• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen PC |OT| Wolves hunt in 4K

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Last achievement I need to get in this game is hitting level 200. 186 now without resorting to any kind of chicanery or abusing periapts for exp gains, but kind of tired of running BBI repeatedly. What's a good way to get my last dozen levels quickly?

Carcetti

I'd like to know that too. I'm not nearly as high, somewhere near 120, and I've been leveling by clearing Black Abbey until my inventory gets full and liftstoning back.

Guys, what can I do to fix this? If I press yes, the game just crashes. And no takes me to the title screen. I can't seem to find my save files anywhere either, and a re-install did nothing. :x

9965ce97bb0de38e7e437829492a4e44.png

Exentryk

Oh man! Just fought a
Cursed Dragon
for the first time. Really interesting fight. Magic Archer's bow attacks weren't doing much, so I eventually had to
climb and attack the heart
. Climbed on there once and stayed there till the end. My Strength wasn't that high, so it took a few minutes to kill it. But I got him eventually.

Also fought
Death
in one of the areas. Got his health down to about 3 quarters of a single bar,
and he vanished
. He wasn't taking much damage even from 1000 magic stat plus 4x Magic Rebalancer. Then,
an elder ogre
appeared. That guy didn't take much damage either, except Ricochet Hunter was decent. Unfortunately I mistimed one of the dodges and got killed, and then he didn't spawn again.

Anyway, I'm level 74 after all that. Is it recommended to completely clear BBI, or should I go and revisit some Gransys areas since I haven't been to all of them
(post Grigori)

Zaptruder

Banned
Last achievement I need to get in this game is hitting level 200. 186 now without resorting to any kind of chicanery or abusing periapts for exp gains, but kind of tired of running BBI repeatedly. What's a good way to get my last dozen levels quickly?

Hard mode.

I switched to hard mode around Lv 60... and those 140 lvls just flew by. Didn't feel like a grind. Actually getting loot is a much grindier process... and I wish I could still level up, because LV. 200 seems dead D:

Styles

Whew, Fulmination is a pretty spectacular spell when you have two Sorcerers channeling at the same time. Poor Daimon.

It just occurred to me if striders had access to 6 dagger skills you could go full DMC

I want this. I want it so much. You could DMC so hard with six dagger skills since you could have Instant Reset at all times and five other skills to combo and cancel into other things with. I hope it's possible via mods, I haven't played Assassin with a secondary weapon (because daggers only looks cooler) for years and having more dagger skills in its place was always the dream. Would also give Warrior a big hand up since they get hosed and can only have three by default.

In the ongoing adventures of Renault (my Assassin), I've just hit level 70 and I'm on my way down to beat up the second BBI boss. Goddamn BBI is so addictive, it makes it harder to go back and play the normal game. I still have done only one or two of the Wyrm Hunt quests and get I'm stronger than a starting post-game Everfall character. XD I'll post some pictures of my character when I get on my PC, I think he looks pretty cool.

Guys, what can I do to fix this? If I press yes, the game just crashes. And no takes me to the title screen. I can't seem to find my save files anywhere either, and a re-install did nothing. :x

9965ce97bb0de38e7e437829492a4e44.png

Ugh, that sucks man. Something similar used to happen in console version, good to know it can happen here too. Guess I'll be saving backups.

While I don't know how to fix it, your save files can be found in the Steam folder under "userdata", then a 8-9 digit number folder after that (it's your Steam number ID, should be the only folder), then the game's ID which is 367500 (thanks Rudimental), then "Remote". The file name is DDDA.sav. You can use this to have multiple characters too, by swapping out the save files and keeping the others in a save folder.

Ogawa-san

What's a good way to get my last dozen levels quickly?
Can you reliably kill Daimon Mk. II? If yes, just run from the second shortcut straight to him while ignoring everything else. Don't need to sleep anywhere to make him respawn as he does immediately after dying, it takes 5min to get back to him and you'll get over a level for each kill all the way to 200.

If you can't, take your best staff/archistaff, go mage/sorcerer with holy affinity and kill offline Ur Dragon with focused bolts alone. You'll get less exp though, slightly less than a level per kill. The downside is that you'll gain magick stats, but on the other hand you'll make like about 400k gold in wakestones every kill.

In both cases, ditch both secondary pawns (and your main if you can afford) and use Pilgrim's Charm/Veteran's Periapt every time for maximum exp.

Ugh, that sucks man. Something similar used to happen in console version, good to know it can happen here too. Guess I'll be saving backups.

While I don't know how to fix it, your save files can be found in the Steam folder under "userdata", then a 8-9 digit number folder after that (it's your Steam number ID, should be the only folder), then the game's ID which is like 397800 or something like that, then "Remote". The file name is DDDA.sav. You can use this to have multiple characters too, by swapping out the save files and keeping the others in a save folder.

It's 367500, in case you have lots of games and its hard to find. Also might want to turn off steam cloud if you're trying to wipe it clean.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Can you reliably kill Daimon Mk. II? If yes, just run from the second shortcut straight to him while ignoring everything else. Don't need to sleep anywhere to make him respawn as he does immediately after dying, it takes 5min to get back to him and you'll get over a level for each kill all the way to 200.
Yeah I can kill him very quickly. I had been doing that but I didn't know he respawned immediately so I'd been spending time sleeping in between.

Does hard mode and veteran periapt bonus stack for killing him? Even if not I think I'll have this done in no time, thanks.

It's 367500, in case you have lots of games and its hard to find. Also might want to turn off steam cloud if you're trying to wipe it clean.

Thank you man, edited my post with the correct ID as well. Was going off memory since my PC wasn't on and I was typing on my phone. XD

wickfut

Banned
If anyone wants to see how this game looks in 3D and has some red/cyan glasses, here's some shots.

So does this mean nvidia stereoscopic 3d works fine then?

Interesting. Might do a 3d playthrough.

[edit]

Nope. Shadows incorrect depth, 3d badly messed up. Don't bother.

yamo

I abused these ever spawning guards, in the royal quarter post dragon, and left my computer on for 4 days while I were away from home in hope to gain some levels.
When I returned back home I forgot that my computer was on and when I tried to turn on my computer I actually powered it down. Progress not saved obviously... lol.

Suits me for being a cheat. I'll just try and level normally instead. Anyone got any good tips on how to gain levels as fast as possible?

yamo

I checked Brodrost's pawn and she has all locations known and her bestiary filled. How long did it take? I still got 2 stars on wolves lol. Filling out that bestiary is more time consuming than I thought.

Mine is the same, took like 500 hours I guess.

I probably took less than 50 hours. I still had most enemies on 1 or 2 star, and a few 3 star and then my pawn returned from the rift all of the sudden with everything maxed. I don't know if whoever rented her cheated in some way or if it was a bug?
I played on PS3 far longer without coming close to maxing everything.

I checked your pawn (zerokoolpsx) and it had all the Appearance, Battle Rating and Helpfulness maxed. How long did that take?.... that's all I want! :(

jahasaja

To me this game feels more "next Gen" than all the games released this Gen ( except for perhaps MGSV).
Because of the limitless ways to tackle every fight.

It is sad that AAA games is moving in the opposite direction were the stuff happening on screen has less and less to do with the players input.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Hard mode. I played the whole game in hard mode and reached it by playing more or less normally, lol. Wasn't even trying.

Oh man! Just fought a
Cursed Dragon
for the first time. Really interesting fight. Magic Archer's bow attacks weren't doing much, so I eventually had to
climb and attack the heart
. Climbed on there once and stayed there till the end. My Strength wasn't that high, so it took a few minutes to kill it. But I got him eventually.

I ended up fighting two of them for the first time almost back to back last night. To be fair the 2nd one
wasn't the normal one, but a section of a boss encounter
. In both cases, Immolation + Hundred Kisses saved the day for my MA :).

LiQuid!

Alright, hard mode Daimon was definitely the way to level. And now I'm completely done with Dragon's Dogma. Gonna miss it.

Like with Dragon Age Inquisition, I have not played any DD games prior to this one. With DA:I, I slowly picked a lot up by focusing on the characters and letting the lore slowly sink in.

So, if I really liked DA:I and have not played a Dragon's Dogma game before, could I like this?

Unai

Like with Dragon Age Inquisition, I have not played any DD games prior to this one. With DA:I, I slowly picked a lot up by focusing on the characters and letting the lore slowly sink in.

So, if I really liked DA:I and have not played a Dragon's Dogma game before, could I like this?

This is the first Dragon's Dogma + expansion. So it's the only game in series that you can play right now. Well, except for Dragon's Dogma online in japan there is.

Also, it has nothing in common with Dragon Age: Inquisition apart from both being open word rpgs in a fantasy setting. They play completely different. Here's a combat montage video that maybe will help you decide if is something that you would like to play: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2v-FYCN72M

ExoSoul

Banned
This is the first Dragon's Dogma + expansion. So it's the only game in series that you can play right now. Well, except for Dragon's Dogma online in japan there is.

Also, it has nothing in common with Dragon Age: Inquisition apart from both being open word rpgs in a fantasy setting. They play completely different. Here's a combat montage video that maybe will help you decide if is something that you would like to play: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2v-FYCN72M

That's not really a good display of what DD combat has to offer. Guess it's accurate for lower ranks/levels.
Plus an assassin without Gouge?!

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiit, I played for two hours in the field without manually saving the game.

Finding stuff, leveling up etc. So I died to a cyclops and (for whatever reason???) chose start form last autosave. Well...that was quite a while ago. What the F***? Stupid me! I have quite the slow start with the game, too. I'm 10 hours in and have the feeling I've accomplished nothing. :D

Emitan

Without Vsync on the screen tearing is atrocious. I turned it on and now the mouselook feels really sluggish/delayed. Is that normal? Is there a fix?

Newboi

For an Assassin, is it better to play with a sword or daggars? I've been using my daggers the entire game, so I haven't tried using a sword and shield yet with that vocation.

Itachi87

Turn the game to hard mode. Buy a few pilgrims charm from either Fournival or the Madeleine in Soren. Get rid of all your pawns except your main. Unequip any weapon on your main pawn. Rest at an inn till night time. Teleport to Barta Crag. Walk west until you get to a land bridge and then head north until you run into a Wight. Don't kill or even damage him cause he might cast Maelstorm and also you don't want to wait around a few days for him to respawn. Use Pilgrims charm and kill all the skeleton knights that he summons. Just do this all night and repeat a few times and you will get to Lvl 200 in no time. Also, you will be filthy rich when you're done.

mrsmr2

How is Strider for BBI?

I've stuck with Strider through to level 25 and I'm really enjoying it. Can see me staying as a Strider but want to check I'm not going to struggle at BBI, or later on in the game.

Assassin would be the other class I'm interested in.

I probably took less than 50 hours. I still had most enemies on 1 or 2 star, and a few 3 star and then my pawn returned from the rift all of the sudden with everything maxed. I don't know if whoever rented her cheated in some way or if it was a bug?
I played on PS3 far longer without coming close to maxing everything.

I checked your pawn (zerokoolpsx) and it had all the Appearance, Battle Rating and Helpfulness maxed. How long did that take?.... that's all I want! :(
A bunch of rentals from randoms and friends. I have 4.5 million RC. I would rent their pawn in return.

I figured most people would rate appearance 4 stars due to my Oblivion helm covering up her face. It probably took close to 25 hours to get bb lvl 3 equipment from when you first enter BBI. I still don't have the chest or gloves I want.

I hope someone rents my pawn and helps me max my bestiary. You must have gotten a ton of rentals to complete it all.

Replaced great gamble with whirling arrow. My pawn gets low damage off GG. I heard it can take 2 bars off Daimon's awakened form on hard mode, but my pawn doesn't do anywhere close to that amount. Its more like 25% of one bar on Death and Daimon's awakened form on hard.

Akiller

So, i am playing through Post Game
Everfall and i have collected all the dragon hearts
, looks like there's no way back if i continue but i feel like i haven't 100% explored Everfall yet. Any advice guys?

Without Vsync on the screen tearing is atrocious. I turned it on and now the mouselook feels really sluggish/delayed. Is that normal? Is there a fix?

Play windowed. No screen tear. Uses your .icc profile. Can play without vsync for better performance. You can even do windowed borderless if you want.

For an Assassin, is it better to play with a sword or daggars? I've been using my daggers the entire game, so I haven't tried using a sword and shield yet with that vocation.

Daggers are definitely better but sword is cool too. The shield is mostly a waste of time. I used it when I started hard and was getting one shot by everything. From then on you're giving up a lot by not using a bow.

Sword doesn't get double jump and roll btw

Lorcain

How is Strider for BBI?

I've stuck with Strider through to level 25 and I'm really enjoying it. Can see me staying as a Strider but want to check I'm not going to struggle at BBI, or later on in the game.

Assassin would be the other class I'm interested in.
Strider is a top tier vocation for BBI. It's one of the best. Lots of flexibility.

Carry a 3 star or dragonforged rust bow to apply torpor, plus a regular bow for damage. You have huge melee damage with skull/brain splitter, and the best climbing in the game. You can also use blast arrows on the toughest bosses in BBI with good results. But mostly you will want to climb on things and wreck their weak points or destroy them with skull splitter.

Once you get the BBI augments Opportunism and Adhesion, you will be a death machine to everything in BBI
(except ironically Death...you can't climb Death. But you can shoot blast arrows into his face)

Edited to add that Striders do very well against Living Armor using Heaven's Key daggers and Skull/Brain Splitter. Most vocations really struggle against them.

ExoSoul

Banned

For an Assassin what you do is you set skills for all 4 weapons for different sittuations and take the best dagger, sword, bow and shield you have with you.

ParityBit

So I am at the point where I can
talk to the Duke about the Wyrm Hunt. I know it removes some tasks, is that just the hunt ones? I did them all. I am unsure if I should further the story or not!

So I am at the point where I can
talk to the Duke about the Wyrm Hunt. I know it removes some tasks, is that just the hunt ones? I did them all. I am unsure if I should further the story or not!

Speaking to the Duke will cancel Dying of Curiosity, Chasing Shadows, A Troublesome Tome, Reaper's Scorn, and any Wyrm Hunt quests you still have.

Top Bottom