• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake Picture GAF v9 — No Man's Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clydefrog

il_570xN.707723154_s5r3.jpg

watch out, i'm having flashbacks

Xiao Hu

TBH, my initial hype deflated quite fast. The show has a lot of flaws (including some extremely dumb main characters) and it moves so slow it will probably push you towards dropping it altogether by mid season, although it *really* picks up near the end. It's a shame, really, because the universe is fantastic. If you can push yourself through the season, you'll probably crave for more by the end of it
I stopped watching it after the
bounty hunter
ark. The character was so over the top, for a supposedly dangerous person I couldn't take him serious at all. It's like when a dwarf is trying to intimidate you level of bad...

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Sometimes when I speak, online or in real life, I feel like wind. Like my presence goes unnoticed, or acknowledged yet not fully realized. Or acknowledged, but acknowledged as inconsequential or even idiotic, regardless if I've put thought into my words or not. I feel either invisible, or like a clown.

I'm hung over. Meh.

Good morning. Ignore me, friends, as I vent to you in the wee hours of the morning, groggy and upset that I must be awake.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I went to visit my parents yesterday and they had returned from town with their dog. She was filthy like you couldn't imagine after chasing mice and rabbits in the forest for weeks, yet I couldn't help but give her the biggest hug, which she corresponded by licking my hands up to my elbows and wagging her tail so hard it was almost painful to look at.

I love dawgs. Dawgs are the best.

Edit: Hi sol.

Sometimes when I speak, online or in real life, I feel like wind. Like my presence goes unnoticed, or acknowledged yet not fully realized. Or acknowledged, but acknowledged as inconsequential or even idiotic, regardless if I've put thought into my words or not. I feel either invisible, or like a clown.

I'm hung over. Meh.

Good morning. Ignore me, friends, as I vent to you in the wee hours of the morning, groggy and upset that I must be awake.

I sometimes have that feeling too. Mostly in this topic tbh.
Same

See: the random spell of feeling shit yesterday afternoon

You're both cool. I appreciate your posts even if I don't respond c:

jb1234

I'm hung over. Meh.

Stop drinking so much before I pound on you. There, you got some attention. :p

(Seriously though, I understand the feeling. It's easy to feel ignored at times or even unwanted.)

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.

Same

Man, this is weird, because I notice you guys whenever you post.

Goes to show you that people make more of an impact than they realize.

Also hi Funky. I love your food posts. And thanks JB for being a nice guy. Again. (Stop being so nice)
Don't the world needs you like that

That's largely the nature of the thread. Most other threads have a central topic that everyone replying wants to talk about, whereas this one has many and usually multiple running concurrently. Not everyone wants to talk about everything brought up here which is fine.

Personally, I often try to combine a reply to something someone else said in with my main post whenever I bring up something new, partly to hedge my bets in multiple conversations and partly to limit the number of posts I make that are just about me. It works pretty well most of the time! :)

That being said, there's definitely some favoritism that goes on at times. I'm not sure how to treat that, to be honest.

Chuckie

Same

You are also cool. And a fun target for my banter ;)

Man, this is weird, because I notice you guys whenever you post.

Sometimes it also might be a case of simply feeling like the wind while not actually being the wind.

That being said, there's definitely some favoritism that goes on at times. I'm not sure how to treat that, to be honest.

Well there will always be favoritism I guess. The only thing you can do (what I do) is search for people who have quoted you and try to reply those. You seem pretty good at that too tbh :D

DrM

Redmond's Baby
More yelling at work, this time on some sales representatives from outside suppliers who ordered goods freely during my absence without anyone knowing.

I will probably beat up somebody soon.

Well there will always be favoritism I guess. The only thing you can do (what I do) is search for people who have quoted you and try to reply those. You seem pretty good at that too tbh :D

I don't actually search for it. I auto-sub to threads I post in, and then I somehow usually find time to read every single post afterward. Or I try to. I also have a userscript that makes the highlight on quoted posts five times more vivid so it's impossible to miss :p

(you can see what it looks like if you go back to the first post in this thread)

The other thing is there are different subjects that appeal to different people. For example, I almost never reply to posts about music unless it's Poppy. That's just not something I have anything to say about, so I'm not going to reply for the sake of replying. The trick, then, is finding stuff a lot of people want to talk about!

I made my girl stand up finally. :D

God I'm tired

I forgot you were animating so trying to parse this sentence was super difficult. How did it turn out?

Jobbs

Banned
I don't actually search for it. I auto-sub to threads I post in, and then I somehow usually find time to read every single post afterward. Or I try to. I also have a userscript that makes the highlight on quoted posts five times more vivid so it's impossible to miss :p

(you can see what it looks like if you go back to the first post in this thread)

The other thing is there are different subjects that appeal to different people. For example, I almost never reply to posts about music unless it's Poppy. That's just not something I have anything to say about, so I'm not going to reply for the sake of replying. The trick, then, is finding stuff a lot of people want to talk about!

I forgot you were animating so trying to parse this sentence was super difficult. How did it turn out?

Yeah I like making it difficult. I guess I have the opposite posting style. 😁

It's very good. Some of my better work... Which bothers me because I'd like all the art to be on the same level. I'd love to start fresh.

I need to design an incredibly memorable and iconic helmet for a little girl to wear. This has to be just right. Hmm.

Jobbs

Banned
my cat is going around the room knocking things over and meowing. he's all restless for some reason. this is pissing me off he's gonna wake my gf up

I know. The worst part is I have to wake up in twenty-five hours to drive my friend to the airport. Tomorrow is going to be highly abbreviated!

I think my sister leaving has put me in a mild depression. Also not getting any real work done tonight :(

Jobbs

Banned
I know. The worst part is I have to wake up in twenty-five hours to drive my friend to the airport. Tomorrow is going to be highly abbreviated!

I think my sister leaving has put me in a mild depression. Also not getting any real work done tonight :(

ah yeah it can be upsetting when someone you're used to be around all the time is suddenly gone. :( doesn't quite feel like the same place anymore, does it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom