• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Crown |OT| Knock down the crown

Grisby

One other thing, I just did the cooking mini game and it was awesome. Immediately wanted to start a real camp fire and start roasting something.

And chaining dungeons together is one of the most satisfying things I've done in a game this year.

Ketch

How does durability work when your chaining dungeons together? Will you stuff break in the middle of s dungeon? Is that why there's extra bags? If the extra bags aren't for carrying replacement gear, then what are they for?

Ultimadrago

How does durability work when your chaining dungeons together? Will you stuff break in the middle of s dungeon? Is that why there's extra bags? If the extra bags aren't for carrying replacement gear, then what are they for?

Yes, equipment will break in dungeons. Extra bags are for preparing for different situations, storing items you'd like to keep but don't want cluttering Armory space, carrying replacement gear or whatever else. It's up to how the player wants to use them.

You won't be able to repair stuff unless you head back to town. So your gear will eventually break after contstant use if you don't change bags mid-stage.

All bags you buy come with a basic weapon and defense gear, and you can't completely empty them (it will say you cannot deposit your last weapon). Other than that, you can put anything in the extra bags. It is advisable to pack certain items for certain situations.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Can you not repair npc items at all?

Also regarding the respec item, I know you can only get 4, but that's per character right?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
That sucks.

Time limits are one of my biggest pet peeves in gaming. I hope this doesn't kill my enjoyment of the game.

The time limit is really very generous. Basically, if you're properly leveled, you really shouldn't have too much of an issue taking down the boss within the respective time.

It acts sort of as a failsafe so the fights don't last forever.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I first started as the Elf, but eventually decided on the Amazon. From what I heard, they are the most played characters online? Dammit hahahaha.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Awww man, dunno if this is a major bug or stupidly by design, but Local Co-Op has a HUGE flaw.

Since its just on your PSN account, its like a second character of yours being played simultaneously. The problem is, that second character isn't registering anything storywise. That means they get no runes, and more importantly when the time comes, no option to have Extra Bags!!

That seems like a massive oversight, and now I'll have to do a quick story runthrough with my girlfriends character so that she's not massively inconvenienced whenever we do multi quest runs :(

Dunno the likelihood of this being patched maybe?

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Awww man, dunno if this is a major bug or stupidly by design, but Local Co-Op has a HUGE flaw.

Since its just on your PSN account, its like a second character of yours being played simultaneously. The problem is, that second character isn't registering anything storywise. That means they get no runes, and more importantly when the time comes, no option to have Extra Bags!!

That seems like a massive oversight, and now I'll have to do a quick story runthrough with my girlfriends character so that she's not massively inconvenienced whenever we do multi quest runs :(

Highly doubtful.

The time limit is really very generous if you're in a party. Basically, if you're in a party, you really shouldn't have too much of an issue taking down the boss within the respective time.

It acts sort of as a failsafe so the fights don't last forever.

ftfy

Going through with my solo Sorceress, a lot of those fights didn't even feel fair lol

Ultimadrago

I brought this up a few pages back. The "upside" is that since dungeons are short and quest progress is saved, you can progress through their story at breakneck speed. I got to the bags in little under/over an hour when I had to go through it all again with my local co-op friend.

I do disapprove with how it's implemented, however. The same situation also goes for runes and even when they unlock runes/bags on their side, they cannot purchase them on your file (vice versa).

Also, don't hold your breath on a patch for that.

HORRORSHØW

Amazon question : What's the best move to initate a combo without getting smacked in the face since the Amazon without a berserker boost just gets smacked in the face because her moves don't seem to stagger enemies? Skeletons are a massive pain in the ass because of this..
I just run up to enemies and button bash (4-hit combo+spinning strike). Amazon gets stronger the more HP she loses (if you unlocked that skill). I hardly use parry, unless I can clearly see it coming.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
I brought this up a few pages back. The "upside" is that since dungeons are short and quest progress is saved, you can progress through their story at breakneck speed. I got to the bags in little under/over an hour when I had to go through it all again with my local co-op friend.

I do disapprove with how it's implemented, however. The same situation also goes for runes and even when they unlock runes/bags on their side, they cannot purchase them on your file (vice versa).

Also, don't hold your breath on a patch for that.

Runes isn't too much of a bother since I'll be on hand with all them to activate, unless that locks the other player out of the end world or something? So basically, just getting to the Extra Bag point will be the only extra work I'll need to do, other than when needing to purchase extra bags?

Extra Bags Unlocking at like Lvl18-20 would have made more sense than locking it onto Story Quest. Really enjoying the game, but being punished for playing it with a real live human in the same room has those lame feels, mang.

samalpha

Banned
I got this game today, and it's too much of a cakewalk.

Is the Hard and Inferno modes a lot more difficult?

And not in a "well, if you do this and this and this...then it's hard!". Just straight up, is the game harder in those modes. Can I actually not succeed without strategy?

anddo0

I got this game today, and it's too much of a cakewalk.

Is the Hard and Inferno modes a lot more difficult?

And not in a "well, if you do this and this and this...then it's hard!". Just straight up, is the game harder in those modes. Can I actually not succeed without strategy?

How far in are you?

If you're not collecting the talismans, the game hasn't even started yet.

samalpha

Banned
OK, fair enough. But does the game really ramp up on the harder difficulties? Like even the early stages? Because I've gone through about 6 stages, and it hurts my enjoyment of it, by being this easy.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
OK, fair enough. But does the game really ramp up on the harder difficulties? Like even the early stages? Because I've gone through about 6 stages, and it hurts my enjoyment of it, by being this easy.

Anddo above wasn't kidding. If you haven't starting collecting talismans' you are literally playing the tutorial. It gets harder on Normal and it gets harder on the higher difficulties.

If you're prepared, you'll still die at times, but it's not especially difficult.

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
Okay, after taking the advice to map character movement to the Dpad this game became much better! But does anyone else have problems distinguishing their characters among the crowd if there's other character of the same class?

I have tons of trouble keeping track of myself when there's another Wizard in a game.

Luckily, two wizards means that pretty much nobody can see anything, so at least I get to know that we're all sharing the load.

Sanctuary

Assuming it's people save editing, but there are quite a few people modding things like this, sadly.

The only thing that's good for is a screenshot. If they are actually playing with edited saves, then what the fuck is the point of even playing?

If you aren't cheating your way to uber loot, the game reminds me more of a side scrolling Diablo 2 in terms of addiction factor. That's one thing Golden Axe never had (as well as the obvious skills) going for it.

Oh man that Gazer boss was where the difficulty ramped up drastically.

That's the only boss that I can say (as a Wizard) that I truly hate. Well, that and the
Red Dragon
in general since you being able to kill him seems ultimately random with the AI at least. Beat him on my first attempt, but then couldn't get him to half life any other attempt. I think I'll try it solo next time. It might just be a level scaling thing though. It seems like enemies do scale somewhat with your level. Otherwise, you would be able to kill crap in the low level area with single weak shots again and again.

Oh man that Gazer boss was where the difficulty ramped up drastically.

Yeah man, Gazer don't play DAT.

tumblr_m3fcpseklS1r7mvdfo1_400.gif

Any Dwarf players out there, I need a little help with the throwing mechanic.

How do you throw enemies straight? I know how to throw the enemies up, but that's about it. If they showed me in the tutorial then I didn't see it. After the Wizard I guess I thought all the tutorials just show the basics, but I guess they show off that certain characters skills.

So anyone know how to throw enemies straight ahead?

Just swap who controls which character and advance the second one.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Ancient Dragon is a butt on Infernal. I can get it to around 1/7th or so health but then it heals. Even that isn't a problem, but while soloing it, it takes so long that I run out of Slow and Extinction spells to deal with those stupid glowing Skeletons ;_;

Need to find a hacked set of bones to help me ( ≖‿≖)

Any Dwarf players out there, I need a little help with the throwing mechanic.

How do you throw enemies straight? I know how to throw the enemies up, but that's about it. If they showed me in the tutorial then I didn't see it. After the Wizard I guess I thought all the tutorials just show the basics, but I guess they show off that certain characters skills.

So anyone know how to throw enemies straight ahead?

Here's a mini guide to throwing:

Damage doesn't happen when they hit the side of the screen and bounce back, only when they hit another object/enemy/the ground.

To throw straight: press square while walking forward, down, or stick is in neutral
To throw upward: press square while walking up (or holding up) on stick
Aerial down shot: press square while holding forward, down, or stick is in neutral
Aerial straight shot: press square while holding up in the air on stick

You can grab airborne/flying/wall bouncing enemies by jump > up + square. Your animation will be different (you'll be rolling with them while falling). Doesn't seem to do extra damage, but if you have power shot, it will make a shockwave on the ground for more damage.

You can infinite combo an enemy by throw > jump grab > aerial straight throw > jump grab > repeat, but no damage is inflicted until they hit the ground or another enemy. Kinda funny.

Just wondering, do you guys think a player VS mode would work with this game? Maybe a group or friends fighting another group in a arena styled setting?
There's a Coliseum(PVP) mode that unlocks after you beat normal mode, not sure if it enables teams or whatever. Check it out.

Here's a mini guide to throwing:

Damage doesn't happen when they hit the side of the screen and bounce back, only when they hit another object/enemy/the ground.

To throw straight: press square while walking forward, down, or stick is in neutral
To throw upward: press square while walking up (or holding up) on stick
Aerial down shot: press square while holding forward, down, or stick is in neutral
Aerial straight shot: press square while holding up in the air on stick

You can grab airborne/flying/wall bouncing enemies by jump > up + square. Your animation will be different (you'll be rolling with them while falling). Doesn't seem to do extra damage, but if you have power shot, it will make a shockwave on the ground for more damage.

You can infinite combo an enemy by throw > jump grab > aerial straight throw > jump grab > repeat, but no damage is inflicted until they hit the ground or another enemy. Kinda funny.

There's a Coliseum(PVP) mode that unlocks after you beat normal mode, not sure if it enables teams or whatever. Check it out.
Oh cool! Thanks.

Is it fun?

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Was hoping someone could link me to a good youtube channel or just PM me some good starting tips and then advanced technique/skill building type of stuff for the Wizard/sorcerer dude. I've started a game and leveled to 4 with almost every class and I really really want to like using him but the magic feels kind of frustrating to me at times.

Tips?

Also Amazon and Warrior are BEASTLY... good lord. Game is gorgeous. Can't wait to get 4 of my friends in a game.

Oh cool! Thanks.

Is it fun?

It's more of a goof off mode than anything, stress relief? IDK. There's a trophy for winning 10 times I think. You can fight each other free for all with no damage if you don't care about winning, if you go to the stables or the Gate area east of town.

I personally haven't been in there yet, having too much fun in the normal game.

JCizzle

Damn this game is phenomenal. Just beat the
watcher
and it was a great fight. Died a few times while learning the tells, but pulled it off in the end. Now I just need some better loot luck, only one B quality in that run :-/

I've been using a wizard up until 35 and now I just want to mess around with a fighter. Any general tips from playstyle to skills? I mainly need to know how to survive since I'm sure he can't levitate and teleport like my wizard.

When you do multi-dungeon runs, there are four options. Three of them are really clear on what they mean, but one isn't (writing from memory here):
Score Bonus
Gold Bonus
Treasure Quality Bonus
Allocation Efficiency Bonus

That is that last one all about?

I've been using a wizard up until 35 and now I just want to mess around with a fighter. Any general tips from playstyle to skills? I mainly need to know how to survive since I'm sure he can't levitate and teleport like my wizard.
Just know that holding Square = Block, and it's a great ability.

Top Bottom