• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen PC |OT| Wolves hunt in 4K

David___

Banned
>_> I left Blessed Flower unchecked for too long and it wilted on me. Anyone have a spare? Would appreciate it. Steam id is : Not_David

ezekial45

Banned
Is there any possible way to defeat the Metal Golem on its last disc with Magic Archer without a Ranger/Strider in the group? I made it to the last parts of the fight, and it only had about 10% of its health left, but my two magic users and warrior couldn't reach the final disc. My own attacks did absolutely no damage to it whatsoever.

mfaex

Is there any possible way to defeat the Metal Golem on its last disc with Magic Archer without a Ranger/Strider in the group? I made it to the last parts of the fight, and it only had about 10% of its health left, but my two magic users and warrior couldn't reach the final disc. My own attacks did absolutely no damage to it whatsoever.

Launch off of the golem and dagger hit it till it's gone.

VinFTW

So, finally started this and am I missing something?

I can't get the game to run at 60.

I ran DS2 at max settings just fine at a locked 60.

I put everything on the lowest possible setting and still it chugs on fullscreen.

Does this game run like ass? Anybody else have this issue?

draetenth

>_> I left Blessed Flower unchecked for too long and it wilted on me. Anyone have a spare? Would appreciate it. Steam id is : Not_David

I think if it's just wilted, you can leave it in storage and rest for 4 days to make it "refresh" and it will return to normal.

At least, I remember that working on the PS3... I'm not sure if that works on the PC (I don't see why not) or if it works if the flower is dead.

David___

Banned
I think if it's just wilted, you can leave it in storage and rest for 4 days to make it "refresh" and it will return to normal.

At least, I remember that working on the PS3... I'm not sure if that works on the PC (I don't see why not) or if it works if the flower is dead.

When I said wilted I mean it died on me. Tried the refresh trick but it didnt work >_>

Many thanks to Cylus and Irval, both of whom have helped me down the offline Ur-Dragon a couple of times. Very good pawns!

Also got Ascalon the same run I got my Dragon's Toll dragonforged. Go figure.

Do I go for 1227 strength and 285 magick, or 881 strength and 778 magic with Ascalon at lvl 3 enchantment? MK, btw.
Haha, cool. Grats on the victory.

Know that Irval is here for you! (Unless there's an imposter out there. If that imposter is actually named Irvalx, that's still Irval.)
198737DE5FD9AEAD4EFA8CBFAA3C194EEF5673F8
He looks a lot cooler nowadays. But I've got to show off that moustache whenever I can.

I put everything on the lowest possible setting and still it chugs on fullscreen.

Post your specs?

lol @ lowest settings and chugs @ fullscreen.

Can you be any more vague in a PC game?

Haunted

Haha, cool. Grats on the victory.

Know that Irval is here for you! (Unless there's an imposter out there. If that imposter is actually named Irvalx, that's still Irval.)

198737DE5FD9AEAD4EFA8CBFAA3C194EEF5673F8

He looks a lot cooler nowadays. But I've got to show off that moustache whenever I can.
Irval looks like the Mongolian bad guy from The Quest.

Why are you comparing performance in a game based around set-piece arenas and little in the way of advanced AI to an open world with large open areas that can have three NPC allies with high AI overhead?

Irval looks like the Mongolian bad guy from The Quest.

I was halfway through making Major Armstrong from Fullmetal Alchemist and then decided to make him a zombie-demon. Because of course.

Then I fell in love with voice set... 7 or 11, the deep one. It's so good.

What kind of inclinations should I set up if I want my Ranger pawn to use Tenfold Flurry all day? I know I can just set it up so that's their only skill but I want them to autonomously go ranged and fire off and not really jump on stuff or use the daggers.

Dr.Acula

Banned

Are you sure Distance Scaling is at the lowest? That's the only setting that affects me at all.

ExoSoul

Banned
What kind of inclinations should I set up if I want my Ranger pawn to use Tenfold Flurry all day? I know I can just set it up so that's their only skill but I want them to autonomously go ranged and fire off and not really jump on stuff or use the daggers.

Remove the daggers.
But overall Challenger/Mitigator. Scather is the one you have to look out for, Utilitarian is also not adviseable.

So I think the fight at Gran Soren with
cockatrice
may have glitched.. Started fighting it, pawns turned to stone without me knowing. I ran around a bit, stood in this pile of hay that had a circle sort of effect around it wondering if that did anything. I turned around, looked back at it, and it was gone, even though it had another 3 life bars.. The game behaved as if I defeated it, so I'm guess in it glitched into oblivion or something..

So I think the fight at Gran Soren with
cockatrice
may have glitched.. Started fighting it, pawns turned to stone without me knowing. I ran around a bit, stood in this pile of hay that had a circle sort of effect around it wondering if that did anything. I turned around, looked back at it, and it was gone, even though it had another 3 life bars.. The game behaved as if I defeated it, so I'm guess in it glitched into oblivion or something..

It runs away after a while if you don't kill it. The circle is probably indicating the stuff you need to protect for the quest.

edit: It goes to
Soulflayer Canyon if you want to kill it for the materials/knowledge.

lol. Damn near everything is wrecking me on hard mode. Made a beeline to the ending because I got my hero achievement and I no longer care about sidequests. Now I'm there in the low 40s. I can't even kill the succubus before GG. The fear of being one shot is real. That's what I get for only leveling in assassin.

This is some Dark Souls type shit.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
What the fuck? Trappings of Evil won't complete even though I have all 13 pieces. Nothing in the wiki helps me either.

Grrrrrr, all that for that stupid ring and nothing....

Aw yeah finally beat the Bitterblack Isle! I struggled with the final boss of the Isle, but someone in an IRC gave me some advice
"Stabbing its face works well!"
and I had it down in 5 minutes.

VinFTW

Why are you comparing performance in a game based around set-piece arenas and little in the way of advanced AI to an open world with large open areas that can have three NPC allies with high AI overhead?
Post your specs?

lol @ lowest settings and chugs @ fullscreen.

Can you be any more vague in a PC game?
Jesus, passive aggressive much guys?

I JUST started playing this and have no idea if the game has issues with performance...

And it chugs even in the very first building your wake up in with everything on the lowest possible settings. There is definitely something wrong.

I'll post my exact setup when I get home later but is definitely above minimum requirements...

Jesus, passive aggressive much guys?

I JUST started playing this and have no idea if the game has issues with performance...

And it chugs even in the very first building your wake up in with everything on the lowest possible settings. There is definitely something wrong.

I'll post my exact setup when I get home later but is definitely above minimum requirements...

Yeah something seems to be wrong. The game is pretty light on reasonably recent/midrange hardware. There's a framerate limiter in the options that you might have accidentally set too low maybe? Try disabling vsync and see what framerate you get. I get 100+ fps with max settings (non modded) on a midrange 4670k/970 setup.

VinFTW

Yeah something seems to be wrong. The game is pretty light on reasonably recent/midrange hardware. There's a framerate limiter in the options that you might have accidentally set too low maybe? Try disabling vsync and see what framerate you get. I get 100+ fps with max settings (non modded) on a midrange 4670k/970 setup.
Running a similar setup with a 960, vsync on or off and I'm getting either sluggish frames or incredible screen tearing.

Hmm, I'll check it out more afte work and get back to you.

Really appreciate the response. Dying to play this after reading through this thread...

Unai

Running a similar setup with a 960, vsync on or off and I'm getting either sluggish frames or incredible screen tearing.

Really appreciate the response. Dying to play this after reading through this thread...

Which CPU? Usually the draw distance is the most expensive setting in this game.

If you don't get sluggish frames running it with v-sync off might be worth to try borderless window mode using an external tool like GeDoSaTo.

Cyrano

Adjust the draw distance to medium and turn vSync on. Fixed screen tearing (vSync on) and sluggishness (Medium draw distance) on my 960. Would experiment more but I'm currently modding gameplay stuff and am less concerned about visuals at the moment. I think if you turn the draw distance all the way up the game tries to draw nearly everything and will make all but the most powerful systems chug as a result. You may notice pop-in with the medium draw distance but your game should run at a smooth 60 consistently.

I think things may have gone terribly wrong for me. Please help. End game spoilers:

Last night I decided to take a break from BBI and go back and finish the Everfall quest as the enemies seemed easier there. I finished the quest and the
Seneschal craziness happened.

Now I am stuck in Cassardis,
invisible and unable to interact with anything.

A bit of googling tells me that this is
the end of the road and I end it all with the Godsbane to start new game +.
My first problem is that I don't know how to do that, I can't access my inventory or fast travel anywhere. How do I end this?

My second problem is that I was half way through BBI and am concerned that I will now loose that progress. I was admittedly warned that this was a point of no return but there have been a few such points during the game and they have never been The End. I had assumed that this was part of the original DD, before DA, and that it therefor would not end the BBI content. I did not think the game could fuck me like that, if indeed it has. I have no idea when I last used an inn for a checkpoint save and am not sure I can even access that option now.

What are my options at this point?

David___

Banned
I think things may have gone terribly wrong for me. Please help. End game spoilers:

Last night I decided to take a break from BBI and go back and finish the Everfall quest as the enemies seemed easier there. I finished the quest and the

My first problem is that I don't know how to do that, I can't access my inventory or fast travel anywhere. How do I end this?

My second problem is that I was half way through BBI and am concerned that I will now loose that progress. I was admittedly warned that this was a point of no return but there have been a few such points during the game and they have never been The End. I had assumed that this was part of the original DD, before DA, and that it therefor would not end the BBI content. I did not think the game could fuck me like that, if indeed it has. I have no idea when I last used an inn for a checkpoint save and am not sure I can even access that option now.

Stab yourself with the Godsbane in the chamber with the throne.
The item is in your inventory. You can get back by leaving Cassardis normally iirc. That'll start NG+ and you just have to start over. Reverting to a checkpoint save won't do anything since the last one would be either after the boss or just before it.

Unai

Try to get out of Cassardis through the main gate and then you will be able to use the
Godsbane

Remove the daggers.
But overall Challenger/Mitigator. Scather is the one you have to look out for, Utilitarian is also not adviseable.

Is there a recommended amount of potions I should feed my pawn? I give them 5/3 to get Challenger/Mitigator. First fight I got into and they climbed immediately. It's crazy because each tenfold is highly visible damage wise. Stupid pawn.

Also thanks for the hires Morrigan and InfCabbage (not sure who that is).

Stab yourself with the Godsbane in the chamber with the throne.
The item is in your inventory. You can get back by leaving Cassardis normally iirc. That'll start NG+ and you just have to start over. Reverting to a checkpoint save won't do anything since the last one would be either after the boss or just before it.

Thanks. Does this mean I have lost my progress through BBI and have to start it from scratch in new game+? I don't think I am willing to do that. I was very much enjoying BBI and this is horrendously shit.

Is there a recommended amount of potions I should feed my pawn? I give them 5/3 to get Challenger/Mitigator. First fight I got into and they climbed immediately. It's crazy because each tenfold is highly visible damage wise. Stupid pawn.

Pawn have an invisible third inclination, so it's possible yours still has Scather. I have read elsewhere that Utilitarian is a good tertiary inclination for ranger pawns and it's been working out for me.

So have your ranger take several Utilitarian potions (or other third inclination of your choice), then Mitigator, then Challenger. That should keep them from climbing.

Mastperf

Thanks. Does this mean I have lost my progress through BBI and have to start it from scratch in new game+? I don't think I am willing to do that. I was very much enjoying BBI and this is horrendously shit.
Yes, it will reset the whole world if you start new game+. You'll keep your character, created pawn and inventory but the world is reset.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So regarding a quest
I finished feeding ophis's troll, but where the fuck is betiah? I can't find her to complete the quest.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like

I've gone thru BBI from start to finish now 3 times and it is QUICK to redo parts of it. You keep your map uncover progress in NG+ so you can just sprint to the exit of each room. It takes literally 3-5 minutes of running to get to each of the area bosses. Any quest progress you were in the middle of is reset, but even that stuff is easy and/or skippable if you don't need the reward. Like getting 10 tablets for the dragon crown or whatever. Easy stuff. I wouldn't sweat it too much.

So regarding a quest
I finished feeding ophis's troll, but where the fuck is betiah? I can't find her to complete the quest.

Did you already hand in the kill 10 bandit quest to the leader and get her favor/quest item? Handing in those quests so that you get credit for both is wonky, I had to reload a couple times in order to do it right.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Maybe?

Seems like that questline is glitched. There's supposed to be a quest marker on her but I haven't got it. Damnit.

I've gone thru BBI from start to finish now 3 times and it is QUICK to redo parts of it. You keep your map uncover progress in NG+ so you can just sprint to the exit of each room. It takes literally 3-5 minutes of running to get to each of the area bosses. Any quest progress you were in the middle of is reset, but even that stuff is easy and/or skippable if you don't need the reward. Like getting 10 tablets for the dragon crown or whatever. Easy stuff. I wouldn't sweat it too much.

Right now I would prefer to embark an a quest to Japan to track down whoever decided to use one save file for this game. On the way I hope to acquire enough Dcp to unlock the "slow painful death" skill.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Right now I would prefer to embark an a quest to Japan to track down whoever decided to use one save file for this game. On the way I hope to acquire enough Dcp to unlock the "slow painful death" skill.

I still think you're overreacting. You know after you finish BBI you have to do it again to get to the true final boss, right? If you're serious about getting high end gear you're going to be spending a LOT of time in BBI. Getting thru "half" of it is such a tiny amount of your potential time with it. And its accessible a half hour from starting a NG+, so you can get right back to it. It's not like you have to play thru the full game again.

I still think you're overreacting. You know after you finish BBI you have to do it again to get to the true final boss, right? If you're serious about getting high end gear you're going to be spending a LOT of time in BBI. Getting thru "half" of it is such a tiny amount of your potential time with it. And its accessible a half hour from starting a NG+, so you can get right back to it. It's not like you have to play thru the full game again.

I'm not bothered about high end gear really, I just want to play through all the content. I might try running through a lot of areas as you said earlier. I think a lot of my time was spent fighting one zombie dragon thing that I could barely scratch. I ran away from the rest of the "attracted to corpses" monsters but that guy had irritated me by knocking me on my arse repeatedly.

Edit: Actually, this probably means I will end up getting Xcom 2 before I intended too. "I didn't want to buy another game but Capcom made me!"

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
If you were enjoying BBI that much then it'll be trivial to re-clear it "half" or whatever progress you had. C'mon now.

Yeah this. You can 100% ignore main game stuff except just to reach nightfall at the very beginning and voilà.

I'm not bothered about high end gear really, I just want to play through all the content. I might try running through a lot of areas as you said earlier. I think a lot of my time was spent fighting one zombie dragon thing that I could barely scratch. I ran away from the rest of the "attracted to corpses" monsters but that guy had irritated me by knocking me on my arse repeatedly.
Was that in the Pilgrim's Gauntlet? lol, you're supposed to run from that encounter really, few people will have enough DPS output to take him on the first time. You ain't seen nothing yet.

Also man it's really as if I wrote that OT FAQ for nothing, it warns you about the
20 Wakestones
and still everyone comes here and complains... ;_;

Was that in the Pilgrim's Gauntlet? lol, you're supposed to run from that encounter really, few people will have enough DPS output to take him on the first time. You ain't seen nothing yet.

Also man it's really as if I wrote that OT FAQ for nothing, it warns you about the
20 Wakestones
and still everyone comes here and complains... ;_;

I ran from all the other super hard chaps and could tell I wasn't ready to fight that one, but he annoyed me!

I would have avoided that bit of the OP when I read it as I get quite paranoid about spoilers.

Top Bottom