• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake Picture GAF v9 — No Man's Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jobbs

Banned
c58619353ab08fecce9be9b4563c4950.jpg

I ate nothing but spinach and ricotta cheese pastizzis for a week and a half.

This is sort of triggering my tryptophobia

I eat a lot of raw spinach every day, sometimes just straight from a bowl if I'm lazy. Need that iron and roughage

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
You (and everyone) needs to see Blood Father, which was totally amazing. A 90s throwback but also fresh and exciting and, most importantly, with an effective emotional core. It treats its characters, especially Mel Gibson, empathetically, and if anyone gets through the movie and manages to not soften to Mel at least a little (given his RL past) then I wonder if your heart is stone

His star power is undeniable. He's absolutely electric. I don't use that word a lot but it's true here. He has more energy and command of the screen in his old age than any of the other aging action dudes. He hasn't lost anything.
I really want to watch that, plus Hacksaw Ridge. It looks like HR brings the kind of savagery capable of making Saving Private Ryan a PG13 affair. Alas, I'm eternally conflicted by Mel Gibson. He's a terrific director and brings some unique intensity and presence as an actor, but it's hard for me to ignore that we are talking about a huge racist and a bit of a religious nut. At the same time, he was morbidly alcoholic at the time and even his estranged wife came to defend him. Being a huge proponent of rehabilitation and seeing how he has seemingly turned his life around, half of my brain is telling me to give him a chance while the other hemisphere is telling him to fuck off.

Olives are the worst thing tho. Anytime I dont notice it on the rice and touches my tongue is automatic
jJ6TqoG.gif
Good thing you are not straight. Your girlfriends would be so disappointed in you.

Jobbs

Banned
Morning.
I'm deadass gaffing from the couch with my girlfriend having a nap, head resting on my groin. I want to pee and I want to fart, alas...

I had to pee while buried under my girlfriend in the couch a while ago and posted about it as gaf man.. Stop stealing my stuff

BF2cGpO.png

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
That just looks so uncomfortable. Good for them, but like, my face next to some dude's sweaty balls is not where I wanna lay.

jrpgs fucking suck

total snoozefests by design

So you're saying Dark Souls sucks? Because it's a JRPG.

I find that JRPGs tend to suck whenever they try to do action based combat instead of turn based. The Souls games being the sole exception when it comes to real time combat. FFXV for example looks about as enjoyable to me as a bleach enema.

FloatOn

So you're saying Dark Souls sucks? Because it's a JRPG.

I find that JRPGs tend to suck whenever they try to do action based combat instead of turn based. The Souls games being the sole exception when it comes to real time combat.

Semantics.

When I say "jrpg" I mean menu driven weird anime save the world nonsense.

That shit stopped being cool after final fantasy 9

Xiao Hu

Semantics.

When I say "jrpg" I mean menu driven weird anime save the world nonsense.

That shit stopped being cool after final fantasy 9

With the exception of Persona I would say yes. Everything else can go suck an androgynous j-pop boyband cock.

Jobbs

Banned
My family would love you

at least someone's family would :D

There is just something so inexplicably charming about everything in DQVIII that I don't think it's possible to hate it. The overall plot is as trite as it gets but it's lifted up thanks to the style and the sense of discovery you get by exploring the world and experiencing all the great little side stories.

DQXI's gonna be lit, fam.

Day one on PS4.

it's one of my most anticipated games

Dragon Quest is one of my favorite series of all time, and DQ8 is one of my favorite games

There is just something so inexplicably charming about everything in DQVIII that I don't think it's possible to hate it. The overall plot is as trite as it gets but it's lifted up thanks to the style and the sense of discovery you get by exploring the world and experiencing all the great little side stories.

DQXI's gonna be lit, fam.

Day one on PS4.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I rather play JRPGs than most Western RPGs. Bethesda games are atrocious, Fable got worse with each iteration. Mass Effect stripped RPG elements by sequels making it more shooty bang bang with conversations in between. Dragon Age got worse and less tactical by sequels but at least the last game wasnt as bad as 2 I suppose. The Witcher is the only Western RPG I can tolerate that I can remember.

FloatOn

Dragon Quest VIII would like a word with you!

And FFIX sucks ass anyway. One of the worst entries in the series.

I love DQ8 as well

Other games in that style I like:

Phantasy Star 4
Costume Quest
Earthbound
Grandia 2
Breath of Fire 3
Final Fantasy series before 10

But yeah past a certain point the majority of jrpg are a dumpster fire

Vazra

Baten Kaitos was legit even if they recorded the voices in a bathroom on the first game.
EDIT: Was forgetting to mention Skies of Arcadia. Aged pretty well actually

Vazra

Triggered remembering the tin can audio in FFXII on PS2.

I'd almost want the remaster just for uncompressed audio. (But XII was and still is trash.)
Thinking of it that was Xenoblade before Xenoblade which I find to not be all that as gaf used to say it was. Then again considering the lack of decent RPGs on Wii I can see why they thought it was great when there was barely any standards.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
mystic quest mystic quest mystic quest mystic quest mystic quest

Honorary mention goes to the Xanadu series. Most other classic JRPGs bore me to tears.

Chrono Triggered needs to be mentioned too.

Thinking of it that was Xenoblade before Xenoblade which I find to not be all that as gaf used to say it was. Then again considering the lack of decent RPGs on Wii I can see why they thought it was great when there was barely any standards.

FFXII deadass felt like an offline MMO. Maybe the job system being added will make it better so that every character can't be a carbon copy but they'd seriously have to change the fundamental combat and world design to get me to enjoy it at all.

Oh yeah! Skies of Arcadia is dope

I just have a strong distaste for anime tropes these days

It doesn't help that so many modern JRPGs also pander to the 1000 year old dragon in a 10 year old girl's body crowd in some form or another.

Fluvian

Banned

I put thirty hours into X because I wanted one of those god damn mechs, I put all that work in and guess what happens when I get it? It can't fly yet and it has no attacks, fuck that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom