• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen PC |OT| Wolves hunt in 4K

So I just finished the game.. I really don't know what happened. It feels kind of sad and I'm not sure what the plot is trying to tell me, but it seems upsetting, I think.

I didn't beat uri in the ever fall. If I die in that fight, does his health bar go back up? It mentioned fighting it in sets or something.

Also, didn't touch BBI yet. Should I jump immediately into it in new game plus or.. Am I supposed to do hard mode now?

Is there more plot in BBI that expands on the insanity at the end of the game or is it just stuff to do?

Great game. Not sure how I feel about the ending though.

So I'm starting NG+ and in hard mode and wow does this game feel like an actual challenge now. You can get caught out of position and get wrecked really quickly. It makes the combat much more visceral and calculated as well, like a hybrid of Monster Hunter and Dark Souls. I'm also doing BBI for the first time and am amazed at how unique it is compared to everywhere else in Gransys.

I also just started BBI this week, despite owning the original DD on PS3/360 (never got a chance to play DDDA back then) - it really is amazing. The flow and layout of the area is how an expansion should be for this type of RPG.

So I just finished the game.. I really don't know what happened. It feels kind of sad and I'm not sure what the plot is trying to tell me, but it seems upsetting, I think.

I didn't beat uri in the ever fall. If I die in that fight, does his health bar go back up? It mentioned fighting it in sets or something.

Also, didn't touch BBI yet. Should I jump immediately into it in new game plus or.. Am I supposed to do hard mode now?

Is there more plot in BBI that expands on the insanity at the end of the game or is it just stuff to do?

Yeah, the ending was weird - I just ignored it since it really didn't do much for me. I actually would've explored Everfall first to gain some loot, then head to BBI for one full run.

NG+ keeps your level, gear, and stats so hard mode shouldn't be too hard and you can start BBI right away too.

So I looked up a speedrun of Dragon's Dogma and found out that in NG+ you can beat the game in less than an hour with optimal gear and preparation. I'm amazed the game is programmed to go through event flags and story beats without a hitch with all that ferrystone warping and whatnot.

Why am I researching speedrunning this game?
I want to unlock Selene's clothes. 😋

garath

People still playing? I'm so slow. So little game time lately. Only level 38 and just finished the Mercedes and wyrmking ring quests. Noticed my pawn decided to move from ultarian to scather for primary inclination. Was annoying. She basically stopped buffing me and was nuking and healing exclusively. Even spammed help a bit and she said "I can't right now!" Lol.

Fixed it with potions. Hopefully it sticks now.

I just want to get to BBI at this point.

bati

Goddaaaaaaamn, ricochet hunter just rips everything apart when you're indoors.

OMG yes, I was not prepared to handle such power. About an hour or so after I went back to MA I got a Dragon's Tempest from a lvl 2 BBI weapon purification and I've just dragonforged it. HNNNGGGGH.

Damn, its so disappointing that BBI used so many copypasted rooms (not that bad like post-game Everfall, but still..)

Yeah it's a little jarring. On the flip side, at least I know where the secrets are when I enter a new copypasted area.

ParityBit

So I finally changed my vocation (I hit level 10) so I am level 1 in it. Is it best to just roam around or follow random quests? Some are way on the other side of the map. I am just a little confused as to how to proceed? I am level 25.

draetenth

Finally completed NG+ (was just trying to get another wyrmking ring for my pawn who is also a sorcerer). I only have 9 achievements remaining (level 200, all BBI ones, hardcore, speedrun, and the 350 equipment one).

92 hours, level... 107 (i think?) and I'm now finally going to get started on BBI. I'm ready for revenge. My pawn's been hired 10 times in the last two days... and comes back 3 stars. There really isn't anything that can kill her in the main game (at least not that I've seen) so I suspect she is getting killed in BBI (most likely to Death).

Overside

Banned
So I finally changed my vocation (I hit level 10) so I am level 1 in it. Is it best to just roam around or follow random quests? Some are way on the other side of the map. I am just a little confused as to how to proceed? I am level 25.

Do both, it is best to do whatever you are enjoying.

It is important to stop focusing on 'what am i supposed to do to progress the story as rapidly as possible' and just explore or quest. If you find yourself in a good fight, youre doing all right.

Plant a port crystal when you are done exploring, and go to grand soren or another place with noc's to do some story quests.... Then when they become tedious, go back to yourport crystal, pick it up, and press onward into the unknown again.

ParityBit

It is important to stop focusing on 'what am i supposed to do to progress the story as rapidly as possible' and just explore or quest. If you find yourself in a good fight, youre doing all right.

Plant a port crystal when you are done exploring, and go to grand soren or another place with noc's to do some story quests.... Then when they become tedious, go back to yourport crystal, pick it up, and press onward into the unknown again.

Where do I get port crystals? I picked up some Ferry stones .... now sure that whole thing works. I have just been running around wish I had a horse and dreading night....

draetenth

^ Pretty much this. At level 25, you're reaching the point where you can start to take on just about anything in the game as long as you have the right tactics and don't overextend yourself in battle. Probably the only thing I would say that you should outright avoid is any dragonkin like the one in Devilfire Grove.

draetenth

Where do I get port crystals? I picked up some Ferry stones .... now sure that whole thing works. I have just been running around wish I had a horse and dreading night....

Five port crystals are located around the land:

Top of Bluemoon Tower during the Griffin's Bane or Wyrmking's Ring quests.
The Flameservant's Throne in the The Everfall
In the cave of The Dragonforged at Hillfigure Knoll
Inside one of the prison cells within The Shadow Fort
Just within the passage under the Witch's House leading into the second area of Witchwood.

You should have an eternal ferrystone in storage. Use that because it's infinite use. The way things work is that you drop a portcrystal where you want (only up to ten can be placed anywhere) and use a ferrystone from your inventory (so always carry the eternal ferrystone with you) and you can teleport instantly to a portcrystal. There are two permanent portcrystals that you can teleport to: one right outside Cassardis and one next to the pawn guild in gran soren.

Holy shit! I was getting 15 levels from fighting hard Daimon with weal lol. Doubled my level in 4 or 5 runs. Almost 200 again. Guess my DD journey is coming to a close. A bunch of alt tabbing included but my Steam play time is showing 150 hours now. Crazy stuff. I'll wrap up by getting my pawn all gold forged and then it's on to the next adventure.

I need that sequel man.

draetenth

Stupid pawns, they warn me about the dangerous gorecyclops... then proceed to attack and anger it when I just want to get in and out of the Midnight Helix.

Overside

Banned

You will find portcrystals as you explore. Upon discovering one you can use it as an instant warp point witha ferrystone (search your chest at the gran soren inn for a infinite use eternal ferry stone).

The cassardis, bbi and gran soren pawn guild port crystals are permanent, but any others you find can be picked up and placed for your custom fast traveling convenience.

Overside

Banned
Stupid pawns, they warn me about the dangerous gorecyclops... then proceed to attack and anger it when I just want to get in and out of the Midnight Helix.

WheneverI get a pawn with an attack perogative itsalways this hilarious dance...

Im trying to delicate get its helmet off with a shot to the straps/buckles, whilst simultaneosly picking up the offending pawnand hirling themto the ground before their spell is cast/their arc is delivered.

One shotting an unaware giant gore cyclops with great gamble is soooo awesome.

Then again so is the frantic fight that errupts after my morons wake up the gore cyclops behind me while im getting the helm off the other...

Nothing beats finishing the fight with a great gamble blast arrow guided right into the eye of a flailing raging cyclops.

I am in desperate need of RC. Can someone hire my pawn (Mage) currently and take her about BBI for some much required RC gains? It would be very much appreciated!!!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/jinaar

Thanks in advance. Cheers!

What's your level? I'm currently doing BBI Weapon and Armor Level 2 farming at level 90-ish. I can take your Pawn for a spin.

Someone rent my Warrior Pawn also! Great stagger machine that wrecks Eliminators, Garms and Elder Ogres.

Steam ID is: earvcunanan

ParityBit

Thanks so much guys! I will wait until I get the port crystal but I will grab the eternal ferrystone as soon as I get back to the city!

massoluk

Banned
I just bought this game. The quest system seemed kinda strict with the story progression. I must have received 4-5 failed missions already, saying I can no longer complete it. :

Also, are giant monsters supposed to fall off the cliffs to their own death all the time, lol. I unintentionally scored a couple of kills this way, raking up insane level up when they fell down to their deaths with one of my pawns.

draetenth

Having trouble with the cockatrice. Any place to buy softeners not in gran soren?

Cassardis

I just bought this game. The quest system seemed kinda strict with the story progression. I must have received 4-5 failed missions already, saying I can no longer complete it. :

Also, are giant monsters supposed to fall off the cliffs to their own death all the time, lol. I unintentionally scored a couple of kills this way, raking up insane level up when they fell down to their deaths with one of my pawns.

1) Yeah, it can be a pain. I believe they wanted to push players to play the game multiple times, but since enemies don't change on NG+ it can be pointless.

2). Yeah, this mostly seems to happen to Cyclops and Ogres if they are near ledges because they tend to blindly charge around with certain attacks. I've had it happen with a Chimera.

Unai

Holy shit I just fought my first drake in BBI after get the second Void Key. I wasn't expecting it. That was definitely fun! Surprisingly enough it seems that the most useful atack of my MA was the Hunter Bolt. I had to use a wakestone when I was almost killing it. The good thing is that my bow gor dragonforged and it was only level 1.

Jinaar

What's your level? I'm currently doing BBI Weapon and Armor Level 2 farming at level 90-ish. I can take your Pawn for a spin.

Someone rent my Warrior Pawn also! Great stagger machine that wrecks Eliminators, Garms and Elder Ogres.

Steam ID is: earvcunanan

She is level 200. Hope that isn't a problem, will friend ya on Steam. Cheers!

Grace period is up for the Ur-Dragon. I killed gen 42 and 43 within moments. I don't see a gen 44 though. Got myself another Heaven's key.

Digby

Neo Member
I'm really loving this game despite its quirks. Finished the main story and jumped into BBI around level 60, now at 70 and past the first key.

This would be an amazing multiplayer co-op game. I hope we get a sequel someday. I'd settle for a spiritual successor at this point. anyone know if this port to PC was considered successful by Capcom?

I managed to kill 43, 44, and 45 graces so far.
I killed 42, 43, 44 and 45. Checking in on 46. He's at full health. I dragonforged the Abyssinal Armor set so many times lol. Gen 45 was weird. I saw 2 instances of Ur-Dragon. One near full health and the other at 0.7. Obviously, I went for the 0.7 one.

Update on Hohenheim, my Warrior Pawn:

Y5c1nNq.jpg

8kt1iX5.jpg

Great stagger machine at BBI. Scather/Challenger are his Inclinations and I've never looked back after setting him to those inclinations.

I'm still looking for a decent BBI Level 2 Weapon for him pre-Daimon.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198009552700
---

Unai

that's nothing! try it on an enemy inside a tighter corridor or closed off room or even inside a staircase!

you can spam it constantly and have a continuous stream of beams.

i also noticed you have mage clothing. is that for more damage? i never thought of that...

Nah, it's because I though it looked nice. But I did changed after that video and right now I'm using ths Trophy Jacket that gives me +26 in magick and Gleaming Bangles in my arms that gives me +7 in magick. My current Arisen:

Nah, it's because I though it looked nice. But I did changed after that video and right now I'm using ths Trophy Jacket that gives me +26 in magick and Gleaming Bangles in my arms that gives me +7 in magick. My current Arisen:

who is that hulking large pawn lady with the big hammer...oh my. what's she wearing.

Unai

Her name is Shiris and she is of someone in this thread, owner Lenneth. I've being using her since low level. I don't remember the equipment. I'll check it out later.

ExoSoul

Banned
who is that hulking large pawn lady with the big hammer...oh my. what's she wearing.

By eye:
Traitor's Armor (low tier lvl 3 armor), Sinner's Gauntlets (low tier lvl 3 armor), Pattern Gamberson (lvl 1 armor), Hellfire Cloack (high tier lvl 3 armor), Devil's Nail (lvl 3 hammer), Leather Bandings (stage 1 gear) and Thick Fur Greaves (sold by Caxton).

Can't really make out what she's wearing on her head.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Looks like that DLC circlet.

The traitor's armour is so hideous :( I think I'd stick with either the Abyssal Coat (w/ patterned gambeson, looks nice) or even something like the Griffin armour for a red vocation, I hate it that much.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Looks like that DLC circlet.

The traitor's armour is so hideous :( I think I'd stick with either the Abyssal Coat (w/ patterned gambeson, looks nice) or even something like the Griffin armour for a red vocation, I hate it that much.

Thankfully the yellow vocation BBI armor looks pretty great, apart from the headpiece. For reds, I like the combination of Divine Surcoat, Gryphic Greaves and Gauntlets, and Lordly Cloak or Sovereign's Cloak, plus maybe the White Cap or Chain Coif. Works great for role-playing a holy warrior character.

Top Bottom