• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake Picture GAF v9 — No Man's Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Symphonia

Banned
Strawberry-Ketchup-Recipe-text-550.jpg
That's disgusting.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Performance review tomorrow. Im disgustingly indifferent and apathetic towards how I go.

Misha

Banned
How do you show actual time over expected time without actually showing time? My boss wanted percentage but it just makes it look like that's percent completed and that ends up going over 100%

FUME5

How do you show actual time over expected time without actually showing time? My boss wanted percentage but it just makes it look like that's percent completed and that ends up going over 100%

The project took 16% longer to complete than initially predicted.

Misha

Banned
The project took 16% longer to complete than initially predicted.
If it's currently in progress though?

The way it's being shown currently is essentially "we are 10 hours into a project that is expected to take 100 hours".

The issue with the hours is that it's a program that's shown on the assembly floor and they want the option to be able to not show exactly how long they expect it to take to clients tho still give the impression that they're serious about productivity

FUME5

You make up some arbitrary unit that correlates to hours at a rate only management knows, or base it on milestones you know roughly equivelates to hours spent?

Misha

Banned
You make up some arbitrary unit that correlates to hours at a rate only management knows, or base it on milestones you know roughly equivelates to hours spent?
It still needs to make sense to the assemblers since they're the main audience.

Milestones I tried a bit ago but they didn't work out. I do have a separate metric of individual parts of the thing whether they're completed but most don't get completed till the end so showing it as the main thing would make it look like no progress was being made.

Ive mostly reached the conclusion that I just have to do the percentages and say "hey that's what you asked me to do"
There's also a progress bar I have there so at least there's something graphical that makes sense

FUME5

I didnt have the rights to use some stuff. Currently waiting for an email to tell me it's resolved. Nothing else to do lol

Free time to polish the 'cats' part of your election platform.

It still needs to make sense to the assemblers since they're the main audience.

Milestones I tried a bit ago but they didn't work out. I do have a separate metric of individual parts of the thing whether they're completed but most don't get completed till the end so showing it as the main thing would make it look like no progress was being made.

Ive mostly reached the conclusion that I just have to do the percentages and say "hey that's what you asked me to do"
There's also a progress bar I have there so at least there's something graphical that makes sense
......Cats?

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
amaplefries.JPG

Your taste buds will thank you for making this sweet and savory Strawberry Ketchup!

Ingredients:
2 cups of your favorite ketchup
2 cup fresh strawberries, chopped & roasted in 400 degree oven for 10-15 minutes
1/4 cup strawberry jam

Directions:

1. In a blender or food processor, mix ketchup, roasted strawberries & jam until smooth.
  2. For thinner consistency add a little strawberry nectar/juice.
Notes:
  • Delicious served on a burger topped with bacon and crunchy peanut butter
  • There is no god: there never was. The universe is shallow and cold and lonely and nothing can save you
  • Perfect for dipping crispy seasoned waffle fries😘

DrM

Redmond's Baby
I could totally go for a nap right now

how's everyone doing?

Happily tired - I managed to cut the hedge, all bushes around the house and grass around the weekend house.

Also asked a girl for a date, but no response even after two day. Ok lady, your time is up, let's move onward

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
I'm sure she's devastated.

Anywaus, I can't decide what I want for lunch. Might go for Hardee's. But Great Steak sounds appealing too.

Symphonia

Banned
So I've been invited to a house party tonight. Supposed to be plenty of alcohol and a shit ton of coke. I'm tempted to go for the coke alone. The kicker - Churchyard Booty Girl will be there. Alcohol, coke, and a chance for a random hookup. How can I resist? Let my downward spiral begin.

FloatOn

So I've been invited to a house party tonight. Supposed to be plenty of alcohol and a shit ton of coke. I'm tempted to go for the coke alone. The kicker - Churchyard Booty Girl will be there. Alcohol, coke, and a chance for a random hookup. How can I resist? Let my downward spiral begin.

sounds fun.

I have class tonight. There is a girl that I'm semi-interested in that I'm hoping I'll have a chance to talk to more.

Please be safe <3

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member

I heard coke makes your dick shrivel up like salt on a snail.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Day 11 of sobriety. I can think much more clearly, but man am I bored.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Good work. I haven't had a drink going on two years now so I feel you.
Wow. Probably helps you stay focused with how hyper-busy you are. What do you do to relieve stress?

<3 I'm so proud of you
Comments like this make the effort seem worth it.

I'm guessing a Whopperito is just Whopper ingredients in a burrito? Sounds awful.

I've just had some thoughts about slapstick comedy, specifically how old slapstick is different to - and funnier than - new slapstick.

In new slapstick, it seems like the comedy is just a series of disconnected unfortunate things happening to people. The jokes are built more for the sudden shock, a moment or two of something unexpected.

Meanwhile, older slapstick, such as Laurel & Hardy or the Pink Panther films or so on, it seems to be more about how many different ways someone can do a thing badly. It's a lot more drawn out, and slowly builds up into this ridiculous thing, there's a structure and rhythm to it. Like, the first half of The Music Box is entirely spent with Stan & Ollie trying to get a piano up a flight of stairs, but various things keep meaning they have to start again. In The Pink Panther Strikes Again there's a 5 minute sequence of Clouseau repeatedly failing to get over a moat and into a castle. There's a repeated series of trial and failure, with the attempts and failures getting more and more ludicrous as it goes on.

I think also, there's a missing aspect of well meaning stupidity in newer stuff. Like, there was an element that these people were genuinely trying to help but were too dumb to manage it, so you could both sympathise with them and realise it was entirely their own fault. Things these days just seem a lot more mean-spirited.

I want to make an old-style slapstick film

EDIT: WAY TO GO SOL <3

Keep it up :3

FloatOn

Wow. Probably helps you stay focused with how hyper-busy you are. What do you do to relieve stress?

yeah it totally helps with the focus, I was surprised to learn how many social activities revolve around drinking so I'm sure you are discovering that too. It's a little weird being the guy that orders a sprite at a bar but once you get over it it's kind of hilarious watching other people get drunk.

as for stress relief, I've been getting into meditation lately so that helps. there is also taking my dog for a walk and if all else fails.... masturbation.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Im hungry but I dont wanna get up from here. Someone bring me food. ASAP. FloatOn take a 3 hour plane ride to then take a 30-45 minutes taxi to my town to bring me food. DO IT

Fluvian

Banned
Day 11 of sobriety. I can think much more clearly, but man am I bored.

Dude that'll pass after a certain amount of time, it differs from different drugs but I imagine alcohol isn't as much as like codeine, I don't know the science behind it but your body is getting used to being sober, also during this time you might have strong impulses to relapse since you might feel like that boring feeling is never going away, don't, it'll pass just hang in and stay clean friend.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Y'all guys continue to be awesome.

I don't remember when was the last time I had a sip of booze, but it was probably in some Bayleys pancakes. I can't say I miss it. Good on you all if you had an actual problem and cut it out from your lives. There are more productive ways to spend your money.

Xiao Hu

Bah. It's hot in Cologne and there is absolutely no wind in my area. I can't focus so any effort to study is pretty much futile :/

Misha

Banned
I seriously need to master flow charts. They're just so useful for programming and game design but they always come out looking like a mess to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom