• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake Picture GAF v9 — No Man's Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
why does all the delicious stuff have so many carbs
mv0TQEgQgVWDc1y9SbDLwAVbvy8.png

Edit: Also, thanks everyone who complimented my haircut, that was rude of me to supercede politeness for pizza

why would you even let other people rate you?

morbid curiosity?

the thing about rating is that humans by default are attractive. That's how we're programmed. But it's easy to lose sight of that and still feel like a 5 is sub par or not good when actually that's the same place most people are in, and it's a fine place. So people are getting their feelings hurt for no good reason. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

why does all the delicious stuff have so many carbs

food scarcity for most of our evolutionary path

If someone hot rates me high i'll flirt ;)

oh I see, so that's the angle here!

morbid curiosity?

the thing about rating is that humans by default are attractive. That's how we're programmed. But it's easy to lose sight of that and steel feel like a 5 is sub par or not good when actually that's the same place most people are in, and it's a fine place. So people are getting their feelings hurt for no good reason. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

you see...I don't think something like a "5" actually exists. it's a purely subjective and thus inherently flawed concept to begin with imo. I just don't get it

jb1234

the thing about rating is that humans by default are attractive. That's how we're programmed. But it's easy to lose sight of that and steel feel like a 5 is sub par or not good when actually that's the same place most people are in, and it's a fine place. So people are getting their feelings hurt for no good reason. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

A 3-4 from some random dude would have crushed me a couple of years ago. Now, I just don't give a fuck. Why should I care? I've seen plenty of evidence that other people consider me attractive.

Jobbs

Banned
Male men rate eachother and mostly are too generous but occasionally are mean causing someone to secretly be crushed: The Thread

I haven't really read it but I'm assuming that's what's going on again

jb1234

Male men rate eachother and mostly are too generous but occasionally are mean causing someone to secretly be crushed: The Thread

Haha. Actually, this particular dude is rating everyone low and he's the one doing most of the ratnigs in the thread. So everyone is getting secretly crushed. :p

A 3-4 from some random dude would have crushed me a couple of years ago. Now, I just don't give a fuck. Why should I care? I've seen plenty of evidence that other people consider me attractive.
I just thought "lol ok but I got boned last night also this morning so whatever"

Also I got to post my gif haha

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
4/10
jk. Maybe or maybe not? Dun dun duuuun
:p

That thread is like salt: the thread

I rate everyone ten salts

62fx62f
62fx62f
62fx62f
62fx62f
62fx62f
62fx62f
62fx62f
62fx62f
62fx62f
62fx62f

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

You are a 4/10. A 6/10 if gay and 8-9/10 if interested in me.

Im terrible today
and always

Fluvian

Banned
Just wrote the first chapter of my book, I honestly haven't felt this good in ages, I've wanted to do this for ages and I'm finally actually doing it. Of course said chapter is shit, but I will attempt to polish it.

Assign an arbitrary figure based on your personal beauty standards

"normal" out of "what people tend to look like"

you see...I don't think something like a "5" actually exists. it's a purely subjective and thus inherently flawed concept to begin with imo. I just don't get it

yeah, looks have many dimensions to them, so you can't really put it on a linear scale.

like that guy in that thread is rating people poorly just because they're short? it doesn't make sense, but I guess he cares a lot about that or thinks people care.

FloatOn

If I actually gave a damn about what anonymous strangers on the Internet thought about my looks I might be inclined to participate but since I don't ¯_(ツ)_/¯

and besides only deeply insecure people look for the validations of others

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
If I actually gave a damn about what anonymous strangers on the Internet thought about my looks I might be inclined to participate but since I don't ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Or you can be bored and play along because you know you are an 11/10 GOTY COTY BOTY

Yeah but am I boneable?

Technically yes because you're either a human or a sterile phallus-shaped object. Strictly speaking no because I'm already in a committed relationship and super happy with her. The fuzzy bit in between, where the answer you're looking for lies, it's far too ill-defined for me to give a real answer.

It's not that simple. Even posting here and looking for someone to reply to you is validation. I'm validating that you said something worthy of conversation.

Where you draw the line on what validation is healthy or not is different of course, but the base level human interaction requires validation.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
dangit now i kinda wanna post just to drown in self pity

i blame vazra

jb1234

More or less. I won't lie, validation and affirmation is nice but one should never depend on it from anyone other than yourself.

That would be ideal, for sure but no one is that perfect. We're all getting validation from people in our life, even if we're not conscious of it.

(I do agree it's a problem if people are going around trying to get others to make them feel better about themselves but god, who hasn't been there at some point or another?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom