• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Crown |OT| Knock down the crown

Huff

Banned
Having a hard time with the ancient dragon with the sorceress and AI characters. Any tips? Or a way to do it with online players?

Finished the game on normal, but I wasn't fast enough to get the
vanquisher trophy.
Beforehand, I got around 12 S-rank and 14 A-rank gear, or maybe the other way around. Went through 10 stages straight to get them.

Sanctuary

Wizard stuff:

1. So far, my favorite mod on a rod would be the one that adds any number of magic bolts. There's nothing like jumping in the air and firing 5-6 green orbs three to six times before landing. Completely destroys teleporters and flying demons. Also very useful in chaotic multiplayer where crap is filling the screen and you can't actually even see where you are or what plane an enemy is on.

2. So uh, does Fire Ward actually increase the fire damage you deal? The rank text says it increases damage, yet the text at the bottom actually says it's a defensive skill. People on another board are claiming it increases your damage. Ward typically means to protect...

Kurod

Banned
2. So uh, does Fire Ward actually increase the fire damage you deal? The rank text says it increases damage, yet the text at the bottom actually says it's a defensive skill. People on another board are claiming it increases your damage. Ward typically means to protect...

I think it's a mistranslation. It's an offensive skill. I usually lay down slow/fire ward/blaze on bosses and they die rather fast.

Sanctuary

I think it's a mistranslation. It's an offensive skill. I usually lay down slow/fire ward/blaze on bosses and they die rather fast.

So why isn't Ronnie affected by it then? He's usually what I use to test gear on.
I also just found out that ranks in Evasion can be very beneficial to a Wizard. Apparently you don't just get multiple charges to teleport multiple times. You basically hold the button down and you stay "melted" until your charges wear off.

Seil

Someone here said that it's related to your level, so it'll cap out at level 99.

I've read that it increases with level, so...as long as you level!

Hmm.. I was thinking it was linked to the total money you have. While I was level 29 it increased with my gold and was approximately 1% of my total. It stopped increasing after 900 at 90k.

The cost also decreased at one point when my total gold dropped a lot. So I'm definitely thinking it's linked to that.

Edit: I mention level 29 because that's when I finally started paying closer attention to it and because it was before hitting 30 which would be necessary for 900 if it were 30x the level as someone else hypothesized.

Edit2: And now it's gone up to 930. So it may be a combination of the two. Perhaps the max cost is linked to level?

Edit3: Alright, I may just be crazy. I decided to try reducing my current gold amount significantly by resurrecting and praying repeatedly to no effect. Even after dropping under 70k it's still 930 for me at level 30. Could have sworn I saw the price decrease at least once in the past plus I'm 99% certain it increased over the course of that level... Suppose I'll just chalk it up to late night sessions. Carry on.

JWong

Banned
So the hacking only on PS3, right? I mean transferring save game is possible... but there should be less or none on Vita hopefully.

Espada

Wizard stuff:

Fire Ward creates a field on the ground. If the enemies are within the field, fire spells do more damage. As you level it up the field gets bigger (so it's easier to catch more folks in them) and the damage boost goes up.

Fire Ward + Blaze = Obscene damage. Especially if you hit them with Slow. They're basically stuck in the field eating damage.

Huff

Banned
Having a hard time with the ancient dragon with the sorceress and AI characters. Any tips? Or a way to do it with online players?

Nevermind. Just beat normal. Had to grind to get some AI that were higher levels and then I didn't have too much trouble.

Still wondering if you can do the final boss with random online people

Much like most rpgs, I live a life of abject regret over how I spec'ed my sorceress.

I have to wait until the
chaos labyrinth
to get a potion, right?

Haha.
Sorry, I was just annoyed at the time because some Dwarf players would pick up and grab an enemy while I was attacking... x.x
As a dwarf player I can see how chucking an enemy would annoy someone next to me. But, I try to go after stragglers and throw them into a crowd, THEN jump in and power smash. However, double jumping with a scorpion into a mega spike is really fun. So totally pointless and so satisfying.
Much like most rpgs, I live a life of abject regret over how I spec'ed my sorceress.

I have to wait until the
chaos labyrinth
to get a potion, right?
Yeah 3rd floor complete. Not sure if you can repeat it tho for the potion.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Do only certain trophies sync between the vita and PS3 versions?

I got the last talisman and the trophy for it on my Vita, but when I continue the save after downloading it on my PS3, the trophy doesn't pop.

I also noticed it did this with the Bury 100 Bones trophy as that didn't sync and I ended up hitting it on the PS3 to unlock it.

Skerj

Is it confirmed that people are hacking? Or is this just speculation.

It's confirmed, I've seen a few save modifications pop up while I was searching for Wizard info a few days ago.

Why didn't anyone tell me to fight that damn red dragon in the room instead of leaving and trying to fight him on that walkway!?

Bucca

It's confirmed, I've seen a few save modifications pop up while I was searching for Wizard info a few days ago.

Why didn't anyone tell me to fight that damn red dragon in the room instead of leaving and trying to fight him on that walkway!?

What's the benefit of fighting him in the room? I fought him in the hallway and still managed to get the talisman.

Skerj

What's the benefit of fighting him in the room? I fought him in the hallway and still managed to get the talisman.

Either no time limit or a radically increased one, he just takes up the entire room. His stomp rocks are pretty easy to avoid though, fire. ..well I got owned by it the first time.
Took us a while to kill it considering it was 2 of us around its level fighting it because the useless AI died.

Bucca

Either no time limit or a radically increased one, he just takes up the entire room. His stomp rocks are pretty easy to avoid though, fire. ..well I got owned by it the first time.

I had only one AI partner jump in when I was fighting him in the hallway so it was quite tough. Once I got to the ballistas though, those helped a ton.

Sanctuary

Fire Ward creates a field on the ground. If the enemies are within the field, fire spells do more damage. As you level it up the field gets bigger (so it's easier to catch more folks in them) and the damage boost goes up.

Fire Ward + Blaze = Obscene damage. Especially if you hit them with Slow. They're basically stuck in the field eating damage.

I've already been using the Slow + Blaze combo for literally every boss for ages now. I've also been swapping in a +35% increased damage, +15% fire damage, +20% damage/mana wand and things already melt. I ended up dumping points into Fire Ward just to see if it actually worked with damage, and it definitely does. Complete mistranslation for sure. Haven't checked yet to see if it actually affects the other two elements, but I wouldn't be surprised if it does. Damage draught also stacks. Killed hard Medusa in 6s after everything was stacked.

MooMoo

There's a quest with a pretty nice reward for killing him in that room. I think the reward was like 100k gold, 200k exp, 1 sp or something along those lines.

Playing online for the first time, I came across a set of bones with a death message in Japanese and I grabbed them up as usual. Much to my surprise when checking later that they belonged to a level 99 player. The cost to revive was something like 300k or something else absurdly high (edit: just checked and it was 3 million), so there was no chance I could afford to revive them even if I wanted to absolutely break the game.

But out of curiosity I checked what equipment they had, and the equipment in the first bag was almost too good. It was all level 99, but it appeared to be some sort of set, in that the effects on each piece of armor were mostly the same between each piece, down to % numbers on each effect. And these were some crazy high numbers too, like 3 different pieces with +330% kick damage, and 3 with +500% knockback resistance. Every piece of armor had +300% retribution damage for 3 different elements, and the weapon was 255-255 damage with +300% bonus damage for 3 different elements. So yeah, crazy good... suspiciously good.

Anyway, after sating my curiosity, I decided to bury their bones, and as a reward I got the amulet they had equipped. Knowing full well I wasn't near high enough level to equip it, I went to my inventory to look at the item, only to have the game crash as soon as I pulled up the accessory page. I rebooted my PS3 to find that the game reverted to my last autosave. Just for good measure, I buried the same player again, and got the same amulet as a reward, and the game crashed at the same point when I pulled up my inventory.

So GAF, is it fair to assume this player was hacking their items? Has anyone else run into hackers or similar weirdness in their games?

Sweet lord =/...

Yesterday, I had a bone lv99 Fighter as well. I thought it was normal since i was in Infernal. Well, the money for resurrect was too high, around 10mil so i just went and buried him instead and received an item.

But then i noticed something strange in my inventory. It's a heal potion (S) but the restock amount is 90000 and can be sold for 12mil =/. I thought it's from someone who rocked the Chaos maze, not the hacked item, so i just sold it for that money. Now i'm not so sure...

I'm on Vita, by the way.

Anyone else having same strange issue?

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a list of boss weakness elements? Trying to do the solo chimera and archdemon quests on hard as sorceress but I keep running out of time :/

Fermbiz

Gold Member
I soloed my way to infernal, no NPC's. Going after the minotaur with my lvl 62 amazon. Pretty challenging.. I had to stop playing because my hand really started to hurt after marathon sessions I've played. Already put in 50+ hours.

ced

This game is an absolute blast to play.

My dwarf is awesome now with throws and bombs / barrels. Juggling mobs then doing the aerial grab and pile driver is fun too.

LadyRiven

Can someone enlighten me on the camp thing? I've only seen it once so far, when I joined someone else's game. Is there something I have to do in order to make it show up in between stages for me? Or is it just random?

Yo is there a good guide out for this anywhere? I feel like there are just a ton of little things I don't understand. This is pretty much my first game of its kind

kamakazi5

I just started playing tonight and really liking it so far. I'm playing as the wizard right now but wondering if I should change to the elf before going too much further. Does she have any decent magic skills?

Ultimadrago

Sweet lord how do I kill Ancient Dragon?

What difficulty are you on?

Can someone enlighten me on the camp thing? I've only seen it once so far, when I joined someone else's game. Is there something I have to do in order to make it show up in between stages for me? Or is it just random?

I've read that it's random, but it seems to always show up first after I've chained two dungeons in a row. That's not a definite answer though.

Marvelous

Beat the
Demon King
. It was just me and another person.
People, always carry a spare weapon. My weapon broke during the battle but luckily I had another one. :3

zaccheus

Banned
I've got a question. Im playing this game with a few friends, and turning in and grabbing quests is a real pain in the ass. Is there anyway to make it so that we don't have to do it individually one by one?

Top Bottom