• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen PC |OT| Wolves hunt in 4K

Steel

Banned
So the online system is busted, right?

Rift Coins, ratings, quest/enemy/area knowledge, items, and feedback that your Pawn should be coming back to you with are not actually being tracked.

Confirmed this with a friend. We each used each others pawns, left some items in the inventory, gave some ratings, and left some feedback but it never got tracked.

A shame too because that is the heart of the multiplayer component.

Yeah... It's really pretty annoying because it was always a good way to stack up rift currency. The next best way is to go to Bitterblack Isle, which I've done a bit. I'm planning on holding off on playing for a bit while they get it sorted out.

Fasty

Rift Coins, ratings, quest/enemy/area knowledge, items, and feedback that your Pawn should be coming back to you with are not actually being tracked.

Confirmed this with a friend. We each used each others pawns, left some items in the inventory, gave some ratings, and left some feedback but it never got tracked.

Noticed this myself. Hope they fix it ASAP

What quest are you currently tracking?

Don't have any quests atm, did them all up to this point. I through that one chick by the tent into the explosive barrels for shits and giggles way earlier. I think she's the one who supposed to spawn, but she isn't there anymore.

The last one I did was the one where you find the moonglow.

How do you play online? Is there a way to invite friends to play as pawns?

There's no multiplayer feature if that's what you're asking.
The online part of this game is revolving around pawns, and the endgame online version of a boss. But still, that one is not multiplayer, imagine boss events in mobile games.

Anyway, port is great. I made a steam controller config that is designed for quickly getting headshots as an archer (just

Yes, it's been 3 days and I've never received any report. I've confirmed it too with my friends who are using my pawn. Still no feedback, for shame.

Gattsu25

Banned
Is there a mod/cheat/command so i can get the teleport stones early on?
Just head over to the first encampment (either that inn keeper or the one in gran Soren) and check the inn's withdrawal inventory IIRC. Shouldn't take too long the normal way.

No online play fam

That looks very good.

There's no multiplayer feature if that's what you're asking.
The online part of this game is revolving around pawns, and the endgame online version of a boss. But still, that one is not multiplayer, imagine boss events in mobile games.

Yes, it's been 3 days and I've never received any report. I've confirmed it too with my friends who are using my pawn. Still no feedback, for shame.
I thought it was similar to destiny where you could team up with friends to play I am disappointed now! lol

Melchior

Not exactly a screenshot from nightime but here's a screenshot on a darkish cave:

regarding link, I used this , though by default it's absolutely terrible. The bloom and sharpening there are absolutely hideous. I used the instructions on that to remove the sharpening, the bloom and the blue filter it introduces. I might upload it myself on the nexus.

That'd be great if you could upload it. Your version looks way better.

Don't have any quests atm, did them all up to this point. I through that one chick by the tent into the explosive barrels for shits and giggles way earlier. I think she's the one who supposed to spawn, but she isn't there anymore.

The last one I did was the one where you find the moonglow.

If you killed a NPC, sleep for 7 days and they'll respawn.

Anteater

if you guys rented a warrior pawn without a weapon

sorry that was me

got too wasted last night and i spent all the money on the armors and didn't have enough for an actual weapon

PahkThahCah

Neo Member
I am become Death, the Destroyer of worlds.

NqJ8.png

PEJB.png

eeOD.png

Steel

Banned
What happens when I get all shiny? Looks like I'm covered in some kind of liquid.

2 possible reasons for that.

1. You rolled around in water. You are now wet.

Good news: You're now resistant to fire for the duration of the effect.

Bad News: This puts out your oil lamp until you dry off. You're also more vulnerable to lightning.

2. You rolled around in oil. Avoid fire. If your lamp is on, you will light yourself on fire.

Ferr986

Ended up bitting. It runs better than I expected on my gtx 460 at 1080p, medium settings, although framerate wont stop moving between 55-60 fps, agh!

Also, sound is really low!

recursive

I've tried them, but even with remapping the keys they're unnatural. They'd be a lot better if the developers added in the option for quickly using abilities with a single key, instead of having to do the combination.

Pretty much came to the same conclusion, they feel a bit weird. I ended up binding the primary/secondary actions to side buttons on my mouse. That helped a lot.

Ryne

Made steam community guides about the tools I've made for Dragon's Dogma PC:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=602715139 - Savegame tool for editing saves or converting saves from consoles.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=602693012 - Mod manager/save manager.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=601818667 - Arctool. Modding tool for modifying many of the game assets.

Thanks for the save manager, just what I wanted!

Vamphuntr

2 possible reasons for that.

1. You rolled around in water. You are now wet.

Good news: You're now resistant to fire for the duration of the effect.

Bad News: This puts out your oil lamp until you dry off. You're also more vulnerable to lightning.

2. You rolled around in oil. Avoid fire. If your lamp is on, you will light yourself on fire.

You can just unequip and equip the lamp to turn it back on :)

--

Had 1 crash so far and it was when accessing server. It seems bugged too as you don't get rewards or anything when your pawn is rented.

Anyway, port is great. I made a steam controller config that is designed for quickly getting headshots as an archer (just search for '[G25]') and holy shit do I find it effective. Warning on those: It assumes that you are familiar with the controls as it mixes mouse and gamepad controls so the control button prompts in the bottom right of the screen aren't always consistent.

My pawn is level 30 iirc and I recently switched it over to a Mage so I'm in the process of building up its class affinity/ranks. I fucking love this game.

One thing that I did forget is that the Lost and Found quest is time sensitive. If you guys get that quest, do it ASAP. ��

Knew my pawn was way too cool to just be ignored

Amneisac

I don't think I'm getting into this game. I've been trying to play it, but I think I'm too old for jank now or something. The game systems seem obtuse (pawn system, leveling, discipline points, vocations, etc.) and the combat isn't as engaging as I'd hoped from how people were gushing on about it. I've tried the three beginner vocations, but none of them are that interesting to me. The mage casting slow charged shots is boring and repetitive. I think I like sword and shield the most, but even that feels kind of the same. I'm sure it gets better as you learn more skills, but the story is very placeholder and I'm not feeling much motivation to stick with it.

I also don't know how the fast travel system works and even after only reaching
the capital
the first quest is going to be like 25 minutes of walking to get around. I'm sure I'm partly to blame for not having the patience to try to learn these systems, and there are some things I really like about the exploration and the way the game looks, but it's definitely got a strong Japanese jank about it.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I don't think I'm getting into this game. I've been trying to play it, but I think I'm too old for jank now or something. The game systems seem obtuse (pawn system, leveling, discipline points, vocations, etc.) and the combat isn't as engaging as I'd hoped from how people were gushing on about it. I've tried the three beginner vocations, but none of them are that interesting to me. The mage casting slow charged shots is boring and repetitive. I think I like sword and shield the most, but even that feels kind of the same. I'm sure it gets better as you learn more skills, but the story is very placeholder and I'm not feeling much motivation to stick with it.

the capital
the first quest is going to be like 25 minutes of walking to get around. I'm sure I'm partly to blame for not having the patience to try to learn these systems, and there are some things I really like about the exploration and the way the game looks, but it's definitely got a strong Japanese jank about it.

I've found that as I'm learning more skills in my class, the more I'm enjoying it. I'd recommend sticking with one for a while until you've got some more moves. Alternatively, maybe just find a cheat engine script that lets you max out a vocation so you can at least test some abilities out and see how much you like it.

Personally, to get around the frustration of having to walk extreme distances, I'm using the mod that gives unlimited sprint, and Cheat Engine to set the game to 2x speed. So I basically just full dash sprint from one place to the next at double speed, which helps a lot.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Is there more than one dragon in this game, or is the red, talking dragon that I stumbled into in the woods that wrecked the shit out of my posse, THE dragon?

I feel like I've barely scratched the surface of this game (level 21ish, just cleared out the quarry shortcut) but I'm starting to dread the fact that this game isn't infinite and that I'm eventually going to run out of stuff to explore. I'm having so much fun.

Steel

Banned
Is there more than one dragon in this game, or is the red, talking dragon that I stumbled into in the woods that wrecked the shit out of my posse, THE dragon?

I feel like I've barely scratched the surface of this game (level 21ish, just cleared out the quarry shortcut) but I'm starting to dread the fact that this game isn't infinite and that I'm eventually going to run out of stuff to explore. I'm having so much fun.

You just ran into a drake. The actual dragon is several times bigger.
<--- Incredibly Mild spoiler.

Fasty

There's a LOT more to come, don't worry :)

the capital

Yeah I was kinda disappointed in the combat before I unlocked a few skills that I liked (Fighter) and realised you could cancel which added a lot of depth for me personally. Loving the combat now. As for the placeholder story yh I get that, I'd tempered my expectations before going in though.

Lux R7

spoiler at your risk:

there is one drake (the red one) in the woods during the first part (before the battle with the main Dragon Grigori) of the game, in Gransys.
There are many Drakes in the post-Grigori game, in all Gransys.
There are Undead Dragons and Drakes in Bitter Black Island.

aravuus

Truly the worst feeling, but no worries, seeing everything is going to take you quite a while. I've put a ton of hours into the game on the consoles and I'm still finding new stuff every now and then.

Dude that wasn't a dragon it was a fire drake, a baby compared to the real actual dragon.
There are also ice drakes(called wyrms, they cast spells too) and lightning drakes(wyverns) also undead dragons.(Not as big as the real dragon but bigger than drakes)

There are also powered up dire versions of the 3 elemental drakes,
you haven't seen anything yet

bodine1231

How would anyone know how strong those Saurians down in the sewer are?

I think a lot of the design decisions in this game were made from a position of thinking about this as a world instead of as a game.

Ok but should you be able to see red bars of health over anyone? It's funny how we pick and choose how realistic we want the 'world' to be.

Anteater

everything is doable as soon as they become available to you

if anything the game actually does a bad job at directing you to do them, the reason why people failed/missed those quests

cassardis and encampment both have merchants selling you good armors/weapons, you just need to exploit enemies weakness with the right skills/pawns

the open world do have monsters above your level tho, but you level so fast and the enemies are just generally within the lvl
35 range (drake being the most difficult monster but doable as early as lvl30)
at the worst it's usually not a problem

couple questions:

1. If I'm using a friends pawn, do I have to kick them and hire them back every once in a while to update their levels and stuff?

2. Is there anywhere online that shows good portcrystal placements?

3. How do you get the infinite ferrystone?

Top Bottom