• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake Picture GAF v9 — No Man's Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Deus Ex doesn't unlock until 2am local time, and I'm working that day, and I have to go to a housewarming party after work.

Goddamnit

I waaas gonna pull a sicky so I could play video games like a manchild, but our calendar looks pretty cruisey and my colleague is going to be out of the office after lunch so I should probably should up and take advantage of an easy day*.

*now that I've said this the day will terrible

Sometimes when I speak, online or in real life, I feel like wind. Like my presence goes unnoticed, or acknowledged yet not fully realized. Or acknowledged, but acknowledged as inconsequential or even idiotic, regardless if I've put thought into my words or not. I feel either invisible, or like a clown.

I'm hung over. Meh.

Good morning. Ignore me, friends, as I vent to you in the wee hours of the morning, groggy and upset that I must be awake.

You're not alone in feeling this, man.

*hugs*

Over time I'm learning to just say my piece and let it go, regardless if it's acknowledged or not.
But sometimes I notice it and it sucks.

Misha

Banned
I started watching Star Trek the next generation recently. I've been avoiding it for awhile since it seemed pretty daunting to get into a show with a ton of spin off and movies and stuff. I'm finding it really fits the kind of thing that I like. A lot of the diplomacy episodes kinda suck(what if we do a planet where women are in charge or maybe one where the aliens are surprised women have power at all? That sounds new and innovative) and Wesley can almost be little Anakin levels sometimes but the premise is enough for me to sit through those low points. Also Data is the best character by far.

a friend of mine wants to go to this show with me but I don't know if i'm up for it. what the heck is wrong with me. I don't wanna go anywhere anymore ;/

Fluvian

Banned
Just watched last nights raw, I'm seriously shocked how quickly Roman Reigns has become over since creative stopped pushing him as a top guy, he had a great match with Jericho.

Jobbs

Banned
yes you should go trab. save yourself!

::hermiting intensifies ::

I also may have insomnia since I can't seem to sleep for very long. I got 3 hours earlier and now I can't sleep at all.

Chuckie

Have you constructed a hermit shell for yourself yet?

pokemans_080.gif

Pictured above: Jobbs

Jobbs

Banned
A hermit crab has a shell because that shell is his house You don't have another house inside your house. I already have a haus.

Mistel

Banned
I started watching Star Trek the next generation recently. I've been avoiding it for awhile since it seemed pretty daunting to get into a show with a ton of spin off and movies and stuff. I'm finding it really fits the kind of thing that I like. A lot of the diplomacy episodes kinda suck(what if we do a planet where women are in charge or maybe one where the aliens are surprised women have power at all? That sounds new and innovative) and Wesley can almost be little Anakin levels sometimes but the premise is enough for me to sit through those low points. Also Data is the best character by far.
TNG is a bit dated in that aspect towards women but it does get better on in the later seasons with the introduction of several characters it is no way as bad as TOS is. The diplomacy stuff is a bit hit and miss it depends on the episode again later seasons really improve there.

Jobbs

Banned
TNG is one of my favorite TV shows of all time, and Wesley goes away after a while. It doesn't get really good until like season 3. You can largely determine if you're in the good stuff by if Riker has a beard yet.

Misha

Banned
TNG is a bit dated in that aspect towards women but it does get better on in the later seasons with the introduction of several characters it is no way as bad as TOS is. The diplomacy stuff is a bit hit and miss it depends on the episode again later seasons really improve there.
TOS definitely seemed a bit more than I can handle :p
That's good that it improves. It's still an enjoyable show at this point, could be even better
TNG is one of my favorite TV shows of all time, and Wesley goes away after a while. It doesn't get really good until like season 3. You can largely determine if you're in the good stuff by if Riker has a beard yet.
I don't mind Wesley too much. Just they don't know how to make him act like a kid. He's so much better when he acts like a competent crew member.
Riker looks so much better without a beard

Jobbs

Banned
Starting to get hooked on Salem.

It's such messy fun.

It's that Kirsten Dunst gif: The show

That's good that it improves. It's still an enjoyable show at this point, could be even better

I don't mind Wesley too much. Just they don't know how to make him act like a kid. He's so much better when he acts like a competent crew member.

His mom, Beverly, is one of the worst and most obnoxious characters in television which just serves as a testament to how good the show is that I still love it. Though various characters have their moments, Picard and Data most embody what I love so much about the show.

It's a show about difficult questions and ethics and thinking things through. It's about logic and patience. It's about humanity. It's not JJ Abrams commercial vomit.

Misha

Banned
His mom, Beverly, is one of the worst and most obnoxious characters in television which just serves as a testament to how good the show is that I still love it. Though various characters have their moments, Picard and Data most embody what I love so much about the show.

It's a show about difficult questions and ethics and thinking things through. It's about logic and patience. It's about humanity. It's not JJ Abrams commercial vomit.
It's really the kind of scifi I prefer

Also does worf ever get better? I still can't figure out what he does there.

Mistel

Banned
It is a shame they didn't keep Pulaski round for longer she was much better than Crusher.

TOS does have some good episodes like Tholian Web or Doomsday Weapon that are worth seeing but I wouldn't watch the whole lot unless you were desperate. TNG gets a lot better a it goes along with the general consensus being about season 3 where it picks up, DS9 has good characters and writing from the start but it does have its quibbles here and there.

Misha

Banned
It is a shame they didn't keep Pulaski round for longer she was much better than Crusher.

TOS does have some good episodes like Tholian Web or Doomsday Weapon that are worth seeing but I wouldn't watch the whole lot unless you were desperate. TNG gets a lot better a it goes along with the general consensus being about season 3 where it picks up, DS9 has good characters and writing from the start but it does have its quibbles here and there.
Weirdly my grandma (who's really into scifi and Star Trek)seems to like TOS the most and enterprise second most and rarely even mentions DS9

Mistel

Banned
Weirdly my grandma (who's really into scifi and Star Trek)seems to like TOS the most and enterprise second most and rarely even mentions DS9
I never really got into Enterprise whilst liking the cast I didn't enjoy all the Temporal Cold War and Xindi stuff although the mirror universe episode was good.

Mistel

Banned
It seems to be the most hated one on gaf
I feel that it is understandable given this issues the show had with the tonal changes to avoid cancellation etc not to mention the ending. Discovery hopefully avoids these issues although not really a fan of the setting timeframe wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom