• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Crown |OT| Knock down the crown

Ultimadrago

For those that have beaten Intense, how's the ending? Is it quite unique to the rest in closing the events or hinting at new ventures? (Spoiler, of course in courtesy of others)

I've recently beaten Normal and got to the "Oh, so that's how they justify future difficulties. Heh." part and was curious.

Is beating the
Ancient Dragon
in 2 minutes easily doable on Normal at 35? I was 35 and it wasn't super easy to beat him.

I did it on my first try. You can try going online for a bit and getting bones resurrected that are higher than your own level if you can't do it under 2 minutes alone.

Oh my god, I was cruising the whole time here. Could not be stopped then the freaking
GAZER
totally made me it's bitch. I was playing as my Wizard and I don't even know what happened. I swear 3/4 of the way in I couldn't use spells any more and was just waving my stick at him.

Also, after the stables are unlocked and all that stuff happens, the game got way more confusing than it already was for me. What's with
having to pay to go places all the sudden? is that gonna be a problem?

Just beat the game on Normal with a level 30 Elf. I beat it in about 14 hours and 46 minutes. It took me 2 minutes and 47 seconds to beat the last boss. It wasn't a very hard boss...but that might just be because I had high level AI characters with me. Hah. I had a level 99 Wizard, level 48 Dwarf, and level 28 Elf with me.

By the way, this is easily my game of the year now, and I'd say that it's also one of my favorite games of the entire generation, too. I just love it so much.

Oh, and since I didn't mention it before, I unlocked online in a little over 4 hours with a level 11 Elf.

RangerBAD

Oh my god, I was cruising the whole time here. Could not be stopped then the freaking
GAZER
totally made me it's bitch. I was playing as my Wizard and I don't even know what happened. I swear 3/4 of the way in I couldn't use spells any more and was just waving my stick at him.

Also, after the stables are unlocked and all that stuff happens, the game got way more confusing than it already was for me. What's with

No, money won't be a problem.

GAZER

If the boss is facing you, you can't use magic. It's a pretty difficult fight for all of the classes except for the Elf.

As for your second point:
Dungeons become random so that you can do multi-dungeon runs. at least I think that's the logic - let people just dive in and play something.

JCizzle

Just beat the game on Normal with a level 30 Elf. I beat it in about 14 hours and 46 minutes. It took me 2 minutes and 47 seconds to beat the last bast. It wasn't a very hard boss...but that might just be because I had high level AI characters with me. Hah. I had a level 99 Wizard, level 48 Dwarf, and level 28 Elf with me.

By the way, this is easily my game of the year now, and I'd say that it's also one of my favorite games of the entire generation, too. I just love it so much.

Oh, and since I didn't mention it before, I unlocked online in a little over 4 hours with a level 11 Elf.

Yep, definitely top 3 game this year. Sogood.gif

Begaria

Runes isn't too much of a bother since I'll be on hand with all them to activate, unless that locks the other player out of the end world or something? So basically, just getting to the Extra Bag point will be the only extra work I'll need to do, other than when needing to purchase extra bags?

Extra Bags Unlocking at like Lvl18-20 would have made more sense than locking it onto Story Quest. Really enjoying the game, but being punished for playing it with a real live human in the same room has those lame feels, mang.

Yeah, I realized that this morning. My wife and I played for a few hours last night, then when I was checking out our characters last night, I realized her Amazon hadn't gotten any story progression. It's extremely odd that local co-op characters will get side quest completion, but they don't get story completion. It's annoying, but as it was said before - you can probably just bull your way through the story since the local co-op character will be at a higher level.

Elf sisters, is it any worth to put some points into poison at all?

Salamander Oil is superior but you'll want some Toxic Extract for bosses where salamander oil either won't work or just isn't effective, like
Kraken and Red Dragon respectively

Unlike Salamander Oil, Toxic Extract works on top of water.

I'd definitely max Salamander Oil, but I only plan to have around level 3 Toxic at 99.

h3ro

Anyone know what the two numbers that each weapon's attack rating signifies?

For example, my current hammer is listed as having an attack of 13-21. What does that mean? 13 barehanded, 21 equipped?

For example, my current hammer is listed as having an attack of 13-21. What does that mean? 13 barehanded, 21 equipped?

I think it's the minimum and max damage possible. At least, that's what I always thought...but I could be wrong.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

It's standard D&D/Diablo style stuff. 13-21 means it can do anywhere between 13 and 21 damage per hit.

h3ro

Thanks everyone.

Just switched my Dwarf to the JPN voice and I didn't think it was possible for this game to get better... but it just did.

Japanese Randy Savage is the best.

Caerith

Yeah, I realized that this morning. My wife and I played for a few hours last night, then when I was checking out our characters last night, I realized her Amazon hadn't gotten any story progression. It's extremely odd that local co-op characters will get side quest completion, but they don't get story completion. It's annoying, but as it was said before - you can probably just bull your way through the story since the local co-op character will be at a higher level.
That's... weird. I've had the game all week but will start playing tomorrow with my girlfriend. I had assumed the following to be true:

How does story progress work for co-op play in Dragon's Crown?

All local players of the PS3 version belong to the single logged in PlayStation Online ID. Story progress is tied to Player One’s character, so be sure to have the character with the lowest story progress fill the Player One slot. Other characters will get credit for completing levels, so long as they’ve completed the previous levels. This is necessary only in the first nine levels and only applicable to local co-op games. After the initial nine stages have been completed the “new” levels can be tackled randomly. It doesn’t matter which order they are completed. Online play must be unlocked by finishing the first nine stages. Once it’s unlocked stages can be played in any order. Side quest and stage completion is saved to each individual character.

(Source: Co-Optimus)

The way I understood it, you'd only not get progress saved if you were skipping ahead-- but you're saying this is wrong and that progress is not saved whatsoever?

Abylim

So I just beat it on normal as Amazon at level 32.

Whoa, I love this game. I'm diving back in right away.

This is a strong GoTY contender for me. I cant get over how well done this is!

Finally can play online and I've only managed to connect to one group. Something is wrong with the ps3 version . I keep getting connection failed but this is the only game that I have any trouble getting online with.

Caerith

I know it's been answered already, but a better way of thinking about it is that your hammer does 1d9+12 damage.

No such thing as a d9, but still.

Ultimadrago

Finally can play online and I've only managed to connect to one group. Something is wrong with the ps3 version . I keep getting connection failed but this is the only game that I have any trouble getting online with.

I've been able to connect multiple times on the PS3 just fine. In fact, I've yet to run into a connection issue.

RangerBAD

I've been able to connect multiple times on the PS3 just fine. In fact, I've yet to run into a connection issue.

I lost progress on a quest once due to a disconnect, but it's never happened since. I'm always afraid I'll have like a long continued adventure and lose everything.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I don't know if my luck is just ass but the Infernal Ancient Dragon keeps spawning 4 of those glowing skeletons at once with stupid crossbows. Time for a Dragon's Crown break!

Velcro Fly

Just did my first ever chain run. Did two A-side dungeons in a row. My AI all survived but a couple of their weapons broke. Do they ever get more than one bag? Or am I just at the mercy of whatever they can do with whatever they have? I could have probably pressed on another dungeon since they all had lives to spare and I had all my potions left and more gear in a second bag.

Level 20 now about 7.5 hours into the game. Really enjoying things so far.

Also I should buy those colored runes from Lucain fairly quickly right? They are worthwhile purchases? I'm at the point now that I'm treading water with how much gold I'm bringing in so I don't want to throw away gold on something I may not need right now.

Doing a sidequest and got into a secret room, now what do I do with
the puppet on the stage in Mages Tower?

Touch it I think. I think that's what I did to get it.

Speaking of random weapon damage ranges, I just got a Hammer for my dwarf, that's 25-136.

Hella random. And... no thanks.

Also it gives me +4 INT...........

tumblr_lwn7hvQ1EG1qdlkgg.gif

MooMoo

Just did my first ever chain run. Did two A-side dungeons in a row. My AI all survived but a couple of their weapons broke. Do they ever get more than one bag? Or am I just at the mercy of whatever they can do with whatever they have? I could have probably pressed on another dungeon since they all had lives to spare and I had all my potions left and more gear in a second bag.

Level 20 now about 7.5 hours into the game. Really enjoying things so far.

Also I should buy those colored runes from Lucain fairly quickly right? They are worthwhile purchases? I'm at the point now that I'm treading water with how much gold I'm bringing in so I don't want to throw away gold on something I may not need right now.
Not sure about the AI partners and bags, but with the runes some of the quests require that you have them. Outside of that though, I haven't personally found the rune spells to be particularly helpful; they're okay as far as bonuses go but you aren't missing out on much. So just pick them up whenever you feel like it.

RangerBAD

Not sure about the AI partners and bags, but with the runes some of the quests require that you have them. Outside of that though, I haven't personally found the rune spells to be particularly helpful; they're okay as far as bonuses go but you aren't missing out on much. So just pick them up whenever you feel like it.

What about Treasure Hunter's Friend? It's always nice to get more treasure when that rune combo is available.

What about Treasure Hunter's Friend? It's always nice to get more treasure when that rune combo is available.

Besides Treasure Hunter's Friend (T H F):

Sigil of Death (S O D), Dead be Gone (D B G), Petrify the Flesh (P T F), Power (?) and Durability (P A D), and Call Sylphide's Wind (C S W) are all amazing rune spells and will make clearing rooms even faster provided you're good enough to use the spells while dodging at the same time.

But then, I play either solo (no AI) or with one human friend.

MooMoo

Fair enough :p I'll stand by what I said that in that you don't miss out on much if you don't get the runes from the store the moment they first appear.

Ultimadrago

I think they're scaled down in power, but the number of uses for usable skills remained the same. So I have no idea what they did.

Thanks.

That's what I do. The only rune I go out of my way for is perhaps Double Bonus Score.

Top Bottom