• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake Picture GAF v9 — No Man's Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
minion-funko-pop-vinyl-toys.jpg

Say it with me, Marlon...

Instead of 18 quadrillion planets with nothing to do they shoulda come up with like 18 planets with stuff to do...
This is where Spelunky and the upcoming Chasm have the right idea. Make a handful of different biomes/stages and go crazy with those. If you mix all of the paints, and say everything can be anything, then it's going to be a homogenous sludge a lot of the time.

In a way, it reminds me of the problem with some games that do dynamic time of day where at some times everything is super boring and flat to look at. This is something I have to actively be aware of with my current project, and it's difficult.

It doesn't help that I can actually afford a cheap yacht with the inheritence I got from my grandmother
Oh but I bet it makes a killer Tinder pitch. Come hang out with me on my private yacht!

I'm kind of the same way. I get a pretty large dispersal from my trust fund next year when I turn twenty-five and it'll be tempting to go out and pick up expensive stuff just for the sake of it.

Fluvian

Banned
I need a barber to live here

Buying expensive things I don't need is my favorite past time

I'm so glad I've gotten over my addiction to buying shit before I actually started making any real money. If somebody actually floated me loads of money out of nowhere I probably wouldn't touch it past going out for a nice lunch or something, where as before I would have looked for ways to piss it away.

FloatOn

More I play NMS,more I scratch my head why in the name of the teufel did authors think with this crazy stupid scale would be a good idea. This game could be fantastic with much smaller scale (10-30 solar systems) and some other features (better economy model and trading ala X3 Reunion, base construction, online gameplay...).

Too bad that Deep Silver demolished the X series...

Play starbound instead

Fluvian

Banned
Yeah it took me awhile to get through that phase and it was pretty bad. Like who the fuck needs 4 cars. I've downsized a lot the last year

Well, four cars? I was buying a few too many blu rays..... But yeah I get that, just buying shit felt good, it was an addiction like any other and I feel like I've got it under control.

Fluvian

Banned
Well I only have one now and fighting the urge for another. Yeah idk what it is about buying stuff, I'm the worst impulse buyer

I'm not an impulse buyer I'd see something I'd want and I'd think about it for days and weeks and at some point I'd just borrow the money or waste my paycheck on it. The worst example of my buying shit addiction was when I wasted most of the measly inheritance I got from my grandmother, I really regret spending that money at all since she specifically told me she wanted my to use it as a base to start saving.

Well I only have one now and fighting the urge for another. Yeah idk what it is about buying stuff, I'm the worst impulse buyer

The feeling of being in control is the main part, I think. My urge to go on a shopping spree usually happens after a bad day.

lol. I mean, you probably shouldn't, but it would be fun. Worst case you can always sell it if you don't want/need it any more.

Fluvian

Banned
I kinda want to break furniture with Lydia Valentín.

xBaJ5UR.gif

You can't probably see it, but those are Hello Kitty compression socks.

That's shockingly affordable, tbh. I wonder about maintenance.

I don't like any muscles on girls too be honest, I like girls who maybe run but would never touch a weight, I'm just not even remotely attracted to masculinity, this is why every guy I've ever dated was a total twink.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
My biggest worry with cheap boats would be finding that they need a ton of repairs. And maybe harbour fees.

That and the fact that I swim with the grace of a clam.

I don't like any muscles on girls too be honest, I like girls who maybe run but would never touch a weight, I'm just not even remotely attracted to masculinity, this is why every guy I've ever dated was a total twink.
She's obviously an extreme example (I mean, she has better lats than most guys at my gym), but a well toned girl can be incredibly attractive. It's usually about proportion and a cute face for me. I like variety.

Fluvian

Banned
I'm watching my friend on TV this is super weird

Mooring will be crazy expensive too

I've let too many people talk me out of cool things I wanted to do, my only advice is after you learn about boats don't watch that robert redford movie where his boat sinks, it's infuriating to anyone who knows anything about boats.

Fluvian

Banned
Just do what I did and join the Navy

I considered this until i found out all the gay stuff was a joke and not real, plus I'd wanna keep up the rich family tradition of joining the army at times of peace and goofing around for the most part. My father goofed around during the cold war, and his father goofed around between the world wars, and his father before him.

I mean weight lifting doesn't necessarilly make girls look particularly muscular

E.g. Veda Scott -

XlJw1Vsl.jpg

She's a pro wrestler, which 100% will involve weight training, but she doesn't look overly muscular, just in shape

Fluvian

Banned
I mean weight lifting doesn't necessarilly make girls look particularly muscular

E.g. Veda Scott -

XlJw1Vsl.jpg

She's a pro wrestler, which 100% will involve weight training, but she doesn't look overly muscular, just in shape

Yeah I see what you mean but she's not really my type either. I like girls within a year of my age.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
it wasn't that weird to meet people who live on boats here. Knew a few of them in high school.
I always wondered about how humidity and salt affects wood, metal and electronics in the long term. Like, would I need to buy special fixtures for the bathroom? How good/terrible is the taste of tap water? What about waste disposal?

I honestly know so little about boats.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
OK THAT'S IT! CLYDE WANTS A NAP!

GIMME A PILLOW IM DOING THIS
M  A  X  I  M  U  M  S  L  E  E  P  W  A  V  E

Fluvian

Banned
I always wondered about how humidity and salt affects wood, metal and electronics in the long term. Like, would I need to buy special fixtures for the bathroom? How good/terrible is the taste of tap water? What about waste disposal?

I honestly know so little about boats.

The answer to all of those questions is you bum lots of that stuff off of people who live in houses.
I lived in a house boat over a summer once, we got bottled water, we showered at friends houses and we shat and pissed in their bathrooms too. At one point we parked the boat behind the house of a friend who lived by the canal and we had a cable leading into their house giving us electricity for a bit, then the dad got home and slowly chased us off, slowly because canal boats move slower than people walk most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom