• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Crown |OT| Knock down the crown

hitmon

Am I the only one switching between classes constantly? I've been switching between sorc, amazon, and fighter and they all play differently. Most likely I'll try out the elf next. At this rate, I don't think I'll be playing MP anytime soon. I do seem to die a lot, but this game is really fun.

Ultimadrago

I wonder if I approach Dwarf wrong or if I just suck (probably). Built up his throwing skills and bombs, but the I'm getting my ass handed to me by bosses in my 20s. =/ I don't seem to do enough damage and my AI partners...well, they get dealt with quickly. =(

Any tips from the Dwarves?

Throw harder.
Seriously, throw anyone and anything.

Also Power Smash.
Level that Thor swag and abuse it. It turns bosses and mobs into mush.

I haven't messed with bombs actually. I usually forget to use those types of things. I do have Fire barrel and a couple points in explosion strength just in case it comes to mind. But at this time throwing like a madman and Power Smashing through skulls has made me Dwarf very well.

It also helps that those two things are fun as hell for me.

njean777

So
I got to the part now where I need to find the 9 amulets, I assume I will only get those if I go with path B during the levels correct?
Also is there a reason to continue in some levels? Are the levels actually longer then after the first boss?

Bogeypop

Yoo, I was watching a 4-player Dragon's Crown stream yesterday and it seemed like they hardly got S-rank loot. Then I play today and about two and a half to three hours in I'm fully decked out in all S-rank gear. I did have a bunch of +Luck gear though. I did notice the loot seemed to spread between their multiple classes so that might have had something to do with it. I'd say 90% of the gear I've found solo has been Elf gear.

Tokubetsu

Yoo, I was watching a 4-player Dragon's Crown stream yesterday and it seemed like they hardly got S-rank loot. Then I play today and about two and a half to three hours in I'm fully decked out in all S-rank gear. I did have a bunch of +Luck gear though. I did notice the loot seemed to spread between their multiple classes so that might have had something to do with it. I'd say 90% of the gear I've found solo has been Elf gear.

I've put in 11ish hours and only have like 3 or 4 S gear drop. I'm bad wtih the multy loot stuff though.

So
I got to the part now where I need to find the 9 amulets, I assume I will only get those if I go with path B during the levels correct?
Also is there a reason to continue in some levels? Are the levels actually longer then after the first boss?

Yes the talismans can only be obtained on B path levels.
Also the A path levels don't get longer, but the enemies do get a difficulty bump, making it better for level ups/aka not just stomping all over them.

npa189

Just resurrected the Wizard. I'm really happy with this game, its a really good beat-em' up, but with depth. I just might double dip for the PS3 version next week, but I'm loving it on vita.

Caerith

Actually my first time really sitting down and playing through P3P as the dude. I had FES for a while then, of course, I made the "mistake" of playing P4 first. It was tough even attempting P3 after that. I got to 14F on my current playthrough.

Also, I'm online right now on my Vita if anyone wants to play. You can add me on PSN:

EternityInBlack
I started FES with my girlfriend, played P4 solo (she already had), and finished FES after beating P4. While I missed some of P4's improvements (music that didn't take forever to start, not having to rely on AI, being able to choose romance vs friendship), none of that held a candle to the Hermit ("online gamer") S.Link.

Still, if you're only just getting started, just play DraCro and get back to P3 some other time.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Throw harder.
Seriously, throw anyone and anything.

Also Power Smash.
Level that Thor swag and abuse it. It turns bosses and mobs into mush.

I haven't messed with bombs actually. I usually forget to use those types of things. I do have Fire barrel and a couple points in explosion strength just in case it comes to mind. But at this time throwing like a madman and Power Smashing through skulls has made me Dwarf very well.

It also helps that those two things are fun as hell for me.

This is what I needed to hear. Thank you.

Yo.
Red Dragon
is kicking my ass. I seriously cannot beat it. I don't get close, and the matchmaking is so lame that I can't find an online party easily either. :c

Noi

Is there much of a point for a Fighter to get extra evasion boosts? Seems like my whole deal should be to guard shit when possible rather than dodge.

OmegaZero

Looks like the Elf class is the OP in this game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vea9pxUojfY&feature=youtu.be

this was with a Lvl 99 in Inferno difficulty
Yeah, this was what I was referring to in my earlier post. According to various players who've reached the level cap, Elf and Amazon are broken tier.

EDIT:
Is there much of a point for a Fighter to get extra evasion boosts? Seems like my whole deal should be to guard shit when possible rather than dodge.

Evasions are very handy for getting out of situations where you're surrounded. The more mobility you have, the easier it is to get into an advantageous position (like forcing enemies to gather in front of you so you can stun all of them with a bash).

Cheska

How the hell do you shut the announcer up so he doesn't repeat the same line every single time you enter/exit a shop while you have an active quest in place? It's driving me insane.

Don't want to do this hellhound sidequest because then I'll have to go questing alone.

The one where you gotta get hit 5 times by hellhounds? I got it done with AI partners. It wasn't right away because they go into kill mode when they see them, but it can be done over time. Obviously though no AI would speed it up.

jwk94

So I just got the sidequest where you need to take out some spiders. What's a good level to do this? I'm currently
just after the prime minister leaves
in the story.

Oh and is there any real benefit to
saving the girls
from the Vampires?

Tokubetsu

The one where you gotta get hit 5 times by hellhounds? I got it done with AI partners. It wasn't right away because they go into kill mode when they see them, but it can be done over time. Obviously though no AI would speed it up.

Yea, I've only been hit once with A.I. partners in my party

Mupod

On the subject of sidequests you have to do alone, the art you unlock for the Harpy boss solo quest is the best thing.

jwk94

Anyone else getting a ton of slowdown with a full party and the
fiery
on screen?
Add a mount and it gets pretty bad. I'm thinking of rolling solo or sticking with just two allies.

Less chaos, you actually see what's going on. I don't know about the PS3 version, but having allies seems to crowd things too much on the Vita.

Yeah the Vita version can get pretty cluttered at times. Wish there was a better drop rate or something for going in alone though.

Danneee

So, I couldn't wait until October (or whenever it gets a release in EU) so I bought an import copy. Gonna pick it up after work today!

Noi

Evasions are very handy for getting out of situations where you're surrounded. The more mobility you have, the easier it is to get into an advantageous position (like forcing enemies to gather in front of you so you can stun all of them with a bash).

Not everything is blockable, like full screen spells etc.

I took your advice and immediately after that had to fight the
Gazer
, where having that extra evasion came in handy. Talk about good timing, hahaha.

SRG01

So I just got the sidequest where you need to take out some spiders. What's a good level to do this? I'm currently
just after the prime minister leaves
in the story.

Oh and is there any real benefit to
saving the girls
from the Vampires?

The girls turn into vampires if they kill them.

Also, killing X number of monsters can be done in multiple runs. It's actually better to do multiple runs since you can grind loot and xp at the same time.

edit: Also playing elf and wow elf is soooo overpowered. Daggers and mashing backstab is just unfair :lol And that's not even counting impact arrow + multi arrow.

So I finally got online and I played one match online, it was pretty fun. Though playing online on the Vita has a ton of frame rate drops. I don't notice it with the AI, so I'm guessing it's because most normal people dish out the flashy damaging moves unlike the AI. I really wish their was a scoreboard at the end of online levels because I would really like to see how much damage everyone dished out. I could have swore that I did most of the damage during my match because I always saw blue letters flying all over the screen (I was 2P btw).

I have a Wizard lvl17 right now, so it'll take me a few sidequests until I can go deeper in dungeons.

I'm really enjoying this game and I know for sure once I'm done with the Wizard I'm going Dwarf or Fighter next.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Impact (arrow) is a passive buff. Holding O is something you can do from the start on the ground and in the air. Impact isn't that great until you have higher levels of it, and it really shines with crouched charges and clone strikes. I also already figured out what you were talking about, which is why I said you had to improve the evasion skill.

Impact Arrow is triggered when a charged arrow hits the ground. Yes, you charge it - but when its just passing through an enemy (like when you shoot horizontally) you only get the bonuses from Power Shot. When you nail a guy on the ground, you get both. Its a huge difference.

Top Bottom