• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake Picture GAF v9 — No Man's Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misha

Banned
Nobody probably talks like the way Jensen does but it is rather methodical method of speech suggesting more of design decision than a actual reflection of anyone Jensen is far more bearable than Denton was who sounds like a text to speech program. You might like human revolution it is less slow to start off DLC is rubbish though.

I actually mostly wasn't talking about Jensen. it was mostly people talking at him saying things I didn't really care about really really slowly. I guess its just not the kind of thing I was hoping for when dealing with a cyberpunk story. evil badguy conspiracy thing that affects the entire world is just kinda boring

I have human revolution from a bundle so I guess i'll try it. just didn't care for the combat at all tho so i'm not sure if I would enjoy it any more.

Yeah this is a game I'm looking forward to as well. I'm glad FemShep was such a success that the default protag in the new one is female.

"Fem"Shep implies the previous mass effect games had a male option. I don't recall that being the case

Mistel

Banned
I actually mostly wasn't talking about Jensen. it was mostly people talking at him saying things I didn't really care about really really slowly. I guess its just not the kind of thing I was hoping for when dealing with a cyberpunk story. evil badguy conspiracy thing that affects the entire world is just kinda boring

I have human revolution from a bundle so I guess i'll try it. just didn't care for the combat at all tho so i'm not sure if I would enjoy it any more.
If you don't like it story wise now its very heavy into the conspiracy thing always has been so it might not be your cup of tea combat is about the same really.
Just for shits and giggles I opened up my POF profile for the first time in literally 8 months

942 yesses
Well that's nearly 1000 people to bother with instead of her I guess.

literally me
14021690_679904745495099_9213344418665753928_n.jpg

Misha

Banned
If you don't like it story wise now its very heavy into the conspiracy thing always has been so it might not be your cup of tea combat is about the same really.

yeah I think I like a lot more personal stories when it comes to sci fi/cyberpunk or even everything maybe. and having the main goal be the combat is kinda boring. I don't find it satisfying to just have more combat be the reward there should be consequences and stuff

I move the goalpost to microtransactions.

The other thing is that if you miss some quests early on, you'll wind up missing out on content later in the game, since a couple of them are sort of "ongoing" quests that you can only trigger in the first half of the game, but which continue in stages through to the latter part.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I guess I did. I mean not all of them but after being with someone for a certain time I guess it kinda is common ground that condoms are being skipped, at least in my experience. but just because you're in a relationship doesn't mean there isn't some syphilis floating around from previous partners sooo the whole concept is really flawed. some dudes are just anti-condom in general though, for sure.
Absolutely, and that is a huge issue. It is also why everybody in a serious relationship should get tested. Plenty of places will do it for free, there's no reason not to.

Edit:

I don't believe I shared this because it's really super gross but you asked... I'll spoiler it just in case.

My last hookup was a really cute but odd dude. Things got off on a bad foot when he tried to fuck me without a condom (which is apparently standard procedure when you're on PrEP in Seattle but I wasn't going for it). So we did other things, I eventually got off and then, in an incredibly bizarre moment, he took some of my cum and painted on my forehead, ala Simba in The Lion King.

(Distressingly, I just googled this and it's apparently a thing, known as Simba'd.)

Afterward, he was like, "Yeah, I probably shouldn't have done that."
Lordt.

I dunno why but my gay side is a lot more childlike apparently, haha

Like instead of being sarcastic cynicalboy I act super innocent and playful

Also I use :3 a lot

Mistel

Banned
yeah I think I like a lot more personal stories when it comes to sci fi/cyberpunk or even everything maybe. and having the main goal be the combat is kinda boring. I don't find it satisfying to just have more combat be the reward there should be consequences and stuff
I wouldn't say combat is the main goal it can be done full stealth MGS style but the plot is all conspiracy as you are nothing more than a pawn really. Although there is the humanistic elements within the franchise which you'll probably like but as you have Human Revolution you might want to play that first as it fills in a lot.
But what if neither of those work
Get back together? Mean the worst thing that'll happen is realise you probably aren't compatible in the first place and end it on your terms or find some other method of closure for the relationship should help.

Misha

Banned
I wouldn't say combat is the main goal it can be done full stealth MGS style but the plot is all conspiracy as you are nothing more than a pawn really. Although there is the humanistic elements within the franchise which you'll probably like but as you have Human Revolution you might want to play that first as it fills in a lot.

I was including stealth in with combat. I meant as opposed to dialogue, decisions etc. in a world where cyborgs are facing discrimination i'd very much like to interact with the individuals and see it happening instead of being told about it and do my best to try to make things better instead of just fighting some giant enemy's grunts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom