• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Crown |OT| Knock down the crown

Sweet lord how do I kill Ancient Dragon?

What level is recommended for the final boss? Getting my ass kicked on it at the moment.

I had a fighter at lvl 35 (cap for normal) and pretty much all level 35 S gear, and I couldn't do it solo. I used 2 dwarf and an amazon a.i. to meatshield long enough so I could reflect back enough green orbs so my cover survived an extra round of dragon's breath.

I think I only had like 30 hp left, definitely only one hit. I used like 15 health pots (3 slots).

Send me a message if you guys need help, it's super frustrating solo or with braindead a.i. (psn itsnervedamage).

Almost a week after release, a full week after my order status changed and Amazon still has me at "shipping soon"...

I'm not getting my art book am I?

Easily the first time that Amazon has let me down on a video game release.

george_us

What difficulty are you on?

I had a fighter at lvl 35 (cap for normal) and pretty much all level 35 S gear, and I couldn't do it solo. I used 2 dwarf and an amazon a.i. to meatshield long enough so I could reflect back enough green orbs so my cover survived an extra round of dragon's breath.

I think I only had like 30 hp left, definitely only one hit. I used like 15 health pots (3 slots).

Send me a message if you guys need help, it's super frustrating solo or with braindead a.i. (psn itsnervedamage).
Playing on normal.

The closest I got him down to was 10% health but my party wiped and it's obscenely difficult to dodge the Dragon's attacks AND those damn skeletons.

Camjo-Z

I wish this game were cross-buy, having a blast with it on PS3 and would love to play on Vita when someone else wants the TV... but an extra $40 is a bit hard to justify for the same game. You'd think they'd at least give a digital discount or something.

Owensboro

So....uh.... I think I just stumbled on a bug.

I beat the game on Normal, started Hard, and immediately switched back to normal to finish a quest (beat Ancient Temple Ruins B by yourself) and got the talisman for it... on Normal.

I then switched back to Hard and just finished a 6 B-Path level run that should have gotten me 6 Talismans. Upon completion, it scrolled through the "Congratulations" messages ("You got the Blue Talisman!") but then immediately upon entering town I hear the narrator say "Collect the 9 Talismans to weaken the dragon".

...wait....9? That can't be right, I just got 6.

What the hell, I don't have any Talismans in my inventory. I switch back to normal and see that I have the 1 talisman for the Ancient Temple Ruins.... Crap.

Anyone run into this, and know a way to fix it? I'd hate to abandon my character!

So....uh.... I think I just stumbled on a bug.

I beat the game on Normal, started Hard, and immediately switched back to normal to finish a quest (beat Ancient Temple Ruins B by yourself) and got the talisman for it... on Normal.

I then switched back to Hard and just finished a 6 B-Path level run that should have gotten me 6 Talismans. Upon completion, it scrolled through the "Congratulations" messages ("You got the Blue Talisman!") but then immediately upon entering town I hear the narrator say "Collect the 9 Talismans to weaken the dragon".

...wait....9? That can't be right, I just got 6.

What the hell, I don't have any Talismans in my inventory. I switch back to normal and see that I have the 1 talisman for the Ancient Temple Ruins.... Crap.

Anyone run into this, and know a way to fix it? I'd hate to abandon my character!

Don't worry, the narrator just says what you have to do, you don't have to care about it.

LadyRiven

Almost a week after release, a full week after my order status changed and Amazon still has me at "shipping soon"...

I'm not getting my art book am I?

Easily the first time that Amazon has let me down on a video game release.

Oh dear. When did you order yours? I didn't order too long before release and I got it on release day.

Velcro Fly

I don't think I've seen AI so useless as I did on the B-side of the Pirate's Cove

While on the boat they just stood there. The tentacles attacked me and only me so that part we failed as the boat crashed. On the actual Kraken they just stood there and kept getting killed. So awful for some reason

Then doing the fortress B-side

They just stand in front of the game and get killed in seconds by fire. Seriously how the fuck did the AI go from alright for most of the game and turn into complete morons for the rest of the game. I don't know how anyone can solo this fight. I know I'm supposed to use cannonballs on the cannon to break down the door. Too bad I drop the cannonball the second I get looked at and with my AI partners being ridiculously stupid I'm getting hit constantly because they are either dead or standing there on fire.

Grisby

Online is hectic but a lot of fun. Vita slowdown doesn't bother me but I hate if there is even a hint of lag because it makes attacking enemies a bit shit. Luckily that hasn't been too much of an issue.

Connecting sometimes takes a bit long too.

Owensboro

Ok, well, I fixed it but it took a while. I just went back through on normal and did a boss rush, running right as soon as possible and skipping all chests. After getting all the Talisman again, I fought and killed the last boss. It reset everything and I can finally get Talisman on Hard again (checked by clearing one B-path and going back to town).

That was....strange.

Ultimadrago

Ok, well, I fixed it but it took a while. I just went back through on normal and did a boss rush, running right as soon as possible and skipping all chests. After getting all the Talisman again, I fought and killed the last boss. It reset everything and I can finally get Talisman on Hard again (checked by clearing one B-path and going back to town).

That was....strange.

I'm glad you got it worked out. It definitely sounded strange and I'd never encountered a similar issue. Hopefully, it doesn't pop up again.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Is elf or amazon more technical? Been playing the whole game as sorceress, just beat hard mode. Thinking of switching to something more combo oriented/complex for a while.

I don't think I've seen AI so useless as I did on the B-side of the Pirate's Cove

While on the boat they just stood there. The tentacles attacked me and only me so that part we failed as the boat crashed. On the actual Kraken they just stood there and kept getting killed. So awful for some reason

Then doing the fortress B-side

They just stand in front of the game and get killed in seconds by fire. Seriously how the fuck did the AI go from alright for most of the game and turn into complete morons for the rest of the game. I don't know how anyone can solo this fight. I know I'm supposed to use cannonballs on the cannon to break down the door. Too bad I drop the cannonball the second I get looked at and with my AI partners being ridiculously stupid I'm getting hit constantly because they are either dead or standing there on fire.

For me they will load the cannons with cannon balls. A bug maybe?

What happens if you make it through without capsizing?

Also if I go to hard mode, will I have to redo all those side quests?

I picked up the bones of a Japanese player. I'll see if they have hacked gear. If so I'll bury them and hope I don't get a drop.

Liberty4all

Banned
As a sorcerous what is the proper balance of armour versus spells. I tend to go almost naked spells wise and load up on my spells. I let my wife (amazon) take all the damage/punishment.

Velcro Fly

For me they will load the cannons with cannon balls. A bug maybe?

What happens if you make it through without capsizing?

Also if I go to hard mode, will I have to redo all those side quests?

The door would spit out fire and destroy the cannon before anyone would do anything. They honestly just stood there and just died the entire time. They all had at least 2 rezzes left but after two minutes I was basically alone. Not sure if it's a bug but the boss was down about 30% from max and that was it. The cannons kept getting destroyed until finally I found an exit and escaped. Was really frustrating.

The door would spit out fire and destroy the cannon before anyone would do anything. They honestly just stood there and just died the entire time. They all had at least 2 rezzes left but after two minutes I was basically alone. Not sure if it's a bug but the boss was down about 30% from max and that was it. The cannons kept getting destroyed until finally I found an exit and escaped. Was really frustrating.

It's weird because I've seen them stand in fire and die and I've seen them do things like double jump over chasms (Forgotten Sanctuary).

They are pretty decent usually but they definitely fuck up sometimes.

If you don't know what you're doing when on the for b path with the
red dragon
the better strategy is to do as much damage in the room, before attempting to exit and
end up on the path where you have to use your shield constantly.

Jesus Christ people annoy me when it comes to the cooking minigame. XD

I think it should be locked to each players column. If there are two players, have 2 stoves and bowls for each player, and so on. I just had a round where the guy was a far better cook than me, but was using 3 out of the 4 stoves to boost all his stats, practically leaving me with 1 stove and no good ingredients.

joesmokey

Just got to the part on Normal where
the gate becomes unstable yet you need to collect 9 talismans from each area in a specific, level-based progression order.
Screw the designer who thought it would be fun to put in this money sink.

Seil

the gate becomes unstable yet you need to collect 9 talismans from each area in a specific, level-based progression order.

You don't have to collect the talismans in any particular order. And the stable cost isn't actually too bad, you make it back without trying, especially if you chain dungeons together. It was a bit annoying at first to me but I quickly got over it.

Cocaloch

I don't understand what your problem with this is.

ToyBroker

Banned

Ya not sure of the problem with this.

This game needed a money sink SOO very badly.

I woulda expected at least 2x the cost of the stables.

joesmokey

You don't have to collect the talismans in any particular order. And the stable cost isn't actually too bad, you make it back without trying, especially if you chain dungeons together. It was a bit annoying at first to me but I quickly got over it.
You can, but the bosses required to collect the talismans are leveled (assuming each needs the alternate route). I've typically found that you need to be around the boss' level to properly fight.

Also, this game has plenty of money sinks already (appraising always costing more than being able to sell, resurrecting, etc.). Though this complaint is probably only an issue near the start of the game I imagine.

maomaoIYP

You can, but the bosses required to collect the talismans are leveled (assuming each needs the alternate route). I've typically found that you need to be around the boss' level to properly fight.

Also, this game has plenty of money sinks already (appraising always costing more than being able to sell, resurrecting, etc.). Though this complaint is probably only an issue near the start of the game I imagine.

Actually if you've chained a few dungeons and a couple of cooking festivals you can take out the B path bosses way below your level. I've done a few almost 10 levels under.

george_us

Hahahahaha holy shit I just slapped fire from the Ancient Dragon. All I needed was a couple of strength buffs and he went down like a bitch.

Wait wtf. The Amazon is
a dude?

Seil

I'm still in normal collecting talismans. Rather, I'm completing side quests and collecting talismans when a chain takes me somewhere I don't have the talisman from. I've not really been giving any attention to the level of the boss and have collected them in a fairly random order so far. Pretty sure I was under-leveled for a couple. I'm an elf, though, so mileage may vary.

I also only appraise things that look like they'll be useful, which means not many items at all. I have more gold than I have anything to do with and I have for quite some time. But different people will obviously have different experiences. Hopefully it won't bother you much once you get further in.

Got to level 99 and beat the last boss on the Inferno .
All that left is to beat the last 3 stages of labyrinth of chaos before go to another class .

Sanctuary

Is there a list of boss weakness elements? Trying to do the solo chimera and archdemon quests on hard as sorceress but I keep running out of time :/

From GameFAQs:
Harpy, weak against thunder
Medusa, no weaknesses/strengths

Minotaur, weak against thunder
Gargoyle Gate, strong against fire

Golem, no weaknesses/strength
Arch Demon, No weaknesses/strengths

Wyvern, weak against ice
Red Dragon, weak against ice, strong against flame

Vampire, weak against thunder
Wraith, strong against ice

Warlock, no weaknesses/strengths
Chimera, no weaknesses/strengths

Doom Beetle, weak against fire
Cyclops, no weakness/strengths

Pirate gang, weak against thunder
Kraken, weak against thunder

Gazer, weak against fire,ice,thunder
Killer Rabbit, weak against fire

While I'm not sure about the solo X boss quests, I do know that you can set the difficulty back down to normal for some quests you've taken in the later difficulties and complete them. I assume it works for everything, unless special items are difficulty locked.

So is there anything actually interesting about the Fighter?

I've played the Wizard and the Dwarf and those 2 are both different. The Wizard is you regular spell casting guy and the Dwarf hurls himself at the enemies and can throw the enemies as well.

So is their anything special about the Fighter? I've been playing him for a while and I'm at lvl 11 right now and he doesn't seem to have any awe inducing moves. So far I've just been playing him like a typical warrior and pressing square for combos and circle for the usual power smash. There has to be more to him I'm missing right, unless his shield allies move is his special ability.

For those that have finished it: Best beat-em up of all time?
I would say it's my favourite of this generation of beat 'em ups with RPG mechanics, with Double Dragon Neon being right there beside it.

Of all time? Nah, I think it ends up being a bit too shallow for it to be numbah one and the blatant Vita-isms of it end up being a drag on a controller. But it's good, it's really fun, and I would easily call it Vanillaware's best game thus far. Quick burst dungeon romps with randoms makes it stand out from their past output, as well as the other beat 'em ups of this gen.

Ferrio

Banned
Is there a way to trigger rune magic without clicking on a rune first? I wanna use one of my runes as the starting rune in the word...

Top Bottom