• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen PC |OT| Wolves hunt in 4K

DD's combat is also better than Souls.

eh I dunno, Souls definitely has better enemy and design and variety with more nuanced swordplay but DD has got climbing and I think the vocation/skill system does a much better job of providing meaningful variety than different Souls builds.

Akiller

4e7db398d6.jpg

[X button intensifies]

oh

my

god

I'm trying to five-star your post but I can't seem to find the rating bar...

Also, put a teleport crystal in there.

Artdayne

eh I dunno, Souls definitely has better enemy and design and variety with more nuanced swordplay but DD has got climbing and I think the vocation/skill system does a much better job of providing meaningful variety than different Souls builds.

DD also does magic a lot better than Souls. As for enemy design I think BBI stands up to most of what you see in a From Soft game. Adding the element of climbing changes everything, it makes fights with Dragon's, condemned gorecyclops etc much more interesting.

I prefer DD's combat to DS but I really appreciate DS regardless. DD just scratches that itch better than DS does.

Anyways, does anyone else have an issue with Post-Daimon BBI in which the way marker doesn't tell you how to get deeper into BBI? It leads you to the next room after Duskmoon then from that point it always points you back to Duskmoon then when you go back through the marked door...it'll tell you to go back to Duskmoon.

I prefer DD's combat to DS but I really appreciate DS regardless. DD just scratches that itch better than DS does.

Anyways, does anyone else have an issue with Post-Daimon BBI in which the way marker doesn't tell you how to get deeper into BBI? It leads you to the next room after Duskmoon then from that point it always points you back to Duskmoon then when you go back through the marked door...it'll tell you to go back to Duskmoon.

Did you go to the void door or the other one?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Would it work if I used ice enchanter on a better mace?

Sure. The buff duration on MK's enchantments is kind of garbo tho. The innate element makes it so you don't have to refresh it if you get hit by a wayward tail swipe or something.

Indignate

is it worthwhile to keep the wyrmking ring and give the duke a forgery?

Yes. It isn't regular equipment, so it doesn't take up an accessory slot, and it can replace Articulacy, freeing up a augment slot (or you can combine the two for more decreased spell time).

You can steal the Paladin Cape before turning the ring in so you don't lose out on anything.

Sarcasm

So question about the No Honor Among Thieves and Thick As Thieves.

I done the one from the male one to kill the females and talk to traitor.

My question is I am almost to the female hideout, if I go in can I pick up the other quest?

I ask cause I talked to traitor and now I am near the female hideout. Be nice to pick it up since I think the male bandits outside the castle have respawned.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Wyrmking Ring is invaluable if you play Sorcerer and still really, really nice for MK/Mage. There's no reason to give the original over a forgery as you can just steal the cloak the Duke would have given you with the real ring.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Man I thought I was about done with the game, tried Sorceror for a bit but it was ridiculously frustrating, a stiff breeze will interrupt your casting. It was really getting me down. Then I switched to Assassin again and holy shit I forgot how great assassin is. Good climber, decent ranged (fivefold is still pretty beefy), strong melee, what's not to love?

Torn between MK and Assassin, love them both. Not really digging the top-end looks for heavy armor though, I'll probably stick with Assassin for a bit.

LiQuid!

I've only dabbled in assassin, but they seem like the only hybrid that doesn't have a unique hook. What do they offer that the other bow classes don't?

Maximo

Playing a new game with Sorcerer and just started getting the spells that call down Meteors and Ice Pillars towards a enemy, man Im never getting tired of how flashy the moves are, even taking down goblins with meteors is beyond satisfying.

Steel

Banned
I've only dabbled in assassin, but they seem like the only hybrid that doesn't have a unique hook. What do they offer that the other bow classes don't?

What they have isn't really in the bow persay. Its bow skills are kinda a combo of ranger and strider with a couple of unique status ailment skills. What makes them unique are their melee skills:

Both dagger and sword:
Parries that do large amounts of damage.

For Dagger:
-They have the equivalent of haste(wind harness) makes your attacks and movement super fast. Great skill.
-Invisibility
-Poison

For Sword:
-The highest damaging skill to use while climbing: Dire Gouge.
-Can plant a bomb that can be detonated at will... Additionally, all of the distance you walked since planting the bomb will be covered in a trail of gunpowder that will also detonate on the way back to the bomb.
-Windmill slash: Ultra fast attack skill that can be used while moving

I know I'm missing something, mind you.

Is there any way to check the experience needed for the next rank of a vocation? How do you actually level up a vocation? Is it through using their skills or just XP or what.

dreamfall

Hey, Cheated Death!

Bitterblack Isle has been so wild thus far, I was having some major trouble on the Gazer at level 50ish, but it's been getting better. Really enjoying it more than the main game,
dat Dark Souls shortcut!
Feeling good!

Styles

So, do MK skills like cannons, holy furor etc all scale with your magic stat? If so should I just use swords with highest magical attribute?

silva1991

Is there any way to check the experience needed for the next rank of a vocation? How do you actually level up a vocation? Is it through using their skills or just XP or what.

No you can't as far as I know

DCP = vocation experience points.

the final rank requires almost 10K dcp.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Buy 50 (infinite) empty flasks.

Travel to a healing spring.

Stock up on spring water.

Distribute to all your pawns.

For some reason my pawns have usually hated using consumables unless they're on deaths door, but they spam the shit out of spring water, so get LOTS of it. They will use it to heal themselves, you, revive each other (at least I'm pretty sure I've seen pawns getting up without my help when we have it)
I don't think they revive, do they?

Problem with this method is that they can chug it quite easily to heal themselves, so if you got squishy pawns you burn through those bottles real fast and it's tedious to always refill them.

is it worthwhile to keep the wyrmking ring and give the duke a forgery?
Yep.

Vamphuntr

Hey, Cheated Death!

Bitterblack Isle has been so wild thus far, I was having some major trouble on the Gazer at level 50ish, but it's been getting better. Really enjoying it more than the main game,
dat Dark Souls shortcut!
Feeling good!

I'm kind of in the opposite boat. I really don't like BBI. I enjoyed the main and post game but I feel like I'm too weak and have only bad items to do it. Pawns are always dead and I do little damage to everything.

David___

Banned

You level up vocations by getting discipline points. A percentage of XP gives you discipline points and the percentage gets lower the more xp you get in a single kill.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I'm kind of in the opposite boat. I really don't like BBI. I enjoyed the main and post game but I feel like I'm too weak and have only bad items to do it. Pawns are always dead and I do little damage to everything.

Spend some more time in Everfall, maybe do Ur-dragon offline (and try to get it on an online grace period). BBI is possibly my favorite ARPG experience ever.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Playing on hard makes me overlevelled I think. I see level 70 pawns with gold-forged level 3 weapons and I'm barely past the Bishop and above 100 now. Started BBI at level like 75, jumped 30 levels just doing normal stuff. Damn.

Really? I thought people recommended farming lower XP mobs for DCP.

That's what he's saying in essence. When you get say 100k from a boss you will get very little if any DCP (percentage gets lower the more xp you get in a single kill). Which is why you kill bandits and other fodder which give very little XP which means higher percentage of DCP.

Sarcasm

Thick As Thieves, how do you feed the ogre? I pick up the bodies and I can only throw it. SO I get there and throw and the body immediately disappears...

That's what he's saying in essence. When you get say 100k from a boss you will get very little if any DCP (percentage gets lower the more xp you get in a single kill). Which is why you kill bandits and other fodder which give very little XP which means higher percentage of DCP.

Tbh if one's gonna cheese lower level enemies or the palace guards for dcp, might as well go offline mode, download a trainer and get 999k dcp + all professions maxed. Same difference, just takes way less time idling.

Is there any way to view the full map ingame?

Esc => map => world

Tbh if one's gonna cheese lower level enemies or the palace guards for dcp, might as well go offline mode, download a trainer and get 999k dcp + all professions maxed. Same difference, just takes way less time idling.

But that's how the system is designed to work. Minions give you a higher percentage of DCP, bosses give you XP.

Like if there was a boss survival mode, you'd be fighting for hours just to get one vocation rank, it's by design.

David___

Banned
But that's how the system is designed to work. Minions give you a higher percentage of DCP, bosses give you XP.

Like if there was a boss survival mode, you'd be fighting for hours just to get one vocation rank, it's by design.

Exactly. The way it is now allows all enemies to be worth fighting and not just trash you avoid just to get to the bigger enemies.

These mods are blowing up my mind.

It's by design.

Pretty much, especially the automatic vocation post-game ranking trick thing. That's definitely deliberate.

It's these cheat engine things that give you whatevers in memory and then you save and update the savefile to the server that is broke. . . like pawns all over with all the beastiary knowledge.

Like normally a pawn would have to observe over 200 griffin kills or something to get the 3 star (and that's just for one monster).

iosefe

ok, i'me level 54, i've run the everfall a bit, and briefly dabbled in Bitterblack.

is there any reason i shouldn't finish the run, and go NG+? and should i hard mode?

Venfayth

Postgame spoilers

Tried to do the postgame clear skies glitch, but I messed up and killed the dragon on the bridge. Oh well. Will probably try it again next time and actually back my save up like you're supposed to.

Is there a mod to bring back clear skies postgame? I hate how gloomy it is - I know the world is a gloomy place in postgame but seriously I love the blue skies in this game lol.

Thick As Thieves, how do you feed the ogre? I pick up the bodies and I can only throw it. SO I get there and throw and the body immediately disappears...
Stand in front of the cyclops and when it goes to grab you, let go of the goblin and he'll grab it instead.

Might take a few tries.

Top Bottom