• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake Picture GAF v9 — No Man's Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misha

Banned
Had the same feeling watching TNG a couple days ago as well.

Or even old Simpsons, which were supposed to be jokes/parody. :(

The Bajorans being religious and xenophobic reminds me of a lot of people in the US, though theyre significantly more justified in their xenophobia

Also the tng episode "The Outcast" mirrors a lot of current views on gender (tho unigender instead of bigender). Uncomfortably so

Platformers are my favorite but they always fuck up my thumb underneath the knuckle, where I hit X to jump.

leZpGd5.png

What is TNG and DS9?

The Next Google and Deep Search 9. Both are methods of finding answers by asking the magic algorithms questions to poll large databases :p

I'm kidding. Conversing is great :)

Star Trek The Next Generation and Star Trek Deep Space Nine
Ah. I never watched a single episode of Star Trek. Love the movies, though.

The Next Google and Deep Search 9. Both are methods of finding answers by asking the magic algorithms questions to poll large databases :p

I'm kidding. Conversing is great :)
Heh. You gotta come correct, Lil! I fully expected a lmgtfy link. You let me off easy. :p

And yeah, I know I could've just googled, but I like chatting with you folks.

Ah. I never watched a single episode of Star Trek. Love the movies, though.

Heh. You gotta come correct, Lil! I fully expected a lmgtfy link. You let me off easy. :p

And yeah, I know I could've just googled, but I like chatting with you folks.

Nah, lmgtfy is too abrasive. :p

I've never watched any of the Star Treks except for the first two Abrams ones, but a lot of people on GAF talk about them a bunch so I've picked up the lingo. It can definitely be a challenge at times!

Heyo!

How was/is everyone's weekends so far?

Just spent 4 days at the girlfriends place and now that I'm home....I'm actually finding it less homely than being at hers.

Which has kinda brought up more talks about moving in together soo....we'll see what happens there.

....now all we need to add to her place is internet because holy shit, fuck those USB Modems.

...also going to finally stream that AM2R goodness today. Finally.

DS9 is soooooo gooooood

Preach.

I thought Next Generation was the shit for years until the day Gul Dukat walked into my life, full time.

Nah, lmgtfy is too abrasive. :p

I've never watched any of the Star Treks except for the first two Abrams ones, but a lot of people on GAF talk about them a bunch so I've picked up the lingo. It can definitely be a challenge at times!
I've never cared for anything but the movies, so I rarely read posts/threads relating to Star Trek.

The shows are more or less like beyond but slower and smarter
Haven't seen Beyond yet, but I'm sure I'll enjoy it since I really like the first two films. If they're on Netflix, I'll give 'em a try.

Kirk was only in it for the blue chicks.

Just like Shepherd.
Asari all day, erry day.

haha. That's not canon. This is.

syreen-laying.gif

Plus the Spathi (that creature he's kissing) doesn't even know how to pronounce Hunam right.

I've never cared for anything but the movies, so I rarely read posts/threads relating to Star Trek.

Oh, I don't either. It just finds its way into lots of topics anyhow.

Heyo!

Is/was good. Moderately productive, moderately entertaining. Pretty bog standard actually, but enjoyable nonetheless.

How soon are you jumping on stream? I'm not sure how much longer I'll be up.

Clydefrog

flashback: video rental stores.

I remember my parents would always be like "pick one out from the recent release section" because the New Releases cost like a dollar extra. Man... I never got to see new releases.

I was just talking to my brother and he remembers checking out Army of Darkness. lol, what a find

Our local place also had a video game section. I rented the Genesis game Road Rash countless amounts. Why didn't we just buy it?...

FUME5

Welp. As far as meme's go, age is just a number. Just like the amount of nipples on an orange alien.

tumblr_obhz75NG9R1vnd7blo1_400.png

Hah!

Knowing how long it takes to load, I started Deus Ex up while I worked out, almost dropped the weights on my chest when the AMD or whatever music kicked in 15 minutes later cause I'd forgotten about it.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Hah!

Knowing how long it takes to load, I started Deus Ex up while I worked out, almost dropped the weights on my chest when the AMD or whatever music kicked in 15 minutes later cause I'd forgotten about it.

I'm familiar to that struggle.

Back in the day (I'm talking Pentium 200 MMX/first gen Athlon times) I would leave OG Deus Ex or Vampire loading in the background while making myself a sandwich and usually eating it.

Then, four years ago I bought my first SSD and loading screens became so damn fast I couldn't even read the tips and instructions shown there. Like, wtf.

at least he washed his hands
I only see one hand.

FUME5

I'm familiar to that struggle.

Back in the day (I'm talking Pentium 200 MMX/first gen Athlon times) I would leave OG Deus Ex or Vampire loading in the background while making myself a sandwich and usually eating it.

Then, four years ago I bought my first SSD and loading screens became so damn fast I couldn't even read the tips and instructions shown there. Like, wtf.

I only see one hand.

There is absolutely no reason to be this slow on my rig.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Maybe he's really hungry and reaching for her taco box.

Incidentally two of my most despised words for female genitalia, right along "gash".

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Heyo!

Friday after knocking off work, one of the busiest weeks I've ever had, I caught a life with my sister back to my parents place (country Australia) to see them, as it was my Dad's birthday Thursday gone and I hadn't seen either of them in a couple of months. I mulled around their house and with them, played with goofy animals, and then Saturday night caught up with two of my closest friends who still live in the area.

We went out to a local Thai place, which is legitimately some of the best Thai I've ever eaten. It's amusing for a relatively small country Australia town; the restaurant was established by exceptionally talented chefs, most of which take two months off each year to return to Thailand, visit their families, and brush up on their recipes. Those who've travelled to Thailand cite the food as the closest they've tasted to the real thing. The place doesn't even have a phone, so you can't book or order takeaway without visiting directly. It's right in the centre of town, quite large, and exceedingly busy. Incredible food.

We went out for a country pub drink afterwards, and despite my initial plan to head back to my folks, my good friend lured me back to his place to hang out with him and his fiance. They had a bounty of a locally sourced Shiraz gifted for their engagement party, and neither of them drink reds. A bottle and a half to myself later, on top of numerous beers, and I was a total mess, enveloped in painful drunken D&Ms and whimsical boozy philosophy.

Sunday I felt like shit and wanted to throw up during the ~two hour train ride back to my apartment. Today I still feel like shit, but thankfully work was very quiet. Nevertheless, I just want to crawl into a hole and die. Fuck alcohol.

FUME5

Hey Clyde, by the way, next time you go to the beach here's a fun fact. This is what a single drop of seawater can look like under a microscope! :D

In Mass Effect 8: Return to the Final Frontier, we'll be banging something that looks like the one bottom right.

In VR.

Probably wearing some kind of reactive wetsuit as well.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Hey Clyde, by the way, next time you go to the beach here's a fun fact. This is what a single drop of seawater can look like under a microscope! :D
Looks like bad graffiti on a dirty bathroom wall, plus bugs. Gross.

Xiao Hu

It's temptress, thank you very much. A tempest is a storm.

I see. Not only entitled but also furious like a tempest.

I bet she didn't even come close, Xiao is just faceblind.

Just because you're the epitome of sexy nerd-chick

I saw a bird today that looked like trab

It said hi

Was it an unusually fat seagull. I think I saw her too :p

Yep. Not a compliment: "you look like someone I used to date!"

When did we date? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
bottom left cholo shrimp is like "solvanderlyn was here"

You Know Nothing shrimp above him with the lipstick

ZInEm21.png
Bottom left even looks like he's holding a little pen, LOL

I see. Not only entitled but also furious like a tempest.

When did we date? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I was conflating your wholly unrelatable story of faceblindedness (pics or it didn't happen) with my incredibly relatable story of unflattering flirtation. Stop twisting my words! :p

Looks like bad graffiti on a dirty bathroom wall, plus bugs. Gross.

Tastes about as bad. Brine is disgusting.

oh i'm so scared of the little microscopic shrimpies

oh no!

*drinks sea water*

Good thing you're not a vegan.

deactivated my FB account because I don't give a fuck about FB anymore.

In fact, I haven't given a good flying fuck about FB in a long ass time.

God, I genuinely loathe most of the people I went to school with (with the exception of 2 girls I went to HS with.)

I genuinely loathe that apparently FB has become "How fucking nuts are you?" test for everyone in the world and apparently most people in my town have passed that test with flying colours.

I seethe with genuine hatred of my hometown because of FB. With all the shit I see posted on my facebook (even with all the assholes removed.) feed and I'am the one who is considered mentally ill, good god fuck FB 4ever

Glad I got Twitter to shitpost in lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom