• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Crown |OT| Knock down the crown

"Would you say Lava Bangle/Magma Infusion is worth some points as well? It takes up an inventory slot, but it sounds tempting to add more elemental damage to Dwarf."

They have so few charges, I dunno. They don't last particularly long until you've dumped a ton of points in them. Maybe if physical resistance became a serious issue on Inferno or something like that, but other than that I don't really see a use for it, personally.

Ultimadrago

That is insane. Might as well just go all out and equip as many sets of axes required to chain them nonstop. No need for any armor in this case.

I wish. But there is that pesky active equipping cool-down. Though it's close-ish to finished by the time your second Power Smash is cooled which then allows for two again.

Ultimadrago

I don't know what Power Smash does, nor what character has it.

But the idea of real-time weapon switching in this game makes me very excited.

More than one has "Power Smash", but I'm specifically talking about Dwarf in this case. His animation makes him completely invincible and does considerable damage, so the ability to chain two close to each other is quite a big deal.

I wonder if leveling Adroit Hands will count for equipping weapon cooldown. Probably not, but I'll test for confirmation.

maomaoIYP

More than one has "Power Smash", but I'm specifically talking about Dwarf in this case. His animation makes him completely invincible and does considerable damage, so the ability to chain two close to each other is quite a big deal.

I wonder if leveling Adroit Hands will count for equipping weapon cooldown. Probably not, but I'll test for confirmation.

I'm guessing that it actually does.

Deitus

I don't know what Power Smash does, nor what character has it.

But the idea of real-time weapon switching in this game makes me very excited.

Well it's not exactly DMC style weapon swapping. Basically, you can access your inventory in combat with left and right on the D-pad to cycle through it. This is how you can use things like consumable items, or skills with a limited number of uses. But you can also put in spare pieces of equipment that you could swap between during a mission. It's not the most fluid thing in the world, and you don't get different movesets with different weapons, so it doesn't have a whole lot of combo potential. What it is generally useful for is swapping between weapons or equipment with elemental or status effects depending on the type of enemy you are fighting.

The reason it's so interesting with Power Smash is that Power Smash normally makes you temporarily lose your weapon on use (unless I am thinking of a different move since I've only used Elf so far). It's a high risk high reward move, where you do massive damage, but have to spend a period with reduced damage capability and no way to block. If what Ultimadrago is saying is correct (and I assume it is), you can either nullify the risk of the move by simply swapping to a different weapon, or you can use the move twice in a row without increasing the risk at all. I wonder if they will consider patching this, or if that is intended.

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
Online peeps keep breakin' my heart by getting all smashy-smashy with all the crates that pop up.

Do not smash them, internet peoples. I want to make little wooden friends out of them.

Online peeps keep breakin' my heart by getting all smashy-smashy with all the crates that pop up.

Do not smash them, internet peoples. I want to make little wooden friends out of them.

iceAm06AtdKrw.jpg

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Well it's not exactly DMC style weapon swapping. Basically, you can access your inventory in combat with left and right on the D-pad to cycle through it. This is how you can use things like consumable items, or skills with a limited number of uses. But you can also put in spare pieces of equipment that you could swap between during a mission. It's not the most fluid thing in the world, and you don't get different movesets with different weapons, so it doesn't have a whole lot of combo potential. What it is generally useful for is swapping between weapons or equipment with elemental or status effects depending on the type of enemy you are fighting.

The reason it's so interesting with Power Smash is that Power Smash normally makes you temporarily lose your weapon on use (unless I am thinking of a different move since I've only used Elf so far). It's a high risk high reward move, where you do massive damage, but have to spend a period with reduced damage capability and no way to block. If what Ultimadrago is saying is correct (and I assume it is), you can either nullify the risk of the move by simply swapping to a different weapon, or you can use the move twice in a row without increasing the risk at all. I wonder if they will consider patching this, or if that is intended.

Gotcha. Still sounds awesome. Can you equip different weapons via hotkey method as well? I imagine that'd be faster.

Gotcha. Still sounds awesome. Can you equip different weapons via hotkey method as well? I imagine that'd be faster.

You can "equip" different weapons, but only the main one will be used.

You can swap "packs" between mission, which entails the switch of weapons.

"You can "equip" different weapons, but only the main one will be used."

You can swap which weapon is active while playing via the item bar/hot keys.

I stopped at gamestop today to buy this and was surprised at the price... pretty expensive for a side scrolling beat 'em up.

Even the DD version is a little too expensive for what it is (for my tastes).

Might pick it up later on down the line.

That's like saying a Mario game is expensive for a platformer. You're significantly oversimplifying the game.

Ryuukan

Is everyone stealing wifi from down the street or does the vita version just have shit netcode?

PS3 has been smooth sailing

ixix

My online experience distilled into a single image. It's even got the most egregious offender doing the deed.

Even worse are the ones that smash the crate right after I've hit it, so my li'l buddy is just about to start coming to life when WHAM, not today, wizzy!

Accurate, but wood golems sucks so it doesn't matter really.

Wood golems be mad adorbs, tho. With attitudes like this it's no wonder anti-golem discrimination is an epidemic.

Owensboro

My online experience distilled into a single image. It's even got the most egregious offender doing the deed.

Even worse are the ones that smash the crate right after I've hit it, so my li'l buddy is just about to start coming to life when WHAM, not today, wizzy!

Wood golems be mad adorbs, tho. With attitudes like this it's no wonder anti-golem discrimination is an epidemic.

I have no idea what you guys are talking about. Wizards can turn boxes into wood golems? Does the treasure / food still drop from the crate/box?

I'm starting to hate Rannie's punk ass! He can't even tell me when Tommit is stealing my shit. He don't even try to fight Tommit he just run and hide. I wanna choke the shit out his ass
Hahaha

Played with 3 friends (who have never played DC before) last night and I was like hey that dude's taking our stuff.. They said pretty much the same thing as you lol.

Brag post: I just picked this up this morning with the art book (it took three tries from three different GameStops to find one that'd let me do this), so I'm ready to join in the fun!

ixix

I have no idea what you guys are talking about. Wizards can turn boxes into wood golems? Does the treasure / food still drop from the crate/box?

Yes and yes. Wizards have a skill that makes it so that they summon a little AI-controlled wood golem when they bonk a box with a basic attack. Successive boxes hit increase the power of the golem, with the strength capped based on the level of the skill. The box used to create the golem drops its items after the little summoning animation completes.

Sorceresses have something similar, except they summon skeletons from bone piles.

But I want food. If I'm well fed I leave those to the wizard.

But you still get the food! You just need to wait five extra seconds.

No Love

Banned
Is everyone stealing wifi from down the street or does the vita version just have shit netcode?

PS3 has been smooth sailing

Remember that the average person has a horrible WiFi setup, and the PS3's Wi-Fi is probably a lot better at keeping a consistent/quality connection than Vita. I imagine that the netcode for both is probably pretty similar?

Ultimadrago

I'm guessing that it actually does.

Holy...

So you can put weapons on quick change slots, then power smash, switch, power smash?

God damn.

Strike that, this would be the best news ever. Holy crap let us know.

Mother of god...

professorcejez.jpg

After a bit of testing, I have concluded that maomaoIYP is correct! Adroit Hands does in fact decrease cooldown for weapons as well as consumables, which means you can close the gap between the active weapon switch cooldown and another two delicious Grand Slam breakfasts in a row!

So, I just now found out I can chain TWO Power Smashes with two different sets of axes.

Game

Changer

Holy shit. How does this work? Both sets of weapons stay on the ground? You have to pick them both up? If you don't, do you lose any of them? (I'm assuming not, and that you don't lose the main weapon set if you leave them there and change screens, but I don't have the game).

No Love

Banned
professorcejez.jpg

After a bit of testing, I have concluded that maomaoIYP is correct! Adroit Hands does in fact decrease cooldown for weapons as well as consumables, which means you can close the gap between the active weapon switch cooldown and another two delicious Grand Slam breakfasts in a row!

Wow. I know what I'm gonna be putting points into from now on. Gah damn!

Dyno

I've been playing the hell out of my Fighter but there are two parts of the game I don't yet understand.

The camp and the cooking minigame: How do I get to it? What do I have to do after a run that will get me to the camp and some cooking?

Rune magic: I bought all four runes. Is there a nice, handy list online yet? I went to the wikia I usually use but they're manual isn't finished.

Thanks!

I can't believe I never thought to try two power slams with changing weapons, even though I knew it was possible to swap weapons in a dungeon after getting a weapon with +35% damage but only 250 durability, so I carried a backup. I don't see a reason for it to get nerfed/removed, it's not THAT good.

"Holy shit. How does this work? Both sets of weapons stay on the ground? You have to pick them both up? If you don't, do you lose any of them? (I'm assuming not, and that you don't lose the main weapon set if you leave them there and change screens, but I don't have the game)."

Any weapons left on the ground are returned to you when you change screens.

Ultimadrago

Holy shit. How does this work? Both sets of weapons stay on the ground? You have to pick them both up? If you don't, do you lose any of them? (I'm assuming not, and that you don't lose the main weapon set if you leave them there and change screens, but I don't have the game).

1. You use your equipped axe/hammer to Power Smash.

2. You switch to another quickly through itembar/hotkey

3. The grounded hammer will disappear and you will have the newly equipped one in your hand.

4. You can immediately Power Smash with the newly equipped weapon.

5. You can't switch back to the old one right away because there is a cooldown between switching weapons which is slower than the Power Smash's cooldown.

6. Leveling up the common skill Adroit Hands can be used to decrease the weapon cooldown time therefore allowing you to (slightly but surely) quicken the pace between rinse/repeating the process.​

Your weapon comes to you automatically if you leave the screen. If you simply move more to the right on the same screen (where your weapon is offscreen), your weapon will be magically "thrown" to the left of your current scroll screen.

Profits:

A. You can summon your weapon from across the room if you Power Slammed your current one.

B. Power Slam is a free full animation of invincibility, so...double that in quick succession.

C. You can annihilate mobs/bosses even quicker.

D. You can annihilate mobs/bosses even quicker again.

I can't believe I never thought to try two power slams with changing weapons, even though I knew it was possible to swap weapons in a dungeon after getting a weapon with +35% damage but only 250 durability, so I carried a backup. I don't see a reason for it to get nerfed/removed, it's not THAT good.

I agree. This doesn't warrant a patch (and I will skip said hypothetical patch if they do) when you consider the switch cooldown, especially. It's pretty damn nice though.

MooMoo

Anyone know what to do for these two side quests:
1. Informer: Forgotten Sanctuary, in the room with the blue door show death to it. Feeling blind cause I've run through twice and have yet to see a room with a blue door.

2. A Monk's Struggle: Forgotten Sanctuary, defeat the false god statue. No idea what they're referring to.

Also for these side quests, are there any map differences between the A and B paths? If there are, how do you differentiate which path to take?

Top Bottom