• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake Picture GAF v9 — No Man's Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jobbs

Banned
I woke up topless, sticky and drooling over my pillow. I've reached maximun elegance

Me too! Except for the sticky part. Not sure how you got so sticky
invoker-laugh.gif

Fluvian

Banned
Zero²;215256553 said:
Thanks, robin is sooo cute :3

You could try watching One Hundred Mob, it's by the same author but with a more character driven story. Personally I like it even more than OPM.

STOP TRYING TO TEMP ME TO WATCH ANIME!!

DrM

Redmond's Baby
The ever unfolding shitshow of No Man's Sky is providing me so much entertainment, I.. I just.. I'm so happy

This is one of the Ori & The Blind Forest creators weighing in

It is ...beautiful.

Also, as I said before, Sean should consider career in politics.

how could this happen....I mean they should've know this would be the reaction?!! like, what was the point in lying?

I wonder who covered their asses at Sony. Because it was quite obvious that they are having issues with development - if a game appear on two or three consecutive E3s, red lights should turn on

Jobbs

Banned
how could this happen....I mean they should've know this would be the reaction?!!

Right now I feel like I'd be incapable of selling my soul for a big payday. I care too much about things. So.. Yes, basically, I have no idea how this happened. I'm going to try and get a refund myself.

In any case I love the shit show. I'd call it "schadenfreude" but I don't think the developers are experiencing misfortune. They seem to have experienced the opposite of that.

Also, as I said before, Sean should consider career in politics.

I think Sean's finished. He won't be taken seriously again. I can't imagine blowing your whole reputation for a payday, but I guess I'm not everyone.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
I think Sean's finished. He won't be taken seriously again. I can't imagine blowing your whole reputation for a payday, but I guess I'm not everyone.
Well, he is finished in video games industry, but in (local) politics, they adore that kind of guys :p

Right now I feel like I'd be incapable of selling my soul for a big payday. I care too much about things. So.. Yes, basically, I have no idea how this happened. I'm going to try and get a refund myself.

In any case I love the shit show. I'd call it "schadenfreude" but I don't think the developers are experiencing misfortune. They seem to have experienced the opposite of that.

how so?

Jobbs

Banned

The game did pretty big preorder and day one sales numbers. For a tiny dev like Hello Games, that's almost certainly a lot of money. It's easy to reasonably speculate that Sean Murray was made a multi-millionaire by this.

Ehhh worked for Peter Molyneux for 3 Fable games. He might be alright.

Peter Molyneux isn't taken seriously anymore. He shipped multiple games, yes, but he actually shipped some games that were fairly good. Fable is a game that he famously lied about when hyping it, but even though he told lies, the game turned out to be pretty good. That matters a lot. No Man's Sky isn't good, it's not even really a game. It's kind of.. Nothing. You go shoot rocks. You fly to another planet and shoot rocks. How do you even really critique that?

The game did pretty big preorder and day one sales numbers. For a tiny dev like Hello Games, that's almost certainly a lot of money. It's easy to reasonably speculate that Sean Murray was made a multi-millionaire by this.

what about all the refunds though? doesn't it affect them somehow? :eek:

Jobbs

Banned
what about all the refunds though? doesn't it affect them somehow? :eek:

I'm guessing a few thousand refunds resulting from Neogaf threads and reddit and stuff probably won't really make a huge dent in the bottom line, but maybe I'm wrong and it turns out to be a lot more than that.

I wish I had the full story. I want a documentary. Can you tell me how to get summoned? I want to be inside HG office right now

I'm guessing a few thousand refunds resulting from Neogaf threads and reddit and stuff probably won't really make a huge dent in the bottom line, but maybe I'm wrong and it turns out to be a lot more than that.

I wish I had the full story. I want a documentary. Can you tell me how to get summoned? I want to be inside HG office right now

just walk up there and say you're sent by Gabe to clear things up. take a recording device

Jobbs

Banned
the real victims here are 65daysofstatic who thought they would be part of something awesome

They did a fantastic job on the soundtrack and I don't think anyone takes anything away from it. I actually have it on Spotify and have been listening to it a lot. It's so great.

Xiao Hu

So my mother completely fucked up with the choice of the apartment. It's stinky, dirty and overpriced. Thank god she hasn't paid up the rent yet so I quickly looked up a place ~250 Euros cheaper than the shithole. The town is nice looking and would actually be enjoyable for me if I was accompanied by friends rather then my mother and her stupid friend.

A huge group of teenagers are checking in at the place we now stay. They look southern but I don't understand their language. Sounds a little bit like Hebrew.

So my mother completely fucked up with the choice of the apartment. It's stinky, dirty and overpriced. Thank god she hasn't paid up the rent yet so I quickly looked up a place ~250 Euros cheaper than the shithole. The town is nice looking and would actually be enjoyable for me if I was accompanied by friends rather then my mother and her stupid friend.

A huge group of teenagers are checking in at the place we now stay. They look southern but I don't understand their language. Sounds a little bit like Hebrew.

you owe me some gross hook up stories!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom