• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake Picture GAF v9 — No Man's Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

AcridMeat

Banned
Don't get me wrong, I piss on the Uncharted franchise for sport. TLoU is a most glorious fluke as far as I'm concerned.
I actually bought a PS3 in anticipation for The Last of Us, and a couple others.

I never ended up playing it because the gameplay loop did not look satisfying to me (the problem I have with pretty much every ND game). I watched the first level to get a sense of the story, and it did seem like a decent movie.

I may have to watch through that youtube cut.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
It's a largely story driven game. Gameplay is surprisingly solid, but quite simple, and it's not nearly as satisfying as it is after a few hours. Compared to Uncharted it's shooting nirvana, specially later on. Even simple actions such as platforming feel much more coherent.

FF X-2 >>> X

I'm the one that reigns, I'm the one they call the queen

3fdaf57384.gif

FloatOn

Final fantasy 7 was the worst thing to happen to the franchise. It almost brought itself back to life with 9 but after 9 final fantasy went full anime. You never go full anime.

Jobbs

Banned
My nieces lured me into a huge dubstep drop trap a bit ago. "Uncle Matt! Come in here, we need to show you something... What's that sound? Do you hear that? Listen carefully...." then RIP

FUME5

I had the most chilling dream experience last night. I was asleep, and I sorta felt as though I was awake, and I could feel my gf draped over my back saying something into my ear. She seemed to be asking for help or something. It felt completely real like she was right there on top of me.

So I was like "time to get up, then" and I couldn't, so I strained and strained until I actually did wake up. It was 2am and she wasn't there at all.

It's not rational, because at that point I should have realized it was all a dream, but I got up and looked for her. I found her on the front porch and she was fine.

Not rational, maybe even a little superstitious (because the dream her was so vivid, I wondered if real her was in trouble, I guess?). Whatever.

This stuff ever happen to anyone else?

I'd managed to not fully close my front door when I got back to work on Thursday.

At around 3 am I 'woke up' because I heard someone knock on my front door. I immediately went to get up, grab my pal metal bar and see what was going on....except I couldn't move because I wasn't actually awake. A few seconds (or an eternity) later I actually woke up and could move, but fuck me is it scary when you're in that sleep paralysis zone.

Anyway, Monday morning and back at work, 'sup.

My nieces are obsessed with Homestuck. It's terrible.

That is terrible.

Jobbs

Banned
I don't know if it's sleep paralyses or not.. But it's when I feel like I'm awake and I hear things but I can't move... That said, I'm not sure those things I hear are real or that I'm really conscious at all.

My nieces are both big into Animal Jam. I helped them draw some kind of in-game picture that's used for something or other.

Anyway I have to take them back home already in a bit. :(

FUME5

I don't know if it's sleep paralyses or not.. But it's when I feel like I'm awake and I hear things but I can't move... That said, I'm not sure those things I hear are real or that I'm really conscious at all.

I'm pretty sure that's what sleep paralysis is.

I'm also pretty sure Don't Starve Together is out next week.

Earthbound is pretty great apart from various obscure requirements.

Even Mother 1 is surprisingly good if you know you're getting into some punishment, but TALKING TO PARTICULAR NPCS shouldn't give you THE COLD which IIRC is like poison. That goes too far.

Does anyone use Hobonichi planners, made by Shigesato Itoi's company (he created the Mother/Earthbound games)? Satoru Iwata used to work for him at this company even when he was president of Nintendo.

Among the many covers you can get for the planners, they have Earthbound ones. One they had a previous year:
tumblr_nam3aiZaxf1qzp9weo1_500.jpg

jb1234

Earthbound is boring, Mother 3 is a masterpiece. And I'm not sure why I feel this way because the games aren't that different in their mechanics, really.

(It's probably the story.)

jb1234

Yeah, as a hard bitten 38 year old male, keeping a diary isn't (and has never been) something I do.

As a teenager, my sister kept a diary. This isn't abnormal, of course but she found a way to cover it with needles so I couldn't read it.

FUME5

He's pretty dreamy. That said, my sis has five years on him so he would have been sixteen when she was dating this dude.

Oooh, a 'private tutor' setup.

The oldest I've gone is 8 years above - she was the 26 year old PR girl for a nightclub.

Hot, and also fucking crazy. Broke up with her pretty quickly (not before winning an MC battle at said club and having a dude run up on stage and claim the only reason I won was because I was banging the PR but I digress) and she ended up with our DJ about a year later.

Beat his punk ass up a few times.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I have a Prax avatar too, from two years ago. It's not me being a badass, though, it's me holding a case of corn dogs. Sigh.

PMJq2eX.jpg

Also, Sharingan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom