• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen PC |OT| Wolves hunt in 4K

I need to get on the Steam group so I can rent Pawns from here. I keep forgetting!

Mine is a pretty decent Scather/Challenger fighter pawn.

Steam Username: Primethius

Lanrutcon

is it always night at BBI? asking for the assasin augments.
also, how do I reset BBI so I can run it for experience?

Liftstone out, go back in. Resets normal enemies. Rest once to respawn everything, scept chests. Chests take 7 days of rest.

Make sure to rest on the mainland, NOT on the BBI bench. The BBI bench only passed 1 hour per rest.

KarmaCow

Do you lose on anything significant if you plan on doing stuff like BBI in NG+? I'm playing on hard mode so I'm thinking about just finishing this run and doing the other stuff in a NG+ since hard mode is pretty tedious.

Lanrutcon

Do you lose on anything significant if you plan on doing stuff like BBI in NG+? I'm playing on hard mode so I'm thinking about just finishing this run and doing the other stuff in a NG+ since hard mode is pretty tedious.

Yes!

All your mainland vendors reset. So you have to do the relevant quests again to get them to sell good shit. Like for example, infinite Blast Arrows. Kinda handy.

Momentary

Banned
Man I wish they would take away weight limits in BBI.. I can't even blink before I have to go back, unload, and trek back through where I left off at. This last time I got carried away with this arena thing I just found out about in BBI since I actually took the time to come to the boards.

By the way. I used the monster essence attract bull crap before entering the arena... I've got to level up a little more. That wasn't fun.

Edit: Fiend-Luring Incense

MikeyB

It's really disappointing that Bitterblack Isle reuses its locations. Like cmon, there's basically 3 'zones', you couldnt do more than basically copying and pasting them?
I think at that point, the game wasn't as much of a success as they had hoped and they used what they had designed.

It is very samey. Luckily, the underlying combat and cursed gear idea makes it shine.

KarmaCow

Yes!

All your mainland vendors reset. So you have to do the relevant quests again to get them to sell good shit. Like for example, infinite Blast Arrows. Kinda handy.

But it shouldn't be too hard to get to the post-game state if you're just blazing through main quests though right?

I'd need to do a second run anyway for the second gold idol and getting another one of those weal giving flowers.

Cutwolf

...What? the quest markers should point you exactly to where should go. The pier is right in your starting town, but don't go there unless you've beaten the game first.

The only quest marker I have is the blue circle on the pier (presumably to go to that island).

garath

Am I petty? Someone rented my pawn and gave her 1 stars saying something like "she died often". Checked out that person and found out they are only level 19 to my 30. Not quite sure how my pawn would have died often on him.

So I found his pawn and returned the 1 star favor with a fine gift of rotten meat. 3 stars are one thing but 1 star is just mean.

Lanrutcon

Am I petty? Someone rented my pawn and gave her 1 stars saying something like "she died often". Checked out that person and found out they are only level 19 to my 30. Not quite sure how my pawn would have died often on him.

So I found his pawn and returned the 1 star favor with a fine gift of rotten meat. 3 stars are one thing but 1 star is just mean.

Someone gave me 2 stars and said my pawn wasn't good looking :( it hurt more than any boss attack ever could.

./sniff

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
As someone who loves this game I aint going to sit here and pretend this game aint janky.
Okay.

Still haven't explained what is janky about it.

The cut scene animations? Um, okay. The romance system? Beyond janky, it's borderline broken.

The combat, controls? Not a chance in the seven hells.

So yeah, I'd prefer elaboration.

disappointed, game looked cool but ended up being way too janky for me

After finishing the main story, I'm not thrilled in continuing. I didn't get any loot that stuck out and my abilities were kinda lame after I changed vocation. Those mystic knight gifs are cool but I have no idea how to get them; maybe that's my fault.

MikeyB

After finishing the main story, I'm not thrilled in continuing. I didn't get any loot that stuck out and my abilities were kinda lame after I changed vocation. Those mystic knight gifs are cool but I have no idea how to get them; maybe that's my fault.
Level up mystic knight and buy the skills that open. But the magic archer is better.

Also, the main story is meh. BBI outclasses it easily.

Level up mystic knight and buy the skills that open. But the magic archer is better.

I was rank 7 or so but the game wouldn't let me get anything besides shitty shield spells or the same sword skills from the beginning of the game from what I can tell.

Someone gave me 2 stars and said my pawn wasn't good looking :( it hurt more than any boss attack ever could.

./sniff

yea, yall petty, lol
pML02cU.jpg

disappointed, game looked cool but ended up being way too janky for me

Aint gonna lie, im quite interested in what you find to be janky.

Magick Archer suuuuuuuuuucks

almost all of the abilities require a really long charge and the bow isn't as fun to use as the physical one

only two abilities i've liked out of magick archer are sunburst/sunflare (which is really awesome) and magickal flare for nighttime (even though with the abundance of camps and eternal ferrystone night isn't a problem at all)

3rd sanctum of BBI, below lvl 75. Oh boy lol

Basically running through hoping to find some cursed gear. That god damned room with the
Condemned cyclops and enemy sorcerer casting Maelstrom...and then they summon a few garm on top!

I feel so helpless at the moment. I really can't wait to get my Revenant Wail to smoke these clowns

Ultrabum

Janky how exactly?

And I just finished all 4 wyrm hunt quests, should I do anything before seeing the duke?

...Janky? How?

This game is janky as fuck. All enemy and ally AI pathing is terrible and ally AI is constantly clipping through rocks and other terrain and shit. When I climb dragons the rag doll physics frequently put my entire character model inside of the dragon, rendering my character invisible. Camera angles fight harder than any boss I have faced. Cutscenes start and end abruptly and bizarly, with you frequently being able to move and perform actions during them.

Despite these problems, the game is quite good and I have been enjoying it a lot. It may be one of my favorite games, but it is certainly a janky game.

Mostly all the vocations suck early on as the most badass skills dont start unlocking till around level 5-6, same goes for mystic knight. If you aint got those skills, then you havent been using the mystic knight for long enough or you havent bought em and equipped them.

And also, aint no one praising the story, the story is garbo. WHen the game first came out, that was one of the main reasons people said this game sucked. But when Bitter Black isle dropped, all that shit changed, real quick. Its the action in Bitterblack isle and ever fall, thats when the real game starts in my opinion.

This game is janky as fuck. All enemy and ally AI pathing is terrible and ally AI is constantly clipping through rocks and other terrain and shit. When I climb dragons the rag doll physics frequently put my entire character model inside of the dragon, rendering my character invisible. Camera angles fight harder than any boss I have faced. Cutscenes start and end abruptly and bizarly, with you frequently being able to move and perform actions during them.

Wow, thats............interesting. I've never seen any of that. Not one thing you mentioned here, ive seen before, on consoles nor PC.

Asks to create an account on mobile, screenshot por favor?

I second this, it ask me to create profile.

Oh, I just remembered the biggest jank I've experienced.

So I go to the castle and the guard tells me to stop. I am now in prison for some reason. I begin by reequipping my gear, because I was suddenly wearing prisoner's rags for some reason, then I unlock the door with a skeleton key and march out of there like nothing happened.

Jank!

Cerity

It's QLOC, nothing overly special on the page.

ShPuMGp.png

Also only janky thing I find about the game are the quests, hopefully they get someone more talented in if they ever decide to do DD2.

Does it matter which room?

Yes, it works in the big, circular arena looking areas with a cliff on one side.

The Rotunda of Dread, which is the upper north door in Duskmoon Tower, the place with all the deer/rabbits.

The Black Abbey, I think it's called, located midway down the tall tower you descend, has a group of wargs or phantasms on the bridge to the door.

I think it also works in the arena where you first fight a Living Armor, not sure though.

Magick Archer suuuuuuuuuucks

This is prolly the worst opinion yet here, MA is very powerful and is the single most powerful class in the BBI expansion, it's really no contest.

In case somebody was wondering who created PC port, here is the answer https://www.linkedin.com/company/ql...2865405952&type=U&scope=753970&stype=C&a=3Tok

"Created" is a big word, QLOC handled the pc version yes, but this game isn't a port, MTF is a pc centric engine and the workflow requires that a pc version exists before it gets ported to console.
QLOC handled this under supervision from capcom osaka, they probably made some finishing touches, added some features and did the QC.

holy fuck the last boss is annoying (before post game) he just grabs you and instakills you I am grabing onto his heart slashing it. Doesnt help I am a magick archer and no one in my party has dark mgaic

Top Bottom