• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake Picture GAF v9 — No Man's Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Brayden and Breckin sound like the kind of moist as dudes who dress in HBA and idolise Been Trill.

7q9Oj0I.jpg
DEWumWs.jpg

I know three Braydens and they're all pretty gentle, unassuming guys. I'm not sure where these weird name associations come from :(

That's the most efficient bandaid rip i've ever seen.

yeah, it was glorious

Fuck

It's the 1 year anniversary of the reveal that David Cameron fucked a dead pig

Should be a national holiday tbh

celebrated of course by lewd porcine relations, yes?

Holy shit, that left picture sure is... something.

He's a 12 year old fuckboy in the making. It's hard to explain this to an 11 year old and she also has no perspective on the name "Brayden" being for shitdudes either

He's the one who occasionally joins in voice chat with you and your niece and acts as if you're equals, right?

Definite fucboi vibes.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Toasted kale burger sandwich with swiss cheese, roasted radish, spinach, beetroot, and avocado.

untitled-1pisyf.jpg

Brayden and Breckin sound like the kind of moist as dudes who dress in HBA and idolise Been Trill.

I don't know who or what HBA and Been Trill are but these pictures make me legit nauseous.

On the subject of fucbois and fucboi fashion, I have strong opinions about Cottweiler's robe trackpants.

Idgi. They're not even enticing. They're just an advertisement to let everyone know what a conceited shitlord you are.

Also, lmao @ the normal price tag. You'd better be paying me to wear that trash.

I know three Braydens and they're all pretty gentle, unassuming guys. I'm not sure where these weird name associations come from :(

3-4 white men in their thirties being curmudgeonly conservative assholes.

I think it's a terrible name too.

Destiny expansion launch is a travesty.

Rise of Tapirs! We've got queues now.

I'm not attracted to online games to begin with, but this kind of thing happening so frequently definitely keeps me further away

This hasn't been a problem before for this game. Glad I didn't take a day off work like two of my friends.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Man, I'm having the worst stomach burn. Ugh.

Unrelated: I'm really on the fence regarding Passengers. It looks like such an awkward mix of odious romantic film for the younglings, cheesy action movie with zany designs and half-seriosy sci-fi flick in the vein of Interstellar. On the plus side, there's meaty JLaw in her undies. On the other, I can't take Chris Pratt seriously.

The word slurp fills me with lowkey revulsion like moist.
I see a connection.

Jobbs

Banned
The word "sopping" upsets me

Man, I'm having the worst stomach burn. Ugh.

Unrelated: I'm really on the fence regarding Passengers. It looks like such an awkward mix of odious romantic film for the younglings, cheesy action movie with zany designs and half-seriosy sci-fi flick in the vein of Interstellar. On the plus side, there's meaty JLaw in her undies. On the other, I can't take Chris Pratt seriously.

I see a connection.

I guess it looks watchable, sorta, but given the cast and the pg13ness of it I just know it's going to be a big stupid dumb fucking bore like The Martian or at least incredibly stupid like Gravity. I wish we got more serious sci fi (Europa Report).

I find Chris Pratt to be, again, watchable, but not particularly compelling. He's just kind of movie star man at this point, and doesn't have the interest or depth of a Jake Gylenhall or a Ryan Gosling.

I don't get JLaw's success. Decent actress, I guess, but she doesn't really bring anything special to most roles and generally doesn't even seem believable when she's playing a grownup.

Jobbs

Banned
The Martian is fucking stupid... Like, it's a great example of scriptwriting being an entirely lost art. There's no real arc to anything and we already know what's going to happen. Matt Damon is smart, he sciences shit, and he does everything and lives.. It's just so tedious and boring. Yeah, I guess his garden burns up once, but it hardly matters because he just keeps on going sciencing.

It's so boring.
How do you find interest in a character who basically succeeds at everything and we already know the ending? This guy is succeeding easily at everything and has no character arc and I already know how it's going to turn out. I'm at the edge of my seat.

And it's hard to just enjoy at it as a procedural because the writers don't respect my intelligence. They overexplain everything, have Nasa engineers explain simple shit to eachother for no reason at all, and rely on dumb tropes like people having epiphanies mid sentence and running off to work. It's dumb schlock. I'm insulted by it because the world tricked me into watching it by saying it's super good.

Oh, and rock music. This is a bit more subjective but please get the fuck out of science fiction.

The Martian is fucking stupid... Like, it's a great example of scriptwriting being an entirely lost art. There's no real arc to anything and we already know what's going to happen. Matt Damon is smart, he sciences shit, and he does everything and lives.. It's just so tedious and boring. Yeah, I guess his garden burns up once, but it hardly matters because he just keeps on going sciencing.

It's so boring.
How do you find interest in a character who basically succeeds at everything and we already know the ending? This guy is succeeding easily at everything and has no character arc and I already know how it's going to turn out. I'm at the edge of my seat.

And it's hard to just enjoy at it as a procedural because the writers don't respect my intelligence. They overexplain everything, have Nasa engineers explain simple shit to eachother for no reason at all, and rely on dumb tropes like people having epiphanies mid sentence and running off to work. It's dumb schlock. I'm insulted by it because the world tricked me into watching it by saying it's super good.

Oh, and rock music. This is a bit more subjective but please get the fuck out of science fiction.

Well, it is modern day Ridley Scott, so I suppose the shittiness isn't too surprising.

Jobbs

Banned
Gravity was gorgeous but the dumb character storylines and dialogue and all the dumb stuff that happened (Sanda Bollock riding a fire extinguisher around in space and everything blowing up etc) prevent me from giving it a very high score

Ex Machina was great.

YES! 100% agreed. Ex Machina was outstanding science fiction. We need more of that.

FloatOn

I could go into why the martian and gravity have merit but I'm just waking up and I don't really give a shit.

Then there is this thing that I've noticed that people who generally have their mind made up about something are too close minded to listen to anything contrary to what they have come to believe.

But anyway, all of you should watch Blood Glacier. It's like a Norwegian (I think) version of The Thing. It's on Netflix.

Jobbs

Banned
I could go into why the martian and gravity have merit but I'm just waking up and I don't really give a shit.

Then there is this thing that I've noticed that people who generally have their mind made up about something are too close minded to listen to anything contrary to what they have come to believe.

But anyway, all of you should watch Blood Glacier. It's like a Norwegian (I think) version of The Thing. It's on Netflix.

I like to have a little fun bashing movies I don't like, but I understand people get different things out of them and I have no problem with you or anyone else liking them. Just having a bit of fun. :)

Speaking of fun, you need to see Blood Father!

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Still on the verge regarding Blood Father. Damn it, Mel.

Also, I'm watching Alien, Aliens and The Thing with the querlfrend as soon as she comes back from Germany. It's a disgrace that she hasn't watched those yet (which of course, mockingly blames on her being a youngling and me an old man).

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
You found The Martian boring? Juat?

I've never watched the film tho. The book however is a blast. Even if it got a little too meme humor heavy in some parts.

j7Sy6ny.jpg
I wrote this log.

The main things I liked about The Martian in book form were the general humor and the nitty-gritty science.

I mean that's mainly what the book has going for it. So if these weren't translated well to the film, then I can understand the dislike. The characters are cardboard and the plot isn't exactly anything but predictable.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
EDIT: I'm on the last episode of Stranger Things. Let's do this.

I liked Gravity (even if it was full of dumb) but it still personifies a lot of the issue I have with modern sci fi; lacks ambition and intellect to explore concepts and too heavily leans on made-for-general-audience narrative and cinematic tropes. So even blockbuster sci fi that's apparently great still almost always boils down to a simple adventure movie that just so happens to have a science fiction template setting.

Ex Machina managed to take tried and true science fiction themes and retell them in a modern setting while keeping the science fiction always at the centre of the narrative. It's a cerebral film in that sense, exploring its themes and concepts through imagery, sound, and words in a way that keeps you thinking. It's stimulating in concept and theory rather than stimulating purely in quick fix stimuli. It knows its boundaries and limits, and like good sci fi goes balls deep into its own themes and concepts instead of treating the audience like idiots where the science fiction part is thin and over explained.

Though it's far more cinematic and certainly more adventurous, Rise of the Planet of the Apes is also one of the most surprisingly intelligent science fiction movies of the last few years. It could be my favourite film of 2014. Edge of Tomorrow was also really good until it kinda got a bit blah in the action pew pew climax.

I didn't have you down as a lowly, dead-end food delivery man.

My bad. I'll pass.

I'm Australian. We don't tip. But I still want one. Slurp that tip.

FloatOn

I like to have a little fun bashing movies I don't like, but I understand people get different things out of them and I have no problem with you or anyone else liking them. Just having a bit of fun. :)

Speaking of fun, you need to see Blood Father!

I'll watch blood father this weekend if you watch blood glacier :)

Deal?

And concerning modern sci-fi these are some of my favorites:

Sunshine
Gattaca
Solaris (remake)
Under the Skin
Beyond the Black Rainbow

original.gif

His face and body tho.

Also, has he been a dick or something? I don't pay attention.

https://twitter.com/prattprattpratt/status/758181119959240704

I feel like there's been other stuff, but I can't remember it

And yes, he is a nice buffboy :3

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom