• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen PC |OT| Wolves hunt in 4K

Should I try to not get to level 10 before reaching that city where I can choose another vocation? For min/max purposes that is. Or does it make no difference?

You are talking like 3 or 4 extra stats if you don't do everything in the 1st area and just rush. Just play the game how you want to play it.

To the folk who posted this ENB, you the real MVP.

Game looks great with it.
x3jYnU0.jpg

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
This game's bow has similar mechanics to a third person shooter, a refined third person shooter at that. The controls feel really great, and the aiming and movement is also feels just perfect when firing your bow. When it comes to using a bow, this game is clearly the king in that regards. The bow is very fun...............but the magik bow.......

How far in game before magik bow ?

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

Ohhhh shit I NEED that pawn.

If I enable the debanding shader in GeDoSaTo then it makes all my other shaders not work. Is this happening to anyone else?

That was a bug I introduced that I fixed with my newest pull request. Grab the newer version from the Github page. Sorry about that bud.

Can anyone explain (to a baby, please) how to remove the banding?

Also, would that greatly affect performance?

Just debanding should have little if any real impact on performance.

If you want to use it with GeDoSaTo, you need the most up to date version of GeDo and you need to grab the post.fx file from my branch on Github.

https://github.com/Alo81/gedosato/b...8662d7d3b9b84959ced57/pack/assets/dx9/post.fx

Alternatively, if you're not doing any other post processing you can just use ReShade for convenience. With that, all you need to do is install it, enable deband, attach it to the game.

Zakalwe

Banned
pwnthumb1_zpsqhcbn3kl.jpg

PWN. Diziet. Lvl 35/Lvl 9 Fighter.

Using her as my main tank. Currently set up as Fighter with:
Blink Strike*
Steel WIll*
Antler Toss*

Divine Defense*
Shield Drum*

Eden's Warden Sword (burning)
Scorched Pelta Shield (burning)

All gear is enhanced, not max yet but almost.

Utilitarian/Scather
She tends to charge the strongest enemy. Uses her taunt often.

My steam is: http://steamcommunity.com/id/wilderness/
Feel free to add if you'd like to summon her.

MUnited83

For you.
I just beat those lizards last night at level 7, and leveled up to level 8. Like everyone else said, you gotta attack their tails to weaken and temporary immobilize them. If you got a class that can knock them down or off their feet, Id suggest you spawn that shit.

My character is a warrior, and I have the blitz technique and it knocks down who ever I hit so I can swing away while they are on the ground.

You need to get a shield and sword pawn with shield summons so they can grab aggro from the rest of your team. They are tanks.

Your not the only one. The volume is very low.

This game's bow has similar mechanics to a third person shooter, a refined third person shooter at that. The controls feel really great, and the aiming and movement is also feels just perfect when firing your bow. When it comes to using a bow, this game is clearly the king in that regards. The bow is very fun...............but the magik bow................aaww man, its like the box x10 in the fun factor.

After searching for like a good hour, this is where I found my screenshoots folder for steam. I then created a shortcut to it on my desk top. Shit was annoying.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\71303002\760\remote\367500\screenshots
I really like the Magick Archer bow skills, but all of it being homing shots detracts a bit of it for me. I like actually aiming when using the bow :/

Use this :D

Corpekata

Banned
So is there a way to see what is the main quest line in the game? I'm at the capital and only quests I have left are like kill x amount of whatever...

When pressing start for the menu there should be a Chronicle button (on your gamepad, not in the menu). It should give you an idea of what to do.

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member
I'm trying to change the title music with forces (god hand mix) from berserk, but it ends up high pitched and faster than normal, what can I do?

MedIC86

Maybe it has been answered but is the 21:9 (3440x1440) reso bugged? i cant get the screen to show everything, some parts are out of the screen border.

Grief.exe

Maybe it has been answered but is the 21:9 (3440x1440) reso bugged? i cant get the screen to show everything, some parts are out of the screen border.

In the OP

Q) Does the game still have letterboxing?
A) PC version now features full screen rendering without letterboxing on standard 16:9 aspect ratio widescreen monitors. 21:9 ultra widescreen monitors are not supported natively due to fixed UI elements.

That was a bug I introduced that I fixed with my newest pull request. Grab the newer version from the Github page. Sorry about that bud.

No problem, man. Thanks for adding the deband shader to GeDoSaTo!

------

Hopefully modders can get around only being able to have one mod that uses that main arc file installed at a time. Unlimited sprint or Playstation controller prompts... I want it all!!!

How far in game before magik bow ?

The magik bow is a weapon that only the magik archer vocation/class can use. You gotta get to Gran Soren and talk to the INN taker and talk to em about switching your vocation. You can buy a magick bow from a vender in that same castle. They can also be found in the world from just looting and scavaging while adventuring.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

The magik bow does less damage than a bow or long bow, but it has AOE attacks and target lock-on, making it the best weapon in the game at taking care of large groups of enemies with high mobility.

Just had to have something forged, forgot that you can only do one item a day. So annoying, always wished they would change that to a bit more.

Salaadin

Any KB/M users have any hotkey or customized control setups theyd like to share?
I have a 20 button MMO mouse so I have a ton of options and everything I try works well enough but Ive yet to find something that feels perfect. Im curious to see what others are doing

I just beat those lizards last night at level 7, and leveled up to level 8. Like everyone else said, you gotta attack their tails to weaken and temporary immobilize them. If you got a class that can knock them down or off their feet, Id suggest you spawn that shit.

My character is a warrior, and I have the blitz technique and it knocks down who ever I hit so I can swing away while they are on the ground.

You need to get a shield and sword pawn with shield summons so they can grab aggro from the rest of your team. They are tanks.
Yeah, I managed to beat them easily this time at level 8.

Went with higher level pawns as well.

Shadownet

Banned
Just finished my first session. Like it quite a lot so far, though not quite at the "OMG best game ever" level people hyped it to. We'll see what the future holds, certainly seems like a huge game.

screenshot_2016-01-1542u9l.jpg

what settings are you using to get that effect Durante?

For the life of me..togglehud or take hudless doesn't work for me even though it does take the picture. (GeDoSaTo)

I just checked all of my screens and they still have the HUD attached as well, that's what I get for assuming.

I would suggest yall read this quote. \/

Just as a heads up, the screenshot watermark can be removed with a mod: http://www.nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/7/?

Super simple mod. All you do is drag and drop a single file into a folder and you're done.

x3jYnU0.jpg

Anteater

I just checked all of my screens and they still have the HUD attached as well, that's what I get for assuming.

they work for me in the first area, it's possible you're in an area that requires a different pshash or something, a few MTframework games were like that

garath

I'm definitely part of the female mage pawn problem. I'm an assassin and want the support pawn. Then again if I'm rocking so many support pawns from friends then maybe I'm best off rolling her as something else. We can switch pawn classes too right?

Top Bottom