• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake Picture GAF v9 — No Man's Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.
why is asking someone to a simple lunch or dinner so difficult

ill post both!

It's not that hard. Or it shouldn't be. If you're making it hard it's probably because you're devaluing yourself or overvaluing the other person, neither of which you should be doing in the first place. Just pretend they're the same as you and also like going to food with interesting people and it'll be fine.

Jobbs

Banned
Because you want to post a pic.

ozVNvil.png
no.

Don't care what a bunch of dudes (or anyone, honestly) think + it's a shitshow

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I woke up startled at 5am from an exceptionally vivid dream wherein I had murdered two people at a school and in a dazed panic attempted to hide both bodies and evidence.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Were you failing the course as well?

lmao

I deadass had one that involved me reading a book. Congrats on being utterly quotidian, brain.

Wouldn't be the first time I've had these kinds of dreams, and modus operandi is never the focus. There's an unspoken disconnect between why I'm there, why I did it, and how. Fixation never on the murder itself, in almost if not all cases the surrealism commencing with the subjects already dead. The dream instead explores the panic from difficulties of disposing bodies and clearing evidence that could draw ties back to me.

I'm sure there's some obvious psychological projection in there that I'm suppressing.

FUME5

Wouldn't be the first time I've had these kinds of dreams, and modus operandi is never the focus. There's an unspoken disconnect between why I'm there, why I did it, and how. Fixation never on the murder itself, in almost if not all cases the surrealism commencing with the subjects already dead. The dream instead explores the panic from difficulties of disposing bodies and clearing evidence that could draw ties back to me.

I'm sure there's some obvious psychological projection in there that I'm suppressing.

Never have murder dreams myself, the ones I do remember usually involve some element of failure on my behalf, not too hard to untangle the ultimate reason behind that.

Jobbs

Banned
When I was younger I had teeth breaking dreams a lot. My teeth would break, fall out, etc. I haven't had one like that in quite a few years though.

It's not that hard. Or it shouldn't be. If you're making it hard it's probably because you're devaluing yourself or overvaluing the other person, neither of which you should be doing in the first place. Just pretend they're the same as you and also like going to food with interesting people and it'll be fine.

definitely devaluing myself. and a crippling fear of rejection.

ill definitely do it tomorrow.

but what if they really are better than me

EatChildren

I was raised with excellent dental hygiene, only to immediately piss it all away the moment I finished high school and moved out of home to become a debaucherous shitbag. I've now had numerous fillings and three teeth (molars, of all things) extracted. Funnily enough my wisdom teeth are the best in my mouth; no cavities and came through generally painless and issue free.

Never have murder dreams myself, the ones I do remember usually involve some element of failure on my behalf, not too hard to untangle the ultimate reason behind that.

I'm sure the murder dreams are less about the murders themselves and instead the anxieties of covering up the truth, the pressure of inevitably being discovered as an imposter/liar, or perhaps making terrible mistakes I refuse to take ownership of. I don't fully understand why though, given I don't consider myself particularly deceptive or that I have any dishonest behavior.

I dunno. Maybe it means I'm gay.

FUME5

I was raised with excellent dental hygiene, only to immediately piss it all away the moment I finished high school and moved out of home to become a debaucherous shitbag. I've now had numerous fillings and three teeth (molars, of all things) extracted. Funnily enough my wisdom teeth are the best in my mouth; no cavities and came through generally painless and issue free.

I'm sure the murder dreams are less about the murders themselves and instead the anxieties of covering up the truth, the pressure of inevitably being discovered as an imposter/liar, or perhaps making terrible mistakes I refuse to take ownership of. I don't fully understand why though, given I don't consider myself particularly deceptive or that I have any dishonest behavior.

I dunno. Maybe it means I'm gay.

Yeah, I think I get this because I am a dedicated under achiever.

Jobbs

Banned
Would you want to date you? Why or why not?

I don't know if there's any dating advice that is actually of much value. Telling someone to "just get over it and do it" isn't exactly advice. People should already know these things on some level. Don't be gross. Have interests. Be interesting. Be good at something. This stuff isn't novel.

EatChildren

For dating advice the only pointer I give (beyond Jobbs' solid direction) is to refrain from fixating on what is beyond the date and instead direct attention to the moment of the date itself. I feel a lot of dating anxieties coming from fear of the beyond; rejection combined with desiring the relationship. A date is just a meeting of two people (or more if you're into that) where an attempt is made to connect and learn about each other. Nothing exists beyond it, one way or the other. The only thing you can do is try, experience, and see what if anything eventuates.

EDIT: I'm procrastinating because over half my clients this morning rescheduled, cancelled, or didn't show up. And the government level database is fucked, preventing me from making any notes or amendments to appointments anyway. The most Monday of Mondays.

FloatOn

None of you have experienced the birth, life and death of a relationship like I have.

So as an authority on such things take these words of wisdom to heart (or don't). Relationships feel really nice for a time but don't outweigh the benefits of being able to do what you want when you want. Eventually you are going to have to sacrifice some part of your life or make them sacrifice theirs. This in the end is never worth it.

None of you have experienced the birth, life and death of a relationship like I have.

So as an authority on such things take these words of wisdom to heart (or don't). Relationships feel really nice for a time but don't outweigh the benefits of being able to do what you want when you want. Eventually you are going to have to sacrifice some part of your life or make them sacrifice theirs. This in the end is never worth it.

That's only true for yours and other relationships like it. Not all partners are as stringent as yours seemed to be and many are loved more than you loved yours. Ergo, for a lot of people it's still worth it.

I know what you went through was terrible but this shitting on the concept when most people are able to make it work is just nonsense.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Dating advise: Make sure your partner is not cheating on your for an entire year while promising that he wants to marry you to then get dumped cause he is actually getting married to the guy he was cheating on you with.

FUME5

Can defeatism become dentist-ism?

.....I'm going to go with yes.

None of us are you or have made your life choices.

FloatOn

I loved really hard btw. I fought as hard as I could to make it work. I was under the illusion that my self sacrifice would actually be worth it. It wasn't.

I think I would be willing to sacrifice myself again it I knew for sure it would be worth it but since people are deeply flawed and since this would be impossible to know with any certainty....

¯_(ツ)_/¯

Ok, I think I'm done shaving

There's still some hair but that's because the second electric razor was garbo and the non-electric one was kind of blunt haha

My legs and armpits feel nice :3

I mean

My parents seem to be doing pretty alright, and they've been married for...30 years I think?

I'm getting some smokes I can't even stand this stress anymore
Just a note, the effects smoking had on my stress levels were pretty minimal. It never really calmed me down, just made me not need to smoke anymore. And that was only after the addiction had set in, so it was more that smoking added another thing to the stress. I'm not going to tell you what you should and shouldn't do, you're an adult you can do what you want. I just wanted to give you that warning.

EDIT: And even though I quit a year and a half ago, I still get cravings every so often. Like now. I don't think it's something you can ever really kick.

FUME5

You got a better idea

I'm an emotional, depressed wreck on her period who hasn't eaten more than like 900 calories a day for the past two weeks but yet has to still work a full time job

But at least the Patriots are winning

As an ex smoker I'm not going to moralise, but that's really not going to help your broken heart, and it's definitely not going to help with your appetite.

And that shit is an absolute bitch to quit.

Im bored fam. Ask me anything without filters as usual

Best action film.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom