• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake Picture GAF v9 — No Man's Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuckie

I have no idea what Eurojank is.

But I saw the Witcher 3 mentioned and that is one of the best games I've ever plaued.

I have no idea what Eurojank is.

But I saw the Witcher 3 mentioned and that is one of the best games I've ever plaued.

Typically refers to ambitious, large scale games made in continental Europe that lack the budget to be truly polished experiences and instead have "jank" in the combat.

Witcher 3 and the rest are great, but the combat still has a slight jank feel to it.

Jobbs

Banned
This shirt is ficking disgusting and I refuse to get rid of it.

c3XhIiz.png

Xiao Hu

That feeling when you have no hair around your arse and balls...for now
_______

Never played Gothic or Risen. Always lookes so clunky to me.

Typically refers to ambitious, large scale games made in continental Europe that lack the budget to be truly polished experiences and instead have "jank" in the combat.

Witcher 3 and the rest are great, but the combat still has a slight jank feel to it.

Eurojank has way more jank than in only the combat and misses polish in many aspects of the game. Witcher 3 isn't really considered eurojank considering it is one of the best polished WRPGs out there.

Eurojank has way more jank than in only the combat and misses polish in many aspects of the game. Witcher 3 isn't really considered eurojank considering it is one of the best polished WRPGs out there.

Witcher 1 tho. That combat is jank city.

But yeah generally multiple aspects, but the gameplay being janky is obviously the biggest hindrance to actually playing them.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Eurojank is just a loose colloquial term usually referring to European (often Eastern European) developed titles that are bold and imaginative in scope, embrace unorthadox and inventive gameplay systems, yet lack the standardised polish of typical AAA Western productions. The animations might be a bit off, there will be bugs, some game systems are little cumbersome to interact with, but the ambition and individual experience elevate above this jank, said jank often seen as complimentary to the uniqueness of what the game offers over popularised AAA productions.

Is witcher 1 Eurojank too much for a fan of fallout?

The jank in Witcher 1 will throw you off at first but eventually you get used to it and embrace it. I wouldn't say it's particularly worse than Fallout in that regard.

Witcher 1 is also a lot more strategic than the later games. You can only drink potions outside of combat, you have to actually read books to learn about the monsters before you can loot them, etc. Potions and oils are essential in many fights. I'm playing Witcher 3 on the next to hardest difficulty and I'm breezing through with no real need for any of that.

The major drawback for Witcher 1 for me is the inventory system.

It's shit and there's no sugar coating it. Especially hours into the game. It becomes Where's Waldo when you're looking for something you need.

I loved Witcher 1...it has a great little story. but the swamps are hell

I forgot about them due to PTSD.

Jobbs

Banned
I won't lie... I hated the first two witchers... I tried playing each multiple times and I just hated the gameplay and the story/characters did nothing to make me care...

I won't lie... I hated the first two witchers... I tried playing each multiple times and I just hated the gameplay and the story/characters did nothing to make me care...

the second one was nothing but common trash. but the first one is a real little gem. combat takes some time to get used to and is poorly balanced but the story and atmosphere totally make up for it,

Out of interest, given all the flirting that happens in the thread, what would people do if they developed a legit crush on someone here? And vice versa, if you found out someone else had a crush on you, how would you all react?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Witcher 2's story is one of the best in the medium.
Witcher 1 is cool.

Witcher 3....

*strokes chin*

....good video game.

FloatOn

Out of interest, given all the flirting that happens in the thread, what would people do if they developed a legit crush on someone here? And vice versa, if you found out someone else had a crush on you, how would you all react?

Long distances relationships rarely work so I would never have actual feelings for someone here

EatChildren

PM nudes, in both cases.

Zero²

Uh...for a friend! Yeah! A friend! *coughcough* >_>

No reason, just a thought I had
Well I normally have it really easy to get along with people over the internet, but I guess that without actually meeting it's all too smoke and mirrors for anything more than friendship actually existing. That and I'm already dating ofc.

Misha

Banned
:c to both of these

For what it's worth, for the just over half a year I've known you, I've thought you're super cool and have enjoyed having you around
thanks. I try :p
Same.
Try to get skype deets.

If I found out I'd be kinda embarrassed and if I'm not into them I'd try to let them down nicely that's already happened a few times on another site. It can get awkward.

Chuckie

If I'd develop a legit crush I'd ignore it because I am happily married. If someone developed a crush on me, I'd tell her I am very flattered but that I cannot reciprocate the feelings because I am happily married.

This hasn't happened yet though and I doubt it ever will :p

Misha

Banned
Can mods see our pms's?
I'm pretty sure it's possible in vbullitin (that's what this site uses right?) but I doubt they give those permissions to most mods. At most it would probably be admins but I doubt they'd care to just go through them.

Xiao Hu

Zero²;214549515 said:
Ohh I have to shave it too, but I've been delaying it because I'm lazy. Btw did you shave or waxed it?

Neither. I use a hair removal cream but avoid putting it directly on my balls because I don't want to mess up my future kids ;)

Xiao Hu

the second one was nothing but common trash. but the first one is a real little gem. combat takes some time to get used to and is poorly balanced but the story and atmosphere totally make up for it,

Girl, you trippin or what?

wat? is that cream supposed to be used down there? :O I'd never try that in my area

Yeah, just don't put it on your junk and balls. I use around the genitals because it's so annoying trimming/shaving around this area >.>

Jobbs

Banned
They should have made Mary Jane a trans girl or even just make her a boy. I'd be up for gay spiderman. Kids and their dumbass crap, man. Who gives a shit.

edit: Matt Damon in the great wall? PLEASE tell me that's Matt Damon playing a character who was historically chinese hahaha

yes of course!

also how does witcher 3 compare to the first one in story and stuff? I keep meaning to play it but it's so big it's intimidating :O I don't care for the combat but I like the world design.

I just send the lewds directly to the mods so they can't avoid it

I haven't completed the main story yet but the whole game is very different from the 1st. the first one was way smaller and had some interesting sidequests but it really was all about wrapping everything up in a neat little package at the end. the 3rd is more about the whole journey....there's no filler material at all. even the sidequests are great little adventures on their own. everything is just very immersive and great.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
wat? is that cream supposed to be used down there? :O I'd never try that in my area
There are epilatory creams for sensitive skins that could be used down there, although labeling actually discourages this. You absolutely want to test it on a small area prior proper usage and set an alarm no matter your skin, though. Just keeping it for two minutes over the time limit will result in hours of pain and misery.

A friend told me.

Xiao Hu

at least gameplay-wise. I never got far enough in the story. it was such a lame mainstream assimilation I had to stop playing after like 30 minutes. such a nasty step-down. glad they found back to their originality in W3.

Ok, that's a valid point. I really liked the story though since it's a conspiracy unfolding which. I also adore the opening sequence with the huge siege going on, gave me legit GoT vibes (if we ever get a proper game set in that universe, please God let CD Projekt do it).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom