delivery (2 days?) and i'm from Denmark.

Import fees and shipping ended up being the same price as the game, effectively doubling the price, but oh well - I do like these types of games so insanely much.

jwk94

I feel as though I'm missing something with the elf. Does she have any skills besides the one that conjures a dagger? It seems like everything else just buffs her arrow attacks.

Man, the dwarf is so much fun. I'm just flying all over the place, ricoheting of the walls and ceiling like a madman, dropping bombs and pulling T. Hawk moves out of my ass.

It's so fun to just ignore all the crap on the ground, and just Jump > Jump > Evade > Evade > Eagle Dive with Bomb clusters. Then I'm just tossing baddies against the screen like bad habits.

Good times.

Anyway, I updated my Dwarf's messages a bit:

Name: YOLOTHOR
Greeting: Ska-doosh!!
Selection: Kaboooom!!
Resurrection: SNAP INTO A SLIM JIM!!
(I got it right this time guys)
Dying: HEY GUYS! Check out my new bom-

luffeN

I ordered it from Amazon US, with Special delivery (2 days?) and i'm from Denmark.

Import fees and shipping ended up being the same price as the game, effectively doubling the price, but oh well - I do like these types of games so insanely much.

Were you in for the artbook? I bought $50 PSN credit from Amazon US (credit card doesn't matter as long as your address is somewhere in the US) and was able to download it for the PSN price, which is about 38 Euros.

Dinjooh

Were you in for the artbook? I bought $50 PSN credit from Amazon US (credit card doesn't matter as long as your address is somewhere in the US) and was able to download it for the PSN price, which is about 38 Euros.

I don't really care for the artbook no, but physical is a must have for me - and i'll gladly pay a bit more for it.

Abylim

Imported this, and holy shit. I have been following this since it was announced, been hyped to hell, and I am blown away at how awesome everything is.

It doesnt just do a serviceable job at everything, it is actually great! Great combat, levelling is decent but skill points and skills put it into greatness. The loot system, appraising and different abilities on the loot makes it fucking great.

Blown away!
Also, fuck being in Australia sometimes =\

I m running a fighter and having a blast.

Name: Bedevere
Greeting: "Let the Beat Drop"
Selection: "For the Glory"
Resurrection: "This shan't happen again"
Dying: "Fuck your couch!!"

Okay so i'm doing a quest and I'm confused:

I need to kill 10 Owlbears...where the hell are the owlbears (I swear I found them at the Lost Woods but I've gone there repeatedly and no encounter)?

If anyone knows where these bastards spawn I'd be in your debt!

maomaoIYP

Okay so i'm doing a quest and I'm confused:

I need to kill 10 Owlbears...where the hell are the owlbears (I swear I found them at the Lost Woods but I've gone there repeatedly and no encounter)?

If anyone knows where these bastards spawn I'd be in your debt!

The very first encounter at the mages tower spawns them quite regularly. I take the horse there, kill whatever spawns, quit and repeat. Remember to open the chest to offset the horse fee.

repeater

I'm in EU, getting seriously infected by all the hype and am considering importing the Vita version. But I'm a bit worried about the framerate in online multiplayer - how common and bad are the framerate drops when you're playing with other people on the Vita? In Soul Sacrifice, if you did 4 player co-op online against certain bosses, using certain graphically intensive spells, the game would be almost unplayable. (I loved SS anyway, but..) So how's DC in this department?

ced

I couldn't take it and got it.

Wife and I played the first 3 dungeons, levels, whatever they are. It's a lot of fun, but I think I'm playing my dwarf wrong going by people talking about bombs n stuff.

Qvoth

The girls turn into vampires if they kill them.

Also, killing X number of monsters can be done in multiple runs. It's actually better to do multiple runs since you can grind loot and xp at the same time.

edit: Also playing elf and wow elf is soooo overpowered. Daggers and mashing backstab is just unfair :lol And that's not even counting impact arrow + multi arrow.

someone mentioned they give 1000 bonus score per girl alive at the end of your quest
seems like they still end up as vampires anyway even after beating the boss without any of them dead

maomaoIYP

someone mentioned they give 1000 bonus score per girl alive at the end of your quest
seems like they still end up as vampires anyway even after beating the boss without any of them dead

That was me, I misremembered, they give 3000 a piece. Not really worth the risk of having a more difficult fight, but if you've got a good dps they make great lures.

Tokubetsu

Very first game online...three amazons.

Nah it's a misunderstanding. The way he tells the story, he's not referring to the girls you save at the end. He's basically talking about all the other girls that had been lured there over the years (remember whole point of the quest was to figure out what was going on in the castle). You still get bonuses or w/e for keeping all three alive.

maomaoIYP

I've cleared a few of the B routes, but haven't gotten any of the nine things I'm looking for. What am I doing wrong?

Hint:
Some of them are timed, while some of them you need to fulfill special conditions. If you see the "you have escaped" screen after the fight, you didn't do it correctly.

Tokubetsu

Ancient Temple B Route Boss question
How do you dodge Medusa's gaze/petrification? Or is it strictly an item thing?

Side Note: Real talk, fuck whoever is running the stables. You can't treat a frequent costumer like this. It's not right.

maomaoIYP

Ancient Temple B Route Boss question
How do you dodge Medusa's gaze/petrification? Or is it strictly an item thing?

Side Note: Real talk, fuck whoever is running the stables. You can't treat a frequent costumer like this. It's not right.

Face your character away from her face
Also stable prices are increased as your level increases.

HT UK

Hopefully my Vita version from VGP will be there when I get home today.

Out of curiosity, how much is the digital PS3 version from the US PSN? Tempted to buy the PS3 version digitally for cross save stuff.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
do we know what carries over on NG+? levels? skills? items?

or do you start over at level 1 with nothing but a higher difficulty?

paycheck deposits in half an hour cant wait to get this download rolling. hopefully i wake up in time to play a while. was going to make a chicken. but fuck chicken when i can crown dragons and order in

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I never quite expected to play what is, IMO, the greatest beat'em up ever made, in 2013. This game shouldn't exist. But oh I am so glad it does. What a masterclass. Rocking dat Elf too.

JokerAceX

okay so i've been trying to figure this out for the last couple visits to that dungeon but i give up....so
does anyone know what that color code is for the chest in Wallace's Labyrinth?!?!

Item Box

do we know what carries over on NG+? levels? skills? items?

or do you start over at level 1 with nothing but a higher difficulty?
Everything gets carried over to the next difficulty.

Speaking of NG+, I've been bumping up in levels much faster than on normal, and the game doesn't feel much harder at all so far.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
A shame the 50 million elves playing online don't know how to be OP. Everyone keeps using bad melee attacks and dodging all boss fight :v

orion434

So what kind of build is the Elf supposed to be over-powered? I'm at a low-level but I find her kind of lacking so far. I must be doing it wrong :(

Tokubetsu

A shame the 50 million elves playing online don't know how to be OP. Everyone keeps using bad melee attacks and dodging all boss fight :v

I've seen one elf. It's nothing but amazons for days and the occasional sorc for me.

What sorc spellbooks are decent? I've been kinda not taking any.

Top Bottom