• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fake Picture GAF v9 — No Man's Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I hate you every time I fuck you
But I close the door
Cause I’m young and insecure
I loved you, what am I supposed to do?
It’s all we’re good for
While we’re young and insecure

739824cd87.gif

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Hey EC if I give you my census login can you do my census form?

Also I don't have a census login yet. Get on that.

Women are overrepresented in low paying jobs like teaching and they're underrepresented in high paying jobs like STEM fields. It's almost just that simple. When you factor that out the gender wage gap goes down from ~30% to 1–3%. So I'm sick of people who would rather say "it's your job to pay me more" than "we should find ways to encourage more women to enter better paying jobs."

Obviously everyone's circumstances are different, and some people just get stuck in shit jobs. But the solution is not to blame some nebulous sexist upper management. There are other actually tangible manifestations of patriarchy at work which need to be attacked instead, and also a lot of self responsibility. Like I didn't care that most of my CS class mates were male. That didn't discourage me from pushing through with programming anyway. We need more people willing to break the mold where they can.

I think a bigger reason is that women are more affected by children. After getting children women are out of the workforce for longer and/or focus on getting part time jobs or jobs with more flexibility, resulting in a lower wage. Which is still a bit of a cultural problem, but a different direction.

The effect of being represented more in other types of occupations only account for ~25% of the gender pay gap.

Granted this is mostly based on a single study and Freakonomics that have an episode that covered it: http://scholar.harvard.edu/goldin/publications/grand-gender-convergence-its-last-chapter .

I am inclined to believe them though, I don't see most information on the gender pay gap taking into account any of those things. Too bad saying things like this probably results in a backlash for me as a man.

Xiao Hu

And all because I don't tip. I'm sorry that I choose to hold on to my money rather than pay more for my meal than what the menu stated. I'm sorry that I refuse to pay your checks, a job that your manager should be doing. I'm sorry that you hate yourself for ending up in a job you hate with no prospects.

Oh.

Wait.

I'm not.

This. Tipping culture sucks, pay your employees a fair wage instead of putting this responsibility on your customers, you jerk! I've only tipped 3 times in my life, first the last time I went drinking with my friends in Germany before flying over to China, second when a lad patiently explained to us how eat proper hot pot and third for my tattoo artist in Saigon because he barely ate anything and overall was such a nice talented young man.

Jobbs

Banned
My GF and I had what I believe was our first fight -- and it was over something that I think is just kind of unfair. (Not sure yet if I want to air the particulars here) Trying to cool off.

How is everyone?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
My GF and I had what I believe was our first fight -- and it was over something that I think is just kind of unfair. (Not sure yet if I want to air the particulars here) Trying to cool off.

How is everyone?

I slept obnoxiously well, had a surprisingly cruisy day, am going for a post work pint with my colleague, and have kale burgers ready for dinner. I'm good.

Sucks about the fight. Collect and reflect. Vent away.

jb1234

How is everyone?

Terrible day. Depressed as fuck. I'm sorry to hear you had a fight with your GF. I'm sending you a long distance hug.

Jobbs

Banned
I slept obnoxiously well, had a surprisingly cruisy day, am going for a post work pint with my colleague, and have kale burgers ready for dinner. I'm good.

Sucks about the fight. Collect and reflect. Vent away.

Terrible day. Depressed as fuck. I'm sorry to hear you had a fight with your GF. I'm sending you a long distance hug.

Thanks guys. Have a good time EC, that pint sounds kinda good right now. :p

I hope tomorrow is better for you JB.

FUME5

How is everyone?

The only thing you need to worry about getting under your skin is the GOD DAMN ALIEN PARASITES.

I feel like shit. 3 mosquitos swarmed around my ears last night and I got no sleep 😞😞😞 where did they even come from it's getting colder already. 😞 I only got 2 btw. I hope the last one won't be waiting for me.

I remain convinced that flowers save almost any table setting

(lentil quinoa stew; spinach kale tomato walnut feta salad)

How is everyone?

aw :(

One of our guests tonight was talking at length about how this girl asked him out last week and he rejected her with "I definitely don't want to do that". It's kind of sad because she so obviously lusts after him and he's never shown any interest in return, so we've been wondering for months now when she would ever get a clue. It was a funny story and a juicy bit of gossip, but then he ended the night telling me he loves me and being a little more touchy feely than usual. Granted, we're all pretty loose with the L word, but it seemed like poor timing. Luckily Lucy knows I'm not at all into him.

FUME5

We need a kickstarter for trab: electrified "Hammer Gosling" mosquito traps.

EDIT

A 'friend' casually telling you he loves you when he knows you're with somebody?

Does he think it counts less?

Vazra

Ugh woke up and its just 4:23am. Only 4ish hours. Gonna try sleeping more but this might suck. Also had to remove a lot of shit from my bag cause Mom told me there was things they would confiscate. FML

We need a kickstarter for trab: electrified "Hammer Gosling" mosquito traps.

EDIT

A 'friend' casually telling you he loves you when he knows you're with somebody?

Does he think it counts less?

idk. I used to tell my girlfriends I loved them all the time but now it feels inappropriate. A lot of everyone else in the group still say it sometimes though.

Ugh woke up and its just 4:23am. Only 4ish hours. Gonna try sleeping more but this might suck. Also had to remove a lot of shit from my bag cause Mom told me there was things they would confiscate. FML

sorry man :(

it'll be worth it though!

FUME5

idk. I used to tell my girlfriends I loved them all the time but now it feels inappropriate. A lot of everyone else in the group still say it sometimes though.

You're probably overthinking it, they're not going to suddenly think you were just saying it to get in their pants for all these years.

Vazra

sorry man :(

it'll be worth it though!
It sucks cause some things hold a really emotional value to me. As for the games its annoying I cant take all my discs in my bag because of limits. Not even sure if Im taking the Wii U with me just to be safe. Sending money to get it via mail will suck cause I had already a few boxes with things to mail eventually when I get a job and my own spot but I guess the laptop and phone will be the only electronics Im taking💩

It sucks cause some things hold a really emotional value to me. As for the games its annoying I cant take all my discs in my bag because of limits. Not even sure if Im taking the Wii U with me just to be safe. Sending money to get it via mail will suck cause I had already a few boxes with things to mail eventually when I get a job and my own spot but I guess the laptop and phone will be the only electronics Im taking��

hmm, most of that stuff is fine to put in your checked bags. It's only carry-ons that get a whole bunch of scrutiny like that

What if she did subconsciously

I know, right? lol ♥

You're probably overthinking it, they're not going to suddenly think you were just saying it to get in their pants for all these years.

what..... where would you have gotten that idea?

Bah, I'm probably overthinking it like usual.

It's weird to me, but I'll be the first to admit I'm probably just overthinking it and making a mountain out of a molehill.

Oh I definitely overthink things

Dude you're overthinking it.

I'm overthinking things

They're saying I'm overthinking this (which is probably true... I do that a lot).

let me know when I'm overthinking or missing something

Perhaps I'm overthinking this.

I'm a mess right now and I'm overthinking everything.

It's not that cut-and-dry, and I'm probably overthinking it like usual for me when it's this late at night.

Haha. As long as we're talking about consistencies in posting habits, you also like to say that you're projecting.

(Which I suppose goes hand in hand with overthinking. I certainly do plenty of both myself.)

three times, Josh. Talk about proje... shit.

That "you're overthinking it" was me dispensing my manly game dev wisdom and you rejecting it and putting me properly in my place

memories

yeah and I also said I wouldn't be in pre-production for forever, yet here I am xD

You know what you need to do.

"I totally love you platonically"

*strong eye contact*

oh god haha

specifying platonic just serves as a reminder that there are other options

also fun fact: strong eye contact is a great way to get people to break when they're singing the birthday song to you at a restaurant trying to embarrass you

Jobbs

Banned
When your niece is still talking about Brayden long after you've explained to her why Brayden is a fucking dicklord.

w9R193o.png

I have various lady troubles. It never ends

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I mean, his name is Brayden.

Just like anybody else, your niece will only learn the realities of life after getting her heart crushed by a couple of fuccbois.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
One of our guests tonight was talking at length about how this girl asked him out last week and he rejected her with "I definitely don't want to do that".

That's the most efficient bandaid rip i've ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom