• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake Picture GAF v9 — No Man's Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jobbs

Banned
Thank you.

That song idea is really cool! It sounds complicated to design and implement though.

I have a few different kits of ideas and sometimes they start to bleed into eachother..

I think having a button for singing (or perhaps playing -- Maybe they carry a mandolin or something around) music in the case of a musically inclined protagonist would be potential for immense characterization. We'd have a whole soundtrack of songs and what song they performed would be contingent on where in the game world or story progress they are. We could have rare/secret songs, as well. For example, you come across a mystical cave, and in this one location this one song is possible...

Conversely, there could be times when the character simply doesn't want to perform for whatever reason. Telling the character to do something with a button press and them reacting in the negative, I think, along with everything else would help foster an interesting relationship/tension between the user and the character.

I had my gay awakening from Fight club, I don't like the movie much anymore but god damn did Brad Pitt have amazing abs in that.

My true awakening:

Also, Leo DiCaprio in Titanic.

I have a hard time relating to lazy people, which isn't a good thing. I have a hard time relaxing by myself and not being productive. Basically if I'm not being productive or hanging out with someone then I feel like I'm wasting my time. It's a curse.

I have a few different kits of ideas and sometimes they start to bleed into eachother..

I think having a button for singing (or perhaps playing -- Maybe they carry a mandolin or something around) music in the case of a musically inclined protagonist would be potential for immense characterization. We'd have a whole soundtrack of songs and what song they performed would be contingent on where in the game world or story progress they are. We could have rare/secret songs, as well. For example, you come across a mystical cave, and in this one location this one song is possible...

Conversely, there could be times when the character simply doesn't want to perform for whatever reason. Telling the character to do something with a button press and them reacting in the negative, I think, along with everything else would help foster an interesting relationship/tension between the user and the character.
So... couple thoughts.

Is a dedicated button better than incidental performance and expanded idle states? I really like when a character starts goofing off on their own when you leave them alone for a few seconds.

Next, denying control to the player is usually super annoying. Like in Tomb Raider, Arkham or whatever, when you're forced to talk on the phone and can't run or do actions it really isn't fun. How do you make that deprivation worthwhile?

Scrotum chin

FloatOn

I can't say for sure what was first but I know one of my early television crushes was the girl mouse in Chip & Dale's Rescue Rangers.

I think we have all been there

also typical for people our age is Winnie Cooper from the wonder years

or Topanga from boy meets world

Jobbs

Banned
Is a dedicated button better than incidental performance and expanded idle states? I really like when a character starts goofing off on their own when you leave them alone for a few seconds.

Next, denying control to the player is usually super annoying. Like in Tomb Raider, Arkham or whatever, when you're forced to talk on the phone and can't run or do actions it really isn't fun. How do you make that deprivation worthwhile?

I think a song button is more interesting and proactive than "character may perform song if idle long enough", especially given the nature of how this may interact with the world context and maybe even occasionally influence game events (but not necessarily).

I wouldn't deny control.. I was referring to how in some cases if you press the "song" button, the character would merely shrug or mumble or whatever because they don't want to perform a song (or it otherwise isn't practical in the moment).

This adds a compulsive layer to the gameplay, too, which could be good or bad -- In other words, some players would feel the need to probe everywhere for songs.

FloatOn

Elisha Cuthbert in Popular Mechanics for Kids.
<3

I'm a nerd.

I didn't discover her until much much later

MV5BMTQwNDA3ODc0M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzk5NzczMw@@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

I think a song button is more interesting and proactive than "character may perform song if idle long enough", especially given the nature of how this may interact with the world context and maybe even occasionally influence game events (but not necessarily).

I wouldn't deny control.. I was referring to how in some cases if you press the "song" button, the character would merely shrug or mumble or whatever because they don't want to perform a song (or it otherwise isn't practical in the moment).

This adds a compulsive layer to the gameplay, too, which could be good or bad -- In other words, some players would feel the need to probe everywhere for songs.

this game fucking sucked but didn't zelda wind waker do something like this?

Oh. If the song interacts with the world I feel like that's something different than what duck game does. That's more like honking your horn in a driving game, or crouching in Shovel Knight, or hugging in A Boy and His Blob. What you're talking about sounds more like Zelda games.

A lot of Zelda games have some kind of musical instrument (maybe all?) but they don't really work the way I'm suggesting
What's the difference

Jobbs

Banned
I installed Duck Game (I have it for free. Eat shit! >:D) just to see what everyone's talking aboot.

What's the difference

In Zelda games, like Ocarina of time, don't you have to LEARN songs? and then play them to do X thing?

I'm suggesting songs are decided by the character, not the player, and the songs are incidental and for flavor and unlinked to any power or ability

Basically a much expanded and glorified version of horn honking or quacking

My sexual awakening was the original pink power ranger.

Don't judge me.

You had a crush on the pink ranger? You deviant. Truly novel

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.

Don't judge me.

Yes, well. I do, but some feelings are hard to shake. Also, this is burned into my mind (enough I am sure I've linked to it before):
"95% of the time there's no poop."
"And the other 5%?"
"There's poop."

I'm too cool for bandwagon jumping.

She's performing with randos. You and your partner can get better results than that!

Plus, after accidentally vomitting on a guy's dick one time, I don't really find anything that gross anymore.

I installed Duck Game (I have it for free. Eat shit! >:D) just to see what everyone's talking aboot.

In Zelda games, like Ocarina of time, don't you have to LEARN songs? and then play them to do X thing?

I'm suggesting songs are decided by the character, not the player, and the songs are incidental and for flavor and unlinked to any power or ability

Basically a much expanded and glorified version of horn honking or quacking
Now it sounds like Assassins Creed sea shanties :p

Jobbs

Banned
I've been explaining the same idea for like three or four posts and you get something different out of it each time.

Am I that bad at explaining? :(

jb1234

I didn't finish Inside last night, for some reason I looked at it and just.. Didn't get started. But I seriously need to do that soon. I must know what the big deal is. I must be informed about what is going on.

I've actually never played Limbo before. Maybe I should do that.

Halcyon

I'm gonna go home and attempt to watch a movie and eat popcorn with my wife and baby.

Tomorrow is date day which should include drinks and vaginal sex. Maybe swim.

Sunday I'm visiting my family because they havent seen the baby in a few months. My whore idiot cunt sister has never met her yet.

Probably buy a new TV for the bedroom. Gonna get a new Chromecast which I'm stupidly excited about.

Plus, after accidentally vomitting on a guy's dick one time, I don't really find anything that gross anymore.

I've been puked on twice by girls but never on the dick :(

34j2f22.jpg

I would be legitimately traumatised, ewewew

playing wow, petting my cat and/or getting clawed by my cat, possible co-op gaming with new okcupid pal, lawn work, dick zuck, dick selfie, sleep ^_^x

Forward to my inbox pls xxx c:

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I've been puked on twice by girls but never on the dick :(

34j2f22.jpg
I know a certain girl who demands flavoured condoms. Otherwise she becomes sick and can't give oral, lest not risk a catastrophic fuck-up.

I also happen to know another who will straight up refuse to go down, but 100% expects you to give her an oral account of the Old Testament. My best friend courted her for close to a year, only to drop her right after that night. There's being squeamish and there's being a selfish SOB.

Wait, she's dipping Cheetos in French onion dip.

#spiritanimal
Watch iZombie™&#65039;

Don't judge me.
Amy Jo Johnson was (and still is) a total cutie. I'm not judging.

Jobbs

Banned
Only a part of sexual gratification is mechanical. A lot of it (at least for me) is psychological. The idea of a guy giving me oral sex does absolutely nothing stimulating for me psychologically, so it'd be impossible for it to be better than from a woman.

I know a certain girl who demands flavoured condoms. Otherwise she becomes sick and can't give oral, lest not risk a catastrophic fuck-up.

I also happen to know another who will straight up refuse to go down, but 100% expects you to give her an oral account of the Old Testament. My best friend courted her for close to a year, only to drop her right after that night. There's being squeamish and there's being a selfish SOB.

How does she consider it okay to expect something she won't do in return? What is she doing to make up for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom