• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Crown |OT| Knock down the crown

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Got my VGP PS3 order on Thursday here in the UK, getting stuck in playing 2-player with girlfriend.

Having to go in to each shop individually is a bit of a pain, but can understand why having multiplayer shop icon menus would be a nightmare.

Shit can get hectic on the screen resulting in sever "WHERE AM I" moments.

deadeye

Is there an
effective flawless way to to do red dragon? I can't seem to dodge the falling rocks effectively. A couple always seem to hit.

Evade, evade, evade. When the dragon stomps the ground I usually evade forward or back once, and then evade up. I wouldn't say it is flawless but it works 8 times out of 10. I use the Elf, and I have upgraded my Evade skill so I can do it twice in a row.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
lol cheaters.

jomvMJ8.jpg

Emalde

Keep in mind that as a Sorc, your evasion functions differently when you tap and when you hold. This little distinction is super important against Red Dragon specifically, because you need to quick-dodge the slam but long-dodge the falling debris.

E: Wizard has this same deal, but I believe his evades are slightly faster on the whole.

I wish I didn't spend so much SP early game on my Elf in dagger/maintenance/backstab, it's useless in inferno DPS wise, so are boots for melee compared to elemental magic, inferno elf is evade/arrows/oil/magic and that's all, just the heads up. (at least that's my personal take on it.)

Gartooth

I'm drowning in sidequests right now! Also I did the cooking minigame for the first time and I have no clue what I'm doing. I couldn't even figure out how to get food out of the pots before everything ended up burning.

ced

What the hell Vanillaware (or atlus)

"Lucain wants you to go to the ancient temple ruins" to use rune magic to bring a golem to life.

Guess what assholes, that's not the level you need to go to.

Jus ordered an imported version, should arrived next week tuesday, please Dragon Hunters add me on PSN so i can learn the ropes faster
PSN: tosyn_88

I'm drowning in sidequests right now! Also I did the cooking minigame for the first time and I have no clue what I'm doing. I couldn't even figure out how to get food out of the pots before everything ended up burning.

you pick things with left analog stick and X (or click or L1/R1)
put food in a pan or pot (end-result is different, one more better than the other), add the 3 things on the right-bottom (vinegar, salt and the random thing on the left of the vinegar), stir the pan/pot with the left icon of the two, until that icon disappears. then use the remaing icon, to pick up your food and put it in your plate.(left-most plate is for player1 and so on)
then eat your food by highlighting your food with LS and hitting X like crazy.
then cook something else until time runs out :)

Skerj

I've been rocking a Wizard for most of my time and I've been seeing a LOT of Wizards online, surprised actually because I thought they were the least used. Either way, I played with a high level one and he pretty much decimated everything on screen, his air lightning crapped all over mine.

Thing is, he had like 3 more equipment slots than I did, I counted when we were changing our bags. When/how do you get those?
Probably going to spend some time as Elf as I originally intended when the game was announced, I created one finally and she's pretty fun albeit fast as all hell.

I've been rocking a Wizard for most of my time and I've been seeing a LOT of Wizards online, surprised actually because I thought they were the least used. Either way, I played with a high level one and he pretty much decimated everything on screen, his air lightning crapped all over mine.

Thing is, he had like 3 more equipment slots than I did, I counted when we were changing our bags. When/how do you get those?
Probably going to spend some time as Elf as I intended when the game got announced, I created one finally and she's pretty fun albeit fast as all hell.

Lv 15, Lv 30, and Lv 50 I think.

It's the Common Skill, Deep Pockets that allows more slots.

Skerj

Lv 15, Lv 30, and Lv 50 I think.

It's the Common Skill, Deep Pockets that allows more slots.

My god, how did I miss that this entire time!? I'm level 30 now hah. Well that's going to make things a bit easier, I've been playing without using items so I could equip 3 spells.

Thanks man.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I wish I didn't spend so much SP early game on my Elf in dagger/maintenance/backstab, it's useless in inferno DPS wise, so are boots for melee compared to elemental magic, inferno elf is evade/arrows/oil/magic and that's all, just the heads up. (at least that's my personal take on it.)

I haven't invested much in either quite yet, but elemental magic makes you stand still as an elf.

I really don't like standing still as an Elf.

The damage can get pretty good but Elemental Magic is just so all over the place. Its unreliable imo.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Level 91 now but have all Talismans. I don't know if I should try for that stupid Ancient Dragon though. I don't really enjoy that fight ;_; might grind it out a bit more.

I haven't invested much in either quite yet, but elemental magic makes you stand still as an elf.

I really don't like standing still as an Elf.

The damage can get pretty good but Elemental Magic is just so all over the place. Its unreliable imo.

Yeah, I know what you mean, i hate standing on the ground as the elf, but you can always back-evade>jump if in trouble, then move around with evade in air and impact arrow the trouble-makers (or just evade and pick-up arrows on the grond if you need any)

ponpo> yeah seriously, the game is awesome from start to that point.. but I hate that boss, I wished it had a whole level before that too...

Game is so fun with a friend on local co op. I have one major gripe though...

It is kinda tiresome that each person has to go into the Guild Hall or Repair Shop by themselves. There needs to be a repair party equipment option. Maybe even a split screen option for the guild for skill choosing. Also if we are doing local each person shouldn't have to accept a quest, it really isn't a big deal in the scheme of things just annoying.

Maybe I have been playing to much non local co op and I have been spoiled by not having to share a screen.

Snkfanatic>no, you're right. also it baffles me that when you clear the game in one difficulty with 3others offline friends, you then need to start again the story from scratch with P2 as P1. then P3 as P1, then P4 as P1. to actually start playing on the next difficulty with your friends! (otherwise the 3others players Lv is capped to the previous difficulty and they won't to be able to go that far, I can assure you)

with 4 players offline :
you basically need to clear normal 4 times in a row, then hard 4 times in a row to FINALLY unlock inferno for everybody to play with uncapped levels.

maomaoIYP

Level 91 now but have all Talismans. I don't know if I should try for that stupid Ancient Dragon though. I don't really enjoy that fight ;_; might grind it out a bit more.

Are you playing solo? I'm having a truckload of problems playing a solo wizard on hard. Strangely I do a lot better as a sorc, I have no idea why.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
Okay, after taking the advice to map character movement to the Dpad this game became much better! But does anyone else have problems distinguishing their characters among the crowd if there's other character of the same class?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Okay, after taking the advice to map character movement to the Dpad this game became much better! But does anyone else have problems distinguishing their characters among the crowd if there's other character of the same class?

I go braindead when I see another Elf on the screen

Jathaine

Fortunately I haven't run into too many other Sorcs and we're usually not wearing similar colors so its not so bad.

And Sorc has the extra added bonus of just being able to hold square for a very short moment to see which one is you (since the MP pop-up will appear).
But on the flip side, when there's two Sorcs I can hardly see anything due to all of the spell effects

Finally got my artbook after they initially forgot to pack it in with my pre-order. I wasn't really expecting to receive it, so I'm very happy that they took the time to send it to me afterwards.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Are you playing solo? I'm having a truckload of problems playing a solo wizard on hard. Strangely I do a lot better as a sorc, I have no idea why.

I've been getting most of the talismans solo and I did Ancient Dragon on normal / hard solo but other than that just repeated dungeons online.

I guess I'll try Ancient Dragon on Infernal alone. It's not so bad if he doesn't heal, but if he does It's a little long. The fight with it on Hard was the only time in the game I had to equip / use potions :(

Cocaloch

For some reason the game doesn't want me to get online anymore. Every time I try it just fails and says that p2p connection has timed out.

Astarte

I've been getting most of the talismans solo and I did Ancient Dragon on normal / hard solo but other than that just repeated dungeons online.

I guess I'll try Ancient Dragon on Infernal alone. It's not so bad if he doesn't heal, but if he does It's a little long. The fight with it on Hard was the only time in the game I had to equip / use potions :(

Edit: whoopsie!

Grisby

Is the hidden library in the mages tower on the 'b' route? Been trying to do the quest and I was clicking all over to no avail.

george_us

I think I might solo this until I get to Hard mode.

It gets really difficult to see what you're doing when there's three or more people in your parties (especially Wizards and Sorcerers).

Jarsonot

Is the hidden library in the mages tower on the 'b' route? Been trying to do the quest and I was clicking all over to no avail.

Pretty sure "A" route.

You have to read a note which says not to check out more than 2 books, then click on the bookshelf twice to make 2 books drop, then you can open the door by attacking (I think)

I don't know how ppl can play online cause I lose my character playing solo. Finally opened up the bags and random dungeons. Finally got 3S, but none of them were for my character smh.

R u talking bout the Henrietta's doll quest

Sorry if this has been posted before!

Say I want to local co-op with someone not very skilled in games. What character sould she pick for an easier time?

Yea, having a party after playing solo Sorceress feels so game breaking lol

Got my second Sorceress through normal already, at Lv33 now.

Anyone on PS3 wanna play?

Oh, seems people on my friend's list already are actually playing. Guess I should try to get with them first >.>

Top Bottom