• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

European Parliament Elections 2014 |OT| The Undemocratic EU is Actually Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammer24

Banned
So let me get this straight:
- in 2017 there will be a referendum if the British want to leave the EU
- in 2017 there will be presidential elections in France, where the FN just became strongest party
- a huge chunk of Europe hates the German paymasters
I fear for the European project.

Xoanon

Banned
It was worth voting UKIP just to watch the sanctimonious little bell-ends run around in forums such as this one screaming racist! racist! to anyone who will listen.

It was worth voting UKIP just to watch the sanctimonious little bell-ends run around in forums such as this one screaming racist! racist! to anyone who will listen.

I bet the Guardian and it's metropolitan left wing readers are in mourning today, watching their utopia crumbling around them.

kitch9

Banned
You missed my point.
My point is that the FN will not use their seats for anything but fund their national campaign.
They never voted on anything or did any work.
They do nothing.

I think they possibly might now there's been a significant increase in like minded MEPS from across the EU.

Angry Fork

I am hoping this is the left reaching rock bottom, but I suspect we can go much further before a real resistance/alternative can begin. At least Syriza won in Greece, which is a start, but the fascists gaining ground all over is dooming.

Doczu

You can't stop this train. But you can switch the points, as long as you choose your local politicians wisely. Or you can derail it, with a big (negative) impact on everyone, including yourself.

That's the only thing i am doing. Choosing wisely (oh and to the guy that pointed me to do a NO vote - no thanks).
But don't pretend to speak for everyone or even the majority.
UKIP 25% not 75%
FN 25% not 75%
ect...

I am not pretending to speak for a majority (or for anyone i don't know), i'm just stating that there are more, and more eurosceptics.

Mael

I think they possibly might now there's been a significant increase in like minded MEPS from across the EU.

Yeah no.
We have enough data to show that increase visibility is not likely to change anything, they're lazy fucks before anything.

Boj-InlIQAABTcS.png

You're missing the best part!

cattura4rsq7.png

lol

Acosta

They are the only party advocating an immigration system where everyone gets the same crack of the whip regardless of where in the world you come from.

How racist and xenophobic of them.

You have an unemployment rate of 6,8 and getting down, why do you want a tougher immigration system for? UK is not even in Schengen, do you really think is it going to be better for you out of the Union?

Then i feel cheated, as i had no possibility to choose. What now? Am i to sit quietly when i'm unhappy? You do know that this is not the way things work.

There are mechanism to leave the Union, the Article 50 says so (but of course, you know shit of all that because why bother when you can be crying about your lack of "rights"). Get enough votes and get the fuck out, it´s simple. But you leave with all the consequences. Let's see how that goes for you.

Kurtofan

I bet the Guardian and it's metropolitan left wing readers are in mourning today, watching their utopia crumbling around them.

Those threads are also a great way to put priviledged fuckers like you on my ignore list, see you never.

Mael

They can't be that lazy, they have got to where they are.

You'd be surprised, racist cyclops was there for the last 6 years or so and all he did was taking his checks.
They don't even care when he run his mouths calling for the death of millions anymore anyway.
Seriously they're lazy, stupid and racist.

There are mechanism to leave the Union, the Article 50 says so (but of course, you know shit of all that because why bother when you can be crying about your lack of "rights"). Get enough votes and get the fuck out, it´s simple. But you leave with all the consequences. Let's see how that goes for you.
fun fact, only 1 party in France was advocating for this.
And that's not the racist cyclop's excuse of a party that proposed this.
Instead the others are all about 'renegociating treaties' because that's ever happening.

Nicktendo86

I think it is clear now that the European project, as it stands, is finished. It just doesn't have the approval of the people.

For what its worth, I don't think Britain will leave. I think we will get some good renegotiation and the way will be improved. I hope, anyway.

Oh noes our neoliberal utopia swapped one batch of neoliberals for another.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

There you go..typically snotty, condescending response from the left.

...and you wonder why 'white van man' is no longer voting Labour.

Being educated, left wing and middle class doesn't make you any less of a tosser.

Xoanon

Banned
"Those threads are also a great way to put priviledged fuckers like you on my ignore list, see you never."

Hmmm not bad, not bad. I'm not really feeling the hate though. Try stamping your foot like Veruca Salt when you call me names - see if that makes a difference.

Nicktendo86

So vocal minorities decide that now?
People who voted for anti EU parties in such numbers cannot be ignored. It wasn't just that, parties that actively support the EU (such as the lib dems) didn't get votes. Is that a mandate for the EU to carry on full steam ahead?

Wiktor

My "great" polish countrymen have just voted into European Parliament an idiot who publically states beautiful nuggets of wisdom like women being biologically dumber than men and every women secretly wanting to be raped. Jesus fuck.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
My "great" polish countrymen have just voted into European Parliament an idiot who publically states beautiful nuggets of wisdom like women being biologically dumber than men and every women secretly wanting to be raped. Jesus fuck.

I am utterly aghast at Poland's politicians. I always thought it was one of the most enlightened countries from the old Block, but the amount of BS coming from them since those little evil twin dwarves rose to power (granted, that was probably the first time Poland made some actual waves in the EU, even if it was for all the wrong reasons) has been mind numbing.

I don't really understand.

Nivash

You'd be surprised, racist cyclops was there for the last 6 years or so and all he did was taking his checks.
They don't even care when he run his mouths calling for the death of millions anymore anyway.
Seriously they're lazy, stupid and racist.

That's the beauty of protest voting and far-right populism - it's not about what they do, it's about what they supposedly represent.

The Sweden Democrats (God i hate that name, it's not even grammatically correct!) had their second-in-command get filmed calling a prominent Swedish comedian a baboon, a random woman a whore and another guy the Swedish version of nigger lover. He and two other party members then literally grabbed iron pipes because they supposedly felt threatened, thankfully the police intervened before things got really out of hand.

The aftermath? The guy got kicked out of the party but is still a member of the Swedish Parliament. He wasn't charged with any crimes. Support for the Sweden Democrats increased.

kitch9

Banned
You have an unemployment rate of 6,8 and getting down, why do you want a tougher immigration system for? UK is not even in Schengen, do you really think is it going to be better for you out of the Union?

You tend to get hyperbolic hysteria back as an argument when you raise concerns about the EU.

Immigration has nothing to do with employment figures rather the downward pressure it puts on the wages of those employed and who can afford it least. The UK and other major EU economies saw sharp numbers of poorly trained tradesman such as electricians, plasterers, joiners etc etc arrive from Eastern Europe and they aggressively undercut prices with some willing to work for minimum wage. It only takes one or two companies to utilise this cheap labour to gain a competitive edge and pretty much all companies have to obtain labour at the same prices. UK's building sites used to be well paid places where apprenticeships were plentiful and it all pretty much disappeared overnight.

It's OK for those with office jobs which depend on the quality of the native language to feel secure and protected in their bubble from mass immigration and can pretend it isn't a problem but there are those who are suffering because of it. At one point prices and dropped by 50‰ easily, very few earn anywhere near today what they could 10 years ago.

Some UK factories employ translators because of the availability of cheap labour willing to work for the legal minimum it's cheaper to pay people to translate the various languages on the shop floor.

Dead Man

Just found out today that ukip's Scottish mep is gay. But he opposes gay marriage. I'm confused :s

Some radical gays think buying into marriage is a mistake and gay people should forge their own path when it comes to relationship style.

They probably aren't opposed for that reason.

Nicktendo86

Ukip's argument on immigration is actually a very good one, we should be pulling in doctors and other high skilled workers from India, Africa etc rather than just low skilled workers from Eastern Europe who drive down wages. I don't think that is an entirely unreasonable argument. Issue is whether you believe them or if they would just pull up the drawbridge.

Edit: makes sense dead man, although I don't understand why it would be bad to have equality and still have the ability to go your own, unique way if you like. Seems self defeating to me :/

Farks!

Yeah, you really showed dem PC-liberal hippie tree huggers how it's done! Good for you!

Do you really think anything good will come out of self-indulgent spite?

Wiktor

I am utterly aghast at Poland's politicians. I always thought it was one of the most enlightened countries from the old Block, but the amount of BS coming from them since those little evil twin dwarves rose to power (granted, that was probably the first time Poland made some actual waves in the EU, even if it was for all the wrong reasons) has been mind numbing.

I don't really understand.

Yeah...a large part of our society (at least that who votes) is just bizarrely dumb. When we have overthrown communism we had first free presidential election. In first round the first democratic prime minister lost to a nobody who just flew from Canada with a black suitcase where he supposedly had compromising information about our goverment. Only in second round did he finally lost.

From that moment it was obvious a large part of polish society is just beyond fucked up. Sure, for a long while we've been enjoying decent predictable government, but the support for them is slowly drying out I'm terrified what will happen in next elections. That little spiteful and hateful dwarf might once again rise to power then and this time I doubt he will ever give it back, even if he has to use secret agencies against his competitors.

Mael

Ukip's argument on immigration is actually a very good one, we should be pulling in doctors and other high skilled workers from India, Africa etc rather than just low skilled workers from Eastern Europe who drive down wages. I don't think that is an entirely unreasonable argument. Issue is whether you believe them or if they would just pull up the drawbridge.

What makes you think there's a shortage of high skilled workers over low skilled workers?
IDK about the UK but in France we lack low skilled workers more than high skilled ones, then again not one citizen would pick the kind of work we give to the lowest illegal immigrant anyway...then again it's too hard to search for facts and analyse a situation rather than scream "DEY TOOK OUR GERBS!"

kitch9

Banned
Immigrants across the EU only have a few months to prove that they can sustain themselves in their new country which sounds great. If they don't get a job just send them back right?

Nope, because they will do whatever it takes to to find work and that usually means undercutting current prices/wages heavily to whomever will listen to them.

Nicktendo86

What makes you think there's a shortage of high skilled workers over low skilled workers?
IDK about the UK but in France we lack low skilled workers more than high skilled ones, then again not one citizen would pick the kind of work we give to the lowest illegal immigrant anyway...then again it's too hard to search for facts and analyse a situation rather than scream "DEY TOOK OUR GERBS!"
I'm just repeating their argument, not saying I believe it is 100% true. Taken atnface value though I would say it is reasonable.

I think it is clear now that the European project, as it stands, is finished. It just doesn't have the approval of the people.

For what its worth, I don't think Britain will leave. I think we will get some good renegotiation and the way will be improved. I hope, anyway.

In the UK it's in huge trouble, but for the other countries it really depends. In Germany for example anti-EU parties couldn't manage decent results. The AfD is the only of the "major" parties to be sort of opposed to the EU, but even they "only" criticize certain aspects (including those that people like Krugman criticize btw.).

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Yeah, you really showed dem PC-liberal hippie tree huggers how it's done! Good for you!

Do you really think anything good will come out of self-indulgent spite?

"We threw our weight behind a platform based on agressive anti-immigrant rethoric, climate change denialism, homophobia, isolationism and outrageously risible economic policies, but it was worth it just to spite the lefties. HAHA. Also, the UKIP is a respectable party".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom