• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake Picture GAF v9 — No Man's Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jobbs

Banned
I sent a picture of a turtle to my girlfriend and no response. So I tried a squirrel and no response. So I sent an emu and got a response!

She's on her way home now.

I guess the take away is that emu is money as fuck.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
3xz2BWZb0tfQWOw9eo.gif

FUME5

I sent a picture of a turtle to my girlfriend and no response. So I tried a squirrel and no response. So I sent an emu and got a response!

She's on her way home now.

I guess the take away is that emu is money as fuck.

Nah, emu's are stupid and mean.

Take it from someone who's old man was involved in an emu farm for a year or two in the early 90s.

Clydefrog

What do you think between Wolfenstein and that? I finished Wolfenstein about a week ago and it's hard to pick. The pacing of Wolfenstein is great but DOOM is so fucking raw.

Wolfenstein was actually a great story; it felt like a more polished RAGE.

But DOOM is on a whole new level of FPS. It's like the perfect FPS.

jb1234

I would have liked DOOM more if it was about five hours shorter. It pretty much blew its wad a little past the halfway point and didn't have any recourse but to toss you into endless arenas with the same old enemies, weapons and layouts up to the very end.

Clydefrog

I would have liked DOOM more if it was about five hours shorter. It pretty much blew its wad a little past the halfway point and didn't have any recourse but to toss you into endless arenas with the same old enemies, weapons and layouts up to the very end.

The length was fine with me. I thoroughly enjoyed the tougher and tougher fights even if it was with the same old shitdemons. The level design stayed awesome throughout the game though.

AND THE MUSIC

AcridMeat

Banned
Yeah I had a lot of fun with Wolfenstein's story and where it takes you. It reminded me a lot of old James Bond films, but with a bigger crew that was enjoyable.

I liked the length of DOOM quite a bit. By the time I got to a point where I was thinking to myself "hey this feels pretty near the end" it was over. 8 hours was perfect. I didn't really hunt around levels though.

jb1234

Yeah I had a lot of fun with Wolfenstein's story and where it takes you. It reminded me a lot of old James Bond films, but with a bigger crew that was enjoyable.

I liked the length of DOOM quite a bit. By the time I got to a point where I was thinking to myself "hey this feels pretty near the end" it was over. 8 hours was perfect. I didn't really hunt around levels though.

... how did you finish it in eight hours? It took me 14.

Clydefrog

I maxed my health and ammo ASAP and didn't die a lot as a result. I was only on the default difficulty, I was kind of surprised at how quickly I finished it too.

I started out on Ultra-Violence (Hard) and got my asss handed to me. I switched to Hurt-Me-Plenty (Normal) and shit got easy once I leveled-up my weapons and shit. Switched back to hard towards the end.

the end boss reminded me of something from TMNT :)

jb1234

I started out on Ultra-Violence (Hard) and got my asss handed to me. I switched to Hurt-Me-Plenty (Normal) and shit got easy once I leveled-up my weapons and shit. Switched back to hard towards the end.

Similar thing for me except I stayed on Normal and still got my ass kicked. ;)

Clydefrog

Listening to this now. I keep nodding in agreement.

you can only do so much with a first person shooter. DOOM encourages you to switch strategies on a dime, based on the enemies the game spawns.. and you can actually do it. and when you do: OMG

leave the quad damage for later and then use a siege cannon

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I hate you all.

I really want to play Doom, almost to a physical urge, but I don't have the computer and I'll be dammed if I beat it with a joypad.

Clydefrog

I hate you all.

I really want to play Doom, almost to a physical urge, but I don't have the computer and I'll be dammed if I beat it with a joypad.

I wouldn't have even bought the game if I wasn't positive that I could play it at 100% max graphics settings. Big ass monitor @ 144 Hz with surround-induced headphones.. my god. It's an experience.

Don't do it unless you can do it right.

Clydefrog

I slept in a castle in New Zealand when I was 2.

If I ever go back to Europe, I'd like to sleep in castles again if possible. Do they accommodate?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
DOOM is legit. It's so no nonsense and utterly self indulgent in getting the simple act of shooting shit just right. It sounds, looks, and feels great, encouraging mobility and accuracy to give it that growing skill ceiling draw. The soundtrack is crunchy as fuck and brilliantly mixed into the ebb and flow of combat set pieces (different encounter sequences trigger audio cues), and the glory kills integrate surprisingly well into the encounter design and balance.

Wolfenstein: The New Order is the closest thing to a Half-Life 3 style game since Episode 2. It's a magnificent set piece, narrative driven shooter with satisfying core game systems and great encounter setups. Most of all the character writing and performances are far, far better than they have any right to be. There's an absolutely genius balance of pulp and sombre, violent absurdity and authentic emotional depth, that really elevates the whole thing. And the soundtrack also rocks.

In short: Mick Gordon is god.

Chuckie

I slept in a castle in New Zealand when I was 2.

If I ever go back to Europe, I'd like to sleep in castles again if possible. Do they accommodate?

Some do. In the Netherlands we have this one which is a hotel:

hotel-kasteel-geulzicht.jpg

But it is a modern castle (built in the end of the 19th century) so you might not consider it genuine enough. We do have some older castles in the Netherlands but while you can visit them, you can't stay the night.

Edit: I found another one, actually built in 1340 (well started, the renovated later as is pretty common with castles)

Erenstein3.jpg

There's like a youth hostel in Scotland that is a castle. It had a passage under the stairs that led to the games room which had a PS1 and a few games. I was 9 at the time so this was pretty fucking baller.

Clydefrog

Some do. In the Netherlands we have this one which is a hotel:

hotel-kasteel-geulzicht.jpg

But it is a modern castle (built in the end of the 19th century) so you might not consider it genuine enough. We do have some older castles in the Netherlands but while you can visit them, you can't stay the night.

Edit: I found another one, actually built in 1340 (well started, the renovated later as is pretty common with castles)

Erenstein3.jpg

k, i'll take the dungeon for 2 nights on the first castle. how many deutsche markies do you want?

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
I wouldn't have even bought the game if I wasn't positive that I could play it at 100% max graphics settings. Big ass monitor @ 144 Hz with surround-induced headphones.. my god. It's an experience.

Don't do it unless you can do it right.

I bought a bigger tv and soundbar for this very reason. It was an orgasmic experience.

Fluvian

Banned
Waa!? this jughead comic just got interesting, Jughead is apparently asexual, that makes a lot of sense now that I think about it, in one issue he goes way into the future and a distant female descendant of Archie tries to kiss him and he's like "nah".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom