• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen PC |OT| Wolves hunt in 4K

Wait what? What set?

Carrion. I am min-maxing my little pawn of magic death.

I got the helmet with the Str and Mag boost when seen by enemies; but I need the other 3 with certain bonus abilities.

Carrion Chest - Gradually restores Health
Carrion Arms - Restores Stamina when you deliver the killing blow to the enemy
Carrion Legs - Boosts movement speed while casting spells

EDIT - I think I misread your post. When you beat the Dragon you get a great cloth chest piece. And when you beat the game you get the Duke's outfit. You have to do this on hard.

Sanctuary

At this point, I'm not sure what I want to keep my pawn as. I already know the stats they will have by level 200, and that won't change. What I'm unsure of though is keeping her a Fighter (Blitz, Maw, Summon and that's it) or turn her back into a Strider. I honestly don't know what people need more of when renting. I started out with the intention of keeping her as a Fighter at the end, but with a much better, average stat spread instead of 500+ defense and 190 magic defense, plus with a much higher than average stamina for Maw mashing.

Typically, most level 200 fighter pawns I see have great gear, but so many players give them a bunch of needless skills that ends up making them stand around acting totally useless more often than not. Similarly with all of the ridiculous Sorcerer pawns that have not just one, but two tier 2 super long casting spells (that usually miss, or are misused badly like Maelstrom). On my friends list, I've been routinely using a Sorceress that has a bunch of useful support skills, with only High Miasma as her "big" spell, and she's been super good. The long casting shit is something I wish more people would learn is terrible for a pawn, unless you're a Sorcerer too standing next to the pawn casting a spell that they have. Even then it's still a pretty situational gamble.

I don't really care about achievements especially not steam ones but some of these are really shitty especially one that *final boss spoiler*
you have to let yourself be killed by the Seneschal? Really?

It's kinda required for the story though, all the "fail" endings explain certain things that happen in the world, and it's not like the game doesn't just put you right back right before the "fail".

Tenebrous

best_animated_images_car_jump_in.gif

My partner bought the game for me today, and I've played for four hours straight before jumping into the thread.

I gotta say, the opening 90 or so minutes were a bit disappointing, but I understand why they're like that. Everything is so limited (and that makes sense), and I wasn't enjoying my class gameplay (mage), but the further I get, the more I unlock, and the more I buy, the more I find myself enjoying the game.

Story seems shite, which doesn't really bother me at all. I just read the dialog fast & move on with the gameplay & exploration, because the dungeon delving is what I truly love in RPGs.

Hoping to be 20 hours in by Sunday, and will no doubt like it even more by then.

jahasaja

What're your settings. You might have to turn down the resolution to 720p as well as the settings to low.

Thanks, I think I figured it out now.

This game is so awesome! I have no idea what I am doing (Playing without reading anything). It does so much right!!

I do not think I can play a WRPG again after seeing the light....

wickfut

Banned
hooray! GAFers are such nice folks, thanks man. :D

I'm going back to my hard playthrough and ditching this old ps3 save. I'll give you a few of those magic rings, give one back to my pawn later please.

Anything else you want? heavens keys whatever?

I can use a Heaven's key. Gen on the Ur-Dragon keeps going pretty fast. Like 3 in a matter of minutes lol.

I'm gonna do a Daimon run tonight. Hopefully, he won't give me too much trouble on Hard mode.

So, I was wondering something. If you see two identical female pawns, one wearing the queen's clothing DLC, the other wearing an inferior armor (since that DLC armor seems to be really fucking good for a while for mage pawns), which one do you go for?

My pawn doesn't have DLC clothing and instead has regular clothing. I wonder if I'm decreasing the chances of my pawn getting hired by doing so.

sell the clothing DLC

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
So, I was wondering something. If you see two identical female pawns, one wearing the queen's clothing DLC, the other wearing an inferior armor (since that DLC armor seems to be really fucking good for a while for mage pawns), which one do you go for?

My pawn doesn't have DLC clothing and instead has regular clothing. I wonder if I'm decreasing the chances of my pawn getting hired by doing so.
I make it a point to not hire those wearing the duchess set. And no lolis or skimpy outfits either. Saw a lot of those roaming about the pawn guild lately. -_-

Sanctuary

I make it a point to not hire those wearing the duchess set. And no lolis or skimpy outfits either. Saw a lot of those roaming about the pawn guild lately. -_-

Stat wise though, for a very long time that set owns everything else you can possibly put on a pawn. It looks dumb as hell looking, but do you go for looks, or effectiveness early on? It's really ridiculous seeing it on a fighter too, but 430+ defense is 430+ defense.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Well, it's not like the game is so hard hard that one should worry that much about stats. Especially for pawns who are not affected by hard mode.

You have a JoJo's avatar. You of all people should know that style trumps stats.

David___

Banned
Two questions:

1) Is there a limit on how many port crystals I can place around Gransys?

2) Does starting a Speed run mode playthrough overwrite my original playthrough like restarting in Hard mode?

The queen set has decent stats, but I don't hire them anymore. They keep dying. I look at skills, equipment followed by vocation ranks. I also avoid pawns in lingerie. I understand some people want their pawn to look good, but it does me absolutely no good, if he or she dies to garm or a condemned gorecyclops. Essentially, its more work for me to carry them.

I working on a min max arisen and pawn. I don't get that much rents either even though I got gold dragonforge Framae Blades with assorted bb lvl1 and 2 gear on her. She saved me and my friends from a couple of maneaters. A friend told me while he was getting eaten, his pawn open a chest next to him and another maneater ate his pawn. My pawn saved both their asses.

As long as you gear your pawn, people will rent him or her.

Two questions:

1) Is there a limit on how many port crystals I can place around Gransys?

2) Does starting a Speed run mode playthrough overwrite my original playthrough like restarting in Hard mode?
10 is the max. They carry over from NG+
Yes to #2. Place those portcystals all along the main quest areas to make it a breeze on your speed run.

Is having a mage pawn 25 levels below my own level solely for healing purposes any different than leaving that slot open? wanna maximize my experience gain but also having Anodyne would be nice

also if anyone is willing to give my pawn a rent and gift him 1 blood decanter it'd be greatly appreciated

level 65 mage named Darius (apologize in advance for the fat wizardness, just going through them all for the augments). Username is Psychoward.

D

Deleted member 245925

Unconfirmed Member
Is having a mage pawn 25 levels below my own level solely for healing purposes any different than leaving that slot open? wanna maximize my experience gain but also having Anodyne would be nice

There should be no difference in experience as far as I know. I'm also bringing low level pawns to BBI for healing. Unfortunately they keep suiciding into Death's scythe.

Corsick

I just reconfigured the passive skills on my pawn, I completely forgot I had one or two strider centric skills setup still (she's a Fighter atm). At least her stamina management is pretty great now. I'm not sure how many people would have noticed but it would definitely make me not want to hire her.

Edit: I also wish there was some mobile app that could track your pawn's metrics. How many times hired, by who, notifications of your pawn upon being hired and being dismissed, longest session with what player, most RC provided by what player, average rating, items gathered, damage done, enemies killed, times killed, most effective against X enemy, least effective against Y enemy, etc. I think it would be cool, but too much work at this point. If a sequel happened, it would have a shot being tethered to that. Just thinking out loud here.

Do you guys find fighter pawns or warrior pawns to be more useful?

NO....fuckers love to stay near me instead of hitting enemies. the only time they go for a hit is when the enemie is down -_-

The strider and ranger are engaging a Elder Ogre while the warrior is asking me for an autograph

367500_2016-01-29_0007fq34.png

I keep changing up my pawns skills. Looking for that one magical combination that covers everything.

High Levin
High Comestion
High Miasma
High Lassitude
High Gicel
High Voidspell

I find that two of the fire, ice, or lightning spells usually has the pawn doing a people's choice and only using one for almost every situation.

For me, melee pawns are primarily there to draw aggro and climb. They don't attack with the frequency of us players so I go with fighters usually.

Anyone in the level 40 range want to rent out my Fighter Pawn?

Inclinations:

Mitigator
Utilitarian

Skills:

All Sword skills, no Shield skills

Gryphic armor set upgraded to 2 or 3 stars, 3-star Almace Sword (Ice enchantment)

Steam: earvcunanan

NO....fuckers love to stay near me instead of hitting enemies. the only time they go for a hit is when the enemie is down -_-

The strider and ranger are engaging a Elder Ogre while the warrior is asking me for an autograph

http://abload.de/img/367500_2016-01-29_0007fq34.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

You need the Mitigator/Pionear/Utiliarian Inclinations. My Fighter is never near me (Sorcerer at the moment).

Reynard doesn't want me to buy his rusted items, I guess. Can't find him anywhere, even though I know where to look. Oh well.

Everfall has been fun - the new inclinations for my main pawn has helped a ton. Just need the last few mage / sorcerer augments for my MK and then the NG+ can begin.

Fighters, for their ability to not die. It means you can personally develop the most important role of the group, that of the tank. And if you make them a giant then they'll double as a pack mule and grab bot; universally handy roles.

R0n1n

Neo Member
Really loving this game, BBI is the dungeon crawl I never knew I wanted. Just amazing.

Please hire my pawn, I these BBI lvl3 items cost a ton of RC to purify :(

Shes a Sorc, util/chal, with some really awesome skills. Easily clears entire rooms for you.

BekiPY0.jpg

the blessed flower is worth replicating right? I don't have one yet but yeah

if you continually put it back in storage it goes back to its normal state?

Overside

Banned
the blessed flower is worth replicating right? I don't have one yet but yeah

if you continually put it back in storage it goes back to its normal state?

Yeah if its before it becomes the dead flower it will charge the blessed flower to its full time if its in storage for like... 3 game days.. (Rest at an inn, not a bench an inn, four times)

So, 1 game day in inventory willmake it wilt into a dead flower, and it needs 3 game days in storage to be back at max time available (the 1 day) Before it wilts.

Cursed dragons breath will wilt the flower.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
On my 2nd run thru BBI (beat the final boss of it last night) and when I got to what was the first "safe" area (tower of somesuch) there was a big ass firedrake waiting for me. Took me 15 minutes to kill the damn thing cause warrior is a bad vocation and I shouldn't be playing as one right now. As soon as he died a god damned cursed dragon spawned in the room and that took another epic 15 minute fight! My efforts were rewarded when he died and dragonforged my Blasphemer's Cloak from zero stars of upgrade! Git paid!

This dungeon is so damn fun. Actually better than the vanilla game IMO.

Overside

Banned
On my 2nd run thru BBI (beat the final boss of it last night) and when I got to what was the first "safe" area (tower of somesuch) there was a big ass firedrake waiting for me. Took me 15 minutes to kill the damn thing cause warrior is a bad vocation and I shouldn't be playing as one right now. As soon as he died a god damned cursed dragon spawned in the room and that took another epic 15 minute fight! My efforts were rewarded when he died and dragonforged my Blasphemer's Cloak from zero stars of upgrade! Git paid!

This dungeon is so damn fun. Actually better than the vanilla game IMO.

You have trudged your way through to the golden goodness. Enjoy.

Man, imagine if the whole game was finding dungeons like bbi?

DD2 doesn't deserve to exist if they don't have plans to add boar drifting.
aye
Yeah if its before it becomes the dead flower it will charge the blessed flower to its full time if its in storage for like... 3 game days.. (Rest at an inn, not a bench an inn, four times)

So, 1 game day in inventory willmake it wilt into a dead flower, and it needs 3 game days in storage to be back at max time available (the 1 day) Before it wilts.

Cursed dragons breath will wilt the flower.

Alrighty, thanks. But it can never be irreparable then? That + hard mode + bezel's bow will be interesting.

Also not really enjoying the ranger too much, added damage of the longbow doesn't seem to compensate for how much slower it is, (stealth edit: forgot that i needed to unlock quick-loose for the longbow as well). If the Assassin had roll and double jump with swords as well as daggers and had at least one AOE bow spell it'd be the greatest.

Overside

Banned
aye

Alrighty, thanks. But it can never be irreparable then? That + hard mode + bezel's bow will be interesting.

Also not really enjoying the ranger too much, added damage of the longbow doesn't seem to compensate for how much slower it is, (stealth edit: forgot that i needed to unlock quick-loose for the longbow as well). If the Assassin had roll and double jump with swords as well as daggers and had at least one AOE bow spell it'd be the greatest.

How leveled is your Ranger Vocation?

Quick loose should fix your speed problem, but the Ranger is totally the ultimate Risk/Reward character.

Make sure you get the assassin skill that does extra damage to unaware enemies.... And don't miss a gamble. Rangers can wreck some shit.

Although enemies that only respond to magic damage are a real pain to deal with.

And yeah, if the assassin had the dagger mobility moves with its sword... hot damn....

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Woohoo got my Blackwing Bow! I don't know if I'll keep farming for gear now. I'd like a nice Coat of Oblivion and/or a Carrion Mantle, but I'm not as desperate for those since I got a Coat of Shadow that should do just fine for now.

Also I don't think I'm gonna farm that Bloodless Stockade chest anymore. Since I can actually kill
Daimon
faster with Periapts than the time I spend reloading over that stupid chest... xD Speaking of which, I saw this message during one of the reloads and I had to laugh:

2F62422FDABDF7CF750E6D3E5E40AC1B3027954F

Thanks for the tip, Capcom.

Oh, unrelated but I wanted to post this cool pawn I saw the other day (note the name and the creator's name ^^):

5nYZclU.jpg

D'awww.

Please hire my pawn, I these BBI lvl3 items cost a ton of RC to purify :(

Shes a Sorc, util/chal, with some really awesome skills. Easily clears entire rooms for you.

BekiPY0.jpg
I will if you give her some pants. :p

^Sif was most likely female though, still some crazy dedication. The way the save slot/character system works I give even more credit to "gimmick" pawns since the creator is stuck with them for their entire DD campaign lol.

Top Bottom