• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake Picture GAF v9 — No Man's Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jobbs

Banned
Morning, fakers.

I'm having a buttery croissant with PB and strawberry preserve for breakfast. I have become what I hate.

I did the usual hyper masculine bro crap. Did my gf's nails, talked about feelings, and then drifted in and out of consciousness to StarTalk

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Finally watched that Rogue One trailer. Good stuff. Good stuff. It didn't get me as amped as TFA's with the bomb chase right at the end, but all things considered, that movie nearly soured me enough to forget everything about it. There's playing it safe, and there's straight cashing on the goodwill of the fans. I appreciate the darker tone of Rogue One and how damn pretty it looks.

With that said and at the risk of coming off as a base person, I'm totally smitten by Felicity Jones. Be still my beating heart.

wMFOCGf.gif

sMCbbFm.gif

*laboured breathing*

We snuggled and watched Jurassic world and Hannibal. Miss him already. Yeesh.

I can't comment on JW (that one is still on my backlog), but any guy who watches Hannibal with his girlfriend is a keeper, on top of a good person.

YOU KEEP THAT MAN HAPPY AND SATED.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I'll definitely try NMS... when I can get it for $20 or less.

Yup probably this.

I so wanted to love all about this, but fuuuck at all the after-launch stuff that shows up. I feel bad for having to agree on Sean seemingly lying and avoiding questions a lot, and that makes me even more sad lol.

Just a huge mess.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
That actually does sound like a pretty cool night.
It was our afternoon. He kept me company while I whinged about my sore head. But he had to leave coz he had plans tonight :(

Either gonna see him tomorrow or Sunday night for a beer, pizza and tv session 😍

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Naw dags.

Just as I predicted, TFA was your average JJ romp: inoffensive and very pretty to look at, but ultimately hollow and forgetable.

I remember more set pieces and lines from Eps I, II and III than I do from TFA, which is to say something.

jb1234

Naw dags.

Just as I predicted, TFA was your average JJ romp: inoffensive and very pretty to look at, but ultimately hollow and forgetable.

I remember more set pieces and lines from Eps I, II and III than I do from TFA, which is to say something.

I mostly remember the bad lines. TFA's script plays it safe but there aren't any howlers in it like “Love won’t save you, Padme. Only my new powers can do that.” or “I’m haunted by the kiss that you should never have given me.”

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Felicity Jones is insanely gorgeous and the fact she seemly plays a bad arse, down and dirty Rebel just makes her all the more attractive.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I mostly remember the bad lines. TFA's script plays it safe but there aren't any howlers in it like “Love won’t save you, Padme. Only my new powers can do that.” or “I’m haunted by the kiss that you should never have given me.”

And now I'm back to hating everything about the prequel trilogy. So many gross lines and scenes.

Felicity Jones is insanely gorgeous and the fact she seemly plays a bad arse, down and dirty Rebel just makes her all the more attractive.
It's the huge eyes and the huge smile for me. She makes me feel funny around my knees.

If EP7 was terrible or even close to as bad as the prequels it would have been devastating for the SW brand. The stakes were insanely high. That's why Disney basically just remade ANH and played it as safe as possible

were they? Were the stakes ever actually high in any way?

Point here is that the prequels all made a fuckton of money on less than half of TFA's budget (245 mill versus 115 mill for ep 2 and 3), where the multiplier of budget to gross is basically 10x for ep 1, 6x for ep 2, 8x for 3, and 8x for TFA.

Technically speaking, and with massive changes in marketing budgets since then, TFA did not break the bank more than the prequels did, with ep 2 being the one that did 'poorly' when every other movie would be jealous of that multiplier.

There is certainly the narrative among SW fans that 'there were stakes', but looking at reply videos on youtube and the relative age of the people in it, which are people so young they literally weren't even born when Ep 1 started production, I don't think those stakes ever existed. It was just going to make a fuckton of money.
And TFA, being designed entirely around one shot at the end, doesn't really work that well as a movie to say that 'it earned it'. In the minds of fans who had that narrative, sure, but to others not so much.

jb1234

were they? Were the stakes ever actually high in any way?

Point here is that the prequels all made a fuckton of money on less than half of TFA's budget (245 mill versus 115 mill for ep 2 and 3), where the multiplier of budget to gross is basically 10x for ep 1, 6x for ep 2, 8x for 3, and 8x for TFA.

This is really startling to me. TFA looks like an expensive movie but it doesn't look *that* much more expensive than any of the prequels. Where did all that money go?

Jobbs

Banned
Which means she's probably really tiny.

Fake edit: I just checked and she's 159. This one is not getting mistaken by a Stormtrooper.

Or just has eye features that cause more of the eye to be showing than average or something

shape/orientation of cheekbones also affects apparent eye size

a lot of very tiny nuances go into how we perceive a human face

makeup can also make eyes appear larger

Blargonaut said:
I still stand by my deepest fanfic desire of the First Order being the Imperial equivalent of a rogue nuclear submarine group of economical ship-loving planet-haters, rather than the tired historical reenactment enthusiasts that they apparently are

This is really startling to me. TFA looks like an expensive movie but it doesn't look *that* much more expensive than any of the prequels. Where did all that money go?

Ironically I just watched a video on the design of SW sets. They did a looooot of design stuff with TFA, and somewhat unexpectedly may have done more CGI in it than the prequels did. A lot of prequel sets are miniatures.

Video here, also some stuff on converting ANH models into CG models for Rogue One.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
yeah ratios... I know what you mean

my gf is 5'3" so about hte same height I think :eek:

I thought she'd be shorter going by your remarks! Then again, you seem to have some giant's blood, so...

My girlfriend is tall-ish for the national average (5'8 or so). Which was a real advantage when she was competing in karate and playing bball, but she has some strange insecurities about being "too big to be hot". Which is a load of garbage, but still.

Jobbs

Banned
I thought she'd be shorter going by your remarks! Then again, you seem to have some giant's blood, so...

My girlfriend is tall-ish for the national average. Which was a real advantage when she was competing in karate and playing bball, but she has some strange insecurities about being "too big to be hot". Which is a load of garbage, but still.

I'm 6'2" / 189cm

I don't really obsess over the height of women but I do think short is cute

and before that we talked about boys hehehe
bff <3

teeheee

I'm such a cliche

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
What's on for the weekend, assholes?

Clydefrog

not meeting CNG but stocking up on indian food and watching Gossip Girl and 80/90s action movies :3

I finally bought a peeler. Cucumber peeling should be an Olympic sport with this thing.

I'd get aluminum medal

edit: i've been trimming cucumbers with scummy knives for far too long

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom