• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen PC |OT| Wolves hunt in 4K

I'm thinking of sticking to M&KB but changing a few things I don't like putting block on a mouse key since you have to hold it down and Bow Aim on Q is taking up an important spot so I might try out this:

• Make Space Block and put Jump on z, x, or c
  • Put Bow Aim on Middle Mouse or another Mouse button
  • Put Primary skills to Q
Other people on M&KB... what do you think? How have you changed the controls, if at all? They work pretty well already aside from the skills keybinds, including block.

I'm also interested in a config that makes full use of the Steam Controller I just got in the mail. Those touch pad menus (I don't know how to make them) might be good to for quick use items mapped to the number keys. Otherwise it'll be just like the Xbox controller's config.

I'm playing mostly Assassin + Ranger but I got used fast to the default controls on m&k so didn't feel the need to change anything. Menu navigation with E to confirm and Ctrl/ALT to switch tabs works well too.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Just finished my first session. Like it quite a lot so far, though not quite at the "OMG best game ever" level people hyped it to. We'll see what the future holds, certainly seems like a huge game.

screenshot_2016-01-1542u9l.jpg

screenshot_2016-01-167autq.jpg

Just keep on playing.

Varna

Just noticed this finally got a PC release. Nice.

Whats the consensus so far? Decent PC port? Runs fairly well? This is the only Capcom game that has interested me in years.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Found this ENB preset from steam discussion. Looks great.

Wickfut also made my favorite Dark Souls II preset, so good to see they're still at it.

So I should use GeDoSaTo instead of DSR? SweetFX or ENB... or both? I know Durante is saying just downsample for now but some people are liking what the post process effects are adding and I want to try them out.

I'm using GeDoSaTo with some post processing to reduce the yellow look. I very much like it.

screenshot_2016_01_15_14_04_16_4_copy_by_aloooo81-d9o2z3h.jpg

Note, this was before I started using the Deband shader.

I also wanna turn down the contrast a bit but otherwise I've been really impressed.

Wickfut also made my favorite Dark Souls II preset, so good to see they're still at it.

I'm using GeDoSaTo with some post processing to reduce the yellow look. I very much like it.

screenshot_2016_01_15_14_04_16_4_copy_by_aloooo81-d9o2z3h.jpg

Note, this was before I started using the Deband shader.

I also wanna turn down the contrast a bit but otherwise I've been really impressed.
Is the deband shader the same as the one in ReShade? I tried to use ReShade but it resulted in too much detail loss, dark caves looked especially weird and blurry.

dlauv

I love Demon's Souls and fair but challenging games. Is Normal difficulty going to be a cakewalk or is it actually challenging?

Normal is a cakewalk and hard is kind of tedious. Everything will one-shot you for a while, but the added challenge may be worth it anyway. I recommend grabbing the warrior's physical damage mitigation augment. You'll be rolling in job points and gold anyway on hard. Remember to kill everything.

However, normal mode in the dlc area (BBI) is a bit more what you're looking for, even if there are difficulty spikes all over the place. It kind of encourages you to leave and come back.

I feel very vindicated with these underwhelmed impressions. Thought I was getting old.

A good friend of mine gifted this to me, is there any point in adding people to the thread that benefits me? Like will the pawns learn stuff from other people on my friends list?

PM me for my steam name

epmode

For some reason Im getting way worse framerates in the Steam version. Playing at 150+ fps with the leaked one but getting 80fps with drops to 40 in some areas now.

Anyone experiencing this?

Running on a TitanX/I75930k/64GB RAM

I never played the leaked build but I'm also getting some inexplicable framerate drops in the first town. Titan X at 1440p

Seems like the framerate should be higher than it is.

garath

Decided to try 4k with my i5 2500k @ 4.3 and 970. Runs pretty well. I get 60 solid most of the time (using vsync) with some dips to 40s and 50s here and there. It looks so pretty I'll probably live with it until enb has better load times.

For some reason Im getting way worse framerates in the Steam version. Playing at 150+ fps with the leaked one but getting 80fps with drops to 40 in some areas now.

Anyone experiencing this?

Running on a TitanX/I75930k/64GB RAM

Wouldn't say it's way worse for me, but performance seems not quite as good as the leaked version. For instance, when you meet the dragon in the prologue (where it breathes fire at you), the leaked version stayed at 60fps, while the Steam version dropped to 55fps.

Ryne

Are high level pawns worth it or do they make the game too easy?

I practically went though the game almost solo last time, I want to use more pawns this time.

Steel

Banned
Decided to try 4k with my i5 2500k @ 4.3 and 970. Runs pretty well. I get 60 solid most of the time (using vsync) with some dips to 40s and 50s here and there. It looks so pretty I'll probably live with it until enb has better load times.

Yeah, 4k with my 970 and FX 8320 holds mostly solid with occasional dips to 40s too. I don't mind framedrops so I'm keeping with it.

Domo - An seasoned soldier of the south lands of the dark skins, turned, traveling mercenary.
XANhVv3.jpg

Cammy(Pawn) - A child ginger elf with the gift of being able to harness magic at will.
bZsqN00.jpg

Cammy's village was pillaged by bandits and everyone in her village was either kidnapped or killed. She was the only one who manage to escape while the bandits were busy on their rampage, but with nowhere to go, she wondered on her own trying to find help, but in her journeys, she ran across a pack of wolves that even her magic couldn't get the better of, and thats when Domo, who happens to be in the area, saw the commotion and came over to help Cammy battle the pack of wolves.
She told him what had happened to her, and he agreed to let her travel with him. Her magic in battle impressed him and he thought it would be a great idea to have ranged and healing magic in the upcoming battles, and Thus the story begins.......................................

1T1EDAG.jpg

This is why I fucks with RPGs, role playing like this. HA

Finally got to make my pawn and get some Gaf pawns from the rift and ..... OMG YOU POOR F*#@#$!

Here is my lass, mage starting out, ya always need healing!

Lasagna is loyal friend and partner of the arisen known as Ham

ham2qmo31.jpg

ham19p4s.jpg

they are a pair of bald chimpanzees that have been chosen to save the world

ham3djrzi.jpg

b1a51acfa85f55f8a9889ywoq1.jpg
hamm4jot0.jpg

Ullus

Are high level pawns worth it or do they make the game too easy?

I practically went though the game almost solo last time, I want to use more pawns this time.

Low level pawns are more than enough imo, and it's nice not having to pay anything.

Ryne

Finally done my main pawn, time to play tomorrow.

Made some good friends with some good pawns out there, thanks guys!

Low level pawns are more than enough imo, and it's nice not having to pay anything.
I ended up going with pawns around my level and ones that my friends had so I didn't need to pay anything. I had a pawn with an infinity symbol that cost nothing as well, I bookmarked that pawn and left it in the rift for when I need her.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Is the deband shader the same as the one in ReShade? I tried to use ReShade but it resulted in too much detail loss, dark caves looked especially weird and blurry.

Yep same one. It does have adjustable settings though so if it looks strange at night you might wanna try tweaking it a bit.

Lasagna is loyal friend and partner of the arisen known as Ham

ham2qmo31.jpg

ham19p4s.jpg

they are a pair of bald chimpanzees that have been chosen to save the world

ham3djrzi.jpg

b1a51acfa85f55f8a9889ywoq1.jpg
hamm4jot0.jpg

This is great, I love it.

Since I guess we're showing off pawns in this thread too, here's my duo Funk and Yuu

screenshot_2016_01_15_14_06_03_6_by_aloooo81-d9o1jyr.jpg

Jinaar

Alo81, that's an amazing duo! I wish I had the "courge" to make characters unique like that. I go far to safe and normal. Normal is boring now I see :)

iosefe

so, earlier today i had mid 40s FPS, but i try again just now and i've got mid20's

what do? i turned down some settigns to no avail

*EDIT* complaining gave me my 40 back

Corpekata

Banned
so, earlier today i had mid 40s FPS, but i try again just now and i've got mid20's

what do? i turned down some settigns to no avail

Try a reboot? Sounds like you might have had a driver crash.

Launch some other games and see if they perform like they're supposed to.

Top Bottom