• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake Picture GAF v9 — No Man's Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Horseshoe theory is a bollocks oversimplification of politics spouted by centrists who don't want the status quo to change
Take a look at the state of the nu left and the nu right in Europe.

Antiglobalist, antiNATO, antiscience, slobbering on Putin's mast.

They are becoming increasingly similar once you get past immigration and women's rights. It's revolting.

Chuckie

Easy A is so good tho.

emmastone-yum.gif

FloatOn

Emma Roberts schtick is so one note. Everything I've seen her in is basically like "I'm going to act really mean and snotty but you will like me anyway because underneath it all I really have a heart of gold".

Lame

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Emma Roberts schtick is so one note. Everything I've seen her in is basically like "I'm going to act really mean and snotty but you will like me anyway because underneath it all I really have a heart of gold".

Lame
And even at that role she aint that good. Campy acting is not complicated anyway.

Take a look at the state of the nu left and the nu right in Europe.

Antiglobalist, antiNATO, antiscience, slobbering on Putin's mast.

They are becoming increasingly similar once you get past immigration and women's rights. It's revolting.

So their economic platforms are the same? Because that's what left and right refer to. Like, if you said the same thing for the authoritarian/libertarian axis of the political spectrum you'd sound insane. I'm not denying that people on the left and right might share some bad opinions, but it's politically illiterate to say that it's because they're so far left and right. The far left is for the system to be able to support everyone. The far right is for the system to allow certain people to get ahead in such a way that it can completely fuck over someone else because "they didn't try hard enough". They could not be more diametrically opposed.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
So their economic platforms are the same? Because that's what left and right refer to. Like, if you said the same thing for the authoritarian/libertarian axis of the political spectrum you'd sound insane. I'm not denying that people on the left and right might share some bad opinions, but it's politically illiterate to say that it's because they're so far left and right. The far left is for the system to be able to support everyone. The far right is for the system to allow certain people to get ahead in such a way that it can completely fuck over someone else because "they didn't try hard enough". They could not be more diametrically opposed.
Besides being stupid as fuck labels, right and left encompass a lot more than economic policies. The right wing school of thinking believes that social differences are natural and even desirable, whereas left wing parties advocate for equality. The rest is just a matter of means and branding. Either way, the European nu right is actually quite protectionist and even supports the nationalisation of certain services.

It should be noted that while the nu right is more or less better dressed version of the old fascist movements of the early 20th century, the nu left is a more complex beast. While their aims are opposed, their means and support are becoming more and more similar, which in turn is shaping the policies of both movements.

Misha

Banned
I would actually say that because they're so far away from the norm is the reason they have those questionable beliefs.
Two main reasons that I can think of
1. It's more likely for irrational people to fight for a cause that isn't doing well. Not to say they're a majority or anything just that they're less likely to be turned off by failure and such
2. Being as extremely opposed to the norm attracts people who have views that exist just to be contrarian. This leads to some beliefs to be exaggerated and the general distrust of the people currently in charge and a decent bit of conspiracy theories

I don't think this line of thinking is endemic to either end of the spectrum and that if either would have been the norm those types of beliefs wouldn't be part of their ideology.
But for actually becoming the norm, I can't see the right being able to divorce themselves from such things but I'd definitely expect the left to be able to shed most of it

Chuckie

I've only seen her in AHS tbh. And she sure as hell didn't have a heart of gold in that one.

Is that a function of poor acting or poor writing and/or direction? I've not seen her in anything because I simply don't watch many movies or TV shows.

Vazra

Is that a function of poor acting or poor writing and/or direction? I've not seen her in anything because I simply don't watch many movies or TV shows.

She is very one note in everything she does. I think its not entirely on her but she aint no saint.

Emma Roberts is certainly typecast and I don't find her acting ability to be very good. She reminds me of Taissa Farmiga in that they both have acting careers due to Hollywood nepotism more than any real acting talent.

But I still enjoy the campy mean girl persona she does. Whereas Taissa just puts me to sleep.

Vazra

Emma Roberts is certainly typecast and I don't find her acting ability to be very good. She reminds me of Taissa Farmiga in that they both have acting careers due to Hollywood nepotism more than any real acting talent.

But I still enjoy the campy mean girl persona she does. Whereas Taissa just puts me to sleep.

The worst thing of American Horror Story and The Final Girls is Taissa. If only she knew how to act like her bigger sis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom